login info join!
Forums > Critique > Fun and Games > On Pain Killers Critique Search   Reply
Photographer
Margaret Hope
Posts: 840
Seattle, Washington, US


I have no life. Not doing anything for Halloween and I'm on pain killers right now. I went to the dentist the other day so my teeth are killing me.

If you would like a critique from me while I'm on pain killers I will give you one. However please don't cry to your mom if you don't like what I have to write about you - after all I warned you that I'm on pain killers.
Oct 31 12 06:25 pm  Link  Quote 
Model
Merry Jane
Posts: 986
Thief River Falls, Minnesota, US


You don't feel all sweet, and sympathetic? Whaa?

Well, I'm interested in what you have to say.
Oct 31 12 06:38 pm  Link  Quote 
Photographer
Margaret Hope
Posts: 840
Seattle, Washington, US


Merry Jane wrote:
You don't feel all sweet, and sympathetic? Whaa?

Well, I'm interested in what you have to say.

Nah! Drugs make me want to lash out on people lol.

You have a very nice portfolio. A great variety however you seem to be very weak when it comes to shooting "head on". Most of what I see in your portfolio is profile and/or 3/4.

This photo for example: Great shot and angle but its lacking the intensity in the eyes. With more intensity in the eyes it would have been amazing. Like you were wanting my soul.

http://photos.modelmayhem.com/photos/120801/14/5019a63d0df7e_m.jpg

This photo is just crap. Bad angle. Your face looks a little chunky and it looks like a senior portrait.

http://photos.modelmayhem.com/photos/111108/12/4eb98b1ed2bfd_m.jpg


With your nudes really challenge yourself with posing and making your body look more interesting with different shapes. These poses that you are doing are not that original. It shows your body but these poses have been done before. Show intensity in your poses as well.

Oct 31 12 06:52 pm  Link  Quote 
Model
Merry Jane
Posts: 986
Thief River Falls, Minnesota, US


Margaret Hope wrote:

Nah! Drugs make me want to lash out on people lol.

You have a very nice portfolio. A great variety however you seem to be very weak when it comes to shooting "head on". Most of what I see in your portfolio is profile and/or 3/4.

This photo for example: Great shot and angle but its lacking the intensity in the eyes. With more intensity in the eyes it would have been amazing. Like you were wanting my soul.

http://photos.modelmayhem.com/photos/120801/14/5019a63d0df7e_m.jpg

This photo is just crap. Bad angle. Your face looks a little chunky and it looks like a senior portrait.

http://photos.modelmayhem.com/photos/111108/12/4eb98b1ed2bfd_m.jpg


With your nudes really challenge yourself with posing and making your body look more interesting with different shapes. These poses that you are doing are not that original. It shows your body but these poses have been done before. Show intensity in your poses as well.

I appreciate the time and effort your put into this critique. You are completely correct that I have not conquered shooting head on(I do not like my face straight on, maybe its a insecurity thing), and that is something I'll have to work on.

I am just starting with nudes(turned 18 in the spring. So thank you for the good bit of advice. Most of the shoots I have done have been landscape and nature nudes, and so I keep it kind of natural. I'll have to set up more shoots in more dramatic settings, possibly even in studio so I can play with posing.

Thank you much, and enjoy your loopy night!

Oct 31 12 07:27 pm  Link  Quote 
Photographer
GER Photography
Posts: 7,536
Imperial, California, US


Yeeehawwwwwww!! This could get interesting!! As long as it's not just that Vicodin stuff, worthless junk the MD's give out like candy!!:-)))
Oct 31 12 07:36 pm  Link  Quote 
Photographer
cubicmicron photography
Posts: 381
Smyrna, Georgia, US


I have some fashion images in there, Margaret.  Go ahead and rip me up if it makes you feel any better.
Oct 31 12 07:38 pm  Link  Quote 
Photographer
Maria Panina
Posts: 139
New York, New York, US


Toothpain sucks. Get better!
And feel free to say what you think
Oct 31 12 07:39 pm  Link  Quote 
Photographer
Fotografica Gregor
Posts: 4,066
Alexandria, Virginia, US


I can always use a good critique.  Hope you feel better soon. 

Cheers
Oct 31 12 07:42 pm  Link  Quote 
Model
MissEllie
Posts: 37
Brisbane, Queensland, Australia


I'm interested ^^
Oct 31 12 07:43 pm  Link  Quote 
Photographer
Fotografica Gregor
Posts: 4,066
Alexandria, Virginia, US


George Ruge wrote:
Yeeehawwwwwww!! This could get interesting!! As long as it's not just that Vicodin stuff, worthless junk the MD's give out like candy!!:-)))

I save up all of the "hillbilly heroin" to trade for eggs and butter when the economy crashes.   Lotsa guys in mining country unfortunately addicted to the stuff....

Oct 31 12 07:44 pm  Link  Quote 
Photographer
Margaret Hope
Posts: 840
Seattle, Washington, US


George Ruge wrote:
Yeeehawwwwwww!! This could get interesting!! As long as it's not just that Vicodin stuff, worthless junk the MD's give out like candy!!:-)))

I don't know understand how these photos are relevant to your skill as a photographer. It seems very random. Why the hell are you wasting the photo space for these photos? Post actual photos that show your craft.

http://photos.modelmayhem.com/photos/090412/18/49e298b1aa17a_m.jpg

http://photos.modelmayhem.com/photos/110515/21/4dd0a57f91005_m.jpg


This photo you have posted twice. Why? Is this a before and after shot? I'm confused.

http://www.modelmayhem.com/portfolio/pi … 5#26891965 +18

Looks like you are stuck with this scarf. Maybe you should move on to another concept.

http://photos.modelmayhem.com/photos/120701/12/4ff0aad5cd063_m.jpg


Love the lighting in this picture but either my drugs are kicking in or you did some really weird effect on this photo. Remember KISS (keep it simple stupid).

http://www.modelmayhem.com/portfolio/pi … 73#8743673 18+

Oct 31 12 07:44 pm  Link  Quote 
Photographer
GER Photography
Posts: 7,536
Imperial, California, US


Just a note, Aleve works allot better than Vicodin!! Hope you feel better
Oct 31 12 07:45 pm  Link  Quote 
Photographer
Margaret Hope
Posts: 840
Seattle, Washington, US


cubicmicron photography wrote:
I have some fashion images in there, Margaret.  Go ahead and rip me up if it makes you feel any better.

This photo. There's something off about this photo. The way you posed the llama her proportions are slightly off. Her hips look really huge and then the top part looks smaller.

http://photos.modelmayhem.com/photos/120611/00/4fd5a0bfadabb_m.jpg

WTF?!? Seriously? What is up with this styling? Please delete this picture. The styling really sucks. Not creative at all and looks very lazy. Like that you just tied scarves around her because you didn't have anything else.

http://photos.modelmayhem.com/photos/121028/20/508df7f866847_m.jpg

Bad photo of the llama. Her face looks fat. I also don't get what you were trying to accomplish with the necklace.

http://photos.modelmayhem.com/photos/121002/05/506adc1611fbd_m.jpg


Favorite photo of yours. The styling, posing, lighting everything. However I am not sure why but her leg looks transparent. Is that intentional? If so make it more obvious.

http://photos.modelmayhem.com/photos/120113/10/4f107261893d2_m.jpg

Oct 31 12 07:52 pm  Link  Quote 
Photographer
Margaret Hope
Posts: 840
Seattle, Washington, US


Maria Panina wrote:
Toothpain sucks. Get better!
And feel free to say what you think

I don't get it. Great location. You have a great variety in your portfolio of posing and just but then this photo ... you wasted your time to get this shot? You could've done something else.

http://photos.modelmayhem.com/photos/111127/23/4ed339bda5294_m.jpg

Again. In your portfolio you have a great variety of posing and then you come to this photo. Um the model looks bored and she is not "working it". Why would you post this photo?

http://photos.modelmayhem.com/photos/111116/13/4ec4297f75a50_m.jpg

Oct 31 12 07:55 pm  Link  Quote 
Model
Meghan Devlin
Posts: 661
Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada


All right, I'm in there! smile
Oct 31 12 08:02 pm  Link  Quote 
Photographer
GER Photography
Posts: 7,536
Imperial, California, US


Margaret Hope wrote:

I don't know understand how these photos are relevant to your skill as a photographer. It seems very random. Why the hell are you wasting the photo space for these photos? Post actual photos that show your craft.

http://photos.modelmayhem.com/photos/090412/18/49e298b1aa17a_m.jpg

http://photos.modelmayhem.com/photos/110515/21/4dd0a57f91005_m.jpg


This photo you have posted twice. Why? Is this a before and after shot? I'm confused.

http://www.modelmayhem.com/portfolio/pi … 5#26891965 +18

Looks like you are stuck with this scarf. Maybe you should move on to another concept.

http://photos.modelmayhem.com/photos/120701/12/4ff0aad5cd063_m.jpg


Love the lighting in this picture but either my drugs are kicking in or you did some really weird effect on this photo. Remember KISS (keep it simple stupid).

http://www.modelmayhem.com/portfolio/pi … 73#8743673 18+

Hehe!, the top one represents my belief, the second one is the love of my life and the third one I pushed pretty hard just to see what I'd get, there's another one from the same shoot with minimal post work in my port.

thanks!!:-)

Oct 31 12 08:15 pm  Link  Quote 
Model
NicoleNudes
Posts: 3,788
Toronto, Ontario, Canada


Sign me up
Oct 31 12 08:18 pm  Link  Quote 
Photographer
Maria Panina
Posts: 139
New York, New York, US


Margaret Hope wrote:

I don't get it. Great location. You have a great variety in your portfolio of posing and just but then this photo ... you wasted your time to get this shot? You could've done something else.

http://photos.modelmayhem.com/photos/111127/23/4ed339bda5294_m.jpg

Again. In your portfolio you have a great variety of posing and then you come to this photo. Um the model looks bored and she is not "working it". Why would you post this photo?

http://photos.modelmayhem.com/photos/111116/13/4ec4297f75a50_m.jpg

Both are my older work, so maybe it's time to do some cleaning-up. Thanks for the input!

Oct 31 12 08:25 pm  Link  Quote 
Photographer
Margaret Hope
Posts: 840
Seattle, Washington, US


Fotografica Gregor wrote:
I can always use a good critique.  Hope you feel better soon. 

Cheers

These following photos it just seems a little out of focus. I don't think my drugs are affecting my vision.

http://photos.modelmayhem.com/photos/120916/11/505618c7a979f_m.jpg
http://photos.modelmayhem.com/photos/120916/11/50561fb44c8e7_m.jpg

How many models have you worked with? It looks like you have only worked with only one or two models with very similar looks. Where's the variety? Blondes? African Americans?

Oct 31 12 09:20 pm  Link  Quote 
Photographer
Margaret Hope
Posts: 840
Seattle, Washington, US


MissEllie wrote:
I'm interested ^^

Your eyes look dead head on. Please work on that.

http://www.modelmayhem.com/portfolio/pi … 8#30313048 +18
http://photos.modelmayhem.com/photos/111130/03/4ed61aab38ad4_m.jpg

Posing and creating shapes with your body - awesome! I don't think you look great with long hair. Short hair is better.

Oct 31 12 09:22 pm  Link  Quote 
Photographer
Margaret Hope
Posts: 840
Seattle, Washington, US


Meghan Devlin wrote:
All right, I'm in there! smile

You have the same look in a lot of your photos. Squinting with your lips out. Why?

http://photos.modelmayhem.com/photos/120531/22/4fc8529110af9_m.jpg
http://photos.modelmayhem.com/photos/121030/23/5090c518552a3_m.jpg
http://photos.modelmayhem.com/photos/120806/10/501ffa1e588ff_m.jpg
http://photos.modelmayhem.com/photos/120604/13/4fcd1776c7752_m.jpg

Great angle, styling and all that junk but the pose is kind of weak. You are unsure how to hold the whip.

http://photos.modelmayhem.com/photos/100922/15/4c9a85ab9a518_m.jpg


Honestly I don't see any really strong photo in your portfolio. Everything is ok. Nothing sticks out like a sore thumb. Fortunately for you. You look tall. You do know how to pose but I just don't see any umph - I don't know how to spell that. Intensity. Pow!

Oct 31 12 09:29 pm  Link  Quote 
Model
MissEllie
Posts: 37
Brisbane, Queensland, Australia


Margaret Hope wrote:

Your eyes look dead head on. Please work on that.

http://www.modelmayhem.com/portfolio/pi … 8#30313048 +18
http://photos.modelmayhem.com/photos/111130/03/4ed61aab38ad4_m.jpg

Posing and creating shapes with your body - awesome! I don't think you look great with long hair. Short hair is better.

Thank you very much for your feed back

Oct 31 12 09:34 pm  Link  Quote 
Model
Maggie Xia
Posts: 452
Atlanta, Georgia, US


YES! Make it hurt pls smile
Oct 31 12 10:26 pm  Link  Quote 
Photographer
Margaret Hope
Posts: 840
Seattle, Washington, US


NicoleNudes wrote:
Sign me up

You seem to have a neck problem. The wardrobe seems to be hiding your neck, obviously but your pose is not helping at all. I know you have a thicker and shorter neck but you need to learn how to elongate your neck. That includes your neck in your avatar. 

http://www.modelmayhem.com/portfolio/pi … 1#26272431 +18
http://www.modelmayhem.com/portfolio/pi … 2#29501502 +18

The eyes are great in this photo but you are killing me with your lips. They look lazy. They don't match your eyes. Maybe do a smirk.

http://www.modelmayhem.com/portfolio/pi … 8#30070208 18+

Nov 01 12 02:10 am  Link  Quote 
Photographer
Margaret Hope
Posts: 840
Seattle, Washington, US


Emmiq wrote:
YES! Make it hurt pls smile

You're 5'2 and you look 5'2. That is very bad. A lot of photographers that are into fashion are not going to want to work with you just because you are short but if you could learn how to pose to make yourself taller then you would be amazing.

Get rid of this photo. Way too ghetto. Well actually its wannabe ghetto. You look 3 feet and the pose is awful. Its a wannabe ghetto model pose.

http://photos.modelmayhem.com/photos/121031/20/5091eb2777f1a_m.jpg

Great face but you need to work more on expression. Show some intensity in the eyes.

http://photos.modelmayhem.com/photos/121014/20/507b886f6314d_m.jpg

Nov 01 12 02:13 am  Link  Quote 
Photographer
Jorge Kreimer
Posts: 2,222
Los Angeles, California, US


Ok, I won't cry. smile
Nov 01 12 06:17 am  Link  Quote 
Model
Egle Aida Damulyte
Posts: 374
Vilnius, Vilniaus, Lithuania


i'm in if you're still going
Nov 01 12 06:46 am  Link  Quote 
Model
NicoleNudes
Posts: 3,788
Toronto, Ontario, Canada


Margaret Hope wrote:

You seem to have a neck problem. The wardrobe seems to be hiding your neck, obviously but your pose is not helping at all. I know you have a thicker and shorter neck but you need to learn how to elongate your neck. That includes your neck in your avatar. 

http://www.modelmayhem.com/portfolio/pi … 1#26272431 +18
http://www.modelmayhem.com/portfolio/pi … 2#29501502 +18

The eyes are great in this photo but you are killing me with your lips. They look lazy. They don't match your eyes. Maybe do a smirk.

http://www.modelmayhem.com/portfolio/pi … 8#30070208 18+

Thanks!

Nov 01 12 12:25 pm  Link  Quote 
Photographer
Fotografica Gregor
Posts: 4,066
Alexandria, Virginia, US


Margaret Hope wrote:
These following photos it just seems a little out of focus. I don't think my drugs are affecting my vision.

http://photos.modelmayhem.com/photos/120916/11/505618c7a979f_m.jpg
http://photos.modelmayhem.com/photos/120916/11/50561fb44c8e7_m.jpg

How many llamas have you worked with? It looks like you have only worked with only one or two llamas with very similar looks. Where's the variety? Blondes? African Americans?

Thank you for the critique -

I spent some time looking at the original images you referenced above and at full size they are razor sharp.  They printed razor sharp on publication as well.  My 800px images look just a hair less sharp on my monitor -  I am reducing a 36mp images here.   On my website they look sharp, but I agree with you that on MM they look a bit less sharp.  Interesting....

I have worked with 37 llamas.  I have credited 20 I think -  I don't credit them if I am shooting just for their port whether indie or testing with agency llamas.  This sampling does include blondes and ebonies as well.   

However,  I have managed my MM port so that for the most part only images of a quality that I found desirable.  Not every llama or every shoot produces this result.  Many have been in my port in the past and have been selectively removed over time. 

I will be adding more variety of llamas and publication quality images to my port when their editorials clear publications.  Some have a four month lead time lol. 

Your points are well appreciated.

Nov 01 12 12:49 pm  Link  Quote 
Model
Yin L
Posts: 264
London, England, United Kingdom


Yes please- so need it!

esp about what ugly things I should be removing!
Nov 01 12 12:59 pm  Link  Quote 
Model
Autumn Rose Brightly
Posts: 1,079
Crowley, Texas, US


Hope you feel better soon smile Go for it
Nov 01 12 07:56 pm  Link  Quote 
Model
Maggie Xia
Posts: 452
Atlanta, Georgia, US


Margaret Hope wrote:

You're 5'2 and you look 5'2. That is very bad. A lot of photographers that are into fashion are not going to want to work with you just because you are short but if you could learn how to pose to make yourself taller then you would be amazing.

Get rid of this photo. Way too ghetto. Well actually its wannabe ghetto. You look 3 feet and the pose is awful. Its a wannabe ghetto model pose.

http://photos.modelmayhem.com/photos/121031/20/5091eb2777f1a_m.jpg

Great face but you need to work more on expression. Show some intensity in the eyes.

http://photos.modelmayhem.com/photos/121014/20/507b886f6314d_m.jpg

Thank you for the feedback. I was actually didn't even think about trying to be ghetto. Could you give me advice on how to pose taller?

Thank you!

Nov 01 12 09:05 pm  Link  Quote 
Photographer
Margaret Hope
Posts: 840
Seattle, Washington, US


Yin L wrote:
Yes please- so need it!

esp about what ugly things I should be removing!

Get rid of this. It is creeping me out. You have no head.

http://www.modelmayhem.com/portfolio/pic/29857474 +18

I don't get how this is very sensual. The photographer didn't do a good job capturing sex and you don't look like you're about to have the big O.

http://www.modelmayhem.com/portfolio/pic/29566994 +18

Not very flattering. Your stomach looks weird.

http://www.modelmayhem.com/portfolio/pic/29520592 +18

Get rid of this too. You don't look like you are modeling. You look like you are just wearing the body paint if that makes sense.

http://photos.modelmayhem.com/photos/120805/10/501ea97303e02_m.jpg

Oh boy another stereotypical Asian in Asian attire. Get rid of it. I know you're Asian.

http://photos.modelmayhem.com/photos/120813/09/50292941651ae_m.jpg

Aside from that you have a great portfolio. Keep up what you are doing be more choosy about who you work with.

Nov 01 12 10:05 pm  Link  Quote 
Photographer
Margaret Hope
Posts: 840
Seattle, Washington, US


Autumn Rose Brightly wrote:
Hope you feel better soon smile Go for it

I hate your profile pic. Please get rid of it. I just see hipster glasses. No model.

Looks like you are sucking in your cheeks. Too much like a duckface. A good contour would make your cheeks stand out more.

http://photos.modelmayhem.com/photos/121004/22/506e6c6bc7afa_m.jpg

This is crap. Your face is hidden but it looks wide. No angles. Get rid.

http://photos.modelmayhem.com/photos/120915/20/50554de8a70e1_m.jpg

Honestly I don't like any of your photos but I think you do have a good start so far. Your profile says you are a curvy model but sadly I see no curves. You look very boyish. I want to see curves.

You have a lot of potential and I rarely say this on a forum but if you lived closer I would shoot you in the face.

Start buying fashion magazines, practice in front of the mirror. Google plus size models. Mia Tyler, Kerri Atkins and Christina Shields (the last two are plus size models in my area).


http://www.modelmayhem.com/779355

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set … 1079784171

Nov 01 12 10:12 pm  Link  Quote 
Model
Axioma
Posts: 6,762
Gent, East Flanders, Belgium


I hope you'll get better soon, and wouldn't mind a critique in the mean while. So please! (If I can return the favor let me know)
Nov 02 12 02:11 am  Link  Quote 
Model
Elesha Eden
Posts: 446
Southampton, England, United Kingdom


Hiya
What the hell am i letting myself in for ??
go ahead and let me know
xx
Nov 02 12 03:56 am  Link  Quote 
Model
Autumn Rose Brightly
Posts: 1,079
Crowley, Texas, US


Margaret Hope wrote:
I hate your profile pic. Please get rid of it. I just see hipster glasses. No model.

Looks like you are sucking in your cheeks. Too much like a duckface. A good contour would make your cheeks stand out more.

http://photos.modelmayhem.com/photos/121004/22/506e6c6bc7afa_m.jpg

This is crap. Your face is hidden but it looks wide. No angles. Get rid.

http://photos.modelmayhem.com/photos/120915/20/50554de8a70e1_m.jpg

Honestly I don't like any of your photos but I think you do have a good start so far. Your profile says you are a curvy model but sadly I see no curves. You look very boyish. I want to see curves.

You have a lot of potential and I rarely say this on a forum but if you lived closer I would shoot you in the face.

Start buying fashion magazines, practice in front of the mirror. Google plus size models. Mia Tyler, Kerri Atkins and Christina Shields (the last two are plus size models in my area).


http://www.modelmayhem.com/779355

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set … 1079784171
Nov 02 12 05:11 am  Link  Quote 
Photographer
JamesCareyPhotography
Posts: 8
Boston, Massachusetts, US


Oh, damn, I feel your pain! I just had a damned root canal yesterday, and even with the drugs, I do understand that you are not feeling like little Margie sunshine right now. Good luck getting over it all!
Nov 02 12 05:19 am  Link  Quote 
  Search   Reply



main | browse | casting/travel | forums | shout box | help | advertising | contests | share | join the mayhem

more modelmayhem on: | | | edu

©2006-2014 ModelMayhem.com. All Rights Reserved.
MODEL MAYHEM is a registered trademark.
Toggle Worksafe Mode: Off | On
Terms | Privacy | Careers