login info join!
Forums > Off-Topic Discussion > What Makes a Girl do Porn? Search   Reply
first12345last
Photographer
TRPn Pics
Posts: 10,431
Andrews, North Carolina, US


What Makes a Girl do Porn?

Makes? neutral  How about they choose to. Unless you think they don't have a choice in the matter.
Sep 25 12 10:43 am  Link  Quote 
Photographer
Good Egg Productions
Posts: 14,699
Orlando, Florida, US


Lisa Andresen wrote:
95% of sex industry workers have been sexually abused as well as low self esteem.

The actress in the video explained that she was brought up in a very strict Christian home.

Working in the adult film industry was a form of her rebellion and rejection of that.




huh.

Sep 25 12 10:46 am  Link  Quote 
Model
modeled
Posts: 9,334
San Diego, California, US


Dekilah wrote:
The interviewer came across as creepy. tongue

True...and yet he's managed to interview lots of pornstars:

http://www.youtube.com/user/billywatson3

Sep 25 12 10:50 am  Link  Quote 
Model
modeled
Posts: 9,334
San Diego, California, US


TRPn Pics wrote:
What Makes a Girl do Porn?

Makes? neutral  How about they choose to. Unless you think they don't have a choice in the matter.

I think the word "makes" was used for simplicity reasons to the target market of who would care to watch this video.

"Contributes" would probably be a more precise word/meaning.

Sep 25 12 10:52 am  Link  Quote 
Model
Lisa Andresen
Posts: 8,664
Peoria, Illinois, US


This is the real truth about porn...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jRZZAuPy … re=related
Sep 25 12 10:53 am  Link  Quote 
Model
Lisa Andresen
Posts: 8,664
Peoria, Illinois, US


-Ira wrote:
I poled several women in the industry and did not come up with the same conclusion.


Edit:  To answer the OP's question:  Money.

How many of those women are scared and damaged by porn? Sorry but I don't take their answers seriously until they are outside of the industry. Because the reality is most of these women don't make any money. The producers and the pimps are the ones making the money.

Sep 25 12 10:55 am  Link  Quote 
Model
Bella la Bell
Posts: 4,451
Kansas City, Missouri, US


Digital Photo PLUS wrote:

Technical job requiring high skill level, experience, with some managerial responsibilities will put you about half-way the successful porn girl range. In a big city.

Did you think about education level and the abilities to do that particular job. I'm sorry but not everyone will be making that much even with a degree from university.


I believe in doing a job you like. If she likes being a porn star so be it.
If a teacher likes to teach so be it.
If a dump truck guy likes to dump trash so be it.
If a model wants to pose nude so be it.

I don't see why people bash eachother's job choices.

Sep 25 12 10:58 am  Link  Quote 
Photographer
Eastfist
Posts: 3,461
Green Bay, Wisconsin, US


Girls do porn (in America) because it's cool.  I'm saying this in a very matter of fact way, not even joking.
Sep 25 12 10:59 am  Link  Quote 
Model
-Jen-
Posts: 46,795
Howell, Michigan, US


Lisa Andresen wrote:

How many of those women are scared and damaged by porn? Sorry but I don't take their answers seriously until they are outside of the industry. Because the reality is most of these women don't make any money. The producers and the pimps are the ones making the money.

How would you know?
Oh wait...did you go to church and found out that way? 

Women who get into porn do it because they want to.  Nobody made them do it.  If they want out, they get out. 
You really don't know what you are talking about, obviously.

Sep 25 12 11:01 am  Link  Quote 
Photographer
Christopher Hartman
Posts: 53,235
Buena Park, California, US


udor wrote:

Lisa Andresen wrote:
95% of sex industry workers have been sexually abused as well as low self esteem.

They get the numbers from their pastor, who tells them that sex/porn is bad, but usually have their own extensive porn collection in the basement, or on their computer... for   r e s e a r c h . . .  big_smile

know thy enemy...intimately.

Sep 25 12 11:01 am  Link  Quote 
Model
Phane
Posts: 1,959
Rockville, Maryland, US


-Jen- wrote:

How would you know?
Oh wait...did you go to church and found out that way? 

Women who get into porn do it because they want to.  Nobody made them do it.  If they want out, they get out. 
You really don't know what you are talking about, obviously.

Agree!

Sep 25 12 11:02 am  Link  Quote 
Photographer
Damon Banner
Posts: 85,065
Hayward, California, US


Lisa Andresen wrote:
This is the real truth about porn...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jRZZAuPy … re=related

They only speak for themselves, making that the "real truth" for them. 

Have you ever done porn?  Or have you ever talked to anyone involved in porn?

Sep 25 12 11:02 am  Link  Quote 
Model
Miss AY
Posts: 8,164
Portland, Maine, US


Lisa Andresen wrote:

How many of those women are scared and damaged by porn? Sorry but I don't take their answers seriously until they are outside of the industry. Because the reality is most of these women don't make any money. The producers and the pimps are the ones making the money.

Your ignorance would be adorable if it weren't so ridiculous.

Sep 25 12 11:02 am  Link  Quote 
Photographer
Damon Banner
Posts: 85,065
Hayward, California, US


Lisa Andresen wrote:
How many of those women are scared and damaged by porn? Sorry but I don't take their answers seriously until they are outside of the industry. Because the reality is most of these women don't make any money. The producers and the pimps are the ones making the money.

So you don't take them seriously until they turn their back on it?  Funny, I would have never guessed that!

You seem to have a low opinion of the beliefs of other, grown, adult women!

Sep 25 12 11:03 am  Link  Quote 
Model
Lisa Andresen
Posts: 8,664
Peoria, Illinois, US


-Jen- wrote:
How would you know?
Oh wait...did you go to church and found out that way? 

Women who get into porn do it because they want to.  Nobody made them do it.  If they want out, they get out. 
You really don't know what you are talking about, obviously.

They make the choice to get into porn this is true but the reality is most don't realize what they are getting into. And they are lied to by agents and producers. They think it is going to be this amazing glamorous lifestyle were they call the shots and it's not. I know because I have looked up the statistics I have watched videos and interviews from girls who use to do porn and have heard the reality of what really goes on behind the scenes. Don't you find it odd that the porn industry targets run away girls who come from broken homes and abuse? It is because they are the easiest to manipulate and lie to.

Sep 25 12 11:07 am  Link  Quote 
Photographer
Damon Banner
Posts: 85,065
Hayward, California, US


TRPn Pics wrote:
Makes? neutral  How about they choose to.

No way.  They are being manipulated by pimps who are taking advantage of these girls ignorance!  Once they break free of these pimps, they will obviously denounce their former ways.

Sep 25 12 11:08 am  Link  Quote 
Model
Lisa Andresen
Posts: 8,664
Peoria, Illinois, US


Damon Banner wrote:

So you don't take them seriously until they turn their back on it?  Funny, I would have never guessed that!

You seem to have a low opinion of the beliefs of other, grown, adult women!

Did you watch the video I posted or any about women who once worked in porn for that matter? Cause they all say the same thing the sets are disgusting, condoms are not worn, they are forced to do things against their will, and they make little money compared to what they are promised.

Sep 25 12 11:09 am  Link  Quote 
Model
Phane
Posts: 1,959
Rockville, Maryland, US


Lisa Andresen wrote:
They make the choice to get into porn this is true but the reality is most don't realize what they are getting into. And they are lied to by agents and producers. They think it is going to be this amazing glamorous lifestyle were they call the shots and it's not. I know because I have looked up the statistics I have watched videos and interviews from girls who use to do porn and have heard the reality of what really goes on behind the scenes. Don't you find it odd that the porn industry targets run away girls who come from broken homes and abuse? It is because they are the easiest to manipulate and lie to.

Am sorry but this is Bullshit. Look up Sasha Grey who clearly understood what she was going into before she decided to do Porn. not every Porn actress is a victim or ignorant about what there getting into I hate ignorant Assumptions

Sep 25 12 11:09 am  Link  Quote 
Photographer
Damon Banner
Posts: 85,065
Hayward, California, US


Lisa Andresen wrote:

They make the choice to get into porn this is true but the reality is most don't realize what they are getting into.

You know this, how?  have you been involved in the industry?

And they are lied to by agents and producers.

You know this, how?

They think it is going to be this amazing glamorous lifestyle were they call the shots and it's not. I know because I have looked up the statistics I have watched videos and interviews from girls who use to do porn and have heard the reality of what really goes on behind the scenes.

There are statistics about this?  Show them to me! 

Don't you find it odd that the porn industry targets run away girls who come from broken homes and abuse?

You really do need to get out more.

Sep 25 12 11:10 am  Link  Quote 
Photographer
aspergianLens
Posts: 1,395
San Francisco, California, US


Lisa Andresen wrote:
This is the real truth about porn...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jRZZAuPy … re=related

The Pink Cross? How cute.  I see that it's a Christian site.

What these people are doing is replacing one (possible) addiction with another.  You seem blissfully unware of all this, however.

Sep 25 12 11:11 am  Link  Quote 
Photographer
Compass Rose Studios
Posts: 15,921
Portland, Oregon, US


Lisa Andresen wrote:
Sorry but I don't take their answers seriously until they are outside of the industry. Because the reality is most of these women don't make any money.

They made money but the contrite ones end up broke because they get out of the industry and end up blowing it all on bibles and cookies for church socials.

It's sad watching them ruin their lives like that.

Sep 25 12 11:11 am  Link  Quote 
Model
Lisa Andresen
Posts: 8,664
Peoria, Illinois, US


aspergianLens wrote:

The Pink Cross? How cute.  I see that it's a Christian site.

What these people are doing is replacing one (possible) addiction with another.  You seem blissfully unware of all this, however.

They may be a Christian organization but they are the largest group of ex porn industry workers that are fighting against porn. And if anyone has a right to speak out on the truth of porn and tell people what really happens it is these women.

Sep 25 12 11:12 am  Link  Quote 
Photographer
Artifice
Posts: 30,948
Los Angeles, California, US


TRPn Pics wrote:
What Makes a Girl do Porn?

Makes? neutral  How about they choose to. Unless you think they don't have a choice in the matter.

What makes you say that?

big_smile

Sep 25 12 11:13 am  Link  Quote 
Photographer
Robert Lynch
Posts: 2,481
Bowie, Maryland, US


Lisa Andresen wrote:
Did you watch the video I posted or any about women who once worked in porn for that matter? Cause they all say the same thing the sets are disgusting, condoms are not worn, they are forced to do things against their will, and they make little money compared to what they are promised.

Unfortunately, you have just described a lot of jobs.  It appears that porn isn't really all that different.

Sep 25 12 11:13 am  Link  Quote 
Photographer
Damon Banner
Posts: 85,065
Hayward, California, US


Lisa Andresen wrote:

Did you watch the video I posted or any about women who once worked in porn for that matter?

As I stated, I am already aware of the women in the video. 

Beyond that, I know girls who have been involved in the industry.  Have you known any, personally? 


Cause they all say the same thing the sets are disgusting,

They do?  How many have you spoken to personally? 

condoms are not worn,

Plenty of sets are condom sets, so again, you are speaking about something you don't understand.   Yes, there are some sets that are no condom sets, you don't want to work w/o a condom, don't book w/ those companies.  Easy.


they are forced to do things against their will,

That is called rape. 
Again, have you talked to anyone in the industry to confirm the things you are talking about?

and they make little money compared to what they are promised.

When you agree to do a scene, you are quoted a rate up front.  You are then paid that amount.

Sep 25 12 11:14 am  Link  Quote 
Photographer
Good Egg Productions
Posts: 14,699
Orlando, Florida, US


Lisa Andresen wrote:
This is the real truth about porn...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jRZZAuPy … re=related

That's a funny video.

And I'm sure it's unbiased and tells the fair story of porn.  Her worst experience in porn basically came down to do it (something you've said you didn't want to do) or don't get paid.  And she chose to get paid.  It still came down to her choice.  Sure, she was coerced and intimidated, but it was STILL her choice.

The video is of two former adult actresses that I've never heard of who are campaigning against porn. 

Sooo... I'm sure that much of what they're saying is a version of truth.  But it would be like drywallers talking about how dirty and dusty and gross their work environment is.  Well, duh.


I understand what these women are trying to do, but I just don't see it helping.  They keep talking about rape on camera.  Why don't we hear more about rape charges being brought up against pornographers or other adult film actors?


It keeps coming down to they want to get paid, so they'll do whatever it takes to get it.  They are disgusted with themselves for ever being in that situation and they direct it back at the industry in which THEY chose to work.

I recommend watching this video.  I promise it won't change your opinion, no matter what side of the fence you stand on.

Sep 25 12 11:15 am  Link  Quote 
Model
modeled
Posts: 9,334
San Diego, California, US


Phane wrote:
Am sorry but this is Bullshit. Look up Sasha Grey who clearly understood what she was going into before she decided to do Porn. not every Porn actress is a victim or ignorant about what there getting into I hate ignorant Assumptions

The video Lisa posted actually discusses pornstars such as "sasha grey" being the faces of the industry and are considered "contract girls" but that the majority of the females in porn are part of a revolving door, are essentially used and abused and then kicked to the curb.   They are ignorant, taken advantage of and absolutely not good at decision making or they wouldn't have put themselves in that position to begin with.  I agree with aspects of Lisa's video and I agree with several comments that it was their decision.  The reality is like most things in life (pardon the pun) gray.

Sep 25 12 11:15 am  Link  Quote 
Photographer
Damon Banner
Posts: 85,065
Hayward, California, US


Lisa Andresen wrote:

They may be a Christian organization but they are the largest group of ex porn industry workers that are fighting against porn. And if anyone has a right to speak out on the truth of porn and tell people what really happens it is these women.

Why don't the women who are still involved in it and/or were involved in it but aren't angry at it, have the right to speak?

Sep 25 12 11:17 am  Link  Quote 
Photographer
aspergianLens
Posts: 1,395
San Francisco, California, US


Lisa Andresen wrote:

They may be a Christian organization but they are the largest group of ex porn industry workers that are fighting against porn. And if anyone has a right to speak out on the truth of porn and tell people what really happens it is these women.

Sadly, you are infected with a mind virus and you're too far gone to be of relevance on these forums.  It's difficult for me to see, that you don't understand what you really are.  Fundamentalist Christianity is a viral disease, that propagates through children, is spread along family lines, and is extremely virulent.

But you're blissfully unaware of all this, of course.

Sep 25 12 11:21 am  Link  Quote 
Model
Lisa Andresen
Posts: 8,664
Peoria, Illinois, US


Phane wrote:

Am sorry but this is Bullshit. Look up Sasha Grey who clearly understood what she was going into before she decided to do Porn. not every Porn actress is a victim or ignorant about what there getting into I hate ignorant Assumptions

Yes not every single one there are contract girls but how many are contract girls vs. the young ones who have no idea what they are getting into?

Out of the thousands of girls who try to enter the porn industry every year not even half will make enough money to make an actual career out of it.

Sep 25 12 11:21 am  Link  Quote 
Model
Jordan Bunniie
Posts: 1,587
Los Angeles, California, US


Lisa Andresen wrote:

How many of those women are scared and damaged by porn? Sorry but I don't take their answers seriously until they are outside of the industry. Because the reality is most of these women don't make any money. The producers and the pimps are the ones making the money.

Tell that to my friends who do porn and uh.. they've got $$$$.

Sep 25 12 11:21 am  Link  Quote 
Model
Lisa Andresen
Posts: 8,664
Peoria, Illinois, US


aspergianLens wrote:
Sadly, you are infected with a mind virus and you're too far gone to be of relevance on these forums.  It's difficult for me to see, that you don't understand what you really are.  Fundamentalist Christianity is a viral disease, that propagates through children, is spread along family lines, and is extremely virulent.

But you're blissfully unaware of all this, of course.

Right cause they are just lying they made it all up none of that stuff ever happens...porn stars are treated like princesses every day of their working life.

Sep 25 12 11:22 am  Link  Quote 
Model
Phane
Posts: 1,959
Rockville, Maryland, US


modeled wrote:

The video Lisa posted actually discusses pornstars such as "sasha grey" being the faces of the industry and are considered "contract girls" but that the majority of the females in porn are part of a revolving door, are essentially used and abused and then kicked to the curb.   They are ignorant, taken advantage of and absolutely not good at decision making or they wouldn't have put themselves in that position to begin with.  I agree with aspects of Lisa's video and I agree with several comments that it was their decision.  The reality is like most things in life (pardon the pun) gray.

I can understand the viewpoint that many maybe abused but to sate that all are is Ignorant. I have seen interviews of Sasha talking about where she stands on Porn and she has clarified that she researched being in the industry before she launched her career

Sep 25 12 11:22 am  Link  Quote 
Photographer
aspergianLens
Posts: 1,395
San Francisco, California, US


Lisa Andresen wrote:

Right cause they are just lying they made it all up none of that stuff ever happens...

I didn't make that statement.  I'm just saying you're being influenced.  You should perhaps listen to those who are more attuned to Order.

Sep 25 12 11:23 am  Link  Quote 
Model
Phane
Posts: 1,959
Rockville, Maryland, US


Lisa Andresen wrote:
Yes not every single one there are contract girls but how many are contract girls vs. the young ones who have no idea what they are getting into?

Out of the thousands of girls who try to enter the porn industry every year not even half will make enough money to make an actual career out of it.

And hopefully you can be there to help them find some form of happiness.

Sep 25 12 11:24 am  Link  Quote 
Model
modeled
Posts: 9,334
San Diego, California, US


Wow, and actually the male pornstar that the female talks about "Max Hardcore" from the pink cross video gives an interview essentially confirming most of what the Pink Cross women are saying:

relevant:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=He7sBq5ScIk
Sep 25 12 11:24 am  Link  Quote 
Photographer
Good Egg Productions
Posts: 14,699
Orlando, Florida, US


modeled wrote:

The video Lisa posted actually discusses pornstars such as "sasha grey" being the faces of the industry and are considered "contract girls" but that the majority of the females in porn are part of a revolving door, are essentially used and abused and then kicked to the curb.   They are ignorant, taken advantage of and absolutely not good at decision making or they wouldn't have put themselves in that position to begin with.  I agree with aspects of Lisa's video and I agree with several comments that it was their decision.  The reality is like most things in life (pardon the pun) gray.

That's not so different from Hooters or Wing House.  There are a few waitresses there who make good money, do little work, and have figured out how to work the system.  And then there's hundreds of girls who REALLY want to work at these places, but last about 5 days when they realize how hard the work is and can't handle the day to day objectification.

I look at porn actresses as stunt women.  Then shut off their brains, disconnect, their bodies take the abuse, they get paid and they go to their next scene.  They're actual actresses because they really ACT through their scenes as if they're enjoying it.

But whatever. This argument will go for 6 pages until it's locked because it will devolve and get derailed with personal attacks.

Sep 25 12 11:25 am  Link  Quote 
Model
Phane
Posts: 1,959
Rockville, Maryland, US


Good Egg Productions wrote:

That's not so different from Hooters or Wing House.  There are a few waitresses there who make good money, do little work, and have figured out how to work the system.  And then there's hundreds of girls who REALLY want to work at these places, but last about 5 days when they realize how hard the work is and can't handle the day to day objectification.

I look at porn actresses as stunt women.  Then shut off their brains, disconnect, their bodies take the abuse, they get paid and they go to their next scene.  They're actual actresses because they really ACT through their scenes as if they're enjoying it.

But whatever. This argument will go for 6 pages until it's locked because it will devolve and get derailed with personal attacks.

Its great to sit back and watch when your at work. smile

Sep 25 12 11:26 am  Link  Quote 
Photographer
Damon Banner
Posts: 85,065
Hayward, California, US


A woman can't be a career porn star!  Eventually, you  transition into

1.  regular jobs.  education paid for by porn money.
2.  regular jobs.  all that porn money blown
3.  directing/casting/etc porn.
4.  If you made enough and invested, retire.
Sep 25 12 11:27 am  Link  Quote 
Model
Livane
Posts: 6,334
Glasgow, Scotland, United Kingdom


Lisa Andresen wrote:
They make the choice to get into porn this is true but the reality is most don't realize what they are getting into. And they are lied to by agents and producers. They think it is going to be this amazing glamorous lifestyle were they call the shots and it's not. I know because I have looked up the statistics I have watched videos and interviews from girls who use to do porn and have heard the reality of what really goes on behind the scenes. Don't you find it odd that the porn industry targets run away girls who come from broken homes and abuse? It is because they are the easiest to manipulate and lie to.

Some might be in this situation, but not all. Many girls in porn really do just enjoy sex in a variety of forms and that's made all the better by getting paid a lot of money for it. It's naive to see them all as 'on the wrong  path' or whatever.

Again, some may be getting manipulated, but from those I've met, you couldn't manipulate them if you hired a hypnotist to make them puppets for Evil Overlords. They weren't targeted, they targeted the industry and they make some bloody good businesswomen, incredibly savvy. ^_^

Sep 25 12 11:28 am  Link  Quote 
first12345last   Search   Reply



main | browse | casting/travel | forums | shout box | help | advertising | contests | share | join the mayhem

more modelmayhem on: | | | edu

©2006-2014 ModelMayhem.com. All Rights Reserved.
MODEL MAYHEM is a registered trademark.
Toggle Worksafe Mode: Off | On
Terms | Privacy | Careers