login info join!
This thread was locked on 2013-02-04 19:46:33. Reason: Sigh
Forums > Photography Talk > Model, MUA, Tags Herself... Search   Reply
12last
Photographer
R Bruce Duncan
Posts: 412
Santa Barbara, California, US


This could only happen on Model Mayhem...

For reasons too painful to admit, a MM MUA came to my attention.

It turns out, she also has a Model page on MM.

I'm sorta looking it over, and...

She's tagged herself.

Her model personna tagged the MUA.

How rich is this?

Just lovely.

RBD
Feb 03 13 12:33 am  Link  Quote 
Photographer
Robert Jewett
Posts: 2,428
al-Marsā, Tunis, Tunisia


I'm not sure what the problem is.
Feb 03 13 12:51 am  Link  Quote 
Photographer
R Bruce Duncan
Posts: 412
Santa Barbara, California, US


Addendum:

Her model personna has tagged her MUA personna, and her MUA personna has tagged her model personna.

How sweet is this?

RBD
Feb 03 13 12:51 am  Link  Quote 
Photographer
Robert Jewett
Posts: 2,428
al-Marsā, Tunis, Tunisia


That's pretty funny.  Maybe she has MPD and they are friends. smile
Feb 03 13 12:52 am  Link  Quote 
Photographer
R Bruce Duncan
Posts: 412
Santa Barbara, California, US


Just desperate for tags, I guess.

BTW, nice work Robert.
Feb 03 13 12:57 am  Link  Quote 
Photographer
Drew Smith Photography
Posts: 5,209
Nottingham, England, United Kingdom


R Bruce Duncan wrote:
This could only happen on Model Mayhem...

For reasons too painful to admit, a MM MUA came to my attention.

It turns out, she also has a Model page on MM.

I'm sorta looking it over, and...

She's tagged herself.

Her model personna tagged the MUA.

How rich is this?

Just lovely.

RBD

Wow! You really have nothing more important to do that start a thread about that?

What's more worrying is that I obviously have nothing more important to do than point that out! I'm outta here. smile

Feb 03 13 12:59 am  Link  Quote 
Photographer
WMcK
Posts: 5,237
Glasgow, Scotland, United Kingdom


So what's your point? And how does a MUA tagging a model belong on the photography forum?
Feb 03 13 01:02 am  Link  Quote 
Photographer
R Bruce Duncan
Posts: 412
Santa Barbara, California, US


LOL.
Feb 03 13 01:18 am  Link  Quote 
Model
Jessica Vaugn
Posts: 7,320
Los Angeles, California, US


Its just a link... maybe she is new. Networking is complicated business for new people.
Feb 03 13 02:02 am  Link  Quote 
Photographer
John M Hoyt
Posts: 344
Greenville, South Carolina, US


Jessica Vaugn  wrote:
Its just a link... maybe she is new. Networking is complicated business for new people.

I network with myself constantly.  No wait, that's masturbate, sorry.

Seriously though...  If a person does hair or makeup professionally AND models, what is wrong with giving yourself the credit? You did the work.

Same goes with a model who also does photography and shoots a self portrait.

Seems cool to me.

Feb 03 13 08:40 am  Link  Quote 
Photographer
Shy L
Posts: 584
Burlington, Vermont, US


yeah but if her model self is tagging her mua self's profile with "it was great to work with you today!  You did such an awesome job on my makeup!" that's pretty deceitful.
Feb 03 13 10:04 am  Link  Quote 
Photographer
AVD AlphaDuctions
Posts: 10,524
Gatineau, Quebec, Canada


Drew Smith Photography wrote:

Wow! You really have nothing more important to do that start a thread about that?

What's more worrying is that I obviously have nothing more important to do than point that out! I'm outta here. smile

I have nothing more important to do than point it out as well, but since I already had a 1.5 hr skate on the canal and since it's too early to put the ribs on the BBQ for supper I'm sticking around to point out that someone really had nothing more important than to point it out.

Feb 03 13 11:32 am  Link  Quote 
Photographer
AVD AlphaDuctions
Posts: 10,524
Gatineau, Quebec, Canada


Shy L wrote:
yeah but if her model self is tagging her mua self's profile with "it was great to work with you today!  You did such an awesome job on my makeup!" that's pretty deceitful.

can you get a bank loan with a dozen tags?
can you even buy a vowel?

deceitful is a pretty strong word lol.
srsly...must be a lot of people who hate the Superbowl and have nothing better to do that be outraged by this.

Feb 03 13 11:33 am  Link  Quote 
Photographer
DougBPhoto
Posts: 37,588
Portland, Oregon, US


R Bruce Duncan wrote:
This could only happen on Model Mayhem...

For reasons too painful to admit, a MM MUA came to my attention.

It turns out, she also has a Model page on MM.

I'm sorta looking it over, and...

She's tagged herself.

Her model personna tagged the MUA.

How rich is this?

Just lovely.

RBD

Are you saying that she's tagging herself as in crediting the additional profile in the credits section on the photos?

OR

Are you saying she's posting tags on the other wall??

If the latter, I guess some people are just desperate for attention?


BTW, what makes this so significant for someone who had less than 15 posts in the forums to start a thread/rant about it?

Feb 03 13 11:35 am  Link  Quote 
Photographer
my_other_profile
Posts: 666
Ankeny, Iowa, US


The first one, I think...as in "she's having fake conversations with herself?"
Feb 03 13 11:37 am  Link  Quote 
Photographer
AVD AlphaDuctions
Posts: 10,524
Gatineau, Quebec, Canada


my_other_profile wrote:
The first one, I think...as in "she's having fake conversations with herself?"

coming from someone whose name is "my_other_profile" this is pretty ironic smile

Feb 03 13 11:42 am  Link  Quote 
Photographer
James Ogilvie
Posts: 6,640
Toronto, Ontario, Canada


I'm going to send myself an email telling myself how awesome I am.

I will, of course, return the compliment.  The polite thing to do.
Feb 03 13 11:46 am  Link  Quote 
Photographer
DougBPhoto
Posts: 37,588
Portland, Oregon, US


James Ogilvie wrote:
I'm going to send myself an email telling myself how awesome I am.

I will, of course, return the compliment.  The polite thing to do.

Good plan, otherwise you'd need to start a rant saying you read it but didn't reply.

How rude.

Feb 03 13 11:51 am  Link  Quote 
Photographer
WMcK
Posts: 5,237
Glasgow, Scotland, United Kingdom


Shy L wrote:
yeah but if her model self is tagging her mua self's profile with "it was great to work with you today!  You did such an awesome job on my makeup!" that's pretty deceitful.

Not really. Is it any more deceitful than "you tag me and I'll tag you?"

Feb 03 13 11:52 am  Link  Quote 
Photographer
James Ogilvie
Posts: 6,640
Toronto, Ontario, Canada


DougBPhoto wrote:
Good plan, otherwise you'd need to start a rant saying you read it but didn't reply.

How rude.

I am not sure that I would out myself like that. I'd get brigged and wouldn't be able to correspond with myself for a while. I'd probably ask myself for the reason that I didn't respond, and try to work it out with me.

I think I am pretty reasonable.

Feb 03 13 11:53 am  Link  Quote 
Photographer
WMcK
Posts: 5,237
Glasgow, Scotland, United Kingdom


AVD AlphaDuctions wrote:

coming from someone whose name is "my_other_profile" this is pretty ironic smile

smile

Feb 03 13 11:53 am  Link  Quote 
Photographer
AVD AlphaDuctions
Posts: 10,524
Gatineau, Quebec, Canada


James Ogilvie wrote:

I am not sure that I would out myself like that. I'd get brigged and wouldn't be able to correspond with myself for a while. I'd probably ask myself for the reason that I didn't respond, and try to work it out with me.

I think I am pretty reasonable.

simple solution: block yourself and move on. plenty more in your city smile

Feb 03 13 11:56 am  Link  Quote 
Photographer
Syosset Studio
Posts: 296
Syosset, New York, US


R Bruce Duncan wrote:
How rich is this?

You may find the answer in my forthcoming book Ventriloquism For Dummies.

Feb 03 13 11:58 am  Link  Quote 
Photographer
mphunt
Posts: 884
Missouri City, Texas, US


Dual personalities........one doesn't know what the other is doing.
Feb 03 13 11:59 am  Link  Quote 
Photographer
Supermodel Photographer
Posts: 3,309
Oyster Bay, New York, US


Undercover Nudes wrote:
You may find the answer in my forthcoming book Ventriloquism For Dummies.

Get a life.  That's my forthcoming book.

Feb 03 13 12:03 pm  Link  Quote 
Photographer
Syosset Studio
Posts: 296
Syosset, New York, US


Supermodel Photographer wrote:
Get a life.

Lose one.

Feb 03 13 12:06 pm  Link  Quote 
Photographer
James Ogilvie
Posts: 6,640
Toronto, Ontario, Canada


AVD AlphaDuctions wrote:

simple solution: block yourself and move on. plenty more in your city smile

Seems pretty drastic. I don't want to hurt my feelings.

Feb 03 13 12:15 pm  Link  Quote 
Photographer
AVD AlphaDuctions
Posts: 10,524
Gatineau, Quebec, Canada


James Ogilvie wrote:

Seems pretty drastic. I don't want to hurt my feelings.

its acceptable on MM. you block those that you don't want to work with.  long standing tradition

Feb 03 13 12:24 pm  Link  Quote 
Photographer
KungPaoChic
Posts: 2,881
West Palm Beach, Florida, US


DougBPhoto wrote:

Are you saying that she's tagging herself as in crediting the additional profile in the credits section on the photos?

OR

Are you saying she's posting tags on the other wall??

If the latter, I guess some people are just desperate for attention?


BTW, what makes this so significant for someone who had less than 15 posts in the forums to start a thread/rant about it?

This r serious bizness

Feb 03 13 12:28 pm  Link  Quote 
Photographer
KungPaoChic
Posts: 2,881
West Palm Beach, Florida, US


AVD AlphaDuctions wrote:

simple solution: block yourself and move on. plenty more in your city smile

Or better yet put a do not recommend on your page about your other profile

Feb 03 13 12:29 pm  Link  Quote 
Photographer
AVD AlphaDuctions
Posts: 10,524
Gatineau, Quebec, Canada


'when I think about u, I TAG myself"

- the diviMMyls
Feb 03 13 12:31 pm  Link  Quote 
Photographer
SPierce Photography
Posts: 19,580
Amherst, Massachusetts, US


lol
Feb 03 13 12:52 pm  Link  Quote 
Photographer
James Ogilvie
Posts: 6,640
Toronto, Ontario, Canada


AVD AlphaDuctions wrote:

its acceptable on MM. you block those that you don't want to work with.  long standing tradition

That's probably good advice.  I've been shooting with myself so long, it's probably time to cut the cord and start working without me.

Feb 03 13 01:27 pm  Link  Quote 
Photographer
James Massa
Posts: 37
STATEN ISLAND, New York, US


R Bruce Duncan wrote:
Addendum:

Her model personna has tagged her MUA personna, and her MUA personna has tagged her model personna.

How sweet is this?

RBD

Feb 03 13 01:37 pm  Link  Quote 
Photographer
Motordrive Photography
Posts: 2,355
Lodi, California, US


James Ogilvie wrote:

That's probably good advice.  I've been shooting with myself so long, it's probably time to cut the cord and start working without me.

I had to do that years ago, I can't afford me tongue

Feb 03 13 01:43 pm  Link  Quote 
Photographer
James Ogilvie
Posts: 6,640
Toronto, Ontario, Canada


Motordrive Photography wrote:

I had to do that years ago, I can't afford me tongue

That's probably why there is a little animosity between us. I've never offered to pay myself, I always presumed that I'd be willing to collaborate with me for free.

(ok, this is the last one - I'm beating this to death)

Feb 03 13 01:49 pm  Link  Quote 
Model
MoRina
Posts: 5,632
Fort Lauderdale, Florida, US


My only two friends on my profile page are my second model portfolio and my photographer profile....

I guess on a day I need some positive feedback I could leave myself a tag of how great it was to shoot with me.
Feb 03 13 01:49 pm  Link  Quote 
Photographer
The Alternative Image
Posts: 4,129
London, England, United Kingdom


That is really serious, I would contact the police.
Feb 03 13 01:49 pm  Link  Quote 
Photographer
AVD AlphaDuctions
Posts: 10,524
Gatineau, Quebec, Canada


Motordrive Photography wrote:

I had to do that years ago, I can't afford me tongue

My rates are too high and I turned down TFCD

Feb 03 13 01:51 pm  Link  Quote 
Photographer
PTPhotoUT
Posts: 1,959
Salt Lake City, Utah, US


My other profile is my best friend. I never thought about tagging that profile. I think if I did I would get confused. Tag, you're (or I'm?) it!
Feb 03 13 02:05 pm  Link  Quote 
12last   Search   Reply



main | browse | casting/travel | forums | shout box | help | advertising | contests | share | join the mayhem

more modelmayhem on: | | | edu

©2006-2014 ModelMayhem.com. All Rights Reserved.
MODEL MAYHEM is a registered trademark.
Toggle Worksafe Mode: Off | On
Terms | Privacy | Careers