login info join!
Forums > Critique > recently started out. Would you work with me? Search   Reply
Model
Kimmi Fox
Posts: 81
London, England, United Kingdom


Based on my portfolio would you work with me? Is there anything on my bio that I should change to make myself seem more appealling? Am I too cheeky asking for rates to be paid for my nudes?
Nov 16 12 12:41 pm  Link  Quote 
Model
Mrs Foxy
Posts: 4,520
Waterford, Wisconsin, US


Even though I am just another model, I would work with you. Your nudes are great, you should be quoting rates. Just because you are newer to the game doesn't mean that talent shouldn't be paid. If the photographer is just as good as you though, thats where great TF teams are created.
Nov 16 12 12:44 pm  Link  Quote 
Photographer
Kyle Burnell
Posts: 104
South Berwick, Maine, US


Of course...you've got a great start. To bad we aren't on the same continent.
Nov 16 12 12:52 pm  Link  Quote 
Photographer
SPierce Photography
Posts: 19,581
Amherst, Massachusetts, US


I think you have a lot of potential- and right now would work trade (if you lived closer). I'm a sucker for crazy hair colors.

Like anyone, you have the right to charge for any nude shoots and any travel. It's a matter of your market re: getting paid what you'd like !

This'll all come in time, but try to fill out your port some more too.
Nov 16 12 12:53 pm  Link  Quote 
Photographer
Orca Bay Images
Posts: 32,233
Lodi, California, US


No. Too much ink for my preference. I don't shoot models who have significant tattooing on the neck or decollatage.
Nov 16 12 12:58 pm  Link  Quote 
Model
Kimmi Fox
Posts: 81
London, England, United Kingdom


Thanks guys.

All shoots so far have been semi nude at the very least, would like to start doing something clothed, but all the offers seem to be for nudes hmm


And not wanting to work with me because of my ink is cool smile I wouldn't want to work with a photographer who judges on body art, no offence intended smile

For every photographer who doesn't like it, there's one that does.
Nov 16 12 01:15 pm  Link  Quote 
Model
-Nadya-
Posts: 325
Houston, Texas, US


Sweet look, and loving the Lee-Lu colored hair! you'll get awesome work
Nov 16 12 01:21 pm  Link  Quote 
Model
Kimmi Fox
Posts: 81
London, England, United Kingdom


Nadezhda Repina wrote:
Sweet look, and loving the Lee-Lu colored hair! you'll get awesome work

Thank you! She was my inspiration for the hair wink

Nov 16 12 01:22 pm  Link  Quote 
Photographer
730372
Posts: 1,952
Abbeville, Alabama, US


Yup
Nov 16 12 01:23 pm  Link  Quote 
Model
Kimmi Fox
Posts: 81
London, England, United Kingdom


T B O L wrote:
Yup

Danke.

Like your work.

Nov 16 12 01:26 pm  Link  Quote 
Photographer
Creative Digital Imagez
Posts: 178
Yucaipa, California, US


Kimmi Fox wrote:
Thanks guys.

All shoots so far have been semi nude at the very least, would like to start doing something clothed, but all the offers seem to be for nudes hmm


And not wanting to work with me because of my ink is cool smile I wouldn't want to work with a photographer who judges on body art, no offence intended smile

For every photographer who doesn't like it, there's one that does.

I dont care what other people may think about your ink ........ Your FABULOUS!!!!

Nov 16 12 01:33 pm  Link  Quote 
Model
Kimmi Fox
Posts: 81
London, England, United Kingdom


Creative Digital Imagez wrote:

I dont care what other people may think about your ink ........ Your FABULOUS!!!!

Thank you!!! big_smile

Nov 16 12 01:34 pm  Link  Quote 
Photographer
DAN CRUIKSHANK
Posts: 1,786
Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada


I like your hair and I have no problem with tattoos. You have a good start to your port.

As for rates, I like keeping things simple, one rate period. I find statements such as "paid nudes only" ,or anything that suggests that the client must pay an extra fee for you to shoot nude, to be unprofessional. I also fear that it will attract unprofessional photographers who are simply willing to pay money to see you nude. If I were a model I wouldn't base my prices and willingness to shot tf on the amount of skin I show.

This of course is just my opinion, and for my current project I'm only looking for trade anyways smile
Nov 16 12 01:46 pm  Link  Quote 
Photographer
The Alternative Image
Posts: 4,129
London, England, United Kingdom


Yes I would, simples.
Nov 16 12 01:59 pm  Link  Quote 
Model
Kimmi Fox
Posts: 81
London, England, United Kingdom


DAN CRUIKSHANK wrote:
I like your hair and I have no problem with tattoos. You have a good start to your port.

As for rates, I like keeping things simple, one rate period. I find statements such as "paid nudes only" ,or anything that suggests that the client must pay an extra fee for you to shoot nude, to be unprofessional. I also fear that it will attract unprofessional photographers who are simply willing to pay money to see you nude. If I were a model I wouldn't base my prices and willingness to shot tf on the amount of skin I show.

This of course is just my opinion, and for my current project I'm only looking for trade anyways smile

Cheers for this info smile

Basing it on other models, they seem to have different rates depending on whether it's clothed or nude.

Not all models though, just some that I've seen

Nov 16 12 02:06 pm  Link  Quote 
Model
Kimmi Fox
Posts: 81
London, England, United Kingdom


The Alternative Image  wrote:
Yes I would, simples.

Very good to know smile

Nov 16 12 02:06 pm  Link  Quote 
Photographer
Dan K Photography
Posts: 5,409
STATEN ISLAND, New York, US


Yuppers
Nov 16 12 02:08 pm  Link  Quote 
Photographer
Drew Smith Photography
Posts: 5,209
Nottingham, England, United Kingdom


Should you stray north of Watford Gap please give me a shout! smile
Nov 16 12 02:14 pm  Link  Quote 
Photographer
B R U N E S C I
Posts: 25,319
Bath, England, United Kingdom


If you didn't have the ink, then maybe... smile

I agree with Dan about the "stripper rates" too - if you're good enough to be paid then you should be paid whether you take your clothes off or not.

That said, there's not a lot of paid work on MM for non-nude models, but asking for money only in exchange for nudity does give out rather the wrong signal and is likely to attract the wrong crowd. It's attaching a monetary value directly to your nakedness rather than to your talent. You should be paid when somebody wants to work with you but the images won't benefit your portfolio regardless of what you're wearing... or not!



Just my $0.02

Ciao
Stefano

www.stefanobrunesci.com
Nov 16 12 02:18 pm  Link  Quote 
Photographer
Yan Tan Tethera
Posts: 4,155
Biggleswade, England, United Kingdom


Drew Smith Photography wrote:
Should you stray north of Watford Gap please give me a shout! smile

Or even south of Watford Gap but north of Watford.

Nov 16 12 02:22 pm  Link  Quote 
Photographer
Nate Miller
Posts: 21
Warrensburg, Missouri, US


Yes absolutely.  Nice start!
Nov 16 12 02:27 pm  Link  Quote 
Model
Cole Morrison
Posts: 3,958
Portland, Oregon, US


Unique look, good pics. You should be shooting paid, but dont write off tf completely.
Nov 16 12 02:33 pm  Link  Quote 
Photographer
LLOYD WRIGHT
Posts: 664
Newcastle upon Tyne, England, United Kingdom


Kimmi Fox wrote:
Based on my portfolio would you work with me? Is there anything on my bio that I should change to make myself seem more appealling? Am I too cheeky asking for rates to be paid for my nudes?

yep i'd work with you

Nov 16 12 02:35 pm  Link  Quote 
Photographer
GoldRoseMedia
Posts: 2,934
NORTH BRUNSWICK, New Jersey, US


Kimmi Fox wrote:
And not wanting to work with me because of my ink is cool smile I wouldn't want to work with a photographer who judges on body art, no offence intended smile

For every photographer who doesn't like it, there's one that does.

The tattoos are a dealbreaker for me as well. And no one is "judging" you, it's just a personal preference. Would you label someone a judgmental person for preferring vanilla ice cream over strawberry?

Nov 16 12 05:00 pm  Link  Quote 
Photographer
Orca Bay Images
Posts: 32,233
Lodi, California, US


Kimmi Fox wrote:
And not wanting to work with me because of my ink is cool smile I wouldn't want to work with a photographer who judges on body art, no offence intended smile
For every photographer who doesn't like it, there's one that does.
GoldRoseMedia wrote:
The tattoos are a dealbreaker for me as well. And no one is "judging" you, it's just a personal preference. Would you label someone a judgmental person for preferring vanilla ice cream over strawberry?

Exactly, GoldRose.

I've shot tattooed models. I prefer less to no ink because most of my clientele are families and high school students (whose parents pay for the shots). I also prefer less ink because I prefer to shoot the face and figure more au naturel, not someone else's art.

But I specifically mentioned not wanting to shoot a model with lots of ink on the decollatage and neck precisely because it draws attention from the face. If an uninked model insisted on wearing a huge bib necklace she brought with her -- wouldn't shoot without it -- and it wasn't part of my vision for the look, I'd pass on that model. I'm not judging her or the necklace. I'm just in charge of my shoot.

Nov 16 12 10:13 pm  Link  Quote 
Photographer
Dark Shadows
Posts: 2,269
Miami, Florida, US


Yeah, I think you deserve a shot.
Nov 16 12 10:17 pm  Link  Quote 
Model
Kimmi Fox
Posts: 81
London, England, United Kingdom


Sorry for misreading your opinion as judgement smile

like i said, no offence was intended.

just I have come across a fair few people on here who do seem to judge/insult/ put down models who have tattoos.
Nov 16 12 10:35 pm  Link  Quote 
Photographer
intense_puppy
Posts: 864
Brighton, England, United Kingdom


You've got an amazing look - I'd work with you in a heartbeat. Looking at your port gave me a bunch of ideas for shoots I'd love to do with you.
Your profile doesn't come across pretentious, inhibited, stuck up or anything like that. You seem very down to Earth.

Only one thing I'd personally like to see and that' a little more range of expression. But that's a personal thing for me and something a lot of photographers couldn't care less about.
Nov 17 12 12:11 am  Link  Quote 
Photographer
Seismic Images
Posts: 519
Morisset, New South Wales, Australia


I love you....no i'm exaggerating...im more...IN love with you smile
Nov 17 12 07:28 am  Link  Quote 
  Search   Reply



main | browse | casting/travel | forums | shout box | help | advertising | contests | share | join the mayhem

more modelmayhem on: | | | edu

©2006-2014 ModelMayhem.com. All Rights Reserved.
MODEL MAYHEM is a registered trademark.
Toggle Worksafe Mode: Off | On
Terms | Privacy | Careers