login info join!
Forums > Digital Art and Retouching > AMY DRESSER Webinar - Jan 15 2013 Search   Reply
Photographer
Ronald N. Tan
Posts: 2,739
Los Angeles, California, US


I received the message from the PhotoShelter newsletter and wanted to pass along the links:

http://www.photoshelter.com/mkt/201301/20130114.html

https://www2.gotomeeting.com/register/314840410

http://www.photoshelter.com/mkt/201301/img/webinar-header.jpg
Jan 14 13 07:52 am  Link  Quote 
Photographer
Valenten Photography
Posts: 265
Balikpapan, Kalimantan Timur, Indonesia


Thanks a lot, just registered smile
Jan 14 13 08:02 am  Link  Quote 
Photographer
DaVincent Photography
Posts: 13
Southampton, England, United Kingdom


Interesting, registered ta!
Jan 14 13 02:05 pm  Link  Quote 
Photographer
NYC fine art nudes
Posts: 155
New York, New York, US


Forget it, they've reached the "1,000" limit.
Jan 14 13 02:15 pm  Link  Quote 
Retoucher
Retouch007
Posts: 403
East Newark, New Jersey, US


She has several 2hr webinars on Retouchpro.com I have seen a couple and they are insightful to get a feel for another retouchers workflow and style. I think its worth watching you might learn a thing or two.
Jan 14 13 02:31 pm  Link  Quote 
Retoucher
Rpixretouching
Posts: 354
Perris, California, US


No worries for those who didn't make it, here are something  to play with.
if you wish to learn something similar to the image above
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KihzxYTofLI Spanish and English
Jan 14 13 09:45 pm  Link  Quote 
Retoucher
Alexey Adamitsky
Posts: 226
Minsk, Minsk, Belarus


The webinar was quite interesting. Amy is a charmer as always, but didn't say much new for those who watched her RetouchPRO LIVE videos. In fact you won't get deeper understanding of her workflow from this video. Just general info which is really basic yet still interesting to hear about. But as Amy keeps repeating tirelessly there is no special tricks in her techniques, but a good mix of art education and necessity to use Photoshop basic tools in her work which she learned in the process when was hired by Jill Greenberg if I recall it right.

If you missed the webinar you can watch it on PhotoShelter when it's available today.

Also I feel like this one is a lot more interesting presentation by Amy:
http://www.photoshelter.com/luminance/videos/dresser
Jan 15 13 11:29 pm  Link  Quote 
Digital Artist
Joe Diamond
Posts: 286
Bucharest, Bucharest, Romania


Rpixretouching wrote:
No worries for those who didn't make it, here are something  to play with.
if you wish to learn something similar to the image above
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KihzxYTofLI Spanish and English

In my opinion that's a horrible composition, from blending to effects...also those examples besides the light that retoucher is using, so called disintegration is very bad realized. Its far from realistic and its random, personally i find it beginner.


http://mosk.deviantart.com/gallery/#/d4tk1z2

Jan 16 13 12:53 am  Link  Quote 
Retoucher
Rpixretouching
Posts: 354
Perris, California, US


Joe Diamond wrote:
In my opinion that's a horrible composition, from blending to effects...also those examples besides the light that retoucher is using, so called disintegration is very bad realized. Its far from realistic and its random, personally i find it beginner.


http://mosk.deviantart.com/gallery/#/d4tk1z2

Get what the program dear...., this is about  the techniques this guy uses, not  about the composition , I see you always giving unsolicited value  judgement, and at the same time  stating in your port, you wont teach or create any tutorial about your work, witch does not impress me too much either,
I'm sure few beginners will learn something watching this videos.

the creator of these tutorials is very  generous, and not selfish.  He shares all his techniques and knowledge for people willing to learn good stuff. 39.659 followers , makes me think this guy knows what he is doing.


This is for the readers looking for great tutorials online, this guy has English and Spanish video tutorials ..... Enjoy.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-3WfyjFh … -g&index=4

Jan 16 13 07:51 am  Link  Quote 
Digital Artist
Joe Diamond
Posts: 286
Bucharest, Bucharest, Romania


Rpixretouching wrote:

Get what the program dear...., this is about  the techniques this guy uses, not  about the composition , I see you always giving unsolicited value  judgement, and at the same time  stating in your port, you wont teach or create any tutorial about your work, witch does not impress me too much either,
I'm sure few beginners will learn something watching this videos.

the creator of these tutorials is very  generous, and not selfish.  He shares all his techniques and knowledge for people willing to learn good stuff. 39.659 followers , makes me think this guy knows what he is doing.


This is for the readers looking for great tutorials online, this guy has English and Spanish video tutorials ..... Enjoy.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-3WfyjFh … -g&index=4

I understand you are new on this, but you should troll  in other place. If you are beginner doesnt mean you cant learn from good designers. If you have a low value scale you wont progress. Good luck

Jan 16 13 11:01 am  Link  Quote 
Photographer
Leighthenubian
Posts: 2,758
Toronto, Ontario, Canada


Not for nuttin'...but I find her tedious to listen to for even 10 minutes. So painful.
Jan 16 13 04:46 pm  Link  Quote 
Photographer
Brock McFadzean
Posts: 46
Brisbane, Queensland, Australia


It is up recorded here -

http://vimeo.com/57507852
Jan 17 13 02:52 am  Link  Quote 
Photographer
365 Digitals Exposed
Posts: 749
Perris, California, US


Illuminate wrote:
Not for nuttin'...but I find her tedious to listen to for even 10 minutes. So painful.

LOL.... I was keeping that to myself.

Jan 17 13 09:13 am  Link  Quote 
Photographer
365 Digitals Exposed
Posts: 749
Perris, California, US


Brock McFadzean wrote:
It is up recorded here -

http://vimeo.com/57507852

that's an interview not a tutorial,
don't tell me people pays to see this stuff? smile

thanks for the link  anyways.

Jan 17 13 09:15 am  Link  Quote 
Retoucher
Kristiana-Retouch
Posts: 289
London, England, United Kingdom


I was shocked how easy going and sometimes even lazy she is. And techniques she uses. Actually I like her a lot smile
Jan 22 13 12:48 pm  Link  Quote 
  Search   Reply



main | browse | casting/travel | forums | shout box | help | advertising | contests | share | join the mayhem

more modelmayhem on: | | | edu

©2006-2014 ModelMayhem.com. All Rights Reserved.
MODEL MAYHEM is a registered trademark.
Toggle Worksafe Mode: Off | On
Terms | Privacy | Careers