login info join!
Forums > Critique > Male Model... showing too much? Search   Reply
Model
Eric Angelo
Posts: 38
Los Angeles, California, US


I'm trying to expand my modeling work more into catalog and maybe some fashion where I feel I have a chance of being paid. Do you think my port features a little too much penis to get me in that direction? I don't want to do "edgy" TF shoots forever! lol

Thanks!

August
Feb 13 13 10:22 am  Link  Quote 
Photographer
DOUGLASFOTOS
Posts: 7,960
Los Angeles, California, US


August Smith wrote:
I'm trying to expand my modeling work more into catalog and maybe some fashion where I feel I have a chance of being paid. Do you think my port features a little too much penis to get me in that direction? I don't want to do "edgy" TF shoots forever! lol

Thanks!

August

Nudity? Penis? Where?

Feb 13 13 10:26 am  Link  Quote 
Model
Eric Angelo
Posts: 38
Los Angeles, California, US


haha well I feel that some of my stuff like this:

http://photos.modelmayhem.com/photos/130213/10/511bd8924079f_m.jpg

Is pretty open and out there. Lots of it is underwear stuff and a lot of that is pretty... bulging. haha
Feb 13 13 10:29 am  Link  Quote 
Photographer
DOUGLASFOTOS
Posts: 7,960
Los Angeles, California, US


August Smith wrote:
haha well I feel that some of my stuff like this:

http://photos.modelmayhem.com/photos/130213/10/511bd8924079f_m.jpg

Is pretty open and out there. Lots of it is underwear stuff and a lot of that is pretty... bulging. haha

it is PG

Feb 13 13 10:31 am  Link  Quote 
Model
C A K E M I X
Posts: 873
Louth, England, United Kingdom


I wouldn't say so, you aren't shooting any overtly sexual nudes or even breifs images

this is the only image that really defines your uh manhood, http://www.modelmayhem.com/portfolio/pic/31653370

But aside from that, if it's catalog work your wanting to get into, Then underwear modelling is pretty on that mark. I'd suggest working with a little more commercial style photographers, and trying to organise work with good mens stylists to head you into a  more reputable direction, if that's what your wanting.
Feb 13 13 10:32 am  Link  Quote 
Model
C A K E M I X
Posts: 873
Louth, England, United Kingdom


DOUGLASFOTOS wrote:

it is PG

pretty much

I was half expecting smutty type nudes, OP I wouldn't worry too much.

Feb 13 13 10:34 am  Link  Quote 
Model
MartaBrixton
Posts: 975
London, England, United Kingdom


No penis detected... NEXT!
Feb 13 13 10:34 am  Link  Quote 
Photographer
DOUGLASFOTOS
Posts: 7,960
Los Angeles, California, US


MartaBrixton wrote:
No penis detected... NEXT!

lol

Feb 13 13 10:35 am  Link  Quote 
guide forum
Photographer
GPS Studio Services
Posts: 34,398
San Francisco, California, US


MartaBrixton wrote:
No penis detected... NEXT!

Did you use a "penisonometer?"  Seriously, I think the OP is asking if he is being too edgy for someone who want to go after commercial modeling.  I wonder how many commercial agents are looking at MM to make their signing decisions?

I think your profile is totally appropriate for MM, or perhaps even tame since you say "yes" for nudes.  A full nude image wouldn't be at all out of character.

If you are going for a mainstream commercial persona, then you need to create that as well.  Use a stage name on MM and your real name for your commercial image.  I find nothing inappropriate about your MM profile.  MM is MM and it is what it is.

Feb 13 13 10:38 am  Link  Quote 
Model
Eric Angelo
Posts: 38
Los Angeles, California, US


lol Thanks y'all! I guess I was worried that it would be a turnoff for those casting for paid work if they could tell I was circumcised from my pics!
Feb 13 13 10:39 am  Link  Quote 
Model
MartaBrixton
Posts: 975
London, England, United Kingdom


GPS Studio Services wrote:

Did you use a "penisonometer?"  Seriously, I think the OP is asking if he is being too edgy for someone who want to go after commercial modeling.  I wonder how many commercial agents are looking at MM to make their signing decisions?

I think your profile is totally appropriate for MM, or perhaps even tame since you say "yes" for nudes.  A full nude image wouldn't be at all out of character.

If you are going for a mainstream commercial persona, then you need to create that as well.  Use a stage name on MM and your real name for your commercial image.  I find nothing inappropriate about your MM profile.  MM is MM and it is what it is.

You didn't understand my point, I meant there is no nude pictures there so it's ok, he is not showing too much big_smile

Feb 13 13 10:45 am  Link  Quote 
Photographer
Designit - Edward Olson
Posts: 1,626
Eureka, California, US


August Smith wrote:
haha well I feel that some of my stuff like this:

http://photos.modelmayhem.com/photos/130213/10/511bd8924079f_m.jpg

Is pretty open and out there. Lots of it is underwear stuff and a lot of that is pretty... bulging. haha

You're not asking the right people. No one here is going to be offended by an image where the physical details of your penis are so clearly defined through thin material. But people who are marketing to the mainstream might be concerned that you have a gay softcore porn angle, especially with that image at the top of your port.

Feb 13 13 10:53 am  Link  Quote 
Model
Eric Angelo
Posts: 38
Los Angeles, California, US


Designit - Edward Olson wrote:

You're not asking the right people. No one here is going to be offended by an image where the physical details of your penis are so clearly defined through thin material. But people who are marketing to the mainstream might be concerned that you have a gay softcore porn angle, especially with that image at the top of your port.

Yeah that's 100% what I'm saying. I'm wondering what having images like this will do for me. I will shoot nudes (though i have not to date) but not TF. The only real benefit I believe I get out of nude shots is what the photographer pays me. (and also having sexting material lol)

Feb 13 13 11:57 am  Link  Quote 
Model
Emily Hayworth
Posts: 848
Banning, California, US


If you want to be marketable from a commercial or editorial angle, then you need to focus your work in that direction.  Underwear shots probably won't hurt you (nudes might not either) but you should be building your book up in the areas that you most want to pursue. 

My port is full of nude work because I market myself as a nude model.  If I wanted to do fashion (assuming my stats were correct for that), it probably wouldn't hurt to have a nude or two up, but I would also need to build a high fashion/editorial book.  Same goes for you.  The undies shots probably won't hold you back, but they might not necessarily help you, either, unless they're awesome fashion-y undies shots.

As the old saying goes, dress for the job you want.
Feb 13 13 12:05 pm  Link  Quote 
  Search   Reply



main | browse | casting/travel | forums | shout box | help | advertising | contests | share | join the mayhem

more modelmayhem on: | | | edu

©2006-2014 ModelMayhem.com. All Rights Reserved.
MODEL MAYHEM is a registered trademark.
Toggle Worksafe Mode: Off | On
Terms | Privacy | Careers