login info join!
This thread was locked on 2011-07-24 21:09:24. Reason: Trolling limit exceeded.
Forums > General Industry > Sex and Rape Search   Reply
12345last
Photographer
Creative Studio One
Posts: 213
Toronto, Ontario, Canada


I haven't been on this forum for too long and have already been exposed to these type of threads already.
What if a model and photographed at the heat of the moment decide to engage in mutually consensual sex but one changes his/her mind, and decided after the fact to call it a rape. It could be a female photographer and male model, or male photographer and female model or people of same sex, whatever the sexes (lets not delve into this part of it)

How do you protect yourself from cries of rape or sexual harassment at work?
Jul 24 11 04:57 pm  Link  Quote 
Photographer
Marietta Photography
Posts: 1,174
Atlanta, Georgia, US


I don't have sex at work.
Jul 24 11 04:59 pm  Link  Quote 
Model
Elizabeth Claret
Posts: 56,032
Yelm, Washington, US


Jim Judd wrote:
I don't have sex at work.

/thread


How do you protect yourself in any other situation? What about at the office? Do you just lose control of yourself, throw down your keyboard, and start going at it with Ms. Wilson from down the hall?

Be realistic.

Jul 24 11 05:02 pm  Link  Quote 
Photographer
DaG
Posts: 2,784
Los Angeles, California, US


Simple. You can't really protect yourself. If two people have consensual sex but then later one cries rape it is your word against theirs.

The good news is this has absolutely nothing to do with photography.
Jul 24 11 05:06 pm  Link  Quote 
Photographer
Gonzales Pictures
Posts: 431
Turlock, California, US


Try this: have a history of always being professional and never sleeping (or doing anything with) the people you are working with.  It really isn't rocket science.  I would wager that most of the people that has happened to has put themselves in that position.
Jul 24 11 05:08 pm  Link  Quote 
Model
JadeDRed
Posts: 5,300
London, England, United Kingdom


Why, are you planning to sleep with some models?

You might be putting the cart before the horse here.
Jul 24 11 05:09 pm  Link  Quote 
Photographer
Wysiwyg Photography
Posts: 6,326
Salt Lake City, Utah, US


How is this different than any other type of environment?

someone can 'cry rape' on a date, at a party, in the woods.. anywhere.

I was told (And if I'm wrong, I like to learn).. that rape cases now REQUIRE a rape kit done on the woman.

something is different and the bruising around the vulva is different when it's rape...


Unfortunately... that's the risks you take when you have sex... the opposite party can always cry rape...
Jul 24 11 05:17 pm  Link  Quote 
Photographer
Lumigraphics
Posts: 32,652
Detroit, Michigan, US


Creative Studio One wrote:
I haven't been on this forum for too long and have already been exposed to these type of threads already.
What if a model and photographed at the heat of the moment decide to engage in mutually consensual sex but one changes his/her mind, and decided after the fact to call it a rape. It could be a female photographer and male model, or male photographer and female model or people of same sex, whatever the sexes (lets not delve into this part of it)

How do you protect yourself from cries of rape or sexual harassment at work?

Don't have sex unless you know the other person at least a little bit?

Jul 24 11 05:18 pm  Link  Quote 
Photographer
Creative Studio One
Posts: 213
Toronto, Ontario, Canada


No personal attacks are appreciated. It sexual relationships at work are a fact of life. I met my former girlfriend at work. She was my supervisor and .....

I don't think there is anything wrong with two people who like each other regardless of where they met to form a relationship. And we all have had failed relationships. I am just trying to figure out what others do to protect themselves.

The problem is that if things go wrong the judge may take the other parties word over yours.
Jul 24 11 05:19 pm  Link  Quote 
Model
V Laroche
Posts: 2,745
New Orleans, Louisiana, US


Wysiwyg Photography wrote:
How is this different than any other type of environment?

someone can 'cry rape' on a date, at a party, in the woods.. anywhere.

I was told (And if I'm wrong, I like to learn).. that rape cases now REQUIRE a rape kit done on the woman.

something is different and the bruising around the vulva is different when it's rape...


Unfortunately... that's the risks you take when you have sex... the opposite party can always cry rape...

You're wrong about the rape kits. What a ridiculous assertion! The statute of limitation on rape allegations is (I think) seven years and even longer if the victim is a child.

Jul 24 11 05:20 pm  Link  Quote 
Photographer
Chicchowmein
Posts: 14,348
Palm Beach, Florida, US


This is a joke right?
Jul 24 11 05:21 pm  Link  Quote 
Photographer
DANACOLE
Posts: 10,157
Oslo, Oslo, Norway


Creative Studio One wrote:
How do you protect yourself from cries of rape or sexual harassment at work?

ummmm don't have sex on the job.....pretty simple


if 2 consenting adults decide to have sex later then so be it...

Jul 24 11 05:21 pm  Link  Quote 
Model
V Laroche
Posts: 2,745
New Orleans, Louisiana, US


JadeDRed wrote:
Why, are you planning to sleep with some models?

You might be putting the cart before the horse here.

Yeah, I think this post is pretty optimistic too. I see where OP's priorities are with his photography.

Jul 24 11 05:21 pm  Link  Quote 
Photographer
Wysiwyg Photography
Posts: 6,326
Salt Lake City, Utah, US


Valentine Laroche wrote:

You're wrong about the rape kits. What a ridiculous assertion! The statute of limitation on rape allegations is (I think) seven years and even longer if the victim is a child.

Thanks.. Like I said I wasn't sure about the rape kits... but now I think men are just screwed then (no pun intended)

I'm sure if a woman was lying about rape, no one would believe the man anyway that he didn't do it and it was consensual.

Jul 24 11 05:26 pm  Link  Quote 
Photographer
Creative Studio One
Posts: 213
Toronto, Ontario, Canada


JadeDRed wrote:
Why, are you planning to sleep with some models?

You might be putting the cart before the horse here.
Valentine Laroche wrote:
Yeah, I think this post is pretty optimistic too. I see where OP's priorities are with his photography.

I thought people here are more mature than that.
Thanks for accusations, which helps demonstrate how people may easily accuse people without any reason, or fact.
My priorities are conducting myself legally in every aspect of life. Help others protect themselves.

Jul 24 11 05:26 pm  Link  Quote 
Photographer
DANACOLE
Posts: 10,157
Oslo, Oslo, Norway


Creative Studio One wrote:
No personal attacks are appreciated. It sexual relationships at work are a fact of life. I met my former girlfriend at work. She was my supervisor and .....

I don't think there is anything wrong with two people who like each other regardless of where they met to form a relationship. And we all have had failed relationships. I am just trying to figure out what others do to protect themselves.

The problem is that if things go wrong the judge may take the other parties word over yours.

this is not what your  OP sounds like it is saying..
It sounds more like you are doing a shoot and you and the model then decide you all want to have sex ON SET

that is what you OP sounds like...

Now...if you mean 2 adults liking one another ON SET then hooking up OFF SET ..then they are 2 adults and can do so..If she/he later changes thier mind about sleeping with you then how can they say its sexual harrasment?? it didn't happen at work....

The rape part can happen in any sexual relationship...with anyone you meet anywhere..

Jul 24 11 05:27 pm  Link  Quote 
Photographer
Greg Kolack
Posts: 17,677
Downers Grove, Illinois, US


Creative Studio One wrote:
No personal attacks are appreciated. It sexual relationships at work are a fact of life. I met my former girlfriend at work. She was my supervisor and .....

I don't think there is anything wrong with two people who like each other regardless of where they met to form a relationship. And we all have had failed relationships. I am just trying to figure out what others do to protect themselves.

The problem is that if things go wrong the judge may take the other parties word over yours.

I cannot figure out why you posted this in an industry Forum.

What does this have to do with photography?

I can honestly say in 30-some years of being a photographer, this question has never entered my mind.

Seems you would be better off writing the Playboy Advisor.

Jul 24 11 05:27 pm  Link  Quote 
Model
JadeDRed
Posts: 5,300
London, England, United Kingdom


Wysiwyg Photography wrote:
I'm sure if a woman was lying about rape, no one would believe the man anyway that he didn't do it and it was consensual.

That would mean that men are never found innocent of rape. Which i'm pretty sure isn't the case.

Edit - Unless its all the innocent ones being found guilty and the guilty ones that are being found innocent, but that doesn't seem likely.

Jul 24 11 05:28 pm  Link  Quote 
Photographer
Greg Kolack
Posts: 17,677
Downers Grove, Illinois, US


Creative Studio One wrote:

JadeDRed wrote:
Why, are you planning to sleep with some models?

You might be putting the cart before the horse here.

I thought people here are more mature than that.
Thanks for accusations, which helps demonstrate how people may easily accuse people without any reason, or fact.
My priorities are conducting myself legally in every aspect of life. Help others protect themselves.

OK...

Jul 24 11 05:29 pm  Link  Quote 
Photographer
Wysiwyg Photography
Posts: 6,326
Salt Lake City, Utah, US


JadeDRed wrote:

That would mean that men are never found innocent of rape. Which i'm pretty sure isn't the case.

Well.. I'm just saying.. how do you prove his innocents if the woman is lying and she is just crying rape?

Jul 24 11 05:30 pm  Link  Quote 
Photographer
Creative Studio One
Posts: 213
Toronto, Ontario, Canada


Wysiwyg Photography wrote:

Well.. I'm just saying.. how do you prove his innocents if the woman is lying and she is just crying rape?

+1
judges may have a stigma against freelance photographers.

Jul 24 11 05:32 pm  Link  Quote 
Photographer
John Edward
Posts: 2,462
Dallas, Texas, US


It's simple.

It happens.

The only models who ever badmouthed me were the ones I turned down.

Nobody believed me, so...

I always have a cheap video camera running in the corner during the whole shoot.

If ya wanna have Sexy Time, FINE!

But it's gonna be on the tape.

No crying Wolf later.

And after that we're going back to work.

Happy Now?
Jul 24 11 05:32 pm  Link  Quote 
Photographer
Alan Thomas
Posts: 87
Tampa, Florida, US


It's a clear and simple answer:  NEVER, NEVER, NEVER, NEVER HAVE ANY KIND OF SEXUAL CONTACT DURING A PHOTO SESSION.  MAINTAIN YOUR PROFESSIONALISM AND YOUR REPUTATION!!!!!!  (AND the reputation of others in the industry.)
Jul 24 11 05:33 pm  Link  Quote 
Photographer
Good Egg Productions
Posts: 15,065
Orlando, Florida, US


Wysiwyg Photography wrote:
How is this different than any other type of environment?

someone can 'cry rape' on a date, at a party, in the woods.. anywhere.

I was told (And if I'm wrong, I like to learn).. that rape cases now REQUIRE a rape kit done on the woman.

something is different and the bruising around the vulva is different when it's rape...


Unfortunately... that's the risks you take when you have sex... the opposite party can always cry rape...

That's why I video tape it.  And have two witnesses present at all times.  Every time.

Jul 24 11 05:33 pm  Link  Quote 
Model
JadeDRed
Posts: 5,300
London, England, United Kingdom


Creative Studio One wrote:

I thought people here are more mature than that.
Thanks for accusations, which helps demonstrate how people may easily accuse people without any reason, or fact.
My priorities are conducting myself legally in every aspect of life. Help others protect themselves.

That wasn't an accusation it was a question. And a relevant one. Why would you concern yourself with this question if you didn't have at least some designs on sleeping with models?

I didn't accuse you of anything, i just thought your thinking might be a bit premature.

If i had made a pun about that last sentence, that would be immature. But i didn't. Just. Its killing me.

Jul 24 11 05:33 pm  Link  Quote 
Model
E_V_A
Posts: 1,722
Redondo Beach, California, US


Creative Studio One wrote:
How do you protect yourself from cries of rape or sexual harassment at work?

Don't get sexual at work.

Or try to only bang the co-workers that seem like they have a good head on their shoulders and woulden't do such a thing.

Jul 24 11 05:34 pm  Link  Quote 
Photographer
Matt D
Posts: 63
Signal Hill, California, US


Creative Studio One wrote:
I haven't been on this forum for too long and have already been exposed to these type of threads already.
What if a model and photographed at the heat of the moment decide to engage in mutually consensual sex but one changes his/her mind, and decided after the fact to call it a rape. It could be a female photographer and male model, or male photographer and female model or people of same sex, whatever the sexes (lets not delve into this part of it)

How do you protect yourself from cries of rape or sexual harassment at work?

Believe it or not i went through this exact same scenario, after a shoot i took model to dinner because she mentioned she was extremely hungry and had no money to buy food, so i said wth why not feed her right.
well through dinner she expressed her interest in me and said that she found me extremely attractive and wouldn't mind going back to my place and having a little fun session, I was shocked by her forwardness but said why not,we went back to my pad, had a really fun time with her and she went home, 3 weeks go by and i get a call from a certain police department saying that someone had made a complain and allegations of rape and they wanted me to come in for an interview, I told the PI that i would not be going anywhere and that at this point he needed to contact my lawyer.
mind you i have nothing to hide but i am not stupid to go alone to an interview where i know the PI's are on a fishing expedition, my lawyers contacted them and the same day charges were dropped when they found out i also had video of the encounter, I was broken into at my place so i decided to install video surveillance and and by law i reserve the right to tell them once they are in my place that they are under surveillance, i could have been vindictive and press charges against her for making false accusations of rape but decided not to make her life more miserable than it already was, it was pretty obvious she had a lot of emotional problems and very distressed with money problems and was looking for a payday when she 1st contacted me asking for 5 grand, just be-careful guys and cover all your bases before decided to dip your sausage into a meat box., thank god this cost me nothing but headache. that's my story..

Jul 24 11 05:35 pm  Link  Quote 
Model
JadeDRed
Posts: 5,300
London, England, United Kingdom


Wysiwyg Photography wrote:

Well.. I'm just saying.. how do you prove his innocents if the woman is lying and she is just crying rape?

You dont have to prove you're innocent in UK or US courts, do you?

How do you prove the woman didn't consent when the man is lieing.

I dont know much about law but i figure its similar to other crimes, evidence, witnesses, a trial, the usual stuff.

Jul 24 11 05:36 pm  Link  Quote 
Model
Ararity
Posts: 4,347
New York, New York, US


Creative Studio One wrote:
I haven't been on this forum for too long and have already been exposed to these type of threads already.
What if a model and photographed at the heat of the moment decide to engage in mutually consensual sex but one changes his/her mind, and decided after the fact to call it a rape. It could be a female photographer and male model, or male photographer and female model or people of same sex, whatever the sexes (lets not delve into this part of it)

How do you protect yourself from cries of rape or sexual harassment at work?

If sex at any point BECOMES non-consensual by either party, and the sex still continues, it IS RAPE. Whenever they come to the realization/tell authorities, etc is IRRELEVANT.

Thinking with one's MIND and not one's PRIVATES in every situation will avoid this sort of tragedy.

Jul 24 11 05:36 pm  Link  Quote 
Model
JadeDRed
Posts: 5,300
London, England, United Kingdom


Good Egg Productions wrote:

That's why I video tape it.  And have two witnesses present at all times.  Every time.

Awesome.

Jul 24 11 05:37 pm  Link  Quote 
Model
JadeDRed
Posts: 5,300
London, England, United Kingdom


Creative Studio One wrote:

+1
judges may have a stigma against freelance photographers.

hmm

Jul 24 11 05:39 pm  Link  Quote 
Photographer
Christopher Carter
Posts: 7,630
Indianapolis, Indiana, US


Creative Studio One wrote:
How do you protect yourself from cries of rape or sexual harassment at work?

Don't sleep with people at work.

This wasn't even a hard question.

Although to be honest, it sounds like you're fishing for tips, as opposed to advice.

Jul 24 11 05:39 pm  Link  Quote 
Photographer
Greg Kolack
Posts: 17,677
Downers Grove, Illinois, US


Creative Studio One wrote:

+1
judges may have a stigma against freelance photographers.

So be honest, you're just making this up as you go along, right?

Jul 24 11 05:41 pm  Link  Quote 
Photographer
Viator Defessus Photos
Posts: 998
College Station, Texas, US


I can KINDA see forming a relationship with someone you work with on a shoot after the fact. Heck, one of the models I work with met a male model at a shoot and they're trying to date now. But having sex in the middle of a shoot with someone you just met? Yeah... ewww. Have fun with those STDs.
Jul 24 11 05:43 pm  Link  Quote 
Photographer
John Edward
Posts: 2,462
Dallas, Texas, US


AlanT48 wrote:
It's a clear and simple answer:  NEVER, NEVER, NEVER, NEVER HAVE ANY KIND OF SEXUAL CONTACT DURING A PHOTO SESSION.  MAINTAIN YOUR PROFESSIONALISM AND YOUR REPUTATION!!!!!!  (AND the reputation of others in the industry.)

You just don't get it.

The only ones who complained, were the ones I said "No," to.

Feelings hurt, ya know.

Now I say Yes, but we're taping the whole thing, and you have to sign a release.

From there, they either back off, or I "Take One For The Team."

Saying No, caused all my problems.

Jul 24 11 05:43 pm  Link  Quote 
Photographer
Wysiwyg Photography
Posts: 6,326
Salt Lake City, Utah, US


JadeDRed wrote:

You dont have to prove you're innocent in UK or US courts, do you?

How do you prove the woman didn't consent when the man is lieing.

I dont know much about law but i figure its similar to other crimes, evidence, witnesses, a trial, the usual stuff.

I'm sorry, this has just really hit home because men seem to be guilty till proven innocent when it comes to rape.

Hence why I brought up the rape kits... if that is usually how you get the data from a rape. And apparently they are not required in rape cases.

So the man gets screwed over.

Jul 24 11 05:44 pm  Link  Quote 
Photographer
Christian Nyback
Posts: 987
West Palm Beach, Florida, US


I've NEVER been raped on a shoot!!!!    ****stomping my feet in frustration****
Jul 24 11 05:44 pm  Link  Quote 
Photographer
Chicchowmein
Posts: 14,348
Palm Beach, Florida, US


This sure is going to entice models to work with certain photographers
Jul 24 11 05:46 pm  Link  Quote 
Photographer
Photoarray
Posts: 235
Crown Point, Indiana, US


Good Egg Productions wrote:
That's why I video tape it.  And have two witnesses present at all times.  Every time.

That's great!


I would make sure that I get paid for the job BEFORE hand, because otherwise it would just feel dirty getting paid AFTER!  wink

Jul 24 11 05:47 pm  Link  Quote 
Photographer
Greg Kolack
Posts: 17,677
Downers Grove, Illinois, US


OK, I am starting to think this may be a troll account.

He told a model she should get to boob job to help her career:

http://www.modelmayhem.com/po.php?threa … st15756672
Jul 24 11 05:47 pm  Link  Quote 
12345last   Search   Reply



main | browse | casting/travel | forums | shout box | help | advertising | contests | share | join the mayhem

more modelmayhem on: | | | edu

©2006-2014 ModelMayhem.com. All Rights Reserved.
MODEL MAYHEM is a registered trademark.
Toggle Worksafe Mode: Off | On
Terms | Privacy | Careers