login info join!
This thread was locked on 2012-09-27 16:21:14. Reason: As it is, this would be considered spam. There is no substance other then "look at my blog". Please come up with other ways to promote your blog.
Forums > Photography Talk > Bathing Suit Photos Search   Reply
12last
Photographer
Benjamin Kanarek
Posts: 2,607
Paris, Île-de-France, France


Anyone interested in seeing who won the Bathing Suit Contest you may go to this link:

http://www.benjaminkanarekblog.com/acce

Enjoy Thanks
Ben :-)
Sep 27 12 08:12 am  Link  Quote 
Photographer
L A U B E N H E I M E R
Posts: 8,361
Seattle, Washington, US


contest? hmm
Sep 27 12 08:20 am  Link  Quote 
Photographer
Aaron Lewis Photography
Posts: 5,078
Catskill, New York, US


Are you on drugs?
Sep 27 12 08:27 am  Link  Quote 
Photographer
PicBack
Posts: 621
New York, New York, US


Your link is not working.
Sep 27 12 08:36 am  Link  Quote 
Photographer
Michael Broughton
Posts: 2,163
Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada


i think it's safe to say nobody here cares about your blog or appreciates the not-so-subtle spam.
Sep 27 12 08:37 am  Link  Quote 
guide forum
Photographer
Giacomo Cirrincioni
Posts: 20,903
New York, New York, US


Michael Broughton wrote:
i think it's safe to say nobody here cares about your blog or appreciates the not-so-subtle spam.

I don't think that's necessarily true.

Sep 27 12 08:43 am  Link  Quote 
Photographer
Kent Art Photography
Posts: 2,648
Ashford, England, United Kingdom


Paramour Productions wrote:

I don't think that's necessarily true.

Mr Kanarek does have a history of briggings and lockings...

Sep 27 12 08:51 am  Link  Quote 
Photographer
D0127H
Posts: 1,135
Ottawa, Ontario, Canada


Michael Broughton wrote:
i think it's safe to say nobody here cares about your blog or appreciates the not-so-subtle spam.

Benjamin, more than most, can post whatever he likes.

Sep 27 12 08:54 am  Link  Quote 
Photographer
Shot By Adam
Posts: 5,525
Las Vegas, Nevada, US


http://www.drjerrykennedy.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/10/Mmmmm-Spam.jpg
Sep 27 12 08:59 am  Link  Quote 
Photographer
Michael Broughton
Posts: 2,163
Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada


Shot By Adam wrote:
http://www.drjerrykennedy.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/10/Mmmmm-Spam.jpg

it's porktastic!!!

Sep 27 12 09:15 am  Link  Quote 
Photographer
David Gaar
Posts: 843
Burton, Texas, US


Lovely Spam, wonderful Spam....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g8huXkSaL7o
Sep 27 12 09:28 am  Link  Quote 
guide forum
Photographer
studio36uk
Posts: 21,516
Tavai, Sigave, Wallis and Futuna


Come on guys, it's not the a-pork-alypse.

Studio36
Sep 27 12 09:38 am  Link  Quote 
Photographer
MKPhoto
Posts: 5,664
Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada


We love to hate him, don't we wink There must be a reason....
Sep 27 12 09:43 am  Link  Quote 
Photographer
robert christopher
Posts: 2,677
Snohomish, Washington, US


Michael Broughton wrote:
i think it's safe to say nobody here cares about your blog or appreciates the not-so-subtle spam.

please speak only for yourself, i enjoy and have learned much from Benjamin's blogs and entry's here. he has a wonderful eye for the current trends in fashion as demonstrated by the winning entry in the swimsuit competition. i would never have thought to shoot her like that but i will in the future.

Sep 27 12 10:19 am  Link  Quote 
Photographer
Joseph William
Posts: 1,927
Chicago, Illinois, US


Michael Broughton wrote:
i think it's safe to say nobody here cares about your blog or appreciates the not-so-subtle spam.

I disagree.

Sep 27 12 10:24 am  Link  Quote 
guide forum
Photographer
Giacomo Cirrincioni
Posts: 20,903
New York, New York, US


Paramour Productions wrote:
I don't think that's necessarily true.
Kent Art Photography wrote:
Mr Kanarek does have a history of briggings and lockings...

Which means very little given that the Plebes run the asylum.  Even still, while there is certainly a vocal few who go out of their way to disparage Benjamin, his work speaks for itself and there are more than a few here who appreciate his postings.

Sep 27 12 10:51 am  Link  Quote 
guide forum
Photographer
-JAY-
Posts: 6,186
Las Vegas, Nevada, US


Paramour Productions wrote:

Paramour Productions wrote:
I don't think that's necessarily true.

Which means very little given that the Plebes run the asylum.  Even still, while there is certainly a vocal few who go out of their way to disparage Benjamin, his work speaks for itself and there are more than a few here who appreciate his postings.

True... buuuuuuuuttt.... couldn't he just post the results here?

Sep 27 12 11:18 am  Link  Quote 
Photographer
L A U B E N H E I M E R
Posts: 8,361
Seattle, Washington, US


-JAY- wrote:

True... buuuuuuuuttt.... couldn't he just post the results here?

bingo!

Sep 27 12 11:22 am  Link  Quote 
Photographer
Christopher Hartman
Posts: 53,733
Buena Park, California, US


What is defined as a "snap shot"?
Sep 27 12 12:30 pm  Link  Quote 
Photographer
Christopher Hartman
Posts: 53,733
Buena Park, California, US


-JAY- wrote:

True... buuuuuuuuttt.... couldn't he just post the results here?

he could, but he didn't.

Sep 27 12 12:32 pm  Link  Quote 
Photographer
Connor Photography
Posts: 6,322
Elkton, Maryland, US


Michael Broughton wrote:
i think it's safe to say nobody here cares about your blog or appreciates the not-so-subtle spam.
D0127H wrote:
Benjamin, more than most, can post whatever he likes.

X100.
Benjamin can spam anytime he wants on MM.  I particular like his SPAM.

Sep 27 12 12:48 pm  Link  Quote 
Photographer
L A U B E N H E I M E R
Posts: 8,361
Seattle, Washington, US


Connor Photography wrote:

X100.
Benjamin can spam anytime he wants on MM.  I particular like his SPAM.

can we all spam MM anytime we want to? hmm

Sep 27 12 12:54 pm  Link  Quote 
Photographer
M Pandolfo Photography
Posts: 12,113
Tampa, Florida, US


Interesting how it's only defined as spam when it's unwanted by the masses. Is that how we're defining spam now? We're all taking a vote and if we like the content, or the person, it's not spam?

The OP is advertising. No different than a "go to this link and vote for me" thread.

If he had simply posted the results here with an image or two, it would be fine. He chose to present it as an advertisement for his blog. Just because some of us, or all of us, like him or his content is irrelevant to to the definition of "spam."
Sep 27 12 01:07 pm  Link  Quote 
Photographer
rfordphotos
Posts: 4,609
Antioch, California, US


Mr Kanarek has more talent in his pinkie finger than I do in my entire overfed body.

And he has a very active blog that many here not only enjoy, but learn from.

But...........imagine if every photographer on MM posted even a nice, single line note to the forums about their blog posts.....Very shortly we would be inundated.

I dont know when it crosses over from being a service to spam.....but Mr Kanarek has been on both sides of that line several times...

Maybe we need a forum, dedicated to this kind of announcement? Those that are interested in blogs etc could stay informed, those that are not would not see a forum they were not interested in....Dunno......There is an answer here somewhere that suits everybody.
Sep 27 12 01:12 pm  Link  Quote 
Photographer
L A U B E N H E I M E R
Posts: 8,361
Seattle, Washington, US


rfordphotos wrote:
Mr Kanarek has more talent in his pinkie finger than I do in my entire overfed body.

And he has a very active blog that many here not only enjoy, but learn from.

But...........imagine if every photographer on MM posted even a nice, single line note to the forums about their blog posts.....Very shortly we would be inundated.

I dont know when it crosses over from being a service to spam.....but Mr Kanarek has been on both sides of that line several times...

Maybe we need a forum, dedicated to this kind of announcement? Those that are interested in blogs etc could stay informed, those that are not would not see a forum they were not interested in....Dunno......There is an answer here somewhere that suits everybody.

why not use the Bulletins feature of MM?

Sep 27 12 01:16 pm  Link  Quote 
Photographer
Alluring Exposures
Posts: 11,358
Mesa, Arizona, US


Benjamin Kanarek wrote:
Anyone interested in seeing who won the Bathing Suit Contest you may go to this link:

http://www.benjaminkanarekblog.com/acce

Enjoy Thanks
Ben :-)

If I had known you were running a swimsuit image contest I would have submitted this one;
http://photos.modelmayhem.com/photos/070714/05/4698a8fab1800_m.jpg

Sep 27 12 01:29 pm  Link  Quote 
Photographer
Jerry Nemeth
Posts: 26,734
Dearborn, Michigan, US


Michael Broughton wrote:
i think it's safe to say nobody here cares about your blog or appreciates the not-so-subtle spam.

Not true.  I checked it out.

Sep 27 12 01:39 pm  Link  Quote 
Photographer
Jerry Nemeth
Posts: 26,734
Dearborn, Michigan, US


Paramour Productions wrote:

Paramour Productions wrote:
I don't think that's necessarily true.

Which means very little given that the Plebes run the asylum.  Even still, while there is certainly a vocal few who go out of their way to disparage Benjamin, his work speaks for itself and there are more than a few here who appreciate his postings.

Many of the better photographers have left MM because of these people.

Sep 27 12 01:42 pm  Link  Quote 
Photographer
Alluring Exposures
Posts: 11,358
Mesa, Arizona, US


Michael Broughton wrote:
i think it's safe to say nobody here cares about your blog or appreciates the not-so-subtle spam.

Not safe at all. There are more than a few of us who enjoy Benjamin's work, value his posts, and enjoy his blog.

Sep 27 12 01:48 pm  Link  Quote 
Photographer
Benjamin Kanarek
Posts: 2,607
Paris, Île-de-France, France


Oh my my...
Sep 27 12 01:49 pm  Link  Quote 
Photographer
Benjamin Kanarek
Posts: 2,607
Paris, Île-de-France, France


Alluring Exposures wrote:
If I had known you were running a swimsuit image contest I would have submitted this one;
http://photos.modelmayhem.com/photos/070714/05/4698a8fab1800_m.jpg

Very nice indeed...Next time. As this contest will be happening again. C'est La Vie! Again, lovely shot. Oh and by the way, I didn't post the images,as I don't know how to...

Sep 27 12 01:51 pm  Link  Quote 
Photographer
SoCo n Lime
Posts: 3,283
Glasgow, Scotland, United Kingdom


rfordphotos wrote:
Maybe we need a forum, dedicated to his announcements about his blog

there you go now your talking sense wink

i dont think many here mind seeing good quality work which the OP does create, just like a number of other experienced guys on here. i think many here would like to hear how he goes about things and learn as they do.. however im pretty sure its the way he goes about it which pisses most off and actually does the opposite of what he would like to happen.

oh and just another small point really .. for someone with such a huge smoke and mirror's brand he doesn't give much away in terms of value in prizes.. just saying..

Sep 27 12 01:52 pm  Link  Quote 
guide forum
Photographer
-JAY-
Posts: 6,186
Las Vegas, Nevada, US


Benjamin Kanarek wrote:
Oh my my...

see my response to this on my blog: www.shootingonabudget.com

Sep 27 12 01:52 pm  Link  Quote 
Photographer
Alluring Exposures
Posts: 11,358
Mesa, Arizona, US


Michael Pandolfo wrote:
Interesting how it's only defined as spam when it's unwanted by the masses. Is that how we're defining spam now? We're all taking a vote and if we like the content, or the person, it's not spam?

The OP is advertising. No different than a "go to this link and vote for me" thread.

If he had simply posted the results here with an image or two, it would be fine. He chose to present it as an advertisement for his blog. Just because some of us, or all of us, like him or his content is irrelevant to to the definition of "spam."

From dictionary.com

Spam  [spam] noun, verb, spammed, spam·ming.
1. Trademark . a canned food product consisting especially of pork formed into a solid block.
2. ( lowercase ) disruptive messages, especially commercial messages posted on a computer network or sent as e-mail.

So how is this even close to being disruptive? If you don't want to read Benjamin's post, you stay out of the forum he created... unless you're looking to http://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-iw5TaUpM1OI/AAAAAAAAAAI/AAAAAAAAABg/oWjr6XtVW8o/s120-c/photo.jpg.

Sep 27 12 01:53 pm  Link  Quote 
Photographer
Christopher Hartman
Posts: 53,733
Buena Park, California, US


Benjamin Kanarek wrote:
Very nice indeed...Next time. As this contest will be happening again. C'est La Vie! Again, lovely shot. Oh and by the way, I didn't post the images,as I don't know how to...

http://www.benjaminkanarekblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/09/Benjo-Arwas-64-560x784.jpg

is done by:

[img]http://www.benjaminkanarekblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/09/Benjo-Arwas-64-560x784.jpg[img]

but at the end it needs to be[/img] for it to work.

Sep 27 12 02:15 pm  Link  Quote 
Photographer
SoCo n Lime
Posts: 3,283
Glasgow, Scotland, United Kingdom


Michael Pandolfo wrote:
The OP is advertising. No different than a "go to this link and vote for me" thread.
Alluring Exposures wrote:
Spam  [spam] noun, verb, spammed, spam·ming.
1. Trademark . a canned food product consisting especially of pork formed into a solid block.
2. ( lowercase ) disruptive messages, especially commercial messages posted on a computer network or sent as e-mail.

So how is this even close

it is spam sorry and ive highlighted the correct part of your post.. your also missing the point alluring exposures

it is disruptive cause what happens if everyone starts posting snippets from their blog and look at my blog threads? it becomes like myspace boy bands posting 'check us out were unsigned'.. 'unsigned' the alternative word for 'shite' ..

if you know his blog and you like the blog keep visiting it.. recommend it .. spend your time there but please these forum's dont need reminded its there we know already..

Sep 27 12 02:27 pm  Link  Quote 
Photographer
Alluring Exposures
Posts: 11,358
Mesa, Arizona, US


Mark Laubenheimer wrote:

why not use the Bulletins feature of MM?

Because Bulletins is not a well-implemented feature... no way to "follow" them for one.

Sep 27 12 02:32 pm  Link  Quote 
Photographer
L A U B E N H E I M E R
Posts: 8,361
Seattle, Washington, US


Benjamin Kanarek wrote:
Very nice indeed...Next time. As this contest will be happening again. C'est La Vie! Again, lovely shot. Oh and by the way, I didn't post the images,as I don't know how to...

2,207 posts in and you don't know how? with all of the locked threads and people getting bent about all the spam wouldn't it behoove you to learn how?

Sep 27 12 02:33 pm  Link  Quote 
Photographer
Alluring Exposures
Posts: 11,358
Mesa, Arizona, US


SoCo n Lime wrote:

it is spam sorry and ive highlighted the correct part of your post.. your also missing the point alluring exposures

it is disruptive cause what happens if everyone starts posting snippets from their blog and look at my blog threads? it becomes like myspace boy bands posting 'check us out were unsigned'.. 'unsigned' the alternative word for 'shite' ..

if you know his blog and you like the blog keep visiting it.. recommend it .. spend your time there but please these forum's dont need reminded its there we know already..

The first part for it to be spam is it must be DISRUPTIVE. That's why is says "ESPECIALLY commercial..." (in other words, it doesn't have to be commercial, but it MUST be disruptive)
What happens if everyone starts posting snippets of their blog and "look at my blog" threads? Well... let me see... NETWORKING might happen!!! Someone who might not know you or your blog might discover you and find you cool as beans which means more NETWORKING... you're right. We really don't want any of THAT happening here!!!

Sep 27 12 02:36 pm  Link  Quote 
Photographer
Christopher Hartman
Posts: 53,733
Buena Park, California, US


SoCo n Lime wrote:

Michael Pandolfo wrote:
The OP is advertising. No different than a "go to this link and vote for me" thread.

it is spam sorry and ive highlighted the correct part of your post.. your also missing the point alluring exposures

it is disruptive cause what happens if everyone starts posting snippets from their blog and look at my blog threads? it becomes like myspace boy bands posting 'check us out were unsigned'.. 'unsigned' the alternative word for 'shite' ..

if you know his blog and you like the blog keep visiting it.. recommend it .. spend your time there but please these forum's dont need reminded its there we know already..

I think it's fine right now.  When everyone DOES start doing the the look at me blogs...then we can complain about how the forum is being littered with look at me blog threads.  Right now, it's really not an issue, in my opinion, which is all that should matter...cause I'm awesome.

Sep 27 12 02:36 pm  Link  Quote 
12last   Search   Reply



main | browse | casting/travel | forums | shout box | help | advertising | contests | share | join the mayhem

more modelmayhem on: | | | edu

©2006-2014 ModelMayhem.com. All Rights Reserved.
MODEL MAYHEM is a registered trademark.
Toggle Worksafe Mode: Off | On
Terms | Privacy | Careers