login info join!
Forums > Hair, Makeup & Styling > Yaby Cosmetic Pro Workshop in NY Search   Reply
Makeup Artist
TorontoMakeupArtist
Posts: 1,278
Toronto, Ontario, Canada


Is anyone else going to the Yaby Cosmetics Pro Workshop with Roshar and pop up shop in New York?

It's on Monday November 12th.

I'm coming from Toronto for it and super excited. Can't wait to meet everyone!

Hm... tried uploading the photo from the website and I can't so here is the link:
http://www.yabycosmetics.com/hands-on-p … th-roshar/
Oct 29 12 02:41 pm  Link  Quote 
Makeup Artist
FacesByNiki
Posts: 51
Germantown, Maryland, US


Ahhh, that sounds like fun.

I'm taking the Temptu Bridal Airbrush class that same day.
Oct 31 12 01:16 pm  Link  Quote 
Makeup Artist
Simire MUA
Posts: 91
London, England, United Kingdom


Ooooh! Just looked at this thread. I would love to go for this and tie in a bit of shopping and sightseeing as well. Really admire Roshar's work.

It'll be my 4th visit to the US and my 1st to New York. Some friends (and my travel agent agent!) are a bit jittery about the weather.

Not sure if i'll be able to make it though as it will be very last minute planning (work and all) to manage the trip and a rapid turnround back to London.

We'll see.....enjoy yourself though
Oct 31 12 01:44 pm  Link  Quote 
Makeup Artist
TorontoMakeupArtist
Posts: 1,278
Toronto, Ontario, Canada


Simire MUA wrote:
Ooooh! Just looked at this thread. I would love to go for this and tie in a bit of shopping and sightseeing as well. Really admire Roshar's work.

It'll be my 4th visit to the US and my 1st to New York. Some friends (and my travel agent agent!) are a bit jittery about the weather.

Not sure if i'll be able to make it though as it will be very last minute planning (work and all) to manage the trip and a rapid turnround back to London.

We'll see.....enjoy yourself though

Oh Simire! I hope you're able to make it. He is such an incredible instructor. I'm soooooooo excited.

And I hate to be so insensitive (please forgive - my parents worked in travel/hospitality and they totally taught me this) but because of Sandy, you may be able to get a good deal on travel, during a time when the city would love to see the money from tourists.

(again - anyone from new york - I don't mean to capitalise on any loss or be insensitive. My parents were always looking for great travel deals after natural or local disasters and would always taut the benefit of travel dollars)

Nov 02 12 05:15 am  Link  Quote 
Makeup Artist
Jaime Criel Makeup
Posts: 149
New York, New York, US


I absolutely adore Roshar and I love love love my Yaby products. Unfortunately I'm booked the day of the pop up store and won't be able to make it. As far as hotels go, I definitely recommend checking around ahead of time. As we are still some time away from the day of the pop up shop, all hotel rooms in New York City are currently booked to full capacity with the victims of the storm.
Nov 02 12 06:08 pm  Link  Quote 
Makeup Artist
TorontoMakeupArtist
Posts: 1,278
Toronto, Ontario, Canada


Jaime Criel Makeup wrote:
I absolutely adore Roshar and I love love love my Yaby products. Unfortunately I'm booked the day of the pop up store and won't be able to make it. As far as hotels go, I definitely recommend checking around ahead of time. As we are still some time away from the day of the pop up shop, all hotel rooms in New York City are currently booked to full capacity with the victims of the storm.

So true. I've been reading all the stories surrounding the NYC marathon and it seems I spoke way too soon. Definitely makes sense to not crowd hotels when people are out of home. My apologies for being so incorrect.

Nov 03 12 08:29 pm  Link  Quote 
Makeup Artist
Dani Jaye
Posts: 319
Princeton, New Jersey, US


Ashley:
I have to thank you for posting this!  Truly, I would have been near suicidal if I missed the chance to learn from Roshar.  I've been so busy assisting nationals for Dior, that much of my personal ambitions have been sidelined.  I will be booking my spot today and taking that day off! I live near enough that I can take the train in and not have to worry about lodging.

I look forward to meeting you wink
Dani~
Nov 04 12 09:43 am  Link  Quote 
Makeup Artist
TorontoMakeupArtist
Posts: 1,278
Toronto, Ontario, Canada


Dani Jaye MUA wrote:
Ashley:
I have to thank you for posting this!  Truly, I would have been near suicidal if I missed the chance to learn from Roshar.  I've been so busy assisting nationals for Dior, that much of my personal ambitions have been sidelined.  I will be booking my spot today and taking that day off! I live near enough that I can take the train in and not have to worry about lodging.

I look forward to meeting you wink
Dani~

Honestly, I regretted so much when I didn't go to Detroit for his class there. I'm so excited to be going to New York for it!

Can't wait to meet you!

Nov 04 12 07:47 pm  Link  Quote 
Makeup Artist
Simire MUA
Posts: 91
London, England, United Kingdom


Ashley Readings wrote:
Oh Simire! I hope you're able to make it. He is such an incredible instructor. I'm soooooooo excited.

And I hate to be so insensitive (please forgive - my parents worked in travel/hospitality and they totally taught me this) but because of Sandy, you may be able to get a good deal on travel, during a time when the city would love to see the money from tourists.

(again - anyone from new york - I don't mean to capitalise on any loss or be insensitive. My parents were always looking for great travel deals after natural or local disasters and would always taut the benefit of travel dollars)

I am officially devastated. Short of a miracle, my trip will probably not take place. i am sooo gutted! I wish i had come across this earlier.
Have fun Ashley! hopefully there'll be another Roshar workshop to attend.

Roshar if you happen to be reading this you are very welcome to come on over to London also ;-)

Nov 05 12 03:25 am  Link  Quote 
Makeup Artist
TorontoMakeupArtist
Posts: 1,278
Toronto, Ontario, Canada


Simire MUA wrote:
I am officially devastated. Short of a miracle, my trip will probably not take place. i am sooo gutted! I wish i had come across this earlier.
Have fun Ashley! hopefully there'll be another Roshar workshop to attend.

Roshar if you happen to be reading this you are very welcome to come on over to London also ;-)

I'm sure there will be another workshop that you can hopefully attend!

Nov 05 12 05:53 am  Link  Quote 
Makeup Artist
Simire MUA
Posts: 91
London, England, United Kingdom


well how did it go Ashley? very eager to find out and a tad jealous also ;-)
Nov 14 12 02:59 am  Link  Quote 
Makeup Artist
JochsBeauty
Posts: 1,459
Ann Arbor, Michigan, US


I went to the workshop & it was amazing! Roshar is seriously the sweetest man & an absolute evil genius with makeup & application. Liz was beyond generous as well.

Here's some photos from the workshop.
http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set= … 512&type=1
Nov 15 12 06:28 am  Link  Quote 
  Search   Reply



main | browse | casting/travel | forums | shout box | help | advertising | contests | share | join the mayhem

more modelmayhem on: | | | edu

©2006-2014 ModelMayhem.com. All Rights Reserved.
MODEL MAYHEM is a registered trademark.
Toggle Worksafe Mode: Off | On
Terms | Privacy | Careers