login info join!
Forums > Model Colloquy > Does IMG now represent plus size models? Search   Reply
Model
queenbofnyc
Posts: 14
New York, New York, US


Hello everyone!

I was lurking through IMG's website and I saw Tara Lynn on their board. I was surprised because I know IMG represents the top supermodels who are mainly a size 2-4 (just from my knowledge). I thought Tara was with Ford but she just resently switched to IMG. Even though Tara Lynn is a very seasoned model, I was just surprised she is now with IMG...

So just wondering, are there any other plus models or even models who are not typical straight size signed by IMG. Is it worth it for an aspiring plus size model like myself to attend an open call?

Thanks in advance.
Aug 13 12 01:47 pm  Link  Quote 
guide forum
Model
Anna Adrielle
Posts: 18,762
Antwerp, Antwerp, Belgium


tara has been with IMG for some time now

I have personal experience with agencies who work with plussize models but don't showcase them on the site.

Open calls never hurt anyone, so either way just go and find out
(I say this to all models, not just plus ones :p.)

PS I don't know if your skin is photoshopped or you had make up on; but if this is how you look naturally than you have the most flawless skin I have ever sin yikes. nice!
Aug 13 12 02:34 pm  Link  Quote 
Model
J Jessica
Posts: 2,020
Palm Beach Gardens, Florida, US


Wilhelmina does.
Check their Facebook page. They mentioned plus size open calls a while ago.
Aug 13 12 02:39 pm  Link  Quote 
Model
sasweets
Posts: 404
Ottawa, Ontario, Canada


From what I've seen, agencies have been trying to get more plus sized models because the mass want someone that looks like them even though plus size models usually don't look like them. I think you should go to a few open calls because I can see you actually doing something plus it never hurts to try.
Aug 13 12 03:48 pm  Link  Quote 
Photographer
Shon D.- Femme
Posts: 24,369
Virginia Beach, Virginia, US


Autorene wrote:
Hello everyone!

I was lurking through IMG's website and I saw Tara Lynn on their board. I was surprised because I know IMG represents the top supermodels who are mainly a size 2-4 (just from my knowledge). I thought Tara was with Ford but she just resently switched to IMG. Even though Tara Lynn is a very seasoned model, I was just surprised she is now with IMG...

So just wondering, are there any other plus models or even models who are not typical straight size signed by IMG. Is it worth it for an aspiring plus size model like myself to attend an open call?

Thanks in advance.

I don't know the answer to your question, but holy crap, you are gorgeous.

Aug 14 12 10:34 am  Link  Quote 
Photographer
Dan K Photography
Posts: 5,409
STATEN ISLAND, New York, US


Autorene wrote:
Hello everyone!

I was lurking through IMG's website and I saw Tara Lynn on their board. I was surprised because I know IMG represents the top supermodels who are mainly a size 2-4 (just from my knowledge). I thought Tara was with Ford but she just resently switched to IMG. Even though Tara Lynn is a very seasoned model, I was just surprised she is now with IMG...

So just wondering, are there any other plus models or even models who are not typical straight size signed by IMG. Is it worth it for an aspiring plus size model like myself to attend an open call?

Thanks in advance.

Is your profile supposed to say you are male?

Aug 14 12 10:52 am  Link  Quote 
Model
Abigail Rose Hill
Posts: 538
Newcastle upon Tyne, England, United Kingdom


Visit them and find out if they rep plus size models that way.

Also worth going to visit Ford, who rep Crystal Renn and Candice Huffine amongst others. Maybe look at who reps the top plus size models?
Aug 14 12 11:35 am  Link  Quote 
Model
queenbofnyc
Posts: 14
New York, New York, US


Thanks for your replies everyone!

I'm still very new to MM, still trying to fix everything and get my profile together - I'm not a man! I'll change that right away...

In my regular/simple pics my skin isn't photoshopped, I do have good skin (I use cocoa butter religiously) but I think the camera I used made it look extra smooth lol. smile

I actually went to the Ford open call they had for plus size models back in May. After making me change my hairstyle about 3 times they decided to sign me but let me go because of scheduling. I worked a lot during that time. Ugh.. long story.

So I want to try again. I will definitely check of all the other agencies in NYC. I just recently took amazing test photos... should I bring those along with me or should I just give them regular digitals?

Thanks in advance and thanks for the kind words.
Aug 14 12 03:08 pm  Link  Quote 
Photographer
wiseleo
Posts: 1,686
Castro Valley, California, US


They signed you once, your scheduling changed and now you can handle regular work (right?), would it hurt to give your former booker a call to try again?

I am relaunching a business and made several calls to clients whose calls I failed to return 2 years ago. I got some of that business back.
Aug 15 12 08:51 am  Link  Quote 
guide forum
Model
Anna Adrielle
Posts: 18,762
Antwerp, Antwerp, Belgium


Autorene wrote:
Thanks for your replies everyone!

I'm still very new to MM, still trying to fix everything and get my profile together - I'm not a man! I'll change that right away...

In my regular/simple pics my skin isn't photoshopped, I do have good skin (I use cocoa butter religiously) but I think the camera I used made it look extra smooth lol. smile

I actually went to the Ford open call they had for plus size models back in May. After making me change my hairstyle about 3 times they decided to sign me but let me go because of scheduling. I worked a lot during that time. Ugh.. long story.

So I want to try again. I will definitely check of all the other agencies in NYC. I just recently took amazing test photos... should I bring those along with me or should I just give them regular digitals?

Thanks in advance and thanks for the kind words.

that ford was interested is a good sign. if it doesn't work out at IMG, definitely try ford again (and girl, FIX that schedule, this is ford we're talking about :p), and otherwise wilhelmina

I'm going to start using cacao butter now, if that's the trick :p.

Aug 15 12 10:10 am  Link  Quote 
Photographer
Studio MD - Casting
Posts: 1,207
New York, New York, US


,
Aug 15 12 10:19 am  Link  Quote 
Model
queenbofnyc
Posts: 14
New York, New York, US


Ford ended on a pretty bad note. I'm going to try other agencies first before I try them again. Actually, I think I'll try Ford in like 6 months or so when I'm more developed. At the time i didnt know what the heck I was doing (I think it kind of frustrated them).I know it's Ford and all but the time I was with them they never contacted me - no testing, no castings, nada.  sad

I really want to try IMG and Wilhelmina!

Thanks everyone!
Aug 15 12 10:50 am  Link  Quote 
Model
Abigail Rose Hill
Posts: 538
Newcastle upon Tyne, England, United Kingdom


Autorene wrote:
Ford ended on a pretty bad note. I'm going to try other agencies first before I try them again. Actually, I think I'll try Ford in like 6 months or so when I'm more developed. At the time i didnt know what the heck I was doing (I think it kind of frustrated them).I know it's Ford and all but the time I was with them they never contacted me - no testing, no castings, nada.  sad

I really want to try IMG and Wilhelmina!

Thanks everyone!

I found that - I first applied for my current agency (12+ UK in london) back in July 2011 and was told I wasn't right for what they were looking for at the time. Fastforward a few months and they sign me, and get me quite a lot of castings. It's not easy balancing modelling with another job (and very few of us are lucky to just throw our jobs straight away because we can afford to!) and a lot of the time i'm shelling out to travel to castings, but it's worth it in the long run and they've been a really helpful, supportive agency.

Keep a record of who you apply to and when, then reapply in cycles based on what you've done since and how it relates to feedback you got last time.

ETA: DAAAAAAMN i want your complexion! Renovating a house from top to toe is not doing mine any favours whatsoever with all the paint, plaster dust, ripping up carpets etc!

Aug 15 12 12:19 pm  Link  Quote 
Model
queenbofnyc
Posts: 14
New York, New York, US


Abi Hill wrote:

I found that - I first applied for my current agency (12+ UK in london) back in July 2011 and was told I wasn't right for what they were looking for at the time. Fastforward a few months and they sign me, and get me quite a lot of castings. It's not easy balancing modelling with another job (and very few of us are lucky to just throw our jobs straight away because we can afford to!) and a lot of the time i'm shelling out to travel to castings, but it's worth it in the long run and they've been a really helpful, supportive agency.

Keep a record of who you apply to and when, then reapply in cycles based on what you've done since and how it relates to feedback you got last time.

ETA: DAAAAAAMN i want your complexion! Renovating a house from top to toe is not doing mine any favours whatsoever with all the paint, plaster dust, ripping up carpets etc!

I will definitely keep tabs on who I've applied to. So far I sent an email to Heffner Management, Ben Barry Models, and IPM models. I got replies back asking about my location, if I'm already agency represented, if I have professional pictures, and just for more pics.... no replies back yet. *sigh*

How long should I wait to resubmit pictures to an agency?

Haha, it's really just cocoa butter! I'm sure once you're done with your home improvements and use some of that cocoa butter... your skin will bounce back!

Aug 16 12 02:54 pm  Link  Quote 
Artist/Painter
Paul Davison Art Studio
Posts: 113
New Orleans, Louisiana, US


I'm looking for full figured models for art,not too many on here.
Aug 16 12 05:35 pm  Link  Quote 
Model
Michelle Renee
Posts: 1,073
Los Angeles, California, US


Try Click NY and Muse as well. and Dorothy Combs, Miami.
Aug 16 12 06:52 pm  Link  Quote 
Model
queenbofnyc
Posts: 14
New York, New York, US


Michelle Renee  wrote:
Try Click NY and Muse as well. and Dorothy Combs, Miami.

I've added them to my list. Thanks Michelle.

Also, is it worth pursuing an agency that I'm not near?

Aug 17 12 02:38 pm  Link  Quote 
Photographer
DAVfoto
Posts: 2,324
New York, New York, US


Autorene wrote:

I've added them to my list. Thanks Michelle.

Also, is it worth pursuing an agency that I'm not near?

I'd stick to NY, plenty of agencies here that will work with plus

Aug 19 12 08:26 am  Link  Quote 
Model
Abigail Rose Hill
Posts: 538
Newcastle upon Tyne, England, United Kingdom


Autorene wrote:

I've added them to my list. Thanks Michelle.

Also, is it worth pursuing an agency that I'm not near?

You're in a major market, so i'd only consider outside agencies if ones in NYC tell you your look is better suited to another area.

Aug 19 12 02:00 pm  Link  Quote 
Model
TiffanyL
Posts: 107
Washington, District of Columbia, US


This has been a great read!
Sep 25 12 09:22 pm  Link  Quote 
Photographer
291
Posts: 11,911
SEQUOIA NATIONAL PARK, California, US


Autorene wrote:
Does IMG now represent plus size models?

img represents those who they feel will make them money.  that's it.  no other qualification other than that.

Sep 25 12 09:26 pm  Link  Quote 
Model
Real Sparkle
Posts: 10
Los Angeles, California, US


291 wrote:

img represents those who they feel will make them money.  that's it.  no other qualification other than that.

Sep 27 12 01:59 pm  Link  Quote 
Model
Real Sparkle
Posts: 10
Los Angeles, California, US


I do like your comment , but a lot of folks in these forums are insecure , some of them are unprofessional, I've turn jobs down many years because they are negative and and their energy is negative, The plus generation is a more reality in this county that folks have a need to be large in frame, and when we are discriminated we down have to but=y into your products nor give into your commercials, simple boycott fashions on the market that does that. acting does not discriminate just the folks it's self does and that's why films fells ,get in the threatre.


From real singer sparkle
Sep 27 12 02:09 pm  Link  Quote 
Model
Real Sparkle
Posts: 10
Los Angeles, California, US


Autorene wrote:
Hello everyone!

I was lurking through IMG's website and I saw Tara Lynn on their board. I was surprised because I know IMG represents the top supermodels who are mainly a size 2-4 (just from my knowledge). I thought Tara was with Ford but she just resently switched to IMG. Even though Tara Lynn is a very seasoned model, I was just surprised she is now with IMG...

So just wondering, are there any other plus models or even models who are not typical straight size signed by IMG. Is it worth it for an aspiring plus size model like myself to attend an open call?

Thanks in advance.

Sep 27 12 02:09 pm  Link  Quote 
Model
Real Sparkle
Posts: 10
Los Angeles, California, US


Autorene wrote:
Hello everyone!

I was lurking through IMG's website and I saw Tara Lynn on their board. I was surprised because I know IMG represents the top supermodels who are mainly a size 2-4 (just from my knowledge). I thought Tara was with Ford but she just resently switched to IMG. Even though Tara Lynn is a very seasoned model, I was just surprised she is now with IMG...

So just wondering, are there any other plus models or even models who are not typical straight size signed by IMG. Is it worth it for an aspiring plus size model like myself to attend an open call?

Thanks in advance.

Sep 27 12 02:09 pm  Link  Quote 
Model
Real Sparkle
Posts: 10
Los Angeles, California, US


don't let them fool you, they want to be that way , i've know them !
Sep 27 12 02:10 pm  Link  Quote 
Model
Real Sparkle
Posts: 10
Los Angeles, California, US


sasweets wrote:
From what I've seen, agencies have been trying to get more plus sized models because the mass want someone that looks like them even though plus size models usually don't look like them. I think you should go to a few open calls because I can see you actually doing something plus it never hurts to try.

Sep 27 12 02:30 pm  Link  Quote 
Model
Real Sparkle
Posts: 10
Los Angeles, California, US


If we get the negative energy of offended folks out of hollywood and put folks who reqally loves fun and adventure and making money while they are doing so, and those who want to do the work and get paid for doing, the main problem that some of these companies are cheap, they make Millions of Dollars and they don't want to get to pay their clients any money for doing projects, i've used to be in major Unions but they boycott televisions shows for all the wrong reasons because they are prejudice and they want to control others by giving us more jobs but don't support a certain television show all because they were prejudice in the first place, there are all sorts of prejudices , theirs not just for plus size modeling, some folks are in it for the sex and they are really causing all sorts of sexual contents that most companies and businesses does not buy into stuff . Most of these websites are blocked in the work force resource places , because they are too many sexual contents of modeling and when I talk about Modeling for the past 20 years it is Label negative and most us Citizens thinks it most a fraud , and they been trying to talk me out of it for years, like Video Vixens ,has a Bad reputation . we have not been to the point of we should have a need to Boycott p0roducts for this, Obese citizens buys the most foods in fast foods and they buy more cars and where extra clothing so why do they discriminate against a realistic society . the height thing was argue at the piont where homosexuals wanted to be in the business in1910 and the height thing was never a problem , there were no complaints about the women looking lesser beatiful it was all because of the jealousy of of others that effected our positive business. My family created they business in 1900's  Arch "Fatty" Buckle Conkling 1900's.

we need a solution to stop the hate towards real women of age , size and Height and originality , that was the plague right there and it's been nothing but confusion ever sinced please ,go read " Janet Langhart Cohen Biography" Secretary Of Defense " Book.
She was the first Black Model, but in reality she wasn't some women past for white and they gotten by in my family, I've won't reveal their names because they have died and many of them was in the Media as famous white Actresses , they were very fair Skinned and passed . Thanks for understanding the history and what had caused all this mess,
Sep 27 12 02:50 pm  Link  Quote 
Model
Julia Francesca
Posts: 2,357
Maumee, Ohio, US


Real Sparkle wrote:
If we get the negative energy of offended folks out of hollywood and put folks who reqally loves fun and adventure and making money while they are doing so, and those who want to do the work and get paid for doing, the main problem that some of these companies are cheap, they make Millions of Dollars and they don't want to get to pay their clients any money for doing projects, i've used to be in major Unions but they boycott televisions shows for all the wrong reasons because they are prejudice and they want to control others by giving us more jobs but don't support a certain television show all because they were prejudice in the first place, there are all sorts of prejudices , theirs not just for plus size modeling, some folks are in it for the sex and they are really causing all sorts of sexual contents that most companies and businesses does not buy into stuff . Most of these websites are blocked in the work force resource places , because they are too many sexual contents of modeling and when I talk about Modeling for the past 20 years it is Label negative and most us Citizens thinks it most a fraud , and they been trying to talk me out of it for years, like Video Vixens ,has a Bad reputation . we have not been to the point of we should have a need to Boycott p0roducts for this, Obese citizens buys the most foods in fast foods and they buy more cars and where extra clothing so why do they discriminate against a realistic society . the height thing was argue at the piont where homosexuals wanted to be in the business in1910 and the height thing was never a problem , there were no complaints about the women looking lesser beatiful it was all because of the jealousy of of others that effected our positive business. My family created they business in 1900's  Arch "Fatty" Buckle Conkling 1900's.

we need a solution to stop the hate towards real women of age , size and Height and originality , that was the plague right there and it's been nothing but confusion ever sinced please ,go read " Janet Langhart Cohen Biography" Secretary Of Defense " Book.
She was the first Black Model, but in reality she wasn't some women past for white and they gotten by in my family, I've won't reveal their names because they have died and many of them was in the Media as famous white Actresses , they were very fair Skinned and passed . Thanks for understanding the history and what had caused all this mess,

yep you nailed it

Sep 27 12 03:15 pm  Link  Quote 
guide forum
Model
Anna Adrielle
Posts: 18,762
Antwerp, Antwerp, Belgium


Real Sparkle wrote:
If we get the negative energy of offended folks out of hollywood and put folks who reqally loves fun and adventure and making money while they are doing so, and those who want to do the work and get paid for doing, the main problem that some of these companies are cheap, they make Millions of Dollars and they don't want to get to pay their clients any money for doing projects, i've used to be in major Unions but they boycott televisions shows for all the wrong reasons because they are prejudice and they want to control others by giving us more jobs but don't support a certain television show all because they were prejudice in the first place, there are all sorts of prejudices , theirs not just for plus size modeling, some folks are in it for the sex and they are really causing all sorts of sexual contents that most companies and businesses does not buy into stuff . Most of these websites are blocked in the work force resource places , because they are too many sexual contents of modeling and when I talk about Modeling for the past 20 years it is Label negative and most us Citizens thinks it most a fraud , and they been trying to talk me out of it for years, like Video Vixens ,has a Bad reputation . we have not been to the point of we should have a need to Boycott p0roducts for this, Obese citizens buys the most foods in fast foods and they buy more cars and where extra clothing so why do they discriminate against a realistic society . the height thing was argue at the piont where homosexuals wanted to be in the business in1910 and the height thing was never a problem , there were no complaints about the women looking lesser beatiful it was all because of the jealousy of of others that effected our positive business. My family created they business in 1900's  Arch "Fatty" Buckle Conkling 1900's.

we need a solution to stop the hate towards real women of age , size and Height and originality , that was the plague right there and it's been nothing but confusion ever sinced please ,go read " Janet Langhart Cohen Biography" Secretary Of Defense " Book.
She was the first Black Model, but in reality she wasn't some women past for white and they gotten by in my family, I've won't reveal their names because they have died and many of them was in the Media as famous white Actresses , they were very fair Skinned and passed . Thanks for understanding the history and what had caused all this mess,

yeah sure, thanks for that

Sep 28 12 03:18 am  Link  Quote 
  Search   Reply



main | browse | casting/travel | forums | shout box | help | advertising | contests | share | join the mayhem

more modelmayhem on: | | | edu

©2006-2014 ModelMayhem.com. All Rights Reserved.
MODEL MAYHEM is a registered trademark.
Toggle Worksafe Mode: Off | On
Terms | Privacy | Careers