Ok, this is our last event in the desert for this year. The location is actually in Lucerne Valley 35 minutes from Victorville/Bear Valley. I used Victorville because most know where the city is as opposed to Lucerne Valley.
For some reason eveyone seems to enjoy the desert shoots overall than other locations. Don't miss out on this event, register now!
Drew and Karl group shoot and workshop
Behind the scene videos of our previous events:
Our first group shoot and first video - 18+
For new photographers who want to attend our workshop
• Learn to use lighting like the pros.
• We're here to share our tips to beginning photographers.
• Ever wonder how Drew and I light our models without the background being blown out on a sunny day? Speed lights not cutting it huh? We will give you hands on experience in using affordable and portable mono strobe lights and equipment. Try Before You Buy.
• You'll be so impressed with your images after the event that you'll be ready to order the same lighting equipment we use.
• I'll show you different light modifiers and their uses. Octobox, beauty dish and grids will be covered. I'll discuss the difference between the silver BD and white BD. Why i use the BD over an Octobox at the beach or desert.
• Circular Polarizer(CP)and Neutral Density(ND) filters will be discussed and how it will improve your images when shooting outdoors or at the beach. I recommend Hoya brand.
• Once you attend our workshop, you'll be able to build up your port with beautiful models quickly.
• Students can take the remainder of day to shoot models.
Preperations for workshop:
• To make use of the workshop, Cyber Syncs are recommended. If you are in the market to purchase wireless transmitter I recommend purchasing the Cybersyns from Paul C. Buff. You may rent Cyber Syncs from us at $10 with photo ID. Limited availability, don't assume we'll have enough Cyber Syncs. Also Pocket Wizard III's are also a good purchase.
• Students must have prior knowledge on how to adjust their camera in manual mode. You'll need to know how to adjust aperture, shutter speed and ISO.
• I recommend you purchase a CP, ND or both. Purchase the appropriate diameter for your lens.
• Make sure D-lighting or similar camera feature is turned off!
• If you have a 101 questions, please let us finish the workshop first then you may ask your questions after. Some photographers learn quicker than others so we can finish with them right away so they can jump right into shooting for the rest of the day. It typically takes 30-40 minutes to teach the workshop depending on the amount of students and answering basic questions.
[/b]Don't care about the workshop?[/b]
• For photographers who don't care about the workshop, they can shoot the available models for the group shoot portion.
• Shoot beautiful models all day long.
• Please be courteous, if you're going to set up your lighting equipment at a awesome location, to either share or move locations every 1/2 hour.
Hire models after the event for 1 on 1 shoots at 1/2 hour increments
Message the models and see if you can hire the model you want after the group event for 1 on 1 sessions. You must be RSVP on meetup.com for the event to book the models.
The 6 sessions are:
**************** Registration Information ****************
When is this taking place and how can i reserve a spot?
We use meetup.com
for registration, Paypal payments and email notifications.
Date: Saturday October 27th, 2012
Time: We will be meeting at a parking lot in Apple Valley at 9am then carpool to actual location at 9:30am. The main event is from 10am to 1:30pm. 1:30pm-2:00pm is lunch. From 2:00pm-5:50pm you are allowed to hire models for 1 on 1 sessions at 1/2 hour increments.
• Group shoot - $80 fee. $40 deposit, pay balance at location.
• Workshop - $120 fee. $40 deposit, pay balance at location.
• Photographer Limit: None!
• Deposit is non-refundable! No exceptions! If you can't make it to the event, your deposit will got towards the next event.
• Deposit payment by Paypal. Don't have Paypal? Get one or miss out!
• Be sure to register here and RSVP! You will be emailed through meetup.com the address and information several days before the event.
• Model releases are not included. Cost of model release will depend on what the model charges.
• Lunch and drinks will be provided.
NO ESCORTS, HUSBAND, BOYFRIENDS, OF SOME SORT FOR BOTH MODELS AND PHOTOGRAPHERS!
But if you absolutely need to bring someone, they will have to pay the $80 fee.
Add event to your calendar
Information here subject to change.