login info join!
Forums > Critique > My turn, one of your photos. Search   Reply
12last
Model
Miroslava Svoboda
Posts: 555
Seattle, Washington, US


Alright so now I am sick and I want something to do. Give me a photo and I will tell you what I like and/or dislike about it. Keep in mind I'm not a professional and it's just my opinion based on my aesthetic preferences. smile

Let's make the cut off on this at 10 p.m. today, so that it doesn't go on forever. smile
Jan 01 13 08:39 pm  Link  Quote 
Model
Miroslava Svoboda
Posts: 555
Seattle, Washington, US


Might have to keep bumping it -_-
Jan 01 13 08:43 pm  Link  Quote 
Photographer
dhp
Posts: 111
San Francisco, California, US


I'll go--we're in the same city too!

http://photos.modelmayhem.com/photos/121222/23/50d6ac7318b39_m.jpg
Jan 01 13 08:45 pm  Link  Quote 
Photographer
Solus
Posts: 231
Dublin, Dublin, Ireland


Miroslava Svoboda wrote:
Alright so now I am sick and I want something to do. Give me a photo and I will tell you what I like and/or dislike about it. Keep in mind I'm not a professional and it's just my opinion based on my aesthetic preferences. smile

This one please http://www.modelmayhem.com/portfolio/pic/31128279 (18+)
Thank you smile

Jan 01 13 08:46 pm  Link  Quote 
Model
Autumn Rose Brightly
Posts: 1,097
Crowley, Texas, US


http://photos.modelmayhem.com/photos/121224/21/50d9360ae4044_m.jpg
This?
Jan 01 13 08:47 pm  Link  Quote 
Photographer
Joseph William
Posts: 2,017
Chicago, Illinois, US


One of these?

http://photos.modelmayhem.com/photos/120726/15/5011c2b0e2b6a_m.jpg
Jan 01 13 08:50 pm  Link  Quote 
Photographer
Brandon L Ingram
Posts: 40
Eugene, Oregon, US


Jan 01 13 08:50 pm  Link  Quote 
Model
Miroslava Svoboda
Posts: 555
Seattle, Washington, US


dhp wrote:
I'll go--we're in the same city too!

http://photos.modelmayhem.com/photos/121222/23/50d6ac7318b39_m.jpg

I love the composition of this shot, her styling and the setting match perfectly. On thing is I would change the expression or try to evoke a different one from the model. Her current expression speaks "I'm making a business deal" to me but it should match what she's wearing which would be, "I think I'd like to seduce you right now" smile

Jan 01 13 09:07 pm  Link  Quote 
Photographer
Poulsons Photography
Posts: 4,441
Duchesne, Utah, US


lets here it.  What goes around comes around.  Im ready.
http://photos.modelmayhem.com/photos/120625/22/4fe944306a204_m.jpg
Jan 01 13 09:08 pm  Link  Quote 
Model
Lela Jesse
Posts: 1,148
Arcata, California, US


What do you think of this?
http://photos.modelmayhem.com/photos/121216/19/50ce8ae6a49ac_m.jpg
Jan 01 13 09:09 pm  Link  Quote 
Model
Miroslava Svoboda
Posts: 555
Seattle, Washington, US


Solus wrote:

This one please http://www.modelmayhem.com/portfolio/pic/31128279 (18+)
Thank you smile

This is actually amazing, very creative concept and I love it. I think I'd like to pose a challenge and have them all facing and trying to emote their part of love, faith, and hope. smile

Jan 01 13 09:11 pm  Link  Quote 
Model
Miroslava Svoboda
Posts: 555
Seattle, Washington, US


Autumn Rose Brightly wrote:
http://photos.modelmayhem.com/photos/121224/21/50d9360ae4044_m.jpg
This?

Very lovely shot, i like the softness of the edit. Like the styling but it's missing something. There is a question I want to ask, "What are we doing here, why is she sitting there dressed like that?" Maybe some eyes contact or at least if the eyes are away some sort of movement or action would answer it for me.

Jan 01 13 09:14 pm  Link  Quote 
Photographer
Images by MR
Posts: 7,668
Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada


http://photos.modelmayhem.com/photos/120916/23/5056bf64d5c90_m.jpg
Jan 01 13 09:15 pm  Link  Quote 
Photographer
MM Nudes
Posts: 62
Los Angeles, California, US


What say you Miroslava??

http://photos.modelmayhem.com/photos/120425/22/4f98de22b0a42_m.jpg
Jan 01 13 09:15 pm  Link  Quote 
Model
Miroslava Svoboda
Posts: 555
Seattle, Washington, US


Brandon L Ingram wrote:
I'll give it a go!  Film..

http://www.modelmayhem.com/portfolio/pic/30532002

Oh yes! Love it. The expression on her face and her tattoos. Great feel here, just what I would expect from a shot like this.

Jan 01 13 09:16 pm  Link  Quote 
Model
B E A R
Posts: 474
Riverside, California, US


Jan 01 13 09:19 pm  Link  Quote 
Model
Miroslava Svoboda
Posts: 555
Seattle, Washington, US


Joseph William  wrote:
One of these?

http://photos.modelmayhem.com/photos/120726/15/5011c2b0e2b6a_m.jpg

Great setting, love the dark water and shadows in the contrast to the setting sun. The wardrobe is good and appropriate but I would have loved and expected a more ethereal and soft expression from the model or at least surprised.

Jan 01 13 09:19 pm  Link  Quote 
Photographer
Brandon L Ingram
Posts: 40
Eugene, Oregon, US


Miroslava Svoboda wrote:

Oh yes! Love it. The expression on her face and her tattoos. Great feel here, just what I would expect from a shot like this.

smile Thank you.

Jan 01 13 09:20 pm  Link  Quote 
Model
Miroslava Svoboda
Posts: 555
Seattle, Washington, US


Poulsons Photography wrote:
lets here it.  What goes around comes around.  Im ready.
http://photos.modelmayhem.com/photos/120625/22/4fe944306a204_m.jpg

This shot confuses me a little. On one hand the shadows, her expression, and body language including the big syringe with dark liquid tells me that it's supposed to be dark theme or mood; which it does have a feel of. On the other hand her immaculate costume takes away from that darkness. If I only looked at her styling I would say she should be in a lighter setting doing a lifestyle shoot. So I would change the styling up a little.

Jan 01 13 09:24 pm  Link  Quote 
Model
Demetra D
Posts: 1,133
New York, New York, US


Get well soon!
http://photos.modelmayhem.com/photos/121228/01/50dd682a96d96_m.jpg
Jan 01 13 09:28 pm  Link  Quote 
Model
Miroslava Svoboda
Posts: 555
Seattle, Washington, US


Lela Jesse wrote:
What do you think of this?
http://photos.modelmayhem.com/photos/121216/19/50ce8ae6a49ac_m.jpg

Very lovely! The mood, the styling, and her expressions tell me that she's in a dream or fantasy world, in her own mind. I find this shot very artistic and beautiful.

Jan 01 13 09:29 pm  Link  Quote 
Photographer
Poulsons Photography
Posts: 4,441
Duchesne, Utah, US


Miroslava Svoboda wrote:

This shot confuses me a little. On one hand the shadows, her expression, and body language including the big syringe with dark liquid tells me that it's supposed to be dark theme or mood; which it does have a feel of. On the other hand her immaculate costume takes away from that darkness. If I only looked at her styling I would say she should be in a lighter setting doing a lifestyle shoot. So I would change the styling up a little.

Good call.  Thank you.

Jan 01 13 09:29 pm  Link  Quote 
Model
Miroslava Svoboda
Posts: 555
Seattle, Washington, US


Images by MR wrote:
http://photos.modelmayhem.com/photos/120916/23/5056bf64d5c90_m.jpg

Awesome shot. The wardrobe or what I could see of it, the back ground and the curious/confused/perturbed expression bring it all together into one very lovely package.

Jan 01 13 09:32 pm  Link  Quote 
Photographer
Rik Williams
Posts: 3,426
Melbourne, Victoria, Australia


Do you like ?

http://photos.modelmayhem.com/photos/111101/00/4eafa19673e8c_m.jpg
Jan 01 13 09:34 pm  Link  Quote 
Model
Miroslava Svoboda
Posts: 555
Seattle, Washington, US


MM Nudes wrote:
What say you Miroslava??

http://photos.modelmayhem.com/photos/120425/22/4f98de22b0a42_m.jpg

Great edit; her pose and the background fit very well. Was the ribbon on her during the shot or was it added after? For some reason when I look at it I think after, it's a little stiff. I could be wrong and actually a soft ribbon on the model during a shot would take it up a notch. smile

Jan 01 13 09:36 pm  Link  Quote 
Model
Miroslava Svoboda
Posts: 555
Seattle, Washington, US


Bear wrote:
This one smile

http://www.modelmayhem.com/portfolio/pic/31083219

Bear! smile I love this styling, the attitude in your pose and expression. It's one great combination. One thing I don't like it's all the white in the photo itself, think it would be much better without it.

Jan 01 13 09:38 pm  Link  Quote 
Photographer
MM Nudes
Posts: 62
Los Angeles, California, US


Miroslava Svoboda wrote:
Great edit; her pose and the background fit very well. Was the ribbon on her during the shot or was it added after? For some reason when I look at it I think after, it's a little stiff. I could be wrong and actually a soft ribbon on the llama during a shot would take it up a notch. smile

Well take me up a notch Miroslava .... I threaded the ribbon over her body while she laid on the bed. In hind sight it probably should have been draped a little more loosely over her breasts, but hindsight is 20-20!

Thanks for your comments.  Get well soon and kick this new year into gear!!

Jan 01 13 09:41 pm  Link  Quote 
Model
Miroslava Svoboda
Posts: 555
Seattle, Washington, US


Vanisa Dimitrova wrote:
Get well soon!
http://photos.modelmayhem.com/photos/121228/01/50dd682a96d96_m.jpg

Beautiful shot and a beautiful model. Love the hair in this and the expression matches the hair. Hands, I have an issue with hands that don't make sense. I know that many use hands in beauty shoots and it ads an element to the shot but in this case I think it distracts. You expression doesn't tell me they should be there. I think an arm extended in the direction of where the hair is going would make much more sense because the expression almost calls for someone to go with you somewhere or to look at something. I hope this makes any sense, sometimes it's hard to express what's going on in my head.

Jan 01 13 09:42 pm  Link  Quote 
Photographer
DougBPhoto
Posts: 38,217
Portland, Oregon, US


I hope you feel better soon.

Feel free to say anything you'd like, but keep in mind I am aware there are a number of older images, which I plan to replace as I get new pretties.
Jan 01 13 09:44 pm  Link  Quote 
Model
Miroslava Svoboda
Posts: 555
Seattle, Washington, US


MM Nudes wrote:
Well take me up a notch Miroslava .... I threaded the ribbon over her body while she laid on the bed. In hind sight it probably should have been draped a little more loosely over her breasts, but hindsight is 20-20!

Thanks for your comments.  Get well soon and kick this new year into gear!!

Ok so it could be just what the ribbon was made of, there are some fabrics that fall a little softer and others that go over a little stiff.

Thank you, I'll try. smile

Jan 01 13 09:45 pm  Link  Quote 
Model
Miroslava Svoboda
Posts: 555
Seattle, Washington, US


DougBPhoto wrote:
I hope you feel better soon.

Feel free to say anything you'd like, but keep in mind I am aware there are a number of older images, which I plan to replace as I get new pretties.

Hi Doug! smile I would like you to pick an image that I would look at. I don't like doing the picking myself.

Jan 01 13 09:45 pm  Link  Quote 
Photographer
Tracy Zabriskie
Posts: 41
Los Angeles, California, US


Jan 01 13 09:46 pm  Link  Quote 
Model
Miroslava Svoboda
Posts: 555
Seattle, Washington, US


Rik Image wrote:
Do you like ?

http://photos.modelmayhem.com/photos/111101/00/4eafa19673e8c_m.jpg

Love it! The hat gives it character and a mood and her pose and expression complete it. Her hand actually makes all the sense in the world, I know I myself and other women I've seen naturally could be found in such a pose with a similar expression. Great shot!

Jan 01 13 09:48 pm  Link  Quote 
Photographer
DougBPhoto
Posts: 38,217
Portland, Oregon, US


Miroslava Svoboda wrote:
Hi Doug! smile I would like you to pick an image that I would look at. I don't like doing the picking myself.

http://photos.modelmayhem.com/photos/110308/15/4d76b79a50cc3_m.jpg

As you wish.  smile 

I understand not liking doing the picking, neither to I, but I will gladly take your thoughts regarding this one.

As I said though, if there is one that you wish I had picked, I won't hold you to your own rules!! wink

Jan 01 13 09:50 pm  Link  Quote 
Model
Miroslava Svoboda
Posts: 555
Seattle, Washington, US


Tracy Zabriskie wrote:
This one:

http://www.modelmayhem.com/portfolio/pic/31074704

Love the concept and the way how the model's hair and the horse's mane are swept aside. Great skies! Only one but, the crop, I think that I should be able to see the whole animal or at least it's head. The model isn't exactly the focus here, it's more like the model and the animal together. I don't want to get technical because I am not experienced in that but it seems that either it needs to be cropped tighter on a model or looser to include the second model.

Jan 01 13 09:51 pm  Link  Quote 
Photographer
Rik Williams
Posts: 3,426
Melbourne, Victoria, Australia


Miroslava Svoboda wrote:

Love it! The hat gives it character and a mood and her pose and expression complete it. Her hand actually makes all the sense in the world, I know I myself and other women I've seen naturally could be found in such a pose with a similar expression. Great shot!

Alright!! High fives all round!!!

Thank you for such positive feedback smile you've gone and made me blush (not a common occurrence let me say)

I hope your bout of illness passes quickly and you're back on your feet soon.

Happy new year xx

Jan 01 13 09:53 pm  Link  Quote 
Model
Miroslava Svoboda
Posts: 555
Seattle, Washington, US


DougBPhoto wrote:
http://photos.modelmayhem.com/photos/110308/15/4d76b79a50cc3_m.jpg

As you wish.  smile 

I understand not liking doing the picking, neither to I, but I will gladly take your thoughts regarding this one.

As I said though, if there is one that you wish I had picked, I won't hold you to your own rules!! wink

I really like this shot, i like her posing and her expression. I think the only thing I have an issue with is styling. The reason why I picked styling over posing is because you're a photographer so I believe you have your objective of creating a mood and feel of the photo established if it was a model i was doing this for I would say change the pose.

I have an issue with her waist line. That dress is beautiful and fits well but in that pose with that feel the styling needs more to accentuate her waist. It can be done with different posing but we don't want to mess with the posing in this case so an accessory or an addition piece to her wardrobe can take care of it on the styling side.

Jan 01 13 09:57 pm  Link  Quote 
Model
Miroslava Svoboda
Posts: 555
Seattle, Washington, US


Rik Image wrote:
I hope your bout of illness passes quickly and you're back on your feet soon.

Happy new year xx

Thank you and Happy New Year to you as well! smile

Jan 01 13 09:58 pm  Link  Quote 
Model
Miroslava Svoboda
Posts: 555
Seattle, Washington, US


And that's a wrap, it's 10 p.m. no more new submissions but the discussion can continue smile
Jan 01 13 10:00 pm  Link  Quote 
Model
Demetra D
Posts: 1,133
New York, New York, US


Miroslava Svoboda wrote:

Beautiful shot and a beautiful model. Love the hair in this and the expression matches the hair. Hands, I have an issue with hands that don't make sense. I know that many use hands in beauty shoots and it ads an element to the shot but in this case I think it distracts. You expression doesn't tell me they should be there. I think an arm extended in the direction of where the hair is going would make much more sense because the expression almost calls for someone to go with you somewhere or to look at something. I hope this makes any sense, sometimes it's hard to express what's going on in my head.

Thank you! It does make sense.

Jan 01 13 10:00 pm  Link  Quote 
12last   Search   Reply