login info join!
Forums > Off-Topic Discussion > SF2: Ess Effin Two > This no carbs/sugar thing sucks! Search   Reply
12last
Model
DarcieK
Posts: 10,873
Regina, Saskatchewan, Canada


My friend/trainer has me on a diet/exercise plan where I cannot eat any carbs or sugars for three weeks.

This includes:
Breads
Pastas
Rice
Potatoes
Oatmeal/Cereal
Fruit
Yogurt
Pop
ALCOHOL!

Basically, I can't eat anything with more than 5g of carbs or sugar....

I am going to have a hard time eating only veggies and meat for the next three weeks, especially since the boyfriend's staff Christmas party is this weekend.

I think I'm going to cry!!!
Jan 31 13 07:46 am  Link  Quote 
Model
Nemi
Posts: 27,411
Jamaica, New York, US


DarcieK wrote:
My friend/trainer has me on a diet/exercise plan where I cannot eat any carbs or sugars for three weeks.

This includes:
Breads
Pastas
Rice
Potatoes
Oatmeal/Cereal
Fruit
Yogurt
Pop
ALCOHOL!

Basically, I can't eat anything with more than 5g of carbs or sugar....

I am going to have a hard time eating only veggies and meat for the next three weeks, especially since the boyfriend's staff Christmas party is this weekend.

I think I'm going to cry!!!

Aren't you sick with a stomach condition, why in the fucking banana farts are you letting your friends tell you what to eat?

Wanna take an advice from someone totally unqualified? Here it is: When you're sick and you don't know what's wrong, eat whatever you can hold down and doesn't make you feel like you got hit by a runaway rollercoaster.

Jan 31 13 08:34 am  Link  Quote 
Model
DarcieK
Posts: 10,873
Regina, Saskatchewan, Canada


Nemi wrote:

Aren't you sick with a stomach condition, why in the fucking banana farts are you letting your friends tell you what to eat?

Wanna take an advice from someone totally unqualified? Here it is: When you're sick and you don't know what's wrong, eat whatever you can hold down and doesn't make you feel like you got hit by a runaway rollercoaster.

She suffers from IBS and does this to help, so I'm going to try it as well. She's also taken multiple nutrition classes. If it creates a problem, I will put carbs back in. In fact, I can eat fruits again in a couple weeks. I actually find that by cutting out fatty foods and processed carbs, I feel better. I haven't had a really bad attack until I went to the doctor last week, and usually they hit every other day. So, I'm going to try and stick with it for now (it'll be tough...)

Jan 31 13 08:46 am  Link  Quote 
Photographer
Tore
Posts: 13,706
Stamford, Connecticut, US


Nemi wrote:

Aren't you sick with a stomach condition, why in the fucking banana farts are you letting your friends tell you what to eat?

Wanna take an advice from someone totally unqualified? Here it is: When you're sick and you don't know what's wrong, eat whatever you can hold down and doesn't make you feel like you got hit by a runaway rollercoaster.

For real!
What is this new eating plan supposed to accomplish? Is it for diagnostic purposes?

If you're really interested I can email you a book on nutrition. I'm a quarter of the way through and I love it.

Most importantly, listen to your body. Good luck and feel better.

Jan 31 13 08:47 am  Link  Quote 
Photographer
Tore
Posts: 13,706
Stamford, Connecticut, US


DarcieK wrote:

She suffers from IBS and does this to help, so I'm going to try it as well. She's also taken multiple nutrition classes. If it creates a problem, I will put carbs back in. In fact, I can eat fruits again in a couple weeks. I actually find that by cutting out fatty foods and processed carbs, I feel better. I haven't had a really bad attack until I went to the doctor last week, and usually they hit every other day. So, I'm going to try and stick with it for now (it'll be tough...)

Keep in mind what works for one body, won't for another.
Cutting out processed anything is always borat

Jan 31 13 08:48 am  Link  Quote 
Model
NicoleNudes
Posts: 3,796
Toronto, Ontario, Canada


:\

Doesn't sound like a great diet to me.
Your body NEEDS good carbs and sugars to keep you going.
Jan 31 13 08:52 am  Link  Quote 
guide forum
Model
Koryn
Posts: 36,113
Boston, Massachusetts, US


DarcieK wrote:
...

Basically, I can't eat anything with more than 5g of carbs or sugar....

I am going to have a hard time eating only veggies and meat for the next three weeks...

I'm not generally one to critique the advice of other trainers, since she knows you and I do not, but here goes... you can tell me to eat shit and die, if you want, because I probably shouldn't say it:

I would NEVER tell a client to do that.


It is bad for your brain (serotonin/mood regulation) and energy levels. Depressed, tired people do not continue their workouts, or otherwise give decreased performance during their gym/exercise time.

I will also venture to guess this trainer, like many people, does not have the greatest understanding of what "carbs" and "sugars" actually ARE, on a chemical level. Even BROCCOLI has about 11grams of carbs per cup. Yes, when you factor in the fiber content, the digestible carb measurements decrease, but it you were *actually* not supposed to eat more than 5 grams of carbs sugar, then you would also not be able to eat many healthy vegetables you would need to get vitamins, and keep your bowels working properly (hello colon cancer!)


People ask me about eliminating carbs all the time, and I tell them to replace breads/pastas and simple starches with beans, sweet potatoes and quinoa. Also butternut and winter squashes.

Eliminating vegetable-based carbs, beans, and fruits is not ... sound nutrition advice, from a whole-health perspective.

Take it, or leave it.

Jan 31 13 08:56 am  Link  Quote 
Photographer
Wildcat Photography
Posts: 1,486
Valparaiso, Indiana, US


DarcieK wrote:
My friend/trainer has me on a diet/exercise plan where I cannot eat any carbs or sugars for three weeks.

This includes:
Breads
Pastas
Rice
Potatoes
Oatmeal/Cereal
Fruit
Yogurt
Pop
ALCOHOL!

Basically, I can't eat anything with more than 5g of carbs or sugar....

I am going to have a hard time eating only veggies and meat for the next three weeks, especially since the boyfriend's staff Christmas party is this weekend.

I think I'm going to cry!!!

I am always skeptical of any totalitarian diet.

What is the purpose your trainer wants you to do this for three weeks?
What is the goal?

Truly, I feel you should get advice for it from your doctor.

Wildcat

Jan 31 13 08:59 am  Link  Quote 
Model
DarcieK
Posts: 10,873
Regina, Saskatchewan, Canada


From what I gathered from her, it's all those simple carbs from processed foods.

I can still eat vegetables. But fruits are a no-no for three weeks due to the sugars.

I've only been doing it for three days. I'll see how I feel after a week. If I have to put some in, I will.
Jan 31 13 09:01 am  Link  Quote 
Model
DarcieK
Posts: 10,873
Regina, Saskatchewan, Canada


Wildcat Photography wrote:

I am always skeptical of any totalitarian diet.

What is the purpose your trainer wants you to do this for three weeks?
What is the goal?

Truly, I feel you should get advice for it from your doctor.

Wildcat

The doctor told me to cut out fatty foods, and processed foods cause they will irritate my gallbladder.

The purpose is not only to help me lose the excess weight I've gained due to back injury and my digestive problems, but help me veer from eating so much bad food. She admits it's a bit harsh, but she said if I can do this and slowly introduce things back in (like the fruit and yogurt), I will be used to eating my veggies and protein rather than pizza, potatoes and rice.

Jan 31 13 09:04 am  Link  Quote 
Clothing Designer
Chain Reaction
Posts: 529
Grand Rapids, Michigan, US


Tried it. It sucks. But it does work. Spirit alcohol doesn't have any carbs. Even alcohol sugars do not alter blood sugar levels by much. IE no carbs. So have a couple of shots to take off the edge. Then get the munchies. Then have a pizza. I guess that's not really very helpful.
Jan 31 13 09:07 am  Link  Quote 
Model
Kelli
Posts: 24,215
Toronto, Ontario, Canada


DarcieK wrote:
From what I gathered from her, it's all those simple carbs from processed foods.

I can still eat vegetables. But fruits are a no-no for three weeks due to the sugars.

I've only been doing it for three days. I'll see how I feel after a week. If I have to put some in, I will.

I have a lot of health issues and the diet you're on for the next 3 wks is very similar to my lifestyle of the past few years. I also don't eat dairy and I probably eat meat maybe once a month as of right now. It's difficult at first reading the labels of everything and realizing how much u can't have, but once you get going it's pretty easy.

As for pasta and breads, maybe quinoa or something along those lines.

Also, if you're having issues with your digestive system, you might consider staying away from corn completely.

Jan 31 13 09:08 am  Link  Quote 
Photographer
Damon Banner
Posts: 85,260
Hayward, California, US


DarcieK wrote:
From what I gathered from her, it's all those simple carbs from processed foods.

I can still eat vegetables. But fruits are a no-no for three weeks due to the sugars.

I've only been doing it for three days. I'll see how I feel after a week. If I have to put some in, I will.

I'm not as down on this diet as everyone else.  It is basically a more strict Paleo diet (which is basically has the same restrictions, though allows fruit and some branches that allow things like sweet potato), which has worked for many, many people.  I've used it short term to cut weight for competitions.  Several people in my office are currently on it (or maybe off of it).

I still do parts of it now.

You are still getting carbs from veggies.

That said, you are going to probably be grumpy and angry in a week!

Jan 31 13 09:37 am  Link  Quote 
Model
DarcieK
Posts: 10,873
Regina, Saskatchewan, Canada


Damon Banner wrote:

That said, you are going to probably be grumpy and angry in a week!

That's what I told her! She said it will pass, though.

Jan 31 13 09:39 am  Link  Quote 
Photographer
Damon Banner
Posts: 85,260
Hayward, California, US


DarcieK wrote:

That's what I told her! She said it will pass, though.

nope.

Jan 31 13 09:40 am  Link  Quote 
guide forum
Model
Koryn
Posts: 36,113
Boston, Massachusetts, US


DarcieK wrote:
That's what I told her! She said it will pass, though.
Damon Banner wrote:
nope.

Some people say that the mood swings from carb deprivation is a "detox."

It's not.

You can just get used to working with a lower energy level, so that it feels more manageable.

Jan 31 13 09:43 am  Link  Quote 
Photographer
Damon Banner
Posts: 85,260
Hayward, California, US


Koryn Locke wrote:

DarcieK wrote:
That's what I told her! She said it will pass, though.

Some people say that the mood swings from carb deprivation is a "detox."

It's not.

You can just get used to working with a lower energy level, so that it feels more manageable.

This diet is also used by many pro athletes, so as long as you do it right, there isn't going to be an energy crash.  Obviously, many people don't do it right.... so.... there's that. 

Most people who do this just always end up feeling hungry.  One of the aforementioned coworkers would eat like half a chicken and some veggies and still be hungry.

I had the same basic experience when I'd do it.  But that is more an issue of being used to having too many carbs in your diet.

Jan 31 13 09:47 am  Link  Quote 
Model
Kelli
Posts: 24,215
Toronto, Ontario, Canada


Damon Banner wrote:

I'm not as down on this diet as everyone else.  It is basically a more strict Paleo diet (which is basically has the same restrictions, though allows fruit and some branches that allow things like sweet potato), which has worked for many, many people.  I've used it short term to cut weight for competitions.  Several people in my office are currently on it (or maybe off of it).

I still do parts of it now.

You are still getting carbs from veggies.

That said, you are going to probably be grumpy and angry in a week!

Some fruits can be hard on people with digestive issues due to the citrus, which really sucks because those are the best kind.

Jan 31 13 09:47 am  Link  Quote 
Photographer
Damon Banner
Posts: 85,260
Hayward, California, US


Kelli wrote:

Some fruits can be hard on people with digestive issues due to the citrus, which really sucks because those are the best kind.

I like citrus, but don't eat much of it. 

My staple of fruit is stone fruits, which sucks in winter.

In winter, it's pears and some green apples.  I have apples and cherries now.  That is one thing I am trying to retain from my paleo experiments.  eating more fruit.  I've also cut way back on the bread.  I'll go weeks w/o eating any.

Jan 31 13 09:50 am  Link  Quote 
Model
Kelli
Posts: 24,215
Toronto, Ontario, Canada


Damon Banner wrote:

I like citrus, but don't eat much of it. 

My staple of fruit is stone fruits, which sucks in winter.

In winter, it's pears and some green apples.  I have apples and cherries now.  That is one thing I am trying to retain from my paleo experiments.  eating more fruit.  I've also cut way back on the bread.  I'll go weeks w/o eating any.

I have Celiac disease, so I don't eat the bread you likely eat at all, ever. Along with Celiac disease comes all sorts of health issues, including typically lactose inolerance. There's more foods I can't have then can and of course most of my favs or on the no list.

Cherries are like potato chips, they're addictive and I can't stop once I start. Luckily for me they're one of the few fruits I can have.

I haven't even heard of Paleo, but sounds interesting.

Jan 31 13 09:57 am  Link  Quote 
guide forum
Model
Koryn
Posts: 36,113
Boston, Massachusetts, US


Damon Banner wrote:
Most people who do this just always end up feeling hungry.  One of the aforementioned coworkers would eat like half a chicken and some veggies and still be hungry.

This is pretty much the experience I had when I briefly tried a Paleo diet in 2011. I did it for a few months, after over a decade of living as a vegetarian. I could eat a huge amount of protein and vegetables, but would only be starving again a couple hours later, as though I had skipped a meal altogether.

The first month, I dropped a reasonable amount of fat relatively quickly, and got kind of ripped-up looking, but by the end of the second month, I had put that back on, because I was having to eat such huge amounts of food to keep my stomach from growling all the time. Ultimately too many calories, and animal protein slowed down my guts a lot, so I ended up not being regular, no matter how much vegetables I ate.

By the end of the 3rd month, I'd actually gained fat overall, and just felt tired and irritated a lot more. I also couldn't seem to put on additional muscle eating that way. I just stayed at about the same level of lean mass, but was actually adding fat on top of it.

I've had the easiest time adding lean tissue, and keeping my body fat low as a vegan. I know a lot of people will dispute that, or say it's impossible, but for me, it just works. I don't know why. It just does. I weigh 118 pounds right now, but my bodyfat is only around 16% or so. I've had far more lean muscle gains and whatnot, eating this way. Also, I still get to enjoy desserts and stuff, as long as I'm conservative about ti.

Jan 31 13 10:10 am  Link  Quote 
Model
DarcieK
Posts: 10,873
Regina, Saskatchewan, Canada


Koryn Locke wrote:

This is pretty much the experience I had when I briefly tried a Paleo diet in 2011. I did it for a few months, after over a decade of living as a vegetarian. I could eat a huge amount of protein and vegetables, but would only be starving again a couple hours later, as though I had skipped a meal altogether.

The first month, I dropped a reasonable amount of fat relatively quickly, and got kind of ripped-up looking, but by the end of the second month, I had put that back on, because I was having to eat such huge amounts of food to keep my stomach from growling all the time. Ultimately too many calories, and animal protein slowed down my guts a lot, so I ended up not being regular, no matter how much vegetables I ate.

By the end of the 3rd month, I'd actually gained fat overall, and just felt tired and irritated a lot more. I also couldn't seem to put on additional muscle eating that way. I just stayed at about the same level of lean mass, but was actually adding fat on top of it.

I've had the easiest time adding lean tissue, and keeping my body fat low as a vegan. I know a lot of people will dispute that, or say it's impossible, but for me, it just works. I don't know why. It just does. I weigh 118 pounds right now, but my bodyfat is only around 16% or so. I've had far more lean muscle gains and whatnot, eating this way. Also, I still get to enjoy desserts and stuff, as long as I'm conservative about ti.

I am not doing this for long! She said six weeks, and then I can bring everything (including pastas etc) back in as long as it's in moderation.

I'd probably keel over and die if I did for more than that!

Sidenote: I'd never tell you to pound sand, ever! I completely respect you as a person, model, and trainer.

Jan 31 13 10:14 am  Link  Quote 
guide forum
Model
Koryn
Posts: 36,113
Boston, Massachusetts, US


DarcieK wrote:
Sidenote: I'd never tell you to pound sand, ever! I completely respect you as a person, model, and trainer.

You might feel like that's the best thing you've ever tried. People should try different things; it's a trial and error deal. Different strokes for different folks.

Just be aware that there are downsides to it... like with anything, I guess.

I wouldn't recommend it to someone, like ever, but... that doesn't mean you won't find something good in it. Just pay attention to your own body.

Jan 31 13 10:16 am  Link  Quote 
Photographer
Michael Broughton
Posts: 2,208
Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada


Jan 31 13 10:23 am  Link  Quote 
guide forum
Model
Sha-Lynne
Posts: 22,681
Las Vegas, Nevada, US


I don't know about you but that would totally fuck with my digestive system.  I find that less processed carbs in small amounts are helpful.  For me, the best thing for both weight and tummy health is just common sense.  Eating smaller meals with less processed food is important.  If you think that your body won't like something, you're probably right.  The best thing is to just listen to your body (yea...I know it sounds silly but it works).
Jan 31 13 10:26 am  Link  Quote 
Photographer
Andy Welch
Posts: 263
Richmond, Virginia, US


Is this called the 'Paleo Diet'?

I've read a lot about it.  You will lose a lot of body fat, but it is a very strict diet.  A couple of my friends went on it for a month and they had great results.
Jan 31 13 10:34 am  Link  Quote 
Model
DarcieK
Posts: 10,873
Regina, Saskatchewan, Canada


Viral Photo wrote:
Is this called the 'Paleo Diet'?

I've read a lot about it.  You will lose a lot of body fat, but it is a very strict diet.  A couple of my friends went on it for a month and they had great results.

Not exactly the Paleo. It's a tad more restrictive, but it's close. The down side of the Paleo diet for me is that all of meals can be cooked in fats like oil or grease from meat. That is a HUGE trigger for what my doctor thinks is gall stones.

Hopefully I get great results, but as Sha mentioned, I will listen to my body. If my trainer does like it, well then, I don't know. I don't want to piss her off, but I have to do what's right for me.

Jan 31 13 10:37 am  Link  Quote 
Photographer
Damon Banner
Posts: 85,260
Hayward, California, US


DarcieK wrote:

Not exactly the Paleo. It's a tad more restrictive, but it's close. The down side of the Paleo diet for me is that all of meals can be cooked in fats like oil or grease from meat. That is a HUGE trigger for what my doctor thinks is gall stones.

Hopefully I get great results, but as Sha mentioned, I will listen to my body. If my trainer does like it, well then, I don't know. I don't want to piss her off, but I have to do what's right for me.

no.  with paleo you want to use clean fats.  So you aren't really cooking anything in butter.  Maybe olive or peanut oil or something else heart healthy

Jan 31 13 10:40 am  Link  Quote 
Photographer
Andy Welch
Posts: 263
Richmond, Virginia, US


DarcieK wrote:

Not exactly the Paleo. It's a tad more restrictive, but it's close. The down side of the Paleo diet for me is that all of meals can be cooked in fats like oil or grease from meat. That is a HUGE trigger for what my doctor thinks is gall stones.

Hopefully I get great results, but as Sha mentioned, I will listen to my body. If my trainer does like it, well then, I don't know. I don't want to piss her off, but I have to do what's right for me.

Ah yes!  My dad is a former personal trainer and has been training me and he always says this to me, 'Listen to your body'.

Jan 31 13 10:42 am  Link  Quote 
Photographer
Laura Ann - Fashion
Posts: 8,279
Davenport, Iowa, US


I actually started the paleo diet today.

My boyfriend has been doing it for the past year, though not quite as restrictive.  He allows himself what he calls 80/20.  80% of the time, he follows the diet strictly, but he allows himself the occasional cheat so that he doesn't get burnt out.

He lost 40 pounds last year doing the diet.  Well, that and exercise.

I'm trying to cut some weight, and do eat far too many carbs, so I'm doing what he did.  I'm going to follow the diet as closely as I can, but I'm not going to completely restrict myself because I know I would give up completely. 

So lots more meat, lots more veggies, and fruit in between when I need a snack.  If all goes according to plan, I'll look a little slimmer, fit into my clothes better, and have a diet that I can stick to.

Luckily, I'm not alone in the change which will makes things easier too. 

As far as whether or not it will help you, I really have no clue.  But be careful and don't push yourself too far.  If your body starts screaming at you, definitely listen.
Jan 31 13 12:15 pm  Link  Quote 
Model
Kitty LaRose
Posts: 12,708
Las Vegas, Nevada, US


A few years ago I started having some crazy digestive issues as well. I switched completely over to organic, preservative-free foods and within two months I could eat anything I wanted again. As soon as I waver and try something with preservatives, I have horrible weeks of pain. Perhaps your body is trying to say get rid of chemicals and not necessarily food groups? Like everyone's saying: listen to your body; and if all else fails, keep a food diary and do process of elimination tactics to figure out if dairy or gluten or whatever is the main culprit behind your attacks.

Edit:
I am a carb hound, I would go insane if I cut them out completely!
Jan 31 13 01:57 pm  Link  Quote 
Photographer
Damon Banner
Posts: 85,260
Hayward, California, US


Laura Ann - Fashion wrote:
I actually started the paleo diet today.

My boyfriend has been doing it for the past year, though not quite as restrictive.  He allows himself what he calls 80/20.  80% of the time, he follows the diet strictly, but he allows himself the occasional cheat so that he doesn't get burnt out.

He lost 40 pounds last year doing the diet.  Well, that and exercise.

I'm trying to cut some weight, and do eat far too many carbs, so I'm doing what he did.  I'm going to follow the diet as closely as I can, but I'm not going to completely restrict myself because I know I would give up completely. 

So lots more meat, lots more veggies, and fruit in between when I need a snack.  If all goes according to plan, I'll look a little slimmer, fit into my clothes better, and have a diet that I can stick to.

Luckily, I'm not alone in the change which will makes things easier too. 

As far as whether or not it will help you, I really have no clue.  But be careful and don't push yourself too far.  If your body starts screaming at you, definitely listen.

When I'm being strict, I'll do like an 80/20  But my 20 will all be on one day.  So that day, I'd eat all the food in the universe.

Jan 31 13 02:04 pm  Link  Quote 
guide forum
Model
Sha-Lynne
Posts: 22,681
Las Vegas, Nevada, US


Damon Banner wrote:

When I'm being strict, I'll do like an 80/20  But my 20 will all be on one day.  So that day, I'd eat all the food in the universe.

Lol it gives your metabolism a kick in the ass.

Jan 31 13 02:12 pm  Link  Quote 
Photographer
Laura Ann - Fashion
Posts: 8,279
Davenport, Iowa, US


Damon Banner wrote:

When I'm being strict, I'll do like an 80/20  But my 20 will all be on one day.  So that day, I'd eat all the food in the universe.

It shouldn't be too hard for me to avoid carbs and processed foods.  The only thing I'm really going to miss is bread, but I figure I can cheat on that once a week or so and I'll be okay.

I mean, I already eat just chicken breast and broccoli for dinner and stuff like that, so it's not a huge change.  Just taking out the bread and pasta...which I think I can do.

Jan 31 13 03:18 pm  Link  Quote 
Photographer
Damon Banner
Posts: 85,260
Hayward, California, US


Laura Ann - Fashion wrote:

It shouldn't be too hard for me to avoid carbs and processed foods.  The only thing I'm really going to miss is bread, but I figure I can cheat on that once a week or so and I'll be okay.

I mean, I already eat just chicken breast and broccoli for dinner and stuff like that, so it's not a huge change.  Just taking out the bread and pasta...which I think I can do.

It was hard at first (pasta/rice, not really bread) but I don't really think about it when I'm not eating it.  Though like I said, I'm not abstaining now.  I'm in a week where I eat bread now.  I had rice last week.  I still typically eat rice.  Have cut back on pasta, but not to the degree that I omit bread. 

Don't miss bread.  Hardly think about pasta (whereas I used to eat it several times a week).

Jan 31 13 03:27 pm  Link  Quote 
Photographer
Damon Banner
Posts: 85,260
Hayward, California, US


Sha-Lynne wrote:

Lol it gives your metabolism a kick in the ass.

You've met me.  My metabolism doesn't need help!

Jan 31 13 03:27 pm  Link  Quote 
guide forum
Model
Koryn
Posts: 36,113
Boston, Massachusetts, US


Damon Banner wrote:

It was hard at first (pasta/rice, not really bread) but I don't really think about it when I'm not eating it.  Though like I said, I'm not abstaining now.  I'm in a week where I eat bread now.  I had rice last week.  I still typically eat rice.  Have cut back on pasta, but not to the degree that I omit bread. 

Don't miss bread.  Hardly think about pasta (whereas I used to eat it several times a week).

I never miss conventional pasta. The only thing I ever missed was stir-fried Asian noodles. Pasta of a different sort, but still pasta.

Jan 31 13 08:51 pm  Link  Quote 
guide forum
Model
Sha-Lynne
Posts: 22,681
Las Vegas, Nevada, US


Damon Banner wrote:

You've met me.  My metabolism doesn't need help!

Hah that's true.  It's a good general rule though (well maybe a little bit of moderation but enough to shake things up)

Jan 31 13 09:19 pm  Link  Quote 
Model
DarcieK
Posts: 10,873
Regina, Saskatchewan, Canada


I'm getting better at doing this! Yay!

Last night's supper was om nom nom. Baked lemon herb salmon, asparagus, and butternut squash (why do they look like gigantic penises?!)

I was going to make spaghetti squash with turkey tonight but I need to hunt down a spaghetti squash!
Feb 01 13 07:01 am  Link  Quote 
Model
Jacquelyn Marie
Posts: 4,139
Boston, Massachusetts, US


Hope you're feeling better! It's such a pain to eliminate foods, but after awhile it starts to become routine. I've been gluten free for almost five months.
Feb 01 13 07:06 am  Link  Quote 
12last   Search   Reply



main | browse | casting/travel | forums | shout box | help | advertising | contests | share | join the mayhem

more modelmayhem on: | | | edu

©2006-2014 ModelMayhem.com. All Rights Reserved.
MODEL MAYHEM is a registered trademark.
Toggle Worksafe Mode: Off | On
Terms | Privacy | Careers