Guidelines for Project 40+ Book #5: “Muscle & Fitness”
This is a book for the gym rats: bodybuilders, powerlifters, fitness competitors, bikini competitors, Ms. Fitness competitors, etc., or your stronger-than-average woman. It is not necessary to have competed in a sanctioned event to be considered for this book.
Contributors must fall into one of the two following categories (or both):
• Possess a degree of muscularity greater than the average woman, accomplished primarily through a rigorous workout routine.
• Have undergone a weight loss that resulted in a significant alteration in overall appearance, accomplished through a rigorous workout routine, strict diet, and lifestyle modification.
The types of pictures we’re looking for:
• Stage shots taken during competition. (Due to the inherent difficulties in locating photographers for a given show, waivers can be given on the ‘no logo’ rule; but quality must be an overriding factor.)
• Gym shots.
• Posed portfolio shots.
• ‘Before’ and ‘after’ pictures. (Due to the likelihood that ‘before’ pictures were not professionally taken, snapshots that don’t meet the preferred technical standards will be accepted.)
• Casual, unposed pictures that display enhanced muscularity will be considered on a case-by-case basis, although this is not the first choice of style.
In my travels, I’ve learned that nearly every woman who’s pumped some serious iron has a story to tell. And we want to hear yours! I strongly encourage all contributors to send in a narrative, or provide a link to a narrative, that tells how you got to this point. I would like to be able to do a work-up—an integrated bio and gallery—for every contributor.