login info join!
Forums > Critique > Sunlit Nudes, can't decide 18+ Search   Reply
first12
Model
Arya-Tara
Posts: 151
Bangkok, Bangkok, Thailand


Hi_Spade Photography wrote:
Both are great but I like #1 the best.
Jackson frontier photos wrote:
First one, is framed better by the trees, better imo.

thank you for critique my photo, I prefer #1 too, Arya x

Feb 02 13 09:34 pm  Link  Quote 
Photographer
DRaskin Photography
Posts: 164
Sacramento, California, US


My initial reaction was to like #2 better. But then I went back and looked at them again and I actually like #1 better. #2 has the benefit of the tighter crop and the model not having to compete with the background, so that makes her stand out more. If this was a different type of picture other than the nude shot, then I'd go with #2. Being that it is a nude, I like #1 better as it shows the entire body, the positioning of the legs, and the curves of the model better. I also like the framing effect of the trees, and the elements on the ground; the leaves, texture, etc.  Some may argue that these other elements distract from the focus, but I feel that they add to the atmosphere of the shot and it gives me a context in which to put the featured model. To me it helps create a story around it.  In #2, without the enviromental elements, it's just a shot of a nude model. At least that's my opinion  and why I like #1 better.
Feb 02 13 10:05 pm  Link  Quote 
Photographer
David Thorpe
Posts: 686
Brandon, Florida, US


DRaskin Photography wrote:
My initial reaction was to like #2 better. But then I went back and looked at them again and I actually like #1 better. #2 has the benefit of the tighter crop and the model not having to compete with the background, so that makes her stand out more. If this was a different type of picture other than the nude shot, then I'd go with #2. Being that it is a nude, I like #1 better as it shows the entire body, the positioning of the legs, and the curves of the model better. I also like the framing effect of the trees, and the elements on the ground; the leaves, texture, etc.  Some may argue that these other elements distract from the focus, but I feel that they add to the atmosphere of the shot and it gives me a context in which to put the featured model. To me it helps create a story around it.  In #2, without the enviromental elements, it's just a shot of a nude model. At least that's my opinion  and why I like #1 better.

What he said.

Feb 02 13 10:17 pm  Link  Quote 
Model
Arya-Tara
Posts: 151
Bangkok, Bangkok, Thailand


Thank you both for lovely reply, Arya x
Feb 03 13 05:11 am  Link  Quote 
Photographer
Carlos Occidental
Posts: 10,544
Pasadena, California, US


Again, I find myself in the minority.

First one is much, much better!
Feb 03 13 11:17 am  Link  Quote 
Model
Arya-Tara
Posts: 151
Bangkok, Bangkok, Thailand


Carlos Occidental wrote:
Again, I find myself in the minority.

First one is much, much better!

Thank you Carlos, minorities are good smile

Feb 04 13 07:01 am  Link  Quote 
Photographer
Fist Full of Ish
Posts: 1,904
Oak Ridge, Tennessee, US


'Second.
Feb 05 13 12:26 am  Link  Quote 
Photographer
JOEL McDONALD
Posts: 608
Portland, Oregon, US


Of these two, I like http://www.modelmayhem.com/portfolio/pic/31517312 (Close up).

#1 has a lower background (large dark square stones at leg level) that is quite distracting for you the model. I like the tighter crop of #2.

Two suggestions:

1) Better fill light on your face too would have set you apart from the background more.

2) What appears to be a panty line in both images. Looser fitting underwear/panties/pants before a nude shoot would be recommended. Panty (and bra) lines are an unfortunate, though not uncommon, distraction with new models/photogs doing nudes. I looked at the other nudes in your port and the same horizontal line (just above pubic area in these 2 pics) does not appear. Photoshop can take care of it though. Just a suggestion.
Feb 05 13 05:11 am  Link  Quote 
Model
Arya-Tara
Posts: 151
Bangkok, Bangkok, Thailand


Fist Full of Ish wrote:
'Second.
JOEL McDONALD wrote:
Of these two, I like http://www.modelmayhem.com/portfolio/pic/31517312 (Close up).

#1 has a lower background (large dark square stones at leg level) that is quite distracting for you the model. I like the tighter crop of #2.

Two suggestions:

1) Better fill light on your face too would have set you apart from the background more.

2) What appears to be a panty line in both images. Looser fitting underwear/panties/pants before a nude shoot would be recommended. Panty (and bra) lines are an unfortunate, though not uncommon, distraction with new models/photogs doing nudes. I looked at the other nudes in your port and the same horizontal line (just above pubic area in these 2 pics) does not appear. Photoshop can take care of it though. Just a suggestion.

Thank both so much for critique my photos, Arya x

Feb 07 13 04:32 am  Link  Quote 
Photographer
Michael Novo
Posts: 188
Chicago, Illinois, US


Don't like either of them for a port.  The shadow going across the body is distracting and the bulk feature to me in a shot like this would be the body.  I think its an ok shot, but not something I would put in my port.
Feb 07 13 04:54 am  Link  Quote 
Photographer
S W I N S K E Y
Posts: 24,315
Saint Petersburg, Florida, US


I like the full body, a lot less glammy then the 3/4

http://i.imgur.com/m8TQi.png
Feb 07 13 04:58 am  Link  Quote 
Photographer
TS Imagery
Posts: 65
Allen, Texas, US


Number two works best to my eye.

Nice work.
Feb 07 13 05:00 am  Link  Quote 
Photographer
Swanson Studios
Posts: 395
Galesburg, Illinois, US


Both are lovely but I would go with the second one if I had to just choose one.
Feb 07 13 05:03 am  Link  Quote 
Photographer
Kyle T Edwards
Posts: 415
St Catharines, Ontario, Canada


While I like that #2 shows your expression better, #1 shows your entire body (including the curves of your legs) and, as was previously mentioned, has you nicely framed by the trees, so my vote goes to #1.
Feb 07 13 05:04 am  Link  Quote 
Photographer
Valenten Photography
Posts: 265
Balikpapan, Kalimantan Timur, Indonesia


The wide one is better.

but :

Scott T Murphy wrote:
http://i1338.photobucket.com/albums/o690/photodotnet/nudes_zps6a8ad889.jpg

sorry but i prefer the original one

Feb 07 13 05:31 am  Link  Quote 
Photographer
SEI Photos
Posts: 121
Kalispell, Montana, US


I prefer #1--nude in the location works well.  Scars & lines are appropriate--this isn't intended to be a high fashion glam shot.  Very dark areas or minor differences in light & shading  are not at all distracting to me, unlike some who have offered different opinions.  I like your hand & arm position--to me demonstrate some fluidity & naturalness, not stiffness.  Your expression is better in #1 & it does show your whole body, although #2 does show your torso better.

That said, you need to weigh these shots against the other two in your port where you are framed by a tree.  Of the 4, only one really needs to be in your port.  Also, do you want an image of you as "nude-in-nature," or do you want something that is more art nude in character.  If the latter, #2 with an even tighter crop might be better.
Feb 07 13 06:04 am  Link  Quote 
Model
Arya-Tara
Posts: 151
Bangkok, Bangkok, Thailand


Hi_Spade Photography wrote:
Both are great but I like #1 the best.
Jackson frontier photos wrote:
First one, is framed better by the trees, better imo.

Thank you both for opinion on it and I think like #1 most too, kind regards, Arya x

Feb 08 13 04:06 pm  Link  Quote 
first12   Search   Reply



main | browse | casting/travel | forums | shout box | help | advertising | contests | share | join the mayhem

more modelmayhem on: | | | edu

©2006-2014 ModelMayhem.com. All Rights Reserved.
MODEL MAYHEM is a registered trademark.
Toggle Worksafe Mode: Off | On
Terms | Privacy | Careers