login info join!
Forums > Off-Topic Discussion > UFC 154 - Taking bets! Search   Reply
12last
Photographer
Ivan Monge
Posts: 315
New York, New York, US


St. Pierre by Sub.
Nov 17 12 05:03 pm  Link  Quote 
Model
Gabrielle Heather
Posts: 10,064
Middle Island, New York, US


watching the prelims now
Nov 17 12 05:11 pm  Link  Quote 
Photographer
Garry k
Posts: 26,987
Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada


Prelims are good except for the last one
Nov 17 12 06:52 pm  Link  Quote 
Photographer
Garry k
Posts: 26,987
Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada


Garry k wrote:
Prelims are good except for the last one

I wouldn't bet on the main event...too many unknowns

Nov 17 12 07:07 pm  Link  Quote 
Model
Gabrielle Heather
Posts: 10,064
Middle Island, New York, US


Hendricks was amazing
Nov 17 12 10:02 pm  Link  Quote 
Photographer
Damon Banner
Posts: 85,300
Hayward, California, US


so I'm placing bets now. 

GSP by decision
Hendricks by KO
menjibar by armbar...
Nov 17 12 10:15 pm  Link  Quote 
Model
Gabrielle Heather
Posts: 10,064
Middle Island, New York, US


Damon Banner wrote:
so I'm placing bets now. 

GSP by decision
Hendricks by KO
menjibar by armbar...

tool

Nov 17 12 10:30 pm  Link  Quote 
Photographer
Damon Banner
Posts: 85,300
Hayward, California, US


Gabrielle Heather wrote:

tool

I hate their music.

Nov 17 12 10:40 pm  Link  Quote 
Model
Gabrielle Heather
Posts: 10,064
Middle Island, New York, US


Damon Banner wrote:
I hate their music.

how dare you

Nov 17 12 10:49 pm  Link  Quote 
Photographer
Garry k
Posts: 26,987
Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada


GSP did Canada proud
Nov 17 12 10:50 pm  Link  Quote 
Model
Gabrielle Heather
Posts: 10,064
Middle Island, New York, US


Garry k wrote:
GSP did Canada proud

truly though........ if he fought Anderson............ how many rounds might you think that would go.......... and what would that look like. It's a fight I would watch, sure.... but honestly....? Do you think GSP would win? I'd give that 3 rounds perhaps.

Nov 17 12 10:55 pm  Link  Quote 
Photographer
Garry k
Posts: 26,987
Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada


Gabrielle Heather wrote:
truly though........ if he fought Anderson............ how many rounds might you think that would go.......... and what would that look like. It's a fight I would watch, sure.... but honestly....? Do you think GSP would win? I'd give that 3 rounds perhaps.

i hate all that stupid talk about him fighting Anderson ....there is a 20 lb natural weight difference ...Silva would do to St Pierre what St Pierre did to Penn ..
However Anderson has proven in his last fight that he can move up a weight class -that is a far more interesting proposition

but of course that wouldnt sell as many tickets

Nov 17 12 11:38 pm  Link  Quote 
Model
Gabrielle Heather
Posts: 10,064
Middle Island, New York, US


Garry k wrote:
i hate all that stupid talk about him fighting Anderson ....there is a 20 lb natural weight difference ...Silva would to do St Pierre what St Pierre did to Penn ..
However Anderson has proven in his last fight that he can move up a weight class -that is a far more interesting proposition

but of course that wouldnt sell as many tickets

did you not see them showing Anderson pretty much throughout the whole fight? And yes, UFC has taken a turn sadly more about what sells than what fights should happen according to plan. Did you happen to catch Chael's interview as of late? I wanna say that things started going amiss since, well, a wrestler came into the ufc. Like I mean Brock. Things have been going a bit off course since then. Thats just my 2 cents.

Nov 17 12 11:44 pm  Link  Quote 
Photographer
Damon Banner
Posts: 85,300
Hayward, California, US


The weight difference between them is more than 20 lbs.  I sat next to Anderson at an event and dude was over 220.   GSP stays around 185-190, tops.

Anderson has cleaned out his division, GSP, hasn't.  He did a year ago, but shit has changed.  Diaz is waiting, Hendricks is waiting, Fitch is chilling, etc etc.  GSP looked rusty tonight. 

All that said, if it happened, Anderson is too big for GSP.  period.  There is no real upside to that fight, except that it will sell.  It doesn't help the legacy of either fighter.
Nov 17 12 11:45 pm  Link  Quote 
Model
Gabrielle Heather
Posts: 10,064
Middle Island, New York, US


Damon Banner wrote:
The weight difference between them is more than 20 lbs.  I sat next to Anderson at an event and dude was over 220.   GSP stays around 185-190, tops.

Anderson has cleaned out his division, GSP, hasn't.  He did a year ago, but shit has changed.  Diaz is waiting, Hendricks is waiting, Fitch is chilling, etc etc.  GSP looked rusty tonight. 

All that said, if it happened, Anderson is too big for GSP.  period.  There is no real upside to that fight, except that it will sell.  It doesn't help the legacy of either fighter.

I love me some Fitch. I am SO very glad I missed the KO by Hendricks. I would have been a sad panda. Happy for Hendricks, but sad for my boy. I have always liked Fitch.

I wish that Lyoto would get his game right and tight....... then fight Anderson. That to me would be a superfight. I love me some Lyoto as well. I know their styles are similar, but when Lyoto is on, he is so amazing to watch. I REALLY want for him. Damn Jones! Superfreak! I say Jones/Anderson at some point......obv.....  but Jones needs to earn it more.

Nov 18 12 12:03 am  Link  Quote 
Photographer
DarrylPascoePhotography
Posts: 471
Toronto, Ontario, Canada


There is a somewhat legitimate fight if GSP is allowed the time to properly put on the muscle weight to move up. That being said, GSP has said that is the only way he would fight anderson is if he was deciding to properly put on the weight and he said that he would not want to bounce back and forth between weight classes. So if that is true where does that leave him holding the welterweight belt.

I think Anderson still would be too much for him but if GSP could properly put the weight on etc, he could potentially avoid getting KO'd long enough to get takedown and stay out of trouble....maybe....for a while lol.
I think Anderson is just too good though, but that doesnt mean the fight isn't worth while, and I still think GSP needs to move up or down a weight class and dominate there in order to be spoken of as best pound for pound so why not. 

Frankly I don't see anyone being good enough to take out Silva including Jones. Jones is as ready as he may ever be in the time frame of Silva's career still being active.

That fight is much more interesting and believe it or not more sellable at this point. With Silva already dabbling for a while now and making it look easy at the LHW division that is a much bigger superfight. The only reason people love the GSP/Silva match up is because of their pound for pound rankings on most lists. I just dont think GSP even properly putting on weight to fight at the middleweight level can handle a guy who dominates at not only MW but LHW too.
Nov 18 12 12:21 am  Link  Quote 
Model
Gabrielle Heather
Posts: 10,064
Middle Island, New York, US


DarrylPascoePhotography wrote:
There is a somewhat legitimate fight if GSP is allowed the time to properly put on the muscle weight to move up. That being said, GSP has said that is the only way he would fight anderson is if he was deciding to properly put on the weight and he said that he would not want to bounce back and forth between weight classes. So if that is true where does that leave him holding the welterweight belt.

I think Anderson still would be too much for him but if GSP could properly put the weight on etc, he could potentially avoid getting KO'd long enough to get takedown and stay out of trouble....maybe....for a while lol.
I think Anderson is just too good though, but that doesnt mean the fight isn't worth while, and I still think GSP needs to move up or down a weight class and dominate there in order to be spoken of as best pound for pound so why not. 

Frankly I don't see anyone being good enough to take out Silva including Jones. Jones is as ready as he may ever be in the time frame of Silva's career still being active.

That fight is much more interesting and believe it or not more sellable at this point. With Silva already dabbling for a while now and making it look easy at the LHW division that is a much bigger superfight. The only reason people love the GSP/Silva match up is because of their pound for pound rankings on most lists. I just dont think GSP even properly putting on weight to fight at the middleweight level can handle a guy who dominates at not only MW but LHW too.

we both just said the same thing, in different words. Yours being more direct I suppose. I agree with all of it.

Nov 18 12 12:30 am  Link  Quote 
Photographer
E H
Posts: 616
Calgary, Alberta, Canada


My thinkin is Anderson and Jones are the only two that are outside of the box fighters, that can/will and do think on the move. Just not the standard if this happens I have to do this, which GSP is extremely good at,,, BUT he has never been outside the box... Outside the box ends fights quickly,, AKA Anderson or Jones.
  These two are one in a lifetime fighters that happen to be living at the same time and in their prime,,, anything could happen/any time couldn't say anything for sure BUT who ever sees it,,, it will be their once in their lifetime fight....
Nov 18 12 01:37 am  Link  Quote 
Photographer
Garry k
Posts: 26,987
Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada


Gabrielle Heather wrote:

I wanna say that things started going amiss since, well, a wrestler came into the ufc. Like I mean Brock. Things have been going a bit off course since then. Thats just my 2 cents.

not clear what you are trying to say ...I have been watching UFC since the beginning and there used to be this fighter ( wrestler ) names Dan Severn ....

Nov 18 12 02:17 am  Link  Quote 
Model
Gabrielle Heather
Posts: 10,064
Middle Island, New York, US


Garry k wrote:
not clear what you are trying to say ...I have been watching UFC since the beginning and there used to be this fighter ( wrestler ) names Dan Severn ....

was he a star in the wwf? and then did he switch over into the ufc and really fast get a title shot? and talk all kinds of trash? like a wwf person would? it was like with Brock, slowly came other ticket selling ideas... a move towards a dark side.

Nov 18 12 03:27 am  Link  Quote 
Photographer
Garry k
Posts: 26,987
Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada


Gabrielle Heather wrote:
was he a star in the wwf? and then did he switch over into the ufc and really fast get a title shot? and talk all kinds of trash? like a wwf person would? it was like with Brock, slowly came other ticket selling ideas... a move towards a dark side.

No..but trash talking by fighters  in the UFC started long before Brock appeared ...it is also quite common in American Boxing besides being common in the wwf ..other sport dont tolerate it and

do we ever see UFC stars from Brazil , Asia ,Europe or other parts of the world behave like that ?

I blame Dana White for allowing it to even happen

Nov 18 12 09:08 am  Link  Quote 
Photographer
DarrylPascoePhotography
Posts: 471
Toronto, Ontario, Canada


Gabrielle Heather wrote:
was he a star in the wwf? and then did he switch over into the ufc and really fast get a title shot? and talk all kinds of trash? like a wwf person would? it was like with Brock, slowly came other ticket selling ideas... a move towards a dark side.

I know like many you may think that brock being a wwf/wwe entertainment star meant something...but I guess you do not know he was an extremely decorated NCAA wrestler. Two different things. Just because he was on tv providing entertainment does not mean anything at all, nor should it. It was a job, it does not discredit him as an MMA fighter. Rich Franklin was a teacher before stepping into the octagon, many fighters have jobs they are still doing when they get into the octagon, but I did not hear people bad mouthing Franklin saying.."what is that teacher doing in the UFC"

He was a big draw because of that job with the WWE/WWF whatever, but he was a talented wrestler who was very good at utilizing his size in MMA fights to control opponents on the ground and get finishes. I don't care what he did beyond that, if I am talking about his MMA career, and if trash talk made a fighter less of a fighter Sonnen must be the worst garbage fighter in the world to you lol.

I am not his biggest fan but I definitely give Brock credit for what he was able to achieve.

Nov 18 12 12:25 pm  Link  Quote 
Photographer
DarrylPascoePhotography
Posts: 471
Toronto, Ontario, Canada


Gabrielle Heather wrote:

was he a star in the wwf? and then did he switch over into the ufc and really fast get a title shot? and talk all kinds of trash? like a wwf person would? it was like with Brock, slowly came other ticket selling ideas... a move towards a dark side.

Watch some UFC from back when it first started in 93, check out how some of the guys acted and what they said at times. People like the trash talk, I think it can be overboard but its a fight and guys get excited and yes it sells tickets like it or not.

Nov 18 12 12:28 pm  Link  Quote 
Photographer
Svend
Posts: 25,127
Boulder, Colorado, US


Damon Banner wrote:
I hate their music.
Gabrielle Heather wrote:
how dare you

He's dead to me.

Nov 18 12 12:29 pm  Link  Quote 
Model
Gabrielle Heather
Posts: 10,064
Middle Island, New York, US


DarrylPascoePhotography wrote:
I know like many you may think that brock being a wwf/wwe entertainment star meant something...but I guess you do not know he was an extremely decorated NCAA wrestler. Two different things. Just because he was on tv providing entertainment does not mean anything at all, nor should it. It was a job, it does not discredit him as an MMA fighter. Rich Franklin was a teacher before stepping into the octagon, many fighters have jobs they are still doing when they get into the octagon, but I did not hear people bad mouthing Franklin saying.."what is that teacher doing in the UFC"

He was a big draw because of that job with the WWE/WWF whatever, but he was a talented wrestler who was very good at utilizing his size in MMA fights to control opponents on the ground and get finishes. I don't care what he did beyond that, if I am talking about his MMA career, and if trash talk made a fighter less of a fighter Sonnen must be the worst garbage fighter in the world to you lol.

I am not his biggest fan but I definitely give Brock credit for what he was able to achieve.

Of course fighters have other careers before ufc. I commend them for that. Not all of them did, but some did. The other careers have nothing to do with showmanship. Brock was a legit wrestler, yes, but also performed for the WWF. What he did have going for him in the UFC was his freakish size, speed, and sheer strength. He did not have the rounded experience or training an MMA fighter does. He played for a bit. One trick pony so to speak. He annoyed me. He had little respect.

I mentioned Chael above if you read. He is part of what I am talking about. I am not saying anything about his fighting, but about the matches being made. More power to the people who have them. Whatever sells. Good for ratings. I simply stated that there is a shift of interest in making fights. It's a fact. (in my humble opinion)

Nov 18 12 01:24 pm  Link  Quote 
Photographer
DarrylPascoePhotography
Posts: 471
Toronto, Ontario, Canada


Gabrielle Heather wrote:
Of course fighters have other careers before ufc. I commend them for that. Not all of them did, but some did. The other careers have nothing to do with showmanship. Brock was a legit wrestler, yes, but also performed for the WWF. What he did have going for him in the UFC was his freakish size, speed, and sheer strength. He did not have the rounded experience or training an MMA fighter does. He played for a bit. One trick pony so to speak. He annoyed me. He had little respect.

I mentioned Chael above if you read. He is part of what I am talking about. I am not saying anything about his fighting, but about the matches being made. More power to the people who have them. Whatever sells. Good for ratings. I simply stated that there is a shift of interest in making fights. It's a fact. (in my humble opinion)

Brock trained in all aspects of MMA just like other fighters have. I could name you an astounding amount of fighters who come from a background only in wrestling before training MMA. It is not unusual, in fact it is more the norm then kickboxers and strikers who transition to MMA to learn the wrestling and the ground game. Obviously he was stronger suited to certain aspects of MMA aka..wrestling. I believe you to be completely incorrect when you state

"he did not have the rounded experience or training of an MMA fighter does"

..he in fact did train in MMA and was an MMA fighter that statement is compeltely false. He was also one who beat randy couture for the title in his third fight, beat Frank Mir, one of the best heavyweight submission artists in the world, and submitted shane carwin which showed that even with his lack of experience in submissions compared to some was sufficient to win using it. Again am I saying he was a submission specialist or kick boxer etc no, was he the best Mixed martial artist in the  HW division over all in history hell no, but that doesnt mean he was not an MMA fighter or did not have the training to compete at a sufficient level as a fully functioning professional MMA fighter. As a matter of complete fact...he did do just that.

I don't believe it is a shift in fighting look up Tank Abbott, Kimo, etc, these guys talked a shitload, they all did. It is a shift in MMA becoming more mainstream popular so it is just more noticeable now because it makes news, not a shift in the UFC picking fighters to fight each other because they smack talk or because brock was previously in WWE. I don't understand those who make the claim that the only reason Brock was let in because of this WWE and they gave him the title fight because of it and just for ratings/ticket sales. He won so how can anyone claim he wasn't ready for it and he shouldn't have been given the shot legitimately.

and Sonnen doesn't get fights because hes a smack talker, he gets them because hes willing to fight pretty much anyone and hes very very good. I don't really like the guy but I give him credit, he is not afraid to fight anyone anytime, short notice etc.

Nov 18 12 03:07 pm  Link  Quote 
Photographer
Garry k
Posts: 26,987
Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada


ummm ,,,yeah

care to try and list any of the top Brazilian fighters who talk shit

who the fuck cares about either Sonen or Lesnar  - neither will make the hall of fame

maybe the hall of shame though

smile
Nov 18 12 03:20 pm  Link  Quote 
Model
Gabrielle Heather
Posts: 10,064
Middle Island, New York, US


Garry k wrote:
ummm ,,,yeah



who the fuck cares about either Sonen or Lesnar  - neither will make the hall of fame

maybe the hall of shame though

smile

you helped prove my point. Thank you

Nov 18 12 03:41 pm  Link  Quote 
Model
Gabrielle Heather
Posts: 10,064
Middle Island, New York, US


DarrylPascoePhotography wrote:
Brock trained in all aspects of MMA just like other fighters have. I could name you an astounding amount of fighters who come from a background only in wrestling before training MMA. It is not unusual, in fact it is more the norm then kickboxers and strikers who transition to MMA to learn the wrestling and the ground game. Obviously he was stronger suited to certain aspects of MMA aka..wrestling. I believe you to be completely incorrect when you state

"he did not have the rounded experience or training of an MMA fighter does"

..he in fact did train in MMA and was an MMA fighter that statement is compeltely false. He was also one who beat randy couture for the title in his third fight, beat Frank Mir, one of the best heavyweight submission artists in the world, and submitted shane carwin which showed that even with his lack of experience in submissions compared to some was sufficient to win using it. Again am I saying he was a submission specialist or kick boxer etc no, was he the best Mixed martial artist in the  HW division over all in history hell no, but that doesnt mean he was not an MMA fighter or did not have the training to compete at a sufficient level as a fully functioning professional MMA fighter. As a matter of complete fact...he did do just that.

I don't believe it is a shift in fighting look up Tank Abbott, Kimo, etc, these guys talked a shitload, they all did. It is a shift in MMA becoming more mainstream popular so it is just more noticeable now because it makes news, not a shift in the UFC picking fighters to fight each other because they smack talk or because brock was previously in WWE. I don't understand those who make the claim that the only reason Brock was let in because of this WWE and they gave him the title fight because of it and just for ratings/ticket sales. He won so how can anyone claim he wasn't ready for it and he shouldn't have been given the shot legitimately.

and Sonnen doesn't get fights because hes a smack talker, he gets them because hes willing to fight pretty much anyone and hes very very good. I don't really like the guy but I give him credit, he is not afraid to fight anyone anytime, short notice etc.

You really like Brock eh? He stuck around long. Once he got figured out and punched in the face he didnt like it. Nah nah nah nah nah nah nah nah hey hey hey goooooodbye. All he needed was some paint on his face. He didnt have the respect for the other fighters that he should have. He pranced on into UFC like he was something in the UFC already. You have got to earn that. People have to earn their place in life. He certainly acted entitled. Was he talented in areas? Yes. I recognized that earlier. Did he act like an asshat? Yes. Did he get beaten by someone who was better skilled and more versatile? yes. I rest my case.

Nov 18 12 03:49 pm  Link  Quote 
Photographer
DarrylPascoePhotography
Posts: 471
Toronto, Ontario, Canada


Garry k wrote:
ummm ,,,yeah

care to try and list any of the top Brazilian fighters who talk shit

who the fuck cares about either Sonen or Lesnar  - neither will make the hall of fame

maybe the hall of shame though

smile

Sure no problem....( I guess you dont watch much MMA otherwise you would know even Anderson Silva has) In fact most if not all of the top MMA fighters in the world historically have smack talked at LEAST ONCE before a fight (certainly not every fight). It is part of their job to promote the fight and its sometimes just because the other guy did and they were responding. Yep some fighters talk alot more than others (like sonnen) but to make the silly claim that "brazilian fighters do not smacktalk" is incorrect. I would agree they typically show more respect for their opponents and tend not to do as much of it.

Anderson Silva (and I loved seeing him get fired up it even surprised Dana and company)

Royce Gracie as well as Renzo and others

Wanderlei

Big Nog (claiming he would break the arm of Mir...that didnt turn out well for him) Also with Fabricio Werdum in TUF Brazil...guess you don't watch that either. You should it's great and the smack talk from the brazilain fighters and coaches is funny to see too...oh wait that don't do that...but....

Fabricio Werdum as stated above as example.

Jose Aldo (especially when facing Edgar)

Damien Maia

Thiago Alves

Antonio Silva (very recently in fact referring to a fight against Overeem)

Pedro Rizzo

Marco Ruas

Ricardo Arona


I could probably even go on if I really thought about it some more but you need to brush up before making claims like that. Looking back historically to MMA in the 90's they ALL smack talked. I was watching back when it wasn't mainstream and I haven't missed an event yet. (not just UFC either, any MMA organization that broadcasts fights)

Nov 18 12 04:23 pm  Link  Quote 
Photographer
DarrylPascoePhotography
Posts: 471
Toronto, Ontario, Canada


Gabrielle Heather wrote:
You really like Brock eh? He stuck around long. Once he got figured out and punched in the face he didnt like it. Nah nah nah nah nah nah nah nah hey hey hey goooooodbye. All he needed was some paint on his face. He didnt have the respect for the other fighters that he should have. He pranced on into UFC like he was something in the UFC already. You have got to earn that. People have to earn their place in life. He certainly acted entitled. Was he talented in areas? Yes. I recognized that earlier. Did he act like an asshat? Yes. Did he get beaten by someone who was better skilled and more versatile? yes. I rest my case.

No actually I was not and am not a huge fan of Brock, but I am a mixed martial arts fan. He did act like an ass but what does that point have to do with original argument you made that he was only brought in because it would be a ratings boost or ticket sell? All you have said here at all is ......Brock did not show respect at all times..agreed ..and? he did earn his place in the UFC hence why they allowed him to fight, hence why he was successful enough to beat some of the best at the time and umm I think you've earned and proven something when you win , and yes he got beat by a fighter that was better. ummmm I still don't get what your point is here? and nanana is for 5 years olds I don't care if he is gone or lost lol. I was only sorry to see that a fighter got sick and could not compete because of it, other then that ah well its too bad. He was great at certain things just not the top of the division for long that's about it. Still deserved to be there.

Nov 18 12 04:30 pm  Link  Quote 
Photographer
DarrylPascoePhotography
Posts: 471
Toronto, Ontario, Canada


Gabrielle Heather wrote:
You really like Brock eh? He stuck around long. Once he got figured out and punched in the face he didnt like it. Nah nah nah nah nah nah nah nah hey hey hey goooooodbye. All he needed was some paint on his face. He didnt have the respect for the other fighters that he should have. He pranced on into UFC like he was something in the UFC already. You have got to earn that. People have to earn their place in life. He certainly acted entitled. Was he talented in areas? Yes. I recognized that earlier. Did he act like an asshat? Yes. Did he get beaten by someone who was better skilled and more versatile? yes. I rest my case.

Next thing you will be telling me that because Rhonda Rousey is a smack talker she is a horrible fighter too. I am only guessing you know who that is.

Nov 18 12 04:35 pm  Link  Quote 
Model
Gabrielle Heather
Posts: 10,064
Middle Island, New York, US


DarrylPascoePhotography wrote:
No actually I was not and am not a huge fan of Brock, but I am a mixed martial arts fan. He did act like an ass but what does that point have to do with original argument you made that he was only brought in because it would be a ratings boost or ticket sell? All you have said here at all is ......Brock did not show respect at all times..agreed ..and? he did earn his place in the UFC hence why they allowed him to fight, hence why he was successful enough to beat some of the best at the time and umm I think you've earned and proven something when you win , and yes he got beat by a fighter that was better. ummmm I still don't get what your point is here? and nanana is for 5 years olds I don't care if he is gone or lost lol. I was only sorry to see that a fighter got sick and could not compete because of it, other then that ah well its too bad. He was great at certain things just not the top of the division for long that's about it. Still deserved to be there.

you like to hear yourself talk eh? welcome to the MM forums. (and yes I know who Rhonda Rousey is) No I dont think they are going to open up a womens mma section any time soon even though they have been talking about it more. Yes I know Dana likes her. Maybe they will feature a womens event. Nah nah nah nah. I am 32 and I said that. Not 5. Look at my profile. sheesh.

Nov 18 12 04:42 pm  Link  Quote 
Photographer
DarrylPascoePhotography
Posts: 471
Toronto, Ontario, Canada


Gabrielle Heather wrote:
you like to hear yourself talk eh? welcome to the MM forums. (and yes I know who Rhonda Rousey is) No I dont think they are going to open up a womens mma section any time soon even though they have been talking about it more. Yes I know Dana likes her. Maybe they will feature a womens event. Nah nah nah nah. I am 32 and I said that. Not 5. Look at my profile. sheesh.

You may want to go read some MMA news or something...they already have a womens MMA and have for a while (biggest one being within strikeforce). Which is owned by Zuffa although now it will no longer exist.

In the UFC Rousey has been signed already to a new contract to fight in the UFC. Dana has already stated there are about 5 potential fights already being made for her. Cyborg is the one that is most wanted. the 135 division is the only one White thinks can be held up so they want Cyborg to drop to 135. 

I guess I do like to chat and I rather like debate as well....but I prefer when the opposing side is more knowledgeable on the subject being argued when they are trying to tell me I am incorrect, however if I am proven wrong I certainly don't mind that either. It happens often smile

Nov 18 12 04:49 pm  Link  Quote 
Model
Gabrielle Heather
Posts: 10,064
Middle Island, New York, US


DarrylPascoePhotography wrote:
You may want to go read some MMA news or something...they already have a womens MMA and have for a while (biggest one being within strikeforce). Which is owned by Zuffa although now it will no longer exist.

In the UFC Rousey has been signed already to a new contract to fight in the UFC. Dana has already stated there are about 5 potential fights already being made for her. Cyborg is the one that is most wanted. the 135 division is the only one White thinks can be held up so they want Cyborg to drop to 135. 

I guess I do like to chat and I rather like debate as well....but I prefer when the opposing side is more knowledgeable on the subject being argued when they are trying to tell me I am incorrect.

That was cute. Im aware that the fight with Cyborg is the one people want to see. When those fights IN THE UFC start happening, we can talk. Thats what I was referring to. Fights being aired and contracted by the UFC. I am not gonna sit here and claim to know everything about fighting because I dont. In fact I just started watching fights about 5 years ago. I have tried to learn as much as I can in that time. Im not here to put my dick on the table, Im sharing my opinion.

edit: nvmd

Nov 18 12 05:00 pm  Link  Quote 
Photographer
DarrylPascoePhotography
Posts: 471
Toronto, Ontario, Canada


Gabrielle Heather wrote:
That was cute. Im aware that the fight with Cyborg is the one people want to see. When those fights IN THE UFC start happening, we can talk. Thats what I was referring to. Fights being aired and contracted by the UFC. I am not gonna sit here and claim to know everything about fighting because I dont. In fact I just started watching fights about 5 years ago. I have tried to learn as much as I can in that time. Im not here to put my dick on the table, Im sharing my opinion.

Okay well now I know what you meant, your original claim said they were not going to put a division in the UFC any time soon, I was just telling you they had already done it officially but you are correct no fight has happened yet in the UFC octagon. tongue

Sorry if I offended you that was not my intention, I sometimes forget in type it may come across more harshly then meant. I however will defend my position as I am sure you will too. tongue Its a great sport to watch and be a part of and you at least have alot more knowledge then the average armchair watcher yelling at the screen for blood. (alot of those...more so then the fan who is more interested in the technique and sport of MMA itself)

Do you take martial arts yourself at all as well?

Nov 18 12 05:08 pm  Link  Quote 
Photographer
Damon Banner
Posts: 85,300
Hayward, California, US


look.  this is an MMA thread.  You should just grapple it out.
Nov 18 12 05:13 pm  Link  Quote 
Photographer
DarrylPascoePhotography
Posts: 471
Toronto, Ontario, Canada


Damon Banner wrote:
look.  this is an MMA thread.  You should just grapple it out.

No way!! the heels would give her a huge reach advantage lol.  tongue

Nov 18 12 05:27 pm  Link  Quote 
Model
Gabrielle Heather
Posts: 10,064
Middle Island, New York, US


DarrylPascoePhotography wrote:
Okay well now I know what you meant, your original claim said they were not going to put a division in the UFC any time soon, I was just telling you they had already done it officially but you are correct no fight has happened yet in the UFC octagon. tongue

Sorry if I offended you that was not my intention, I sometimes forget in type it may come across more harshly then meant. I however will defend my position as I am sure you will too. tongue Its a great sport to watch and be a part of and you at least have alot more knowledge then the average armchair watcher yelling at the screen for blood. (alot of those...more so then the fan who is more interested in the technique and sport of MMA itself)

Do you take martial arts yourself at all as well?

no.

And about the womens.... they havent signed any other women to the UFC as of yet and have no fights scheduled for Rhonda. I am all about it though. They were saying maybe 6-8 fighters they may think of signing. Definitely 2 though. I think it will be a while before they get a "league" of women going is what I am saying. Rhonda would be the face of womens mma IN the UFC. The reason they fear doing it is because they dont want to put on half assed fights for viewing when the mens aspect has become so huge now. I can respect it. You also have the people that will talk about women and violence.. yada yada. As I said in another thread........ we are all pink on the inside.

Nov 18 12 05:30 pm  Link  Quote 
Model
Gabrielle Heather
Posts: 10,064
Middle Island, New York, US


DarrylPascoePhotography wrote:
No way!! the heels would give her a huge reach advantage lol.  tongue

I am really only a heel girl for show.

Nov 18 12 05:30 pm  Link  Quote 
12last   Search   Reply



main | browse | casting/travel | forums | shout box | help | advertising | contests | share | join the mayhem

more modelmayhem on: | | | edu

©2006-2014 ModelMayhem.com. All Rights Reserved.
MODEL MAYHEM is a registered trademark.
Toggle Worksafe Mode: Off | On
Terms | Privacy | Careers