login info join!
Forums > Critique > Serious Critique > Newbie seriously needing advice! Search   Reply
Model
Tia Harris
Posts: 17
Eivissa, Balearic Islands, Spain


I want to know what you think! what you like about my pictures, what you dislike and what i could do to improve. if you think i could be signed, if you would work with me and what you think i should charge as a fee, or anything you want to comment on, all opinions appreciated, bad or good! smile
Feb 16 13 10:50 am  Link  Quote 
Photographer
DOUGLASFOTOS
Posts: 8,289
Los Angeles, California, US


Feb 16 13 11:58 am  Link  Quote 
Photographer
GNapp Studios
Posts: 6,201
Somerville, New Jersey, US


What I don't like about your port is I look at the pictures in them and still don't know what you look like.

Forget the special effects and trickery and show some shots of what you look like.

Even your avatar is retouched way too much.
Feb 16 13 12:04 pm  Link  Quote 
Model
E e v a
Posts: 1,724
Nashville, Tennessee, US


Curse you! You sent me into about two minutes of clicking the links until i realized you looped them lol.

Op, agreed with GNapp. Next photos just get some clean clear shots of you.

I like this shot, and it should stay for now.
http://photos.modelmayhem.com/photos/13 … 1c9a88.jpg
But with this said, for your next shot, work on not puffing out your jaw/cheeks so much. It shows. Relax your face.

Feb 16 13 12:16 pm  Link  Quote 
Photographer
Bravo Magic Images
Posts: 765
Temple City, California, US


this may seem funny to you but the model is asking for help not for a joke also if you click on his link it will put you on an other tread link to which i commented to Tia now i have to write the whole thing and set it on this thread As a photographer i think there are places to joke around in and other places not to like you would not shit in your living room or i guess this photographer that thought it was funny to have people going all over the place might just do that on his living room just my two cents

Feb 16 13 12:35 pm  Link  Quote 
Photographer
Bravo Magic Images
Posts: 765
Temple City, California, US


Tia Harris wrote:
I want to know what you think! what you like about my pictures, what you dislike and what i could do to improve. if you think i could be signed, if you would work with me and what you think i should charge as a fee, or anything you want to comment on, all opinions appreciated, bad or good! smile

my original before getting dooped on that other link

Bravo Magic Images wrote:

Tia this is the only image that i can consider model worthy if that is what your are wanting to know. All of your other images do not have the quality or style fit to express your beauty and your talent. Work with Fashion photographer if Fashion is what you stride for or comercial and print photographers if that is your style of look. You seem to have images that I wouldnt even post on Myspace or facebook they are not artistic at all. My Point of view as when many models that want to be Pin Up models and have images on their ports that have them wearing an old dress that looks from the 60's but pose the look the style and the backgrounds dont have any representaion its like saying your a cowgirl cus you wear daisy dukes shorts. I hope i have been helpful to you.

http://photos.modelmayhem.com/photos/100413/15/4bc4ecf0e707a_m.jpg

Feb 16 13 12:37 pm  Link  Quote 
Model
Tia Harris
Posts: 17
Eivissa, Balearic Islands, Spain


Thanks for that Bravo, im new and confused, dont really know how to work everything on here yet and acidentally posted 2 same threads (dont have a clue how) then i saw your your reply on the other thread, wrote a long reply then it said it was locked sad but never mind i'll post it again here.

i really appreciate your feedback by the way, i know most of my photos are pretty poor (they were edited badly and i dont know how to get the original back, i literally have so many other photos, which in my opinion are better but have been messed around so badly i wouldnt post them anywhere). i totally agree with your comments but at the moment ive only got those photos to work with. but bit by bit.... im passionate so hopefully in the future that will help me grow smile
Feb 16 13 12:59 pm  Link  Quote 
Photographer
DOUGLASFOTOS
Posts: 8,289
Los Angeles, California, US


Bravo Magic Images wrote:

this may seem funny to you but the model is asking for help not for a joke also if you click on his link it will put you on an other tread link to which i commented to Tia now i have to write the whole thing and set it on this thread As a photographer i think there are places to joke around in and other places not to like you would not shit in your living room or i guess this photographer that thought it was funny to have people going all over the place might just do that on his living room just my two cents

This thread was locked on 2013-02-16 12:44:14. Reason: Please stick to one thread. Thanks.

Feb 16 13 02:02 pm  Link  Quote 
Photographer
The Effective Image
Posts: 3,943
Lansing, Michigan, US


DOUGLASFOTOS wrote:

This thread was locked on 2013-02-16 12:44:14. Reason: Please stick to one thread. Thanks.

Locked? I think not...

Feb 16 13 09:59 pm  Link  Quote 
  Search   Reply