login info join!
This thread was locked on 2012-12-26 06:30:18. Reason: This appears to have devolved into personal attacks.
Forums > Digital Art and Retouching > Petition-2012 Modelmayhem Member of the Year award Search   Reply
12last
Photographer
Chuckarelei
Posts: 9,276
Seattle, Washington, US


Now that 2012 is coming to an end. Those who are not mods and gatekeepers but did significantly made contribution to the site in such area as helping members through out the year.

My nomination and vote go to:
Peano

Anyone else?
Dec 20 12 05:05 pm  Link  Quote 
Model
Kozmina
Posts: 6,533
Colorado Springs, Colorado, US


Are you referring to only retoutchers?

If not, I'd nominate Paige Morgan for how helpfull she is to MANY,MANY members and how curteous she is when advising clueless newbs smile
Dec 20 12 05:46 pm  Link  Quote 
Model
Paige Morgan
Posts: 4,058
New York, New York, US


Kozmina wrote:
Are you referring to only retoutchers?

If not, I'd nominate Paige Morgan for how helpfull she is to MANY,MANY members and how curteous she is when advising clueless newbs smile

~blushes~ Why thank you!

Where have you been lady? haven't seen you on the forums in a minute smile

Dec 20 12 05:59 pm  Link  Quote 
Photographer
Chuckarelei
Posts: 9,276
Seattle, Washington, US


Kozmina wrote:
Are you referring to only retoutchers?

If not, I'd nominate Paige Morgan for how helpfull she is to MANY,MANY members and how curteous she is when advising clueless newbs smile

No, but I just thought I'll start here since this is one section that my nominee has helped many members. So mods, feel free to move this to the proper section.

Dec 20 12 06:15 pm  Link  Quote 
Model
Kozmina
Posts: 6,533
Colorado Springs, Colorado, US


Paige Morgan wrote:

~blushes~ Why thank you!

Where have you been lady? haven't seen you on the forums in a minute smile

You are so very welcome! You're always so helpfull and patient with everyone smile

I've been busy since I moved to CO with my new job(bartending at a hole in the wall locals joint and love it)meeting new friends and a new guy so I haven't been on as much.

ninja
I still lurk once or twice a week but generally in SB for the comic relief(did you see the explosion after election night?! Haha) but occasionally I peak at the other sections too. Plus I'm on here via my stupid smart phone and it sucks to type with. lol

Miss you bunches!

Dec 20 12 06:30 pm  Link  Quote 
Model
Kozmina
Posts: 6,533
Colorado Springs, Colorado, US


Chuckarelei wrote:

No, but I just thought I'll start here since this is one section that my nominee has helped many members. So mods, feel free to move this to the proper section.

Right on. I look forward to checking this thread to see other nominees. Great idea!

Id nominate you also to be honest. I've always thought you're posts to be helpfull and curteous.

Dec 20 12 06:32 pm  Link  Quote 
Model
AshleyDay
Posts: 29
Chapel Hill, North Carolina, US


Chuckarelei wrote:
Now that 2012 is coming to an end. Those who are not mods and gatekeepers but did significantly made contribution to the site in such area as helping members through out the year.

My nomination and vote go to:
Peano


Anyone else?

Honestly I can't think of ANYONE else in any forum who has helped as much as Peano.

There isn't a single model or tog that has spent more time than him working on things for people without asking or wanting anything in return.

Dec 20 12 06:37 pm  Link  Quote 
Photographer
Chuckarelei
Posts: 9,276
Seattle, Washington, US


Chuckarelei wrote:
Now that 2012 is coming to an end. Those who are not mods and gatekeepers but did significantly made contribution to the site in such area as helping members through out the year.

My nomination and vote go to:
Peano

Anyone else?
AshleyDay wrote:
Honestly I can't think of ANYONE else in any forum who has helped as much as Peano.

There isn't a single model or tog that has spent more time than him working on things for people without asking or wanting anything in return.

Right on. So your vote goes to Peano?

So far:
Peano: 2
Paige Morgan: 1

Keep'em coming.

Dec 20 12 06:40 pm  Link  Quote 
Photographer
Brian T Rickey
Posts: 4,004
Saint Louis, Missouri, US


Peano.    At least in this forum.  There is isn't much of a contest in my opinion.
Dec 20 12 07:26 pm  Link  Quote 
Model
Paige Morgan
Posts: 4,058
New York, New York, US


Kozmina wrote:

You are so very welcome! You're always so helpfull and patient with everyone smile

I've been busy since I moved to CO with my new job(bartending at a hole in the wall locals joint and love it)meeting new friends and a new guy so I haven't been on as much.

ninja
I still lurk once or twice a week but generally in SB for the comic relief(did you see the explosion after election night?! Haha) but occasionally I peak at the other sections too. Plus I'm on here via my stupid smart phone and it sucks to type with. lol

Miss you bunches!

Soapbox is the one section of the site I avoid.....I'd rather remain polite/friendly with everyone. big_smile

Miss seeing you around as well smile

Dec 20 12 08:29 pm  Link  Quote 
Photographer
Sonn
Posts: 337
Melbourne, Victoria, Australia


Another vote for Peano, he's helped me out with a few questions here.
Dec 20 12 08:38 pm  Link  Quote 
Photographer
toesup
Posts: 1,007
Templeton, California, US


Can I wade in with another suggestion for a nominee...

I'd like to nominate -B-R-U-N-E-S-C-I- MM # 470507 as the voice of reason within these forums..
His take on the situation brings everyone's comments in to sharp focus.. No pun intended..

Just my $0.02
Dec 20 12 08:53 pm  Link  Quote 
Photographer
DougBPhoto
Posts: 37,625
Portland, Oregon, US


Sendu

His indispensable contribution to all forums, I can't imagine trying to use the forums without him.
Dec 20 12 09:01 pm  Link  Quote 
Model
Paige Morgan
Posts: 4,058
New York, New York, US


DougBPhoto wrote:
Sendu

His indispensable contribution to all forums, I can't imagine trying to use the forums without him.

^This^ Without Sendu we'd have no working search

Dec 20 12 09:10 pm  Link  Quote 
Model
IDiivil
Posts: 3,920
Burbank, California, US


Sendu or Brunesci. I can't pick between them. DON'T MAKE ME PICK!
Dec 20 12 09:42 pm  Link  Quote 
Photographer
Gulag
Posts: 1,222
Duluth, Georgia, US


My vote goes to Peano.
Dec 20 12 09:48 pm  Link  Quote 
Model
Autumn Rose Brightly
Posts: 1,093
Crowley, Texas, US


Model Emily has been fantastic
Dec 20 12 09:55 pm  Link  Quote 
Photographer
xbe photographer
Posts: 167
Kaišiadorys, Kauno, Lithuania


Peano
Dec 20 12 10:50 pm  Link  Quote 
Photographer
dirkschmitz
Posts: 11
Trier, Rhineland-Palatinate, Germany


I vote for Peano.
Dec 20 12 11:01 pm  Link  Quote 
Retoucher
pxspace
Posts: 1,046
Braşov, Braşov, Romania


In the forums: Peano

Overall: Sendu
Dec 20 12 11:05 pm  Link  Quote 
Retoucher
Connie_G
Posts: 66
Berlin, Berlin, Germany


And another vote for Peano
Dec 21 12 12:19 am  Link  Quote 
Retoucher
pixel dimension ilusion
Posts: 1,229
Brussels, Brussels, Belgium


Peano
Dec 21 12 12:24 am  Link  Quote 
Retoucher
The Invisible Touch
Posts: 707
Tarragona, Catalonia, Spain


Peano
Dec 21 12 01:40 am  Link  Quote 
Retoucher
Pictus
Posts: 961
Teresópolis, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil


I do not know/use all the MM forum, but here in "Digital Art and Retouching" is Peano.
Dec 21 12 03:21 am  Link  Quote 
Photographer
richy01
Posts: 153
Amsterdam, Noord-Holland, Netherlands


Peano and Kronoslav
Dec 21 12 03:28 am  Link  Quote 
Retoucher
Solstice Retouch
Posts: 2,779
New York, New York, US


Peano.

For years, he has been continually helpful in so many ways. Every time I come here, he has a solution posted to a recent problem. He is so selfless and is always open to help. He may be the most technically knowledgeable person I've met here.

It would be amazing to see each of his responses to problems in a book, I'd buy it.

Collectively, so many people here help out so much, it's a great community.
Dec 21 12 04:49 am  Link  Quote 
Retoucher
ST Retouch
Posts: 289
Zurich, Zurich, Switzerland


I don't post very often on forum, but every time when I come on forum , I can see  2 great persons here, Peano and Krunoslav.
Great members, both are very helpful and polite persons  and the main thing is that  their posts are without mocking other members ( beginners which need help) .
My vote go to Peano and Krunoslav !
Regards!
Dec 21 12 05:59 am  Link  Quote 
Photographer
Ezhini
Posts: 1,590
Wichita, Kansas, US


Peano.
Dec 21 12 06:24 am  Link  Quote 
Photographer
365 Digitals Exposed
Posts: 743
Perris, California, US


richy01 wrote:
Peano and Kronoslav

big different here, Peano never advertises his business here,He does all for free smile the other guy is active in this forum only when he is ready to release  a CD new product, and his contributions cost at the end $200 plus smile but yes he will be my number Two in the list, sorry to morgan is the first time I hear from her.(my bad)

with  all respect  to kronoslav  my vote goes for Peano
Happy holly days to all

Dec 21 12 07:17 am  Link  Quote 
Retoucher
RON IMAGES EDITED
Posts: 481
Miami, Florida, US


P E A N O...
Dec 21 12 09:46 am  Link  Quote 
Retoucher
Rob Mac Studio
Posts: 1,105
London, England, United Kingdom


Peano Prolifico.
Where is His Modesty? Gone into hiding no doubt!
Dec 21 12 12:40 pm  Link  Quote 
Retoucher
Pascal Flor
Posts: 82
Berlin, Berlin, Germany


Solstice Retouch wrote:
Peano.

For years, he has been continually helpful in so many ways. Every time I come here, he has a solution posted to a recent problem. He is so selfless and is always open to help. He may be the most technically knowledgeable person I've met here.

It would be amazing to see each of his responses to problems in a book, I'd buy it.

Collectively, so many people here help out so much, it's a great community.

I can not agree more!

1: Peano
2: Krunoslav

Dec 21 12 12:50 pm  Link  Quote 
Photographer
Cherrystone
Posts: 36,044
Columbus, Ohio, US


Paige Morgan wrote:

^This^ Without Sendu we'd have no working search

+2

Dec 21 12 01:47 pm  Link  Quote 
Retoucher
Peano
Posts: 4,106
Lynchburg, Virginia, US


Rob Mac Studio wrote:
Peano Prolifico.
Where is His Modesty? Gone into hiding no doubt!

Thank you, and thanks to others for the kind words. I'm not as selfless as you might think. I usually tackle questions that involve things I need to learn. I discovered long ago that the best way to learn anything is to teach it to somebody else.

I'm not in hiding, just been writing ... finishing up a book. The bad news is it isn't a Photoshop book but a mystery (novel). Sorry 'bout that. sad

Dec 21 12 01:53 pm  Link  Quote 
Retoucher
The Invisible Touch
Posts: 707
Tarragona, Catalonia, Spain


Peano wrote:
Thank you, and thanks to others for the kind words. I'm not as selfless as you might think. I usually tackle questions that involve things I need to learn. I discovered long ago that the best way to learn anything is to teach it to somebody else.

I'm not in hiding, just been writing ... finishing up a book. The bad news is it isn't a Photoshop book but a mystery (novel). Sorry 'bout that. sad

Peano, I am sure whatever writhing it will be amazing!! Although there is a big market for you on the retouching world based on your knowledge!!

Thanks for your help anyway!! ;-)

Dec 21 12 02:19 pm  Link  Quote 
Photographer
WIP
Posts: 15,219
Cheltenham, England, United Kingdom


My nominations in the brig. So she'll have to wait till next years.
Dec 21 12 04:24 pm  Link  Quote 
Photographer
M Pandolfo Photography
Posts: 12,113
Tampa, Florida, US


Peano.

Anyone who can address the "how do I get this color grading look in this Emily Soto image" over and over has the patience of a Saint and gets my vote.
Dec 21 12 04:31 pm  Link  Quote 
Photographer
Dan K Photography
Posts: 5,409
STATEN ISLAND, New York, US


c_h_r_i_s wrote:
My nominations in the brig. So she'll have to wait till next years.

hard to win when you are in the brig for more then half the year.

I vote for Peano as well:)

Dec 21 12 04:53 pm  Link  Quote 
Photographer
DougBPhoto
Posts: 37,625
Portland, Oregon, US


I guess it would be helpful if we knew if this was a site-wide thing (as it first sounded) or specific to the digital retouching forums

Not saying I disagree with Peano if we are talking about posts in this set of forums, rather than the forums overall as the OP originally seemed.
Dec 21 12 05:54 pm  Link  Quote 
Photographer
Chuckarelei
Posts: 9,276
Seattle, Washington, US


DougBPhoto wrote:
I guess it would be helpful if we knew if this was a site-wide thing (as it first sounded) or specific to the digital retouching forums

Not saying I disagree with Peano if we are talking about posts in this set of forums, rather than the forums overall as the OP originally seemed.

i intend this to be a site wide balloting. I'm still waiting for the mods to chime in and move this to the proper section. i guess the mods are still waiting and see how many people participating in order to make this the 'official' thing. right, brian, dean?

Dec 21 12 08:15 pm  Link  Quote 
12last   Search   Reply



main | browse | casting/travel | forums | shout box | help | advertising | contests | share | join the mayhem

more modelmayhem on: | | | edu

©2006-2014 ModelMayhem.com. All Rights Reserved.
MODEL MAYHEM is a registered trademark.
Toggle Worksafe Mode: Off | On
Terms | Privacy | Careers