login info join!
Forums > Critique > Which do you Favor & Which do you dislike? Search   Reply
Photographer
SFG Photography
Posts: 2,494
Oceanside, California, US


As the title says
Which picture do you like & Dislike and why.

I will do the same for you smile
Feb 09 13 10:35 pm  Link  Quote 
Model
Destiny Noir
Posts: 49
Clarksville, Tennessee, US


I like the last on the top row the best. Great use of colors and location. I dislike the second on the very last row. The lighting just looks a little weird to me. Wonderful port though!
Feb 09 13 10:49 pm  Link  Quote 
Model
Mayzelle Rose
Posts: 29
Branson, Missouri, US


Feb 10 13 08:54 am  Link  Quote 
Photographer
Aaron Lewis Photography
Posts: 5,083
Catskill, New York, US


Tough call. You have a lot of work that's kind of equal. I do not disagree with the comments of the others.

OK Dislike these.
http://www.modelmayhem.com/portfolio/pic/29229645
http://www.modelmayhem.com/portfolio/pic/28905930

Like these
http://www.modelmayhem.com/portfolio/pic/21557493
http://www.modelmayhem.com/portfolio/pic/24279718

And with a little more horizontal space between the model and the tree I'd love this
http://www.modelmayhem.com/portfolio/pic/27067796
Feb 10 13 09:18 am  Link  Quote 
Model
MelissaAnn
Posts: 3,954
Seattle, Washington, US


Least favorite:
http://photos.modelmayhem.com/photos/110101/23/4d2024dfcf9e0_m.jpg

http://photos.modelmayhem.com/photos/120228/20/4f4daa1e2d3fe_m.jpg

http://photos.modelmayhem.com/photos/120624/23/4fe802940e2fd_m.jpg


Favorite:
http://photos.modelmayhem.com/photos/110612/17/4df55f0134437_m.jpg

http://photos.modelmayhem.com/photos/110215/10/4d5ac2d4c9bfa_m.jpg

http://photos.modelmayhem.com/photos/110825/15/4e56cb728a187_m.jpg

smile
Feb 10 13 09:31 am  Link  Quote 
Photographer
SFG Photography
Posts: 2,494
Oceanside, California, US


Destiny Noir wrote:
I like the last on the top row the best. Great use of colors and location. I dislike the second on the very last row. The lighting just looks a little weird to me. Wonderful port though!

Thank you smile

Favorite:
http://photos.modelmayhem.com/photos/130209/22/51173a70bb300_m.jpg
For the most part i see the same expression in your portfolio, i think this is a slightly different expression, you seem more natural here. I love the pose as well, great style. Very beautiful.

Least Favorite:
http://photos.modelmayhem.com/photos/121020/05/50829c055b527_m.jpg
My eyes go straight to this photo when i open your portfolio, its beautifully vibrant, however as i enlarged it. Your expression just didn't sell this photo, You look confused and not to mention you just look so stiff in this one.

Beautiful young lady though smile

Feb 10 13 11:03 pm  Link  Quote 
Photographer
SFG Photography
Posts: 2,494
Oceanside, California, US


Mayzelle Rose wrote:
Favorite: http://www.modelmayhem.com/portfolio/pic/27685478

Least favorite: http://www.modelmayhem.com/portfolio/pic/18609738

Thank you smile

Favorite:
http://photos.modelmayhem.com/photos/130210/08/5117c93ae46cd_m.jpg
This is by far the best (well in my opinion) in your portfolio. Beautifully composed.

The rest of your portfolio i can deal without, half of it is just self taken shots.
And then photos from the same set, you are a beautiful girl get with some photographers!

smile

Feb 10 13 11:06 pm  Link  Quote 
Photographer
SFG Photography
Posts: 2,494
Oceanside, California, US


Aaron Lewis Photography wrote:
Tough call. You have a lot of work that's kind of equal. I do not disagree with the comments of the others.

OK Dislike these.
http://www.modelmayhem.com/portfolio/pic/29229645
http://www.modelmayhem.com/portfolio/pic/28905930

Like these
http://www.modelmayhem.com/portfolio/pic/21557493
http://www.modelmayhem.com/portfolio/pic/24279718

And with a little more horizontal space between the model and the tree I'd love this
http://www.modelmayhem.com/portfolio/pic/27067796

Thank you Aaron smile

Favorite:
http://photos.modelmayhem.com/photos/130125/17/51033695193ec_m.jpg
To be honest, it was hard to pick an absolute favorite. You have some good photos they are just a little on the dull side for my personal taste. I like this one for the mood it sets, this picture is the only one that really tells a story, it sets a mood.
I like it.

I'm not particularly fond of any of the other photos, but this is probably my very least favorite:
http://photos.modelmayhem.com/photos/120604/16/4fcd3fffe8cf7_m.jpg
It does nothing for your portfolio and its also not very flattering for the subject.

Feb 10 13 11:13 pm  Link  Quote 
Photographer
SFG Photography
Posts: 2,494
Oceanside, California, US


MelissaAnn  wrote:
Least favorite:
http://photos.modelmayhem.com/photos/110101/23/4d2024dfcf9e0_m.jpg

http://photos.modelmayhem.com/photos/120228/20/4f4daa1e2d3fe_m.jpg

http://photos.modelmayhem.com/photos/120624/23/4fe802940e2fd_m.jpg


Favorite:
http://photos.modelmayhem.com/photos/110612/17/4df55f0134437_m.jpg

http://photos.modelmayhem.com/photos/110215/10/4d5ac2d4c9bfa_m.jpg

http://photos.modelmayhem.com/photos/110825/15/4e56cb728a187_m.jpg

smile

Thank you smile

Favorites:
18+ http://photos.modelmayhem.com/photos/12 … 83d27d.jpg
^Beautiful colors and i love the movement.
18+ http://photos.modelmayhem.com/photos/13 … 095271.jpg
18+ http://photos.modelmayhem.com/photos/13 … 291460.jpg

And a majority of your portfolio, absolutely stunning.

Least Favorite:
18+ http://photos.modelmayhem.com/photos/12 … ad4102.jpg
Its just very dull compared to the rest of the portraits in your portfolio.

Feb 10 13 11:17 pm  Link  Quote 
Photographer
Tracy Molinar
Posts: 19
Irvine, California, US


The image of Perris with the camera is probably my favorite. (So many good one's i had a hard time choosing) but I love her pose, the styling.. and her bangs in her face add mystery to the photo.
Least favorite is probably Tammy.. just didn't feel much emotion behind it. Overall i love your port tho!
Feb 11 13 02:09 am  Link  Quote 
Photographer
Sven Lori
Posts: 276
Brussels, Brussels, Belgium


This is my favorite

http://photos.modelmayhem.com/photos/11 … f482_m.jpg

Strong impact. Light to right and space on the left side increase the vulnerability of the model. Black and White works well

My least favorite

http://photos.modelmayhem.com/photos/11 … 4437_m.jpg

Interesting composition, but the model has no expression. She does not make a contact with the viewer
Feb 11 13 09:36 am  Link  Quote 
Photographer
SFG Photography
Posts: 2,494
Oceanside, California, US


Tracy Molinar wrote:
The image of Perris with the camera is probably my favorite. (So many good one's i had a hard time choosing) but I love her pose, the styling.. and her bangs in her face add mystery to the photo.
Least favorite is probably Tammy.. just didn't feel much emotion behind it. Overall i love your port tho!

Thank you smile

Favorite:
http://photos.modelmayhem.com/photos/120320/02/4f684cd134a9d_m.jpg
http://photos.modelmayhem.com/photos/120320/02/4f684bda3945c_m.jpg
I love the color, lighting, and composition in both photos. Beautiful work.

Least Favorite:
http://photos.modelmayhem.com/photos/130211/01/5118bc356d9cd_m.jpg
I just find this one very dull, nothing really wrong with it. It just doesn't catch my attention.

You have some really good work, keep it up smile

Feb 11 13 03:59 pm  Link  Quote 
Model
Scotty2191
Posts: 18
Bradford, England, United Kingdom


My favourites;

http://photos.modelmayhem.com/photos/130207/19/51146dcfce7ab_m.jpg http://photos.modelmayhem.com/photos/120324/17/4f6e6b1055672_m.jpg http://photos.modelmayhem.com/photos/110101/23/4d2024dfcf9e0_m.jpg

Not a fan of;

http://photos.modelmayhem.com/photos/110306/19/4d745821df482_m.jpg
I like it as a photo, I just think it's a really awkward crop, I would've left a bit more space between the right side and the edge of the photo, just so the body shape was more obvious.
Feb 11 13 04:27 pm  Link  Quote 
Photographer
SFG Photography
Posts: 2,494
Oceanside, California, US


Flash-Joerg wrote:
This is my favorite

http://photos.modelmayhem.com/photos/11 … f482_m.jpg

Strong impact. Light to right and space on the left side increase the vulnerability of the model. Black and White works well

My least favorite

http://photos.modelmayhem.com/photos/11 … 4437_m.jpg

Interesting composition, but the model has no expression. She does not make a contact with the viewer

Thank you smile

Favorite:
18+ http://photos.modelmayhem.com/photos/12 … 2ac633.jpg
18+ http://photos.modelmayhem.com/photos/12 … 2ba3c2.jpg

Least Favorite:
http://photos.modelmayhem.com/photos/130131/14/510aee98e9933_m.jpg
I don't like any of the headshots in your portfolio, the quality is lacking.
Especially compared to the incredible nude work you do.

Feb 11 13 06:44 pm  Link  Quote 
Photographer
SFG Photography
Posts: 2,494
Oceanside, California, US


Scotty2191 wrote:
My favourites;

http://photos.modelmayhem.com/photos/130207/19/51146dcfce7ab_m.jpg http://photos.modelmayhem.com/photos/120324/17/4f6e6b1055672_m.jpg http://photos.modelmayhem.com/photos/110101/23/4d2024dfcf9e0_m.jpg

Not a fan of;

http://photos.modelmayhem.com/photos/110306/19/4d745821df482_m.jpg
I like it as a photo, I just think it's a really awkward crop, I would've left a bit more space between the right side and the edge of the photo, just so the body shape was more obvious.

Thank you smile

To be honest i really don't have a favorite from your portfolio.
However if i had to choose one
http://photos.modelmayhem.com/photos/121104/14/5096f23331dbf_m.jpg
Its not over processed like the others in your portfolio.

You seem to be a handsome young man, get with some quality photographers.

Feb 11 13 07:35 pm  Link  Quote 
Photographer
BrandonLuong
Posts: 1,016
Los Angeles, California, US


Fave:
http://photos.modelmayhem.com/photos/130207/19/51146dcfce7ab_m.jpg

http://photos.modelmayhem.com/photos/120324/17/4f6e6b1055672_m.jpg

http://photos.modelmayhem.com/photos/110622/18/4e029932942c7_m.jpg

http://photos.modelmayhem.com/photos/110510/19/4dc9f1dd09d64_m.jpg (FAVE)

http://photos.modelmayhem.com/photos/110215/10/4d5ac2d4c9bfa_m.jpg

http://photos.modelmayhem.com/photos/110101/23/4d2024dfcf9e0_m.jpg

I like them all for separate reasons but they are generally emotional portraits and/or they are very pretty colors.

You dont have to do the same for me, I am going to update it soon anyways
Feb 11 13 07:57 pm  Link  Quote 
Photographer
SFG Photography
Posts: 2,494
Oceanside, California, US


BrandonLuong wrote:
Fave:
http://photos.modelmayhem.com/photos/130207/19/51146dcfce7ab_m.jpg

http://photos.modelmayhem.com/photos/120324/17/4f6e6b1055672_m.jpg

http://photos.modelmayhem.com/photos/110622/18/4e029932942c7_m.jpg

http://photos.modelmayhem.com/photos/110510/19/4dc9f1dd09d64_m.jpg (FAVE)

http://photos.modelmayhem.com/photos/110215/10/4d5ac2d4c9bfa_m.jpg

http://photos.modelmayhem.com/photos/110101/23/4d2024dfcf9e0_m.jpg

I like them all for separate reasons but they are generally emotional portraits and/or they are very pretty colors.

You dont have to do the same for me, I am going to update it soon anyways

Thank you Brandon smile

I remember your work very well, and i was literally JUST looking at your portfolio.
I loved your photos from the first time i saw them and still to this day i love your work. Very inspiring.

Feb 11 13 08:04 pm  Link  Quote 
Photographer
Aaron Lewis Photography
Posts: 5,083
Catskill, New York, US


SFG Photography wrote:
Thank you Aaron smile

Favorite:
http://photos.modelmayhem.com/photos/130125/17/51033695193ec_m.jpg
To be honest, it was hard to pick an absolute favorite. You have some good photos they are just a little on the dull side for my personal taste. I like this one for the mood it sets, this picture is the only one that really tells a story, it sets a mood.
I like it.

I'm not particularly fond of any of the other photos, but this is probably my very least favorite:
http://photos.modelmayhem.com/photos/120604/16/4fcd3fffe8cf7_m.jpg
It does nothing for your portfolio and its also not very flattering for the subject.

Thanks. That B&W was from a recent failed shoot. I shot all day only to find just about every image had focusing problems. Don't know why but because of the composition, that single image was salvageable. The other is a candid shot after a dance recital. I had the stage for about 10 minutes before we got kicked out. Nothing amazing became of it but I liked that one because it was unscripted.

For some reason when I started shooting humans I had a lot of trouble with lighting. So I've spent a lot of time learning the basics of portraiture. What you see in my port is a sample of what I think is decent standard portraiture. Actually it's not, it should really be updated. There's better stuff on my website.

In time I'll become better at creating and capturing the magic moment. I think I have an eye now. Unfortunately I don't get to work with people nearly as much as I'd like to.

Thank you for your comments.

Feb 11 13 08:24 pm  Link  Quote 
Photographer
BrandonLuong
Posts: 1,016
Los Angeles, California, US


thanks!

you've gotten so much better! keep up the good work
Feb 11 13 08:47 pm  Link  Quote 
Photographer
SFG Photography
Posts: 2,494
Oceanside, California, US


Aaron Lewis Photography wrote:

Thanks. That B&W was from a recent failed shoot. I shot all day only to find just about every image had focusing problems. Don't know why but because of the composition, that single image was salvageable. The other is a candid shot after a dance recital. I had the stage for about 10 minutes before we got kicked out. Nothing amazing became of it but I liked that one because it was unscripted.

For some reason when I started shooting humans I had a lot of trouble with lighting. So I've spent a lot of time learning the basics of portraiture. What you see in my port is a sample of what I think is decent standard portraiture. Actually it's not, it should really be updated. There's better stuff on my website.

In time I'll become better at creating and capturing the magic moment. I think I have an eye now. Unfortunately I don't get to work with people nearly as much as I'd like to.

Thank you for your comments.

You are quite welcome.
And keep practicing, You are definitely right, they are decent portraits, and some really good ones. Just keep at it. :]

Feb 13 13 10:38 pm  Link  Quote 
  Search   Reply