login info join!
Forums > Off-Topic Discussion > What Makes a Girl do Porn? Search   Reply
first12345last
Model
Laura UnBound
Posts: 26,747
Toronto, Ontario, Canada


Lisa Andresen wrote:
Right cause they are just lying they made it all up none of that stuff ever happens...porn stars are treated like princesses every day of their working life.

Nobody is disputing that those things EVER happen, Im sure some girl somewhere in the world got into porn because she was "damaged", and she got into it with the wrong people who fucked her over and she didnt make the money she was supposed to and did things she didnt want to...and im sure shes very upset about it.

But she is not the majority like you claim. If the only women you'll listen to are the ones who hate the porn industry, then yes, the majority of the stories you hear will be bad ones. Youre only listening to biased sources lisa. Those aren't "facts" youre getting. 95% of women who hate porn hate porn, well yes, of course! Try talking to a woman who likes her job in the porn industry. Here, I'll help you. Read Stoyas latest post : http://stoya.tumblr.com She doesnt sound very angry or damaged or shorted on her money

Sep 25 12 11:29 am  Link  Quote 
Model
Alabaster Crowley
Posts: 4,622
Tucson, Arizona, US


Digital Photo PLUS wrote:

Is that all? You can make that much holding a regular job.

Lol.

Back this up, please.

Sep 25 12 11:30 am  Link  Quote 
Photographer
S W I N S K E Y
Posts: 24,309
Saint Petersburg, Florida, US


Lisa Andresen wrote:
Out of the thousands of girls who try to enter the porn industry every year not even half will make enough money to make an actual career out of it.

so the odds are way better then modeling...

http://i.imgur.com/m8TQi.png

Sep 25 12 11:31 am  Link  Quote 
Model
Livane
Posts: 6,334
Glasgow, Scotland, United Kingdom


S W I N S K E Y wrote:

so the odds are way better then modeling...

Oh.. I see what you did there..... Touche'...

Sep 25 12 11:32 am  Link  Quote 
Model
Alabaster Crowley
Posts: 4,622
Tucson, Arizona, US


Laura UnBound wrote:
Try talking to a woman who likes her job in the porn industry. Here, I'll help you. Read Stoyas latest post : http://stoya.tumblr.com She doesnt sound very angry or damaged or shorted on her money

Check out Joanna Angel of Burning Angel, too. She created the website because she wanted to, loves what she does, and still runs it and makes every decision about what happens on it today.

Sep 25 12 11:34 am  Link  Quote 
Model
Laura UnBound
Posts: 26,747
Toronto, Ontario, Canada


Digital Photo PLUS wrote:

Is that all? You can make that much holding a regular job.

A regular job that first requires schooling on your own dime, then training/prior experience youre expected to have, they pick your days/hours for you, you have no say in who your coworkers are, youre probably not having a lot of fun in your stuffy cubicle...


The only advantage I see is IF you get benefits, which can take many "regular jobs"anywhere between months and years to pay out.

Sep 25 12 11:36 am  Link  Quote 
Photographer
Good Egg Productions
Posts: 14,709
Orlando, Florida, US


Laura UnBound wrote:
A regular job that first requires schooling on your own dime, then training/prior experience youre expected to have, they pick your days/hours for you, you have no say in who your coworkers are, youre probably not having a lot of fun in your stuffy cubicle...


The only advantage I see is IF you get benefits, which can take many "regular jobs"anywhere between months and years to pay out.

Don't forget that you often have to provide hundreds to several thousands of dollars of wardrobe for "regular jobs".  While modeling often requests that you make the same investment, porn almost never does.

big_smile

Sep 25 12 11:38 am  Link  Quote 
Photographer
Damon Banner
Posts: 85,066
Hayward, California, US


Laura UnBound wrote:

Nobody is disputing that those things EVER happen, Im sure some girl somewhere in the world got into porn because she was "damaged", and she got into it with the wrong people who fucked her over and she didnt make the money she was supposed to and did things she didnt want to...and im sure shes very upset about it.

But she is not the majority like you claim. If the only women you'll listen to are the ones who hate the porn industry, then yes, the majority of the stories you hear will be bad ones. Youre only listening to biased sources lisa. Those aren't "facts" youre getting. 95% of women who hate porn hate porn, well yes, of course! Try talking to a woman who likes her job in the porn industry. Here, I'll help you. Read Stoyas latest post : http://stoya.tumblr.com She doesnt sound very angry or damaged or shorted on her money

Mika Tan is also a good person to talk to.  She doesn't shoot much anymore, but is very intelligent and well spoken.  Has more education than most of us. 

But I don't think they count since they aren't angry and anti-porn now. 

Penny Flame is also a good one.  No longer in the business.

Sep 25 12 11:39 am  Link  Quote 
Photographer
Damon Banner
Posts: 85,066
Hayward, California, US


Alabaster Crowley wrote:

Check out Joanna Angel of Burning Angel, too. She created the website because she wanted to, loves what she does, and still runs it and makes every decision about what happens on it today.

And pays her employees well.

Sep 25 12 11:39 am  Link  Quote 
Model
Alabaster Crowley
Posts: 4,622
Tucson, Arizona, US


Damon Banner wrote:
Penny Flame is also a good one.  No longer in the business.

Careful with that one. She was on VH1's "Sex Rehab" with Dr. Drew. That paints her as less than mentally healthy and happy.

Sep 25 12 11:47 am  Link  Quote 
Model
Laura UnBound
Posts: 26,747
Toronto, Ontario, Canada


Good Egg Productions wrote:
Don't forget that you often have to provide hundreds to several thousands of dollars of wardrobe for "regular jobs".  While llamaing often requests that you make the same investment, porn almost never does.

big_smile

My second job I had to be "business presentable". I was fucking 17 and just quit my job at PacSun (the surf/skateboard attire store). I spent my whole last paycheck just buying nice slacks, tops, and suits for my new job. I had the same rotation of like..5 pieces of clothing that I wore every week, occasionally stealing something new from my sister if it fit. It was ridiculous to maintain that wardrobe.  I dont see myself having another job that requires that type of dress for quite a while, I have a whole box of clothes worth a few hundred dollars going to waste somewhere.

Sep 25 12 11:59 am  Link  Quote 
Model
Laura UnBound
Posts: 26,747
Toronto, Ontario, Canada


Alabaster Crowley wrote:

Careful with that one. She was on VH1's "Sex Rehab" with Dr. Drew. That paints her as less than mentally healthy and happy.

Anyone who would agree to speak to Dr. Drew for any purpose other than to tell him hes a raging twat is obviously damaged.

Sep 25 12 12:00 pm  Link  Quote 
Photographer
Digital Photo PLUS
Posts: 5,503
Lorton, Virginia, US


Bella la Bell wrote:
Did you think about education level and the abilities to do that particular job. I'm sorry but not everyone will be making that much even with a degree from university.


I believe in doing a job you like. If she likes being a porn star so be it.
If a teacher likes to teach so be it.
If a dump truck guy likes to dump trash so be it.
If a model wants to pose nude so be it.

I don't see why people bash eachother's job choices.

I'm not bashing it. I don't like sex so the thought of sucking dick on camera gives me the heebie jeebies. I mean if I were a woman. For me it would be much easier to go to school and learn a skill. But that's just me.

Sep 25 12 12:11 pm  Link  Quote 
Photographer
Digital Photo PLUS
Posts: 5,503
Lorton, Virginia, US


Alabaster Crowley wrote:
Lol.

Back this up, please.

http://www.indeed.com/salary?q1=Senior+ … gton%2C+DC

That's an average.

Sep 25 12 12:13 pm  Link  Quote 
Model
LeeLa
Posts: 155
Portland, Oregon, US


Lisa Andresen wrote:
95% of sex industry workers have been sexually abused as well as low self esteem.

I highly doubt that is the percentage.

Sep 25 12 12:13 pm  Link  Quote 
Photographer
Digital Photo PLUS
Posts: 5,503
Lorton, Virginia, US


Ayame Coleen wrote:

I highly doubt that is the percentage.

73% of people doubt those numbers too.

Sep 25 12 12:17 pm  Link  Quote 
Photographer
Damon Banner
Posts: 85,066
Hayward, California, US


Alabaster Crowley wrote:

Careful with that one. She was on VH1's "Sex Rehab" with Dr. Drew. That paints her as less than mentally healthy and happy.

I know.  I just want to present all sides.

In any case, she doesn't regret her former job.

Sep 25 12 12:19 pm  Link  Quote 
Photographer
Digital Photo PLUS
Posts: 5,503
Lorton, Virginia, US


Laura UnBound wrote:
A regular job that first requires schooling on your own dime, then training/prior experience youre expected to have, they pick your days/hours for you, you have no say in who your coworkers are, youre probably not having a lot of fun in your stuffy cubicle...

True, my job is kind of boring but on the bright side I have good health insurance and don't have to touch strangers. Oh, and get to travel on company dime.

Sep 25 12 12:22 pm  Link  Quote 
Photographer
Damon Banner
Posts: 85,066
Hayward, California, US


75% of the posts on MM are hot air (including this one).
Sep 25 12 12:23 pm  Link  Quote 
Model
Miss AY
Posts: 8,164
Portland, Maine, US


Damon Banner wrote:
75% of the posts on MM are hot hair (including this one).

7 out of 3 people don't understand fractions.

Sep 25 12 12:25 pm  Link  Quote 
Model
Laura UnBound
Posts: 26,747
Toronto, Ontario, Canada


Digital Photo PLUS wrote:

True, my job is kind of boring but on the bright side I have good health insurance and don't have to touch strangers. Oh, and get to travel on company dime.

I wouldnt consider that a "regular" job in america right now by any means.

Sep 25 12 12:26 pm  Link  Quote 
Model
Miss AY
Posts: 8,164
Portland, Maine, US


Laura UnBound wrote:

Nobody is disputing that those things EVER happen, Im sure some girl somewhere in the world got into porn because she was "damaged", and she got into it with the wrong people who fucked her over and she didnt make the money she was supposed to and did things she didnt want to...and im sure shes very upset about it.

But she is not the majority like you claim. If the only women you'll listen to are the ones who hate the porn industry, then yes, the majority of the stories you hear will be bad ones. Youre only listening to biased sources lisa. Those aren't "facts" youre getting. 95% of women who hate porn hate porn, well yes, of course! Try talking to a woman who likes her job in the porn industry. Here, I'll help you. Read Stoyas latest post : http://stoya.tumblr.com She doesnt sound very angry or damaged or shorted on her money

Sabrina Maree also comes to mind. She's retiring from adult work I think but from what I've seen of her post online she is a VERY smart woman, did her thing in the industry, and got herself through school.

Sep 25 12 12:26 pm  Link  Quote 
Photographer
aspergianLens
Posts: 1,398
San Francisco, California, US


Augustine York wrote:
7 out of 3 2.333333 people don't understand fractions.

There, fixed.

Sep 25 12 12:27 pm  Link  Quote 
Photographer
Digital Photo PLUS
Posts: 5,503
Lorton, Virginia, US


Augustine York wrote:
7 out of 3 2.333333 people don't understand fractions.
aspergianLens wrote:
There, fixed.

LOL. Make that 8 out of 3.

Sep 25 12 12:33 pm  Link  Quote 
Photographer
Good Egg Productions
Posts: 14,709
Orlando, Florida, US


Augustine York wrote:

7 out of 3 people don't understand fractions.

http://cdn.memegenerator.net/instances/400x/27348879.jpg

Sep 25 12 12:36 pm  Link  Quote 
Photographer
MKPhoto
Posts: 5,664
Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada


There was a TV series ("Webdreams") shot in Quebec a while ago, following an adult actress through her  career, or at least span of a year or so, documentary rather than reality show. It looked like there were 5 reasons: $$$, fame & stepping stone to Hollywood, past abuse and a quite specific  self-esteem issue: "relationship rebound" - after being dumped by a boyfriend.
Sep 25 12 12:42 pm  Link  Quote 
Photographer
Vintagevista
Posts: 10,348
Sun City, California, US


I'd think looking at Madison Young's sites, would give a different perspective on why some folks work in porn - or, her appearance on "Real Sex" a couple of years back had some of her background.  She's great fun - damned smart - and wonderful to work with.

I also found a lot of the film "Thinking XXX" on HBO had interesting interviews from some of the legends of the industry, about how they started.
Sep 25 12 12:43 pm  Link  Quote 
Photographer
Damon Banner
Posts: 85,066
Hayward, California, US


Vintagevista wrote:
I'd think looking at Madison Young's sites, would give a different perspective on why some folks work in porn - or, her appearance on "Real Sex" a couple of years back had some of her background.  She's great fun - damned smart - and wonderful to work with.

I also found a lot of the film "Thinking XXX" on HBO had interesting interviews from some of the legends of the industry, about how they started.

yes.  I love her!

Sep 25 12 12:47 pm  Link  Quote 
Photographer
Artifice
Posts: 30,984
Los Angeles, California, US


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EjSJEDuemp0#t=00m22s

modeled wrote:
^shout out to llamamayhem in that video btw.

lol

Sep 25 12 12:49 pm  Link  Quote 
Photographer
Artifice
Posts: 30,984
Los Angeles, California, US


It's odd because there are about 5 Madelyn Monroe spelling variants on MM but none of them seems to be the one in the video.
Sep 25 12 12:52 pm  Link  Quote 
Model
Eryn G
Posts: 6,430
Toronto, Ontario, Canada


Lisa Andresen wrote:
This is the real truth about porn...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jRZZAuPy … re=related

LOL.

lol

I'd say out of a hundred 10% of girls get 'duped' into believing the shit on that video. All of the adult stars that I have met are smart, educated and know how to handle the business.

Then there are porn stars who do it out of the comfort of their own homes...with their significant others...so I don't know exactly how this is the "truth". Looking at those super ugly women though made me yikes ew.

Sep 25 12 12:53 pm  Link  Quote 
Photographer
SensualThemes
Posts: 3,042
Swoyersville, Pennsylvania, US


In my experience...the sex industry draws 3 types

Those who love MONEY.  This is the right reason folks.  Pretty much the only good one

Who like SEX or the party.  Easy burnout here...and hell, if u like sex, wouldn't you rather pick your partners and activities (though if someone wanted to pay me to f*
Sep 25 12 01:01 pm  Link  Quote 
Photographer
Connor Photography
Posts: 6,136
Elkton, Maryland, US


NothingIsRealButTheGirl wrote:
It's odd because there are about 5 Madelyn Monroe spelling variants on MM but none of them seems to be the one in the video.

It is not so difficult; the one in NYC.  The spelling is correct.  If you search her name + porn, you will get a number videos she did.

Sep 25 12 01:25 pm  Link  Quote 
Photographer
Vintagevista
Posts: 10,348
Sun City, California, US


Vintagevista wrote:
I'd think looking at Madison Young's sites, would give a different perspective on why some folks work in porn - or, her appearance on "Real Sex" a couple of years back had some of her background.  She's great fun - damned smart - and wonderful to work with.

I also found a lot of the film "Thinking XXX" on HBO had interesting interviews from some of the legends of the industry, about how they started.
Damon Banner wrote:
yes.  I love her!

Yeah, she's 100% awesome - (The only accurate percentage in this thread) I've shot with her a couple of times and visited her at Femina Potens In San Fran.  She's very kind and damned smart.

Sep 25 12 02:00 pm  Link  Quote 
Photographer
Damon Banner
Posts: 85,066
Hayward, California, US


Pinups4 wrote:
Who like SEX or the party.  Easy burnout here...and hell, if u like sex, wouldn't you rather pick your partners and activities (though if someone wanted to pay me to f*&k....I'm game)

If you go to a sex party to bang 4-5 people, chances are you aren't going to see any paperwork on those people.  So sure, you might get to pick, you might also get Gingivitis. 

The parties aren't hard to come by.....

Sep 25 12 02:00 pm  Link  Quote 
Photographer
Damon Banner
Posts: 85,066
Hayward, California, US


Vintagevista wrote:

Yeah, she's 100% awesome - (The only accurate percentage in this thread) I've shot with her a couple of times and visited her at Femina Potens In San Fran.

I won't go to her gallery because I'm scared I'll geek out and do something stupid, like introduce myself.

Sep 25 12 02:00 pm  Link  Quote 
Photographer
Damon Banner
Posts: 85,066
Hayward, California, US


Eryn G wrote:
Looking at those super ugly women though made me yikes ew.

Glad you said it first, because I held back on saying something similar.

Sep 25 12 02:01 pm  Link  Quote 
Photographer
Wysiwyg Photography
Posts: 6,282
Salt Lake City, Utah, US


Lisa Andresen wrote:

There are just too many quotes that I would like to respond to so I will just respond in "one lump sum".

Though I doubt you will be back to read this thread, I feel I would like to add my two cents.

I actually agree with a lot of your political views... But here is the problem.
You let your religious bias skew statistics and your personal feelings get in the way of actually finding out the truth.

Your thought process is that if 2 or even 20 girls have "low self esteem" or "hate" doing porn... Most women would be that way... or even simpler... if YOU would feel bad about doing porn, most other women would share your sentiment.

That simply isn't true.
And interview with Sasha Grey comes to mind when she was on (I think) the Tyra Banks Show.. and they were trying to convince her that she really hated doing porn, she just didn't know it yet.. and tried getting former prostitutes and porn actresses to "testify" to her that because THEY got out and realized they had "low self esteem" that Sasha must have the same feelings.

Anyway, percentages are worthless without facts backing them up and religious skewed facts don't help any.

On the Flip Side:
How many times have you been the target of ridicule because of your faith, or even for NOT doing nudes? (probably not much about the nudes part but stay with me).

Now I make a video showing atheists "testifying" the waste of time they had pursuing religion and how much happier they are now that they are free to do what they want without having to do the 'church thing'.

So, because I found so many people that used to be in religion, I make the conclusion that "Most" people that are in religion aren't happy because "God" is manipulating you to give tithes and your time to the Church.

Do you see the flaw in your logic?

Sep 25 12 02:11 pm  Link  Quote 
Photographer
SPierce Photography
Posts: 19,345
Amherst, Massachusetts, US


Laura UnBound wrote:

Nobody is disputing that those things EVER happen, Im sure some girl somewhere in the world got into porn because she was "damaged", and she got into it with the wrong people who fucked her over and she didnt make the money she was supposed to and did things she didnt want to...and im sure shes very upset about it.

But she is not the majority like you claim. If the only women you'll listen to are the ones who hate the porn industry, then yes, the majority of the stories you hear will be bad ones. Youre only listening to biased sources lisa. Those aren't "facts" youre getting. 95% of women who hate porn hate porn, well yes, of course! Try talking to a woman who likes her job in the porn industry. Here, I'll help you. Read Stoyas latest post : http://stoya.tumblr.com She doesnt sound very angry or damaged or shorted on her money

Well said, as I was going to bring up Stoya as well- of whom, by the way, I'm a huge fan of!

Sep 25 12 02:13 pm  Link  Quote 
Model
Eryn G
Posts: 6,430
Toronto, Ontario, Canada


Damon Banner wrote:

Glad you said it first, because I held back on saying something similar.

My face was just

yikes

All I could think of was when she was on set the director said this...

"Fuck woman, you're ugly. Lets shove 5 dicks in her face so noone notices!"

Aldo for the record, many many girls have daddy issues. I'd bet more women working as a banker who secretly fucks men to feel better about their dads abandonment are around then "poor used and abused porn stars".

I love how women think women are sooooooo stupid that they could never willingly get fucked on camera. No, some spooky man lured them and raped them on camera then sold it. Duh. That's what happens to all women.

But seriously yikes to those women. yikes yikes

Sep 25 12 02:14 pm  Link  Quote 
first12345last   Search   Reply



main | browse | casting/travel | forums | shout box | help | advertising | contests | share | join the mayhem

more modelmayhem on: | | | edu

©2006-2014 ModelMayhem.com. All Rights Reserved.
MODEL MAYHEM is a registered trademark.
Toggle Worksafe Mode: Off | On
Terms | Privacy | Careers