login info join!
Forums > Off-Topic Discussion > UFC 154 - Taking bets! Search   Reply
first12
Photographer
DarrylPascoePhotography
Posts: 451
Toronto, Ontario, Canada


Gabrielle Heather wrote:
And about the womens.... they havent signed any other women to the UFC as of yet and have no fights scheduled for Rhonda. I am all about it though. They were saying maybe 6-8 fighters they may think of signing. Definitely 2 though. I think it will be a while before they get a "league" of women going is what I am saying. Rhonda would be the face of womens mma IN the UFC. The reason they fear doing it is because they dont want to put on half assed fights for viewing when the mens aspect has become so huge now. I can respect it. You also have the people that will talk about women and violence.. yada yada. As I said in another thread........ we are all pink on the inside.

yes rousey is the first UFC signed female fighter. They definitely dont have enough women for a full league with multiple weight classes. One or two though I think they can do that. Well the 135 they already know they can do. I agree they for sure don't want to be in the position of lowering standards if they don't have amazing female fighters coming in. makes sense. oh right the women and violence thing some will bitch about it but they wont be taken too seriously thankfully. They will work pretty quick next year to put that rousey fight on. I dont think it will take very long. I think shes incredible. As far as cyborg goes..that women scares me lol. I shocked shes ducking coming down to 135 I think she will have to. With strikeforce being taken out she will have nowhere to go and I'm thinking Dana doesn't want her unless its at 135.

Nov 18 12 05:41 pm  Link  Quote 
Photographer
DarrylPascoePhotography
Posts: 451
Toronto, Ontario, Canada


Gabrielle Heather wrote:

I am really only a heel girl for show.

Ahh Okay what would your cage entrance be ...music etc lol tongue

Nov 18 12 05:44 pm  Link  Quote 
Model
Gabrielle Heather
Posts: 10,064
Middle Island, New York, US


DarrylPascoePhotography wrote:
Ahh Okay what would your cage entrance be ...music etc lol tongue

wow........... thats a rough one...... lights would stay on. I dont know about music. I would have to see how that felt.... what kind of energy I would want to bring with me. Would you even hear the music over the crowd? Thats a big decision to make! My gut reaction was to say "Eye for an Eye" by Soulfly but that might not be what I need. Dana might not approve of the song anyhoo.

you?

Nov 18 12 06:12 pm  Link  Quote 
Photographer
DarrylPascoePhotography
Posts: 451
Toronto, Ontario, Canada


Gabrielle Heather wrote:
wow........... thats a rough one...... lights would stay on. I dont know about music. I would have to see how that felt.... what kind of energy I would want to bring with me. Would you even hear the music over the crowd? Thats a big decision to make! My gut reaction was to say "Eye for an Eye" by Soulfly but that might not be what I need. Dana might not approve of the song anyhoo.

you?

Yea it's tough and ohh ya they blast the music really really loud its still heard tongue my fav band is AC/DC so I would go with something from them. I would mix it up lol

Back in Black
Hells Bells
TNT

and that Soulfly song.. that would be pretty beastly music to come out to..right off the top too just booooom lol

Nov 18 12 06:52 pm  Link  Quote 
Model
Gabrielle Heather
Posts: 10,064
Middle Island, New York, US


DarrylPascoePhotography wrote:
Yea it's tough and ohh ya they blast the music really really loud its still heard tongue my fav band is AC/DC so I would go with something from them. I would mix it up lol

Back in Black
Hells Bells
TNT

and that Soulfly song.. that would be pretty beastly music to come out to..right off the top too just booooom lol

I have never been to an event. I am sure its loud...... I am just trying to imagine being a fighter and being "in it". I don't know how intensely in my head I would be... what I would be focusing on sound wise. Would I just hear the immediate people next to me? Would I hear a mix of things? Would I hear everything? These are things I would not know unless I was in the fighters position. Soulfly is far from my favorite, but they could certainly give me a certain motivation. Not sure if I would want that motivation though per se. I might want to be more comfortable in my skin. It would all depend. That was a deep question believe it or not! (for me) I take music seriously as well as wanting to represent myself correctly. I cant properly answer this question, but I gave you my gut answer. Something a bit more tame perhaps, and more rhythmic, but that could always fire me up. You have me thinking.

Nov 18 12 07:07 pm  Link  Quote 
Photographer
DarrylPascoePhotography
Posts: 451
Toronto, Ontario, Canada


Gabrielle Heather wrote:
I have never been to an event. I am sure its loud...... I am just trying to imagine being a fighter and being "in it". I don't know how intensely in my head I would be... what I would be focusing on sound wise. Would I just hear the immediate people next to me? Would I hear a mix of things? Would I hear everything? These are things I would not know unless I was in the fighters position. Soulfly is far from my favorite, but they could certainly give me a certain motivation. Not sure if I would want that motivation though per se. I might want to be more comfortable in my skin. It would all depend. That was a deep question believe it or not! (for me) I take music seriously as well as wanting to represent myself correctly. I cant properly answer this question, but I gave you my gut answer. Something a bit more tame perhaps, and more rhythmic, but that could always fire me up. You have me thinking.

Cool I have been to one it was crazy. I highly recommend going at least once. I do like having the luxury of seeing it on my screen in the comfort of home or with friends but there is noooothing like being there live. I have heard of fighters who don't care and let the UFC just pick, and others where it really gets them going. Guess yea it would depend on how you felt in the moment if it would even matter, if you would even hear it above your own thoughts etc. I also love music with no lyrics, there are several pieces of music that get my blood going when I hear them and for sure that's an option as well. Also is it something where if you do hear it...is it the lyrics that make you get going and think about what it is your there to do, or the music or both. Sometimes lyrics to a song will hit home but most people would be like ...what? if it were used as entrance music lol. I find music important as well and can be a very important representation of a person if they take it seriously.

Nov 18 12 07:30 pm  Link  Quote 
Model
Gabrielle Heather
Posts: 10,064
Middle Island, New York, US


DarrylPascoePhotography wrote:
Cool I have been to one it was crazy. I highly recommend going at least once. I do like having the luxury of seeing it on my screen in the comfort of home or with friends but there is noooothing like being there live. I have heard of fighters who don't care and let the UFC just pick, and others where it really gets them going. Guess yea it would depend on how you felt in the moment if it would even matter, if you would even hear it above your own thoughts etc. I also love music with no lyrics, there are several pieces of music that get my blood going when I hear them and for sure that's an option as well. Also is it something where if you do hear it...is it the lyrics that make you get going and think about what it is your there to do, or the music or both. Sometimes lyrics to a song will hit home but most people would be like ...what? if it were used as entrance music lol. I find music important as well and can be a very important representation of a person if they take it seriously.

if NY would stop being assholes and legalize fights here maybe I could see a damn fight! NJ is the closest.... or I could probably do Philli. Tickets are so damn expensive.......... and then there is travel. Wheres my personal jet? what the eff! Dana has to want me there! right? wink

Nov 18 12 07:38 pm  Link  Quote 
Photographer
DarrylPascoePhotography
Posts: 451
Toronto, Ontario, Canada


Gabrielle Heather wrote:
if NY would stop being assholes and legalize fights here maybe I could see a damn fight! NJ is the closest.... or I could probably do Philli. Tickets are so damn expensive.......... and then there is travel. Wheres my personal jet? what the eff! Dana has to want me there! right? wink

Send him a tweet on twitter!!!! lol He does answer, I have met him and had the pleasure of chatting with him for a bit.  I like him he is a straight shooter for sure. Got a good sense of humour too.

Just be like Dana...you want me at the fights trust me, and you want me there bad enough to give me a free ticket to a show near new york and I am a llama so I can llama with the fighters...lol

He does randomly give stuff like that sometimes. Never know!!! smile

Nov 18 12 10:15 pm  Link  Quote 
Photographer
Garry k
Posts: 26,412
Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada


DarrylPascoePhotography wrote:

Sure no problem....( I guess you dont watch much MMA otherwise you would know even Anderson Silva has) In fact most if not all of the top MMA fighters in the world historically have smack talked at LEAST ONCE before a fight (certainly not every fight). It is part of their job to promote the fight and its sometimes just because the other guy did and they were responding. Yep some fighters talk alot more than others (like sonnen) but to make the silly claim that "brazilian fighters do not smacktalk" is incorrect. I would agree they typically show more respect for their opponents and tend not to do as much of it.

Anderson Silva (and I loved seeing him get fired up it even surprised Dana and company)

Royce Gracie as well as Renzo and others

Wanderlei

Big Nog (claiming he would break the arm of Mir...that didnt turn out well for him) Also with Fabricio Werdum in TUF Brazil...guess you don't watch that either. You should it's great and the smack talk from the brazilain fighters and coaches is funny to see too...oh wait that don't do that...but....

Fabricio Werdum as stated above as example.

Jose Aldo (especially when facing Edgar)

Damien Maia

Thiago Alves

Antonio Silva (very recently in fact referring to a fight against Overeem)

Pedro Rizzo

Marco Ruas

Ricardo Arona


I could probably even go on if I really thought about it some more but you need to brush up before making claims like that. Looking back historically to MMA in the 90's they ALL smack talked. I was watching back when it wasn't mainstream and I haven't missed an event yet. (not just UFC either, any MMA organization that broadcasts fights)

please cite some actual examples of these fighters spewing verbal garbage equivilant to Sonnen, Lesnar et al

Nov 18 12 10:45 pm  Link  Quote 
Photographer
DarrylPascoePhotography
Posts: 451
Toronto, Ontario, Canada


Garry k wrote:

please cite some actual examples of these fighters spewing verbal garbage equivilant to Sonnen, Lesnar et al

Anderson Silva = I'm going to make sure every one of his teeth are broken, his arms are broken, his legs are broken.

"He's not going to be able to walk out of the Octagon by himself. I can guarantee that."

I can't be bothered googling the specific quotes for every fighter you can do that yourself as I dont have time at the moment.

As I also stated earlier just because what some fighters say will not be as much or as heavy smack talk as sonnen (most fighters are not near as verbally smack talking as sonnen hes known for it) it does not mean as you claimed in your post that "brazilians dont smack talk"   I gave you details in some cases as to who they smack talked against so google it yourself if you dont want to just leave it at that. I did this one for you for anderson (which happened to be a response to the smack talk from sonnen). Cheers.

Nov 18 12 11:49 pm  Link  Quote 
Photographer
Garry k
Posts: 26,412
Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada


lol, everyone knows that Silva's remarks were highly uncharacterisic of him and were only made in response to Sonnens continued verbal attacks against him and his country and the Brazilian people

as for your suggestion that i google to see which other Brazilian fighers practice or have practiced the Art of Trash talking - nothing much can be found sorry

but of course there's lots about Sonnen and Brock
Nov 19 12 12:21 am  Link  Quote 
Photographer
DarrylPascoePhotography
Posts: 451
Toronto, Ontario, Canada


Garry k wrote:
lol, everyone knows that Silva's remarks were highly uncharacterisic of him and were only made in response to Sonnens continued verbal attacks against him and his country and the Brazilian people

as for your suggestion that i google to see which other Brazilian fighers practice or have practiced the Art of Trash talking - nothing much can be found sorry

but of course there's lots about Sonnen and Brock

Firstly, does the fact that it was uncharacteristic change the fact that he did it? no. that also goes for others who may not do it as much but still do. and are you now changing your story to the Brazilian fighters tend to smack talk less then sonnen does and brock did? or still trying to convince me that they do not do it at all.

You must not have worked on it very hard (or at all). Jose aldo, big nog, damian maia, all big enough names easy to find wink in fact I will give you a hint as I did earlier, check out jose aldo smack talking frankie edgar.  wink

Nov 19 12 01:47 am  Link  Quote 
Photographer
Garry k
Posts: 26,412
Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada


i will concede that i should have said that Brazilian fighters smack talk far less than there American counterparts

Lets start off Monday in a Happy Space

smile
Nov 19 12 07:34 am  Link  Quote 
Photographer
DarrylPascoePhotography
Posts: 451
Toronto, Ontario, Canada


Garry k wrote:
i will concede that i should have said that Brazilian fighters smack talk far less than there American counterparts

Lets start off Monday in a Happy Space

smile

I accept that statement smile lol tis true.

Nov 19 12 08:50 am  Link  Quote 
first12   Search   Reply



main | browse | casting/travel | forums | shout box | help | advertising | contests | share | join the mayhem

more modelmayhem on: | | | edu

©2006-2014 ModelMayhem.com. All Rights Reserved.
MODEL MAYHEM is a registered trademark.
Toggle Worksafe Mode: Off | On
Terms | Privacy | Careers