login info join!
Forums > Digital Art and Retouching > DAR Critiques > Rollover Retouch Critique Search   Reply
Retoucher
Laura EB
Posts: 65
Rochester, New York, US


I feel I'm still kinda new at retouching but would love to hear some feedback.  So here's a link for a rollover retouch of two beauty images I took, lemme know what you think!

http://ariadnese.deviantart.com/#/d5qcp2j
Jan 08 13 10:35 am  Link  Quote 
Photographer
Lars R Peterson
Posts: 1,073
Seattle, Washington, US


Great! Nicely done...
I personally like the hard edge to the lips in the left image... but I think the way you did them on the right is more natural looking. Same with the line under the eyes on the left image.
I really like the way you did her lids in the image on the right! They did not look very good before... colors or texture, but you made them look awesome!
big_smile
Jan 08 13 10:47 am  Link  Quote 
Retoucher
ChelleyCredible Retouch
Posts: 461
Boston, Massachusetts, US


Holy goodness!

What a HUGE transformation. Great work!

Only spot that's distracting to me is near the end of the right eyebrow.
Jan 09 13 06:43 pm  Link  Quote 
Retoucher
Laura EB
Posts: 65
Rochester, New York, US


ChelleyCredible wrote:
Holy goodness!

What a HUGE transformation. Great work!

Only spot that's distracting to me is near the end of the right eyebrow.

Thanks for the feedback!  I'll definitely watch out for that in the future smile

Jan 10 13 09:17 am  Link  Quote 
Retoucher
Laura EB
Posts: 65
Rochester, New York, US


Lars R Peterson wrote:
Great! Nicely done...
I personally like the hard edge to the lips in the left image... but I think the way you did them on the right is more natural looking. Same with the line under the eyes on the left image.
I really like the way you did her lids in the image on the right! They did not look very good before... colors or texture, but you made them look awesome!
big_smile

Thanks so much!  The glossy eyes were quite the challenge for me to edit (and it doesn't help that I'm not the best makeup artist lol) but I absolutely love that look so I'm glad to hear they turned out well.

Jan 10 13 09:20 am  Link  Quote 
Photographer
sammyspade
Posts: 98
Portland, Oregon, US


Wow!  If you want to practice on anything in my port I'd be happy to send you the RAW.
Jan 10 13 09:36 am  Link  Quote 
Retoucher
Laura EB
Posts: 65
Rochester, New York, US


sammyspade wrote:
Wow!  If you want to practice on anything in my port I'd be happy to send you the RAW.

Unfortunately I'm too busy right now with my own photography work to do trades but thanks for the offer!

Jan 13 13 07:46 am  Link  Quote 
  Search   Reply