login info join!
Forums > Critique > Serious Critique > serious critique needed. Search   Reply
Photographer
Chaf
Posts: 470
Chapel Hill, North Carolina, US


I am looking for advice on how to make my work more attractive for models. I understand that photographers who shoot fashion and glamour are the most interesting to models. But is there anything I can improve in my own style and portfolio to make it more attractive?
Feb 04 13 08:07 pm  Link  Quote 
Photographer
Marin Photography NYC
Posts: 7,109
New York, New York, US


Two small things I can think of. Your escort policy might be a turn off for some. You say you have references but the photos have no credits as to who the models are to reference. That may be off putting to some as well. 

As far as your photos, you have a great artistic eye, in my opinion. I don't think it's your photos.

Work on your bio.
Feb 04 13 08:13 pm  Link  Quote 
Photographer
Chaf
Posts: 470
Chapel Hill, North Carolina, US


Marin Photography wrote:
Two small things I can think of. Your escort policy might be a turn off for some. You say you have references but the photos have no credits as to who the models are to reference. That may be off putting to some as well. 

As far as your photos, you have a great artistic eye, in my opinion. I don't think it's your photos.

Work on your bio.

Thank you. I'll add credits to the models, although some of the are not on MM. Not sure about the escorts. Whenever I shot having people around, I never was satisfied with the outcome.

Feb 04 13 08:18 pm  Link  Quote 
Photographer
bmiSTUDIO
Posts: 1,733
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, US


Chaf wrote:
I am looking for advice on how to make my work more attractive for models. I understand that photographers who shoot fashion and glamour are the most interesting to models. But is there anything I can improve in my own style and portfolio to make it more attractive?

Your portfolio will be attractive to art nude models. I would not say that photographers who shoot fashion and glamour are most interesting to models. Fashion images will be attractive to fashion models. Glamour pics will be attractive to models that prefer glamour shoots. If you want to attract different models for specific shoots and looks, then start shooting trade or hire some talented models that will help you develop appropriate portfolios.

Feb 04 13 08:20 pm  Link  Quote 
Photographer
Marin Photography NYC
Posts: 7,109
New York, New York, US


Chaf wrote:

Thank you. I'll add credits to the models, although some of the are not on MM. Not sure about the escorts. Whenever I shot having people around, I never was satisfied with the outcome.

I know lots of people aren't comfortable with escorts but it's worth a shot. Lot's of models say they are bringing someone and don't in my short experience here.
Add more details as to how you work and what you have to offer. Your front page leaves to many unanswered questions. Get to know some makeup artist and hairstylist and work with them. They know lots of models! They can help get you more shoots by wanting to build their own ports....just an idea.....

Feb 04 13 08:29 pm  Link  Quote 
Photographer
Chaf
Posts: 470
Chapel Hill, North Carolina, US


bmiSTUDIO wrote:

Your portfolio will be attractive to art nude models. I would not say that photographers who shoot fashion and glamour are most interesting to models. Fashion images will be attractive to fashion models. Glamour pics will be attractive to models that prefer glamour shoots. If you want to attract different models for specific shoots and looks, then start shooting trade or hire some talented models that will help you develop appropriate portfolios.

Thank you. What you say is true. I have trouble finding talented models that would want to hire but I'm sure this is the right way to go.

Feb 04 13 08:30 pm  Link  Quote 
Photographer
Chaf
Posts: 470
Chapel Hill, North Carolina, US


Marin Photography wrote:

I know lots of people aren't comfortable with escorts but it's worth a shot. Lot's of models say they are bringing someone and don't in my short experience here.
Add more details as to how you work and what you have to offer. Your front page leaves to many unanswered questions. Get to know some makeup artist and hairstylist and work with them. They know lots of models! They can help get you more shoots by wanting to build their own ports....just an idea.....

Yes I need to work on that bio...

Feb 04 13 08:33 pm  Link  Quote 
Photographer
Chaf
Posts: 470
Chapel Hill, North Carolina, US


I changed my bio. Hopefully it won't be as intimidating as before. Thanks for your input guys!
Feb 04 13 08:56 pm  Link  Quote 
  Search   Reply



main | browse | casting/travel | forums | shout box | help | advertising | contests | share | join the mayhem

more modelmayhem on: | | | edu

©2006-2014 ModelMayhem.com. All Rights Reserved.
MODEL MAYHEM is a registered trademark.
Toggle Worksafe Mode: Off | On
Terms | Privacy | Careers