login info join!
Forums > Critique > Fun and Games > Critique One Thing About The Person Above You Search   Reply
first1234last
Photographer
RachelReilly
Posts: 1,699
Washington, District of Columbia, US


Too many photos, more diversity!
Jan 29 13 05:16 pm  Link  Quote 
Photographer
EdwardKristopher
Posts: 3,338
Tempe, Arizona, US


Rachel Reilly wrote:
Too many photos, more diversity!

You claim "Some Experience...?"

Jan 29 13 10:16 pm  Link  Quote 
Photographer
RachelReilly
Posts: 1,699
Washington, District of Columbia, US


EdwardKristopher wrote:
You claim "Some Experience...?"

More like very little experience!

As for you.. I'd invest in some travel lights since you shoot outdoors
And too study how to use available light to add the extr kick to your images
:-)

Jan 30 13 01:01 pm  Link  Quote 
Model
Leone P
Posts: 515
Batley, England, United Kingdom


Rachel Reilly wrote:

More like very little experience!

As for you.. I'd invest in some travel lights since you shoot outdoors
And too study how to use available light to add the extr kick to your images
:-)

Well i'm new to modelling and don't really know the first thing about photography so i wouldn't feel right ri[[ing into your images so what i will say is, I would love to see more vibrant colour in your port. Like this one:
http://photos.modelmayhem.com/photos/121021/17/50849a29bc07e_m.jpg

That's just my opinion though, i love colour. Especially with some nice make-up and brilliant lighting.

Hope that's ok, i think your port is really beautiful so i couldn't think of a single negative thing to say. smile

Jan 30 13 01:04 pm  Link  Quote 
Photographer
Glamour by Glenn
Posts: 930
Nashville, Tennessee, US


Leone P wrote:

Well i'm new to modelling and don't really know the first thing about photography so i wouldn't feel right ri[[ing into your images so what i will say is, I would love to see more vibrant colour in your port. Like this one:
http://photos.modelmayhem.com/photos/121021/17/50849a29bc07e_m.jpg

That's just my opinion though, i love colour. Especially with some nice make-up and brilliant lighting.

Hope that's ok, i think your port is really beautiful so i couldn't think of a single negative thing to say. smile

You're a very beautiful young lady. I'd like to see you work on your facial expressions a bit because you have the same one in almost every photo. Modeling is really a form of acting that in some ways is more difficult because you have to convey a feeling in one shot. Practice in a mirror with your cell phone camera and see what you are capable of.  smile

Jan 30 13 06:51 pm  Link  Quote 
Photographer
MCP Photography
Posts: 343
Frederick, Maryland, US


http://photos.modelmayhem.com/photos/120125/06/4f20177d53ebf.jpg

Overall very nice portfolio, this image and the textures on the skin areas is the only one that seems out of place to my eyes.
Jan 31 13 03:54 pm  Link  Quote 
Photographer
Jorge Kreimer
Posts: 2,204
Los Angeles, California, US


MCP Photography wrote:
Overall very nice portfolio, this image and the textures on the skin areas is the only one that seems out of place to my eyes.

Too heavy on  the post.

Feb 01 13 09:23 am  Link  Quote 
Photographer
EdwardKristopher
Posts: 3,338
Tempe, Arizona, US


Jorge Kreimer wrote:

Too heavy on  the post.

Should be in a Gallery!

Feb 01 13 09:00 pm  Link  Quote 
Clothing Designer
Chain Reaction
Posts: 529
Grand Rapids, Michigan, US


EdwardKristopher wrote:

Excellent taste in models!

Feb 04 13 06:53 am  Link  Quote 
Photographer
RachelReilly
Posts: 1,699
Washington, District of Columbia, US


I love the body chains

But seriously use better models/photographers
Feb 04 13 07:05 am  Link  Quote 
Clothing Designer
Chain Reaction
Posts: 529
Grand Rapids, Michigan, US


Rachel Reilly wrote:
I love the body chains

But seriously use better models/photographers

So when did you want to come by? big_smile

Seriously though, could you be more specific? How would you improve it?

Feb 04 13 08:03 am  Link  Quote 
Model
MartaBrixton
Posts: 976
London, England, United Kingdom


Chain Reaction wrote:

So when did you want to come by? big_smile

Seriously though, could you be more specific? How would you improve it?

http://www.modelmayhem.com/portfolio/pic/31233303 I think it would look better on curvy model with big breasts and some waist. This one is better:

http://www.modelmayhem.com/portfolio/pi … 7#27720246

And I agree you should find better photographer because these pictures are bad.

Feb 04 13 08:20 am  Link  Quote 
Photographer
Ty Lockhart
Posts: 107
Louisville, Kentucky, US


The chain outfits are very very nice. I have a model or two I'm gonna pass your mayhem # to. This is some hawt stuff!
Feb 04 13 08:20 am  Link  Quote 
Photographer
RachelReilly
Posts: 1,699
Washington, District of Columbia, US


Chain Reaction wrote:

So when did you want to come by? big_smile

Seriously though, could you be more specific? How would you improve it?

I'm giving you a general critique.
I do have a critique thread where ill go more in depth.

But you want to work with photographers and models who do a good Lon of selling the chains and I'm not getting that. I enjoy the pictures with the mannequins better

Feb 04 13 09:48 am  Link  Quote 
Photographer
MCP Photography
Posts: 343
Frederick, Maryland, US


Jorge Kreimer wrote:

Too heavy on  the post.

Was this for me, or Glen WC?

Feb 06 13 01:40 am  Link  Quote 
Photographer
MCP Photography
Posts: 343
Frederick, Maryland, US


http://photos.modelmayhem.com/photos/130128/15/51070f3850763_m.jpg

This image while nice doesn't fit for me with the rest of your portfolio. IMHO

Mo
Feb 06 13 01:43 am  Link  Quote 
Photographer
Jorge Kreimer
Posts: 2,204
Los Angeles, California, US


MCP Photography wrote:

Was this for me, or Glen WC?

For you.

Feb 06 13 12:41 pm  Link  Quote 
Photographer
RachelReilly
Posts: 1,699
Washington, District of Columbia, US


Critique: you don't have me as an assistant ....
Feb 06 13 12:44 pm  Link  Quote 
Photographer
RachelReilly
Posts: 1,699
Washington, District of Columbia, US


MCP Photography wrote:
http://photos.modelmayhem.com/photos/130128/15/51070f3850763_m.jpg

This image while nice doesn't fit for me with the rest of your portfolio. IMHO

Mo

You're so right! I'll be replacing it soon :-)

Feb 06 13 12:45 pm  Link  Quote 
Photographer
Jorge Kreimer
Posts: 2,204
Los Angeles, California, US


Rachel Reilly wrote:
Critique: you don't have me as an assistant ....

Aw, shucks! Thank you for your kind words.

Critique: Your subjects need to connect with the viewer.

Feb 06 13 02:57 pm  Link  Quote 
Model
Loona Wynd
Posts: 1,282
South Portland, Maine, US


Jorge Kreimer....Your nudes are fantastic and highly expressive while being very simple.

My one negative thought is your too far away.
Feb 06 13 03:03 pm  Link  Quote 
Photographer
MidnightSun Designs
Posts: 324
WINSTON SALEM, North Carolina, US


Loona, you take great 50s pinup stay away from bondage.
Feb 06 13 10:35 pm  Link  Quote 
Photographer
RachelReilly
Posts: 1,699
Washington, District of Columbia, US


MidnightSun Designs wrote:
Loona, you take great 50s pinup stay away from bondage.

I'd like to see more polished images

Feb 07 13 12:48 pm  Link  Quote 
Model
Autumn Rose Brightly
Posts: 1,063
Charlotte, North Carolina, US


Rachel Reilly wrote:

I'd like to see more polished images

Your shots are absolutely beautiful but I would like to see more colors. You have a couple that really pop and you should show off your color skills more smile

Feb 07 13 01:18 pm  Link  Quote 
Photographer
Jorge Kreimer
Posts: 2,204
Los Angeles, California, US


Autumn Rose Brightly wrote:

Your shots are absolutely beautiful but I would like to see more colors. You have a couple that really pop and you should show off your color skills more smile

Work on your expressions.

Feb 07 13 02:24 pm  Link  Quote 
Photographer
Camerosity
Posts: 5,023
Saint Louis, Missouri, US


Jorge Kreimer wrote:
Work on your expressions.

You're one of my favorite photographers on MM. You have a very distinctive and likeable style. You often come up with the unexpected. I've always thought that your best your work with Kelly Kickham. That says at least as much about her as about you. Your style has evolved somewhat since then. I'd like to see what the two of you could come up with as an encore.

Aug 25 13 03:17 pm  Link  Quote 
Photographer
Jorge Kreimer
Posts: 2,204
Los Angeles, California, US


Camerosity wrote:

You're one of my favorite photographers on MM. You have a very distinctive and likeable style. You often come up with the unexpected. I've always thought that your best your work with Kelly Kickham. That says at least as much about her as about you. Your style has evolved somewhat since then. I'd like to see what the two of you could come up with as an encore.

Thank you for your kind words. I relayed this message to Kelli, and she thanks you as well.
We should come up with something very soon. wink

Next poster, skip me.

Aug 26 13 07:55 am  Link  Quote 
Model
winking_wonder
Posts: 5,481
New York, New York, US


Camerosity wrote:

You're one of my favorite photographers on MM. You have a very distinctive and likeable style. You often come up with the unexpected. I've always thought that your best your work with Kelly Kickham. That says at least as much about her as about you. Your style has evolved somewhat since then. I'd like to see what the two of you could come up with as an encore.

I like the styling, colors and poses in your top 2 rows.

Aug 30 13 10:20 pm  Link  Quote 
Photographer
HO Photo
Posts: 515
Los Angeles, California, US


winking_wonder wrote:

A couple of shots in your port really do not flatter you an do not meet the quality level of much of the other stuff you're showing.

Aug 31 13 12:11 am  Link  Quote 
Model
Shirin McBennett-Sheen
Posts: 285
Sydney, New South Wales, Australia


Told you already that you have a great port!
I don´t like the lights in the picture first row on the right.

But i enjoy watching your port! wink
Aug 31 13 05:52 pm  Link  Quote 
Photographer
dd photography
Posts: 832
San Diego, California, US


Shirin McBennett-Sheen wrote:
Told you already that you have a great port!
I don´t like the lights in the picture first row on the right.

But i enjoy watching your port! wink

I think your top row is bringing down your port. Esp. the first pic. You have better images!

Aug 31 13 05:57 pm  Link  Quote 
Model
MonkeyL
Posts: 134
Leeuwarden, Friesland, Netherlands


I would like to see some diversity in the models you choose. They all have very similar looks, which makes me wonder if you just don't know how to make a good picture with a girl with blonde hair and light skin, or very dark skin.
Sep 02 13 05:07 am  Link  Quote 
Model
Faune Addams
Posts: 42
Vancouver, Washington, US


I would remove #4 from your portfolio, it doesn't fit in with the rest of your high fashion and glamour shots. Also, maybe improve the grammar on your profile? I really don't have much; your profile is pretty great.
Sep 02 13 07:18 pm  Link  Quote 
Model
Nicki Micki
Posts: 267
Charleston, South Carolina, US


Number 4 in your port looks cluttered
Sep 02 13 10:48 pm  Link  Quote 
Photographer
Camerosity
Posts: 5,023
Saint Louis, Missouri, US


Nicki Micki wrote:
Number 4 in your port looks cluttered

You have a nice and very versatile look. You could sharpen your posing skills, and you use the same expression a lot. You could benefit from working with better photographers.

Sep 03 13 04:18 am  Link  Quote 
Photographer
Open Eyes
Posts: 106
Bellevue, Washington, US


Great port overall!!!!  I like that not all the lighting is the same.  It shows some diversity.

My critique should be taken based on what your goal is.  Your pics are a bit edgy.  Not enough to appeal o the avant guard but just enough to leave the main stream wondering if you are the photographer for them.  This may actually define an untapped niche and if that works go for it but if you are wondering why you are not getting booked more lean more towards one or the other.

Just one man's opinion.
Sep 05 13 03:07 am  Link  Quote 
Photographer
Camerosity
Posts: 5,023
Saint Louis, Missouri, US


Open Eyes wrote:
Great port overall!!!!  I like that not all the lighting is the same.  It shows some diversity.

My critique should be taken based on what your goal is.  Your pics are a bit edgy.  Not enough to appeal o the avant guard but just enough to leave the main stream wondering if you are the photographer for them.  This may actually define an untapped niche and if that works go for it but if you are wondering why you are not getting booked more lean more towards one or the other.

Just one man's opinion.

I shot all the photos in the portfolio, if that's what you mean.

Thanks for the critique.

Next person skip me please.

Sep 05 13 03:11 pm  Link  Quote 
Model
Cynthia Serrano
Posts: 12,466
Newark, New Jersey, US


Open Eyes wrote:
Great port overall!!!!  I like that not all the lighting is the same.  It shows some diversity.

My critique should be taken based on what your goal is.  Your pics are a bit edgy.  Not enough to appeal o the avant guard but just enough to leave the main stream wondering if you are the photographer for them.  This may actually define an untapped niche and if that works go for it but if you are wondering why you are not getting booked more lean more towards one or the other.

Just one man's opinion.

Nice port overall your nude work is def your best genre I suggest being more selective about the work you put in there keep only your absolute best shots and toss the rest smile

Sep 05 13 05:19 pm  Link  Quote 
Model
Meow Kitty
Posts: 14
San Jose, California, US


Cynthia Serrano  wrote:
Nice port overall your nude work is def your best genre I suggest being more selective about the work you put in there keep only your absolute best shots and toss the rest smile

Great port! If anything maybe I'd change you avatar? I think you have much better pictures to represent yourself with.

Sep 06 13 03:54 pm  Link  Quote 
Photographer
dd photography
Posts: 832
San Diego, California, US


i see your portfolio and see no real direction, i ask myself what are you trying to accomplish or say as a model. what?

a gun toting xmas elf that eats something really bloody and gross, i'm guess a rodent that you shot? not sure

your first 3 photos show that you are beautiful and can seriously pull of a look if you really wanted to

put some effort into your brand and get serious, you have real potential
Sep 06 13 04:17 pm  Link  Quote 
first1234last   Search   Reply



main | browse | casting/travel | forums | shout box | help | advertising | contests | share | join the mayhem

more modelmayhem on: | | | edu

©2006-2014 ModelMayhem.com. All Rights Reserved.
MODEL MAYHEM is a registered trademark.
Toggle Worksafe Mode: Off | On
Terms | Privacy | Careers