login info join!
Forums > Hair, Makeup & Styling > Business & Composite Cards: Post yours! Search   Reply
Makeup Artist
Shekeita Magitt
Posts: 1,172
Atlanta, Georgia, US


I will be having my cards printed up within the next month. I would love to get an idea of which direction I should go in. What info I need to put on them and how many images(for the comp card). 

If you have business and/or comp cards can you post them?
If you don't have pictures what would you recommend?
Is there a great site to have them designed and/or printed?

Thanks in advance!
Feb 17 12 06:05 pm  Link  Quote 
Makeup Artist
Shekeita Magitt
Posts: 1,172
Atlanta, Georgia, US


Oh and if you designed your own where did you do it?
Feb 17 12 08:27 pm  Link  Quote 
Makeup Artist
Denise
Posts: 1,911
Kelowna, British Columbia, Canada


http://www.modelmayhem.com/po.php?threa … 163&page=6
Here's an older thread that has a lot of business card samples. My business card is very simple. I had 50 comp cards printed recently for a couple of specific events. I didn't want to print too many at a time because have a few more shoots planned so the composition will likely change. I do plan to create one photo card for bridal and another for fashion/print and keep my business card very graphically simple.
Feb 17 12 08:59 pm  Link  Quote 
Photographer
S de Varax
Posts: 7,270
Dubai, Dubai, United Arab Emirates


My minicards

http://sdevarax.files.wordpress.com/2011/09/card-6.jpg?w=300&h=200

http://sdevarax.wordpress.com/2011/10/0 … her-cards/

I've also recently got a set of normal size business cards and compcards.
Got them all through moo.
They're lovely!
Feb 18 12 03:18 am  Link  Quote 
Photographer
Fashion Photographer
Posts: 14,388
London, England, United Kingdom


Feb 18 12 03:54 am  Link  Quote 
Makeup Artist
Shekeita Magitt
Posts: 1,172
Atlanta, Georgia, US


Denise wrote:
http://www.modelmayhem.com/po.php?threa … 163&page=6
Here's an older thread that has a lot of business card samples. My business card is very simple. I had 50 comp cards printed recently for a couple of specific events. I didn't want to print too many at a time because have a few more shoots planned so the composition will likely change. I do plan to create one photo card for bridal and another for fashion/print and keep my business card very graphically simple.

There it is....I searched and searched and couldn't find that one. I will probably order a few cards with my most recent and older work. I wanna get a composite done but not too soon since I have been working with more talented teams lately. A bridal card would be cool to have.

Feb 18 12 07:27 pm  Link  Quote 
Makeup Artist
Shekeita Magitt
Posts: 1,172
Atlanta, Georgia, US


S de Varax wrote:
My minicards

http://sdevarax.files.wordpress.com/2011/09/card-6.jpg?w=300&h=200

http://sdevarax.wordpress.com/2011/10/0 … her-cards/

I've also recently got a set of normal size business cards and compcards.
Got them all through moo.
They're lovely!

Your cards are sooo cute! I will probably get normal sized ones but the minis are darn cute. I love the varity of work you selected. I need to get a logo done....I was just gonna try a simple font and match it to my site. The logo just looks more professional.

Feb 18 12 07:30 pm  Link  Quote 
Photographer
S de Varax
Posts: 7,270
Dubai, Dubai, United Arab Emirates


Shekeita Magitt wrote:

Your cards are sooo cute! I will probably get normal sized ones but the minis are darn cute. I love the varity of work you selected. I need to get a logo done....I was just gonna try a simple font and match it to my site. The logo just looks more professional.

if you're thinking of using multiple images I can't recommend Moo enough. their service is fantastic. when my pack of normal sized cards didn't arrive, they just reprinted the entire batch and resent it.

Feb 18 12 07:41 pm  Link  Quote 
Makeup Artist
Shekeita Magitt
Posts: 1,172
Atlanta, Georgia, US


Anyone else?
Feb 19 12 10:50 am  Link  Quote 
Photographer
Creative Concept Studio
Posts: 2,542
Fort Worth, Texas, US


Feb 19 12 11:05 am  Link  Quote 
Makeup Artist
Makeup Hair by Dani B
Posts: 729
Seattle, Washington, US


Just wanted to give another vote for the Moo company. My husband just came back from a photography convention in New Orleans and brought me a ton of samples from them. Very nice stuff, will definitely use them in the future. High quality, so many choices, and eco-friendly.
Feb 19 12 12:11 pm  Link  Quote 
Makeup Artist
Shekeita Magitt
Posts: 1,172
Atlanta, Georgia, US


Makeup by Dani B wrote:
Just wanted to give another vote for the Moo company. My husband just came back from a photography convention in New Orleans and brought me a ton of samples from them. Very nice stuff, will definitely use them in the future. High quality, so many choices, and eco-friendly.

They are on the top of my list now. Thanks hun!

Feb 19 12 12:16 pm  Link  Quote 
Makeup Artist
LisaJohnson
Posts: 10,525
Nashville, Tennessee, US


i hate to say this - but maybe it's me - every moo card i have gotten i have either lost or it was destroyed at the bottom of my purse -  just didnt pull it out for my card file - i think the small size is why... am i wrong in this?
Feb 19 12 03:50 pm  Link  Quote 
Makeup Artist
LisaJohnson
Posts: 10,525
Nashville, Tennessee, US


also are people doing composite cards still and sending them out?
Feb 19 12 03:54 pm  Link  Quote 
Photographer
Awesometographer
Posts: 10,973
Las Vegas, Nevada, US


http://jayleavitt.com/links/business_card.jpg

thick, bright, shiny. I like 'em. Redoing them soon, new images, QRcode, and stuffs. At $9 for 1000... these cannot be beat. I like em better than my moo cards
Feb 19 12 04:03 pm  Link  Quote 
Photographer
My Digital Eye
Posts: 395
London, England, United Kingdom


my old cards.
i tend to change the design more than i do my socks, but hardly give them out. currently waiting on a new batch which are super plain

http://www.mydigitaleye.com/cards.jpg
Feb 19 12 04:34 pm  Link  Quote 
Makeup Artist
LisaJohnson
Posts: 10,525
Nashville, Tennessee, US


what size are these in comparison to regular composite and business cards?
Feb 19 12 05:07 pm  Link  Quote 
Makeup Artist
Shekeita Magitt
Posts: 1,172
Atlanta, Georgia, US


LisaJohnson wrote:
i hate to say this - but maybe it's me - every moo card i have gotten i have either lost or it was destroyed at the bottom of my purse -  just didnt pull it out for my card file - i think the small size is why... am i wrong in this?

I was wondering this too! I googled to look for size referenences but I think I will just go with the standards.

Feb 20 12 08:54 am  Link  Quote 
Makeup Artist
Shekeita Magitt
Posts: 1,172
Atlanta, Georgia, US


Awesometographer wrote:
http://jayleavitt.com/links/business_card.jpg

thick, bright, shiny. I like 'em. Redoing them soon, new images, QRcode, and stuffs. At $9 for 1000... these cannot be beat. I like em better than my moo cards

I love the top image! But your cards look great. Now I just need to deside on a few images and where to print them.

Feb 20 12 08:57 am  Link  Quote 
Makeup Artist
Perry Foulke
Posts: 52
New York, New York, US


overnightprints.com

they have really great thick card stock (15 pt, i think normal cards are 18pt), so they're not as flimsy as other business cards i've used. you can get 1,000 premium business cards for about $35, plus you can get special freebies sometimes if you look around online for codes. and they ship them within a day or two of approving the design



http://i43.tinypic.com/205f3ab.jpg
Feb 20 12 10:16 am  Link  Quote 
Makeup Artist
Shekeita Magitt
Posts: 1,172
Atlanta, Georgia, US


Perry Foulke wrote:
overnightprints.com

they have really great thick card stock (15 pt, i think normal cards are 18pt), so they're not as flimsy as other business cards i've used. you can get 1,000 premium business cards for about $35, plus you can get special freebies sometimes if you look around online for codes. and they ship them within a day or two of approving the design



http://i43.tinypic.com/205f3ab.jpg

This is adorable! I will keep this company in mind...

Feb 23 12 10:20 am  Link  Quote 
Makeup Artist
Tamika Patrice
Posts: 304
Los Angeles, California, US


Awesometographer wrote:
http://jayleavitt.com/links/business_card.jpg

thick, bright, shiny. I like 'em. Redoing them soon, new images, QRcode, and stuffs. At $9 for 1000... these cannot be beat. I like em better than my moo cards

Who are these by? Thanks!

May 16 12 02:19 pm  Link  Quote 
Makeup Artist
ArtistryImage
Posts: 2,714
Washington, District of Columbia, US


Perry Foulke wrote:
overnightprints.com

they have really great thick card stock (15 pt, i think normal cards are 18pt), so they're not as flimsy as other business cards i've used.

+1  agreed... I use them... for both business and comp (Zed) cards
be certain to request their premium stock... 
and protected finish...

If you are into graphic arts then best to design your own and upload...
They actually provide templates so can download their CYMK Press profile...

here's my business card...
Back
Front

May 16 12 05:21 pm  Link  Quote 
Makeup Artist
ColleenFowlerMUA
Posts: 107
Murfreesboro, Tennessee, US


I got these from Zazzle, and created them in Fireworks. I also ordered some samples from moo.com(which are free, though watermarked, so you might want to try ordering some!), and they.are.amazing. I much prefer the size and stock of them, but they cost a good deal more. Zazzle often has half-off discounts, it looks like, on their cards, so they are really cheap if you can grab that. I got 200 for $20 (including shipping).
The card stock is very nice, not the best, but I'm quite happy with them! Firm, and the ink job was great: very sharp wording.

http://i265.photobucket.com/albums/ii231/Cauliflower346/534845_3920313570822_1369020420_3955444_262146073_n.jpg
The black ones didn't turn out nearly as nice as the white ones, so I can't say I would recommend them if you're wanting to print images--but I'm not sure how they would do because I just got text on my cards.

(edited because I didn't post the image correctly)
May 17 12 02:57 pm  Link  Quote 
Makeup Artist
Satsuki MUA
Posts: 28
Washington, District of Columbia, US


Awesometographer wrote:
http://jayleavitt.com/links/business_card.jpg

thick, bright, shiny. I like 'em. Redoing them soon, new images, QRcode, and stuffs. At $9 for 1000... these cannot be beat. I like em better than my moo cards

Where did you order these from? They look fantastic and the price is even more impressive!  I use moo but it can get costly.

May 20 12 07:37 am  Link  Quote 
Photographer
Kerri Jean Photography
Posts: 588
Indianapolis, Indiana, US


Awesometographer wrote:
http://jayleavitt.com/links/business_card.jpg

thick, bright, shiny. I like 'em. Redoing them soon, new images, QRcode, and stuffs. At $9 for 1000... these cannot be beat. I like em better than my moo cards

Where did you get them? these are great!

Nov 26 12 10:10 pm  Link  Quote 
Photographer
Shot By Adam
Posts: 5,612
Las Vegas, Nevada, US


I've bounced around with a few printers but now I'm using GotPrint.com with their fold-over cards. They really make a good impression. I've used Moo before but was very much unimpressed. I thought their print quality was extremely sub-par by comparison to just about all of their competitors and many of my photos used were inside the bleed when sent but printed really bad. I'd never order from them again!
Nov 26 12 10:15 pm  Link  Quote 
Model
Jodie_Model
Posts: 219
Swansea, Wales, United Kingdom


Wrong account oops!
Nov 27 12 06:43 am  Link  Quote 
Makeup Artist
Jodie Acty
Posts: 44
Swansea, Wales, United Kingdom


Here are mine from Moo:

http://distilleryimage8.s3.amazonaws.com/92704c8ae20b11e1899a12313804ce11_7.jpg
Nov 27 12 06:46 am  Link  Quote 
Photographer
SPierce Photography
Posts: 19,644
Amherst, Massachusetts, US


I actually ordered my cards from a local place, back when I was living in San Diego: PB Printing (Pacific Beach Printing http://sdprint.com/). Even though i'm no longer in the area, they still keep my cards on file, happily reprint and ship off to me whenever I need refills. They're good quality, thick enough for my purposes and seem to work pretty well. I haven't even actually taken a photo of them, but here's proofs front and back;

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8206/8224481438_4a2c00b461.jpg
Business Card by SPierceUrbex, on Flickr
Nov 27 12 07:30 am  Link  Quote 
  Search   Reply



main | browse | casting/travel | forums | shout box | help | advertising | contests | share | join the mayhem

more modelmayhem on: | | | edu

©2006-2014 ModelMayhem.com. All Rights Reserved.
MODEL MAYHEM is a registered trademark.
Toggle Worksafe Mode: Off | On
Terms | Privacy | Careers