login info join!
Forums > Off-Topic Discussion > pornstar or lawyer? Search   Reply
Photographer
Eastfist
Posts: 3,497
Green Bay, Wisconsin, US


http://news.msn.com/politics/ny-prosecu … porn-films

My personal opinion: it is irrelevant to his current work.  However, if he was a good pornstar, he's got nothing to be ashamed about.  It was the 70s, not something he shot last week.
Nov 16 12 07:04 pm  Link  Quote 
Photographer
Designit - Edward Olson
Posts: 1,626
Eureka, California, US


Eastfist wrote:
http://news.msn.com/politics/ny-prosecu … porn-films

My personal opinion: it is irrelevant to his current work.  However, if he was a good pornstar, he's got nothing to be ashamed about.  It was the 70s, not something he shot last week.

The real issue is that he lied about it during his campaign.

Nov 16 12 07:08 pm  Link  Quote 
Photographer
Cherrystone
Posts: 35,977
Columbus, Ohio, US


Designit - Edward Olson wrote:

The real issue is that he lied about it during his campaign.

They all lie to some extent. Depends on what one is lying about. If the guy is capable now, I don't care if his junk got on celluloid 40 yrs ago.

Nov 16 12 07:28 pm  Link  Quote 
Photographer
john_ellis
Posts: 4,375
Spokane, Washington, US


Eastfist wrote:
http://news.msn.com/politics/ny-prosecu … porn-films

My personal opinion: it is irrelevant to his current work.  However, if he was a good pornstar, he's got nothing to be ashamed about.  It was the 70s, not something he shot last week.

It sucks that he lied about his involvement in porn, but what sucks far more than that, is the fact that people feel they need to lie about their pasts.

We're such an overly-judgmental society.  I can definitely see why he would lie.

Nov 16 12 08:52 pm  Link  Quote 
Photographer
Orca Bay Images
Posts: 32,233
Lodi, California, US


It's not like he's a war criminal or anything like that. If anything, people should be concerned with his conviction record, which would reflect the effectiveness of him and his staff.
Nov 16 12 09:00 pm  Link  Quote 
Photographer
R80
Posts: 2,567
Marceline, Missouri, US


No relevance whatever outside of personal opinion of narrow minded people.

Too bad he couldn't have continued his more reputable career, but age ruins everything except some wines.
Nov 16 12 09:05 pm  Link  Quote 
Model
Jules NYC
Posts: 15,514
New York, New York, US


Chuckles

Who cares.
Maybe he'd make a better lawyer, knowing how to screw people.
Nov 16 12 09:06 pm  Link  Quote 
Photographer
JT_Shim
Posts: 142
Longwood, Florida, US


Orca Bay Images wrote:
It's not like he's a war criminal or anything like that. If anything, people should be concerned with his conviction record, which would reflect the effectiveness of him and his staff.

And here I think is where public opinion is another perverse incentive to bad behavior.
To wit, prosecutors seek convictions even when they know the accused is not guilty!
We should not be overly concerned with mere conviction rates but rather the legitimacy of convictions. Take "Snitch" as an example. Is convicting the innocent or almost innocent with TEN years really justice?

Example, would you like to be prosecuted and fined for a bona fide wardrobe malfunction even if it really was illegal? Accidents do happen. Do you want the prosecutors stats to look good at your expense when you're close to innocent?

What is this guy's MM#?

I only found this thread because I'm looking for an MM lawyer to address a legal question. OK let me post and ask here:  togs wants to shoot M material and gets 2257 from llamas and shoots appropriately. Is tog doing anything illegal under federal or state law if unemancipated minor?

Mar 11 13 11:09 pm  Link  Quote 
Photographer
Andialu
Posts: 14,029
San Pedro, California, US


Small Fruit Pits wrote:

They all lie to some extent. Depends on what one is lying about. If the guy is capable now, I don't care if his junk got on celluloid 40 yrs ago.

Wait, they had cell phones 40 years ago? Learn something new every day.

Mar 12 13 07:10 am  Link  Quote 
Photographer
-Ira
Posts: 2,176
New York, New York, US


john_ellis wrote:

It sucks that he lied about his involvement in porn, but what sucks far more than that, is the fact that people feel they need to lie about their pasts.

We're such an overly-judgmental society.  I can definitely see why he would lie.

Yep.  And now has to state he regrets being in porn.  I wonder if he really regrets it or just regrets the consequence of having other people judge him.

At least he is a man.  If this were a woman it would sooooo much more scandalous.

Mar 12 13 07:33 am  Link  Quote 
guide forum
Photographer
Robb Mann
Posts: 9,990
Baltimore, Maryland, US


So, Pornstar is a legal career, right? Shouldnt matter then. Just look at poor Miss Teen Delaware.
Mar 12 13 07:50 am  Link  Quote 
Photographer
sjx
Posts: 847
Boston, Massachusetts, US


quote for posterity...

Jules NYC wrote:
Who cares.
Maybe he'd make a better lawyer, knowing how to screw people.

Mar 12 13 04:11 pm  Link  Quote 
  Search   Reply



main | browse | casting/travel | forums | shout box | help | advertising | contests | share | join the mayhem

more modelmayhem on: | | | edu

©2006-2014 ModelMayhem.com. All Rights Reserved.
MODEL MAYHEM is a registered trademark.
Toggle Worksafe Mode: Off | On
Terms | Privacy | Careers