login info join!
Forums > General Industry > rudness/unprofessionalism:( Search   Reply
12last
Model
Aaliyah Love
Posts: 113
Los Angeles, California, US


I am constantly discouraged and disappointed when I log onto this website and check my emails. Today alone, I got 4 emails. 2 of which are asking me out on dates, and another called me a bitch because I simply stated "sorry, I don't do TP work, as stated in my bio." (the 4th was fine, from a photographer offering me well below my rate, but we will discuss it and maybe work it out in one way or another, I hope)
This is the typical type of correspondence I have been getting on this website since I joined last year. I have encountered more "creepers" looking to get laid, or basically complete assholes who insult me, call me names, use curse words when I tell them that I'm not currently avail to do TP, or completely unprofessional people who have absolutely nothing to offer me. (even if they were amazing photographers, the way they talk to me, someone they've never even met, is a sign that I wouldn't want to work with them, ever)
I'm just wondering if this is the same experience the other models are getting here and if there's something that can be done?
I am already an experienced model who has pretty good luck with booking shoots with and without my agent, and I came to this website to meet and hopefully work with like minded people. I thought I would be able to book some extra shoots and create some amazing art with photographers and models I haven't met in LA yet, but do far this hasn't happened, and I'm so discouraged I'm about to delete my account:(
Feb 16 13 12:32 pm  Link  Quote 
Photographer
Bravo Magic Images
Posts: 765
Temple City, California, US


First off don't give up on this site due to those GWC headjobs there are so many in here they should have a lable that says Ima a GWC which stands for Guy or Girl With Camera. Some photographers do not have the ediqite to respeck models as Talent they tend to go by the nakiedness rather than the artisticnes of their beauty.

That is one thing we all go thru even some photographers from unexpieranced models aswell. All I can tell you is if you take things to personal you always take the pain just let it ride and see them for the fools that they are and the fact that they lost out on a fantastic oppertunity to shoot with such beauty and talent. Good luck and never give up.
Feb 16 13 12:48 pm  Link  Quote 
Photographer
Looknsee Photography
Posts: 21,381
Portland, Oregon, US


There is no "membership filter" for becoming part of the MM community.

Think about that for a moment.  Would you really want a filter?  How would newbies get their start?  Who decides whether an "applicant" is worthy?

You can & should report the creeps asking for dates to the moderators.  I wouldn't recommend that you engage them directly, even to say "no, thank you".

You are welcome to ask for whatever compensation you want, but everyone else can accept, decline, or make a counter offer.  If someone asks you for a TF* session or a low ball rate, you can decline.  But how you respond will indicate your level of professionalism, too.
Feb 16 13 12:48 pm  Link  Quote 
Photographer
Rik Austin
Posts: 11,009
Austin, Texas, US


Moderator Note!
If they are asking you for a date or are way out of line report them.  That is the only way we can get rid of creeps.

http://www.ripoffreport.com
Feb 16 13 12:49 pm  Link  Quote 
Photographer
ontherocks
Posts: 22,428
Salem, Oregon, US


maybe put out different bait? have your portfolio mostly full of headshots and artsy clothed fashion-y shots. maybe the glamour stuff just brings out too many of the horndogs? or maybe you're just too darned sexy for the average mayhem member to handle!

i've had glamour models talk about guys asking if they can take it out at shoots. mayhem can be kind of crazy like that sometimes.

you shouldn't be put in a situation where you have to put a moderator on speed dial. that's unfortunate.
Feb 16 13 01:03 pm  Link  Quote 
guide forum
Photographer
Rays Fine Art
Posts: 6,177
New York, New York, US


I'll be curious to see the results as well.  I enjoy talking to the models I work with and, while they sometimes mention these problems, they seem to get to a point of severe frustration or improper behavior pretty rarely.  Generally when they do occur they are pretty easily put down.

Could it be a geographic problem to some degree?  It seems to me that I see this sort of thread started more often on the West Coast, although that may be just an impression on my part.  Certainly, the responses seem to come from all over.

Could it be the type of modeling the model does?  Again, just my impression, but the Art Nude models seem to have less of these problems than the Playboy-type models.  And if it actually is more prevalent based on style, what can the models do to minimize it and still work in their chosen style?

It should be an informative thread.
Feb 16 13 01:06 pm  Link  Quote 
Photographer
WIP
Posts: 15,427
Cheltenham, England, United Kingdom


Rays Fine Art wrote:
Could it be a geographic problem to some degree?  It seems to me that I see this sort of thread started more often on the West Coast,

'I wish they all could be California girls '

I blame the Beach Boys they started it.

@Aaliyah Love I think their picking up on your credits hence the lurid offers.

Feb 16 13 01:18 pm  Link  Quote 
Photographer
T-D-L
Posts: 10,303
Los Angeles, California, US


You're on a hobbyist website and expecting professionalism from everyone.  Well....I think I've found your problem...

Are some capable of handling themselves in a professional manner?  Sure.  But even then that term is still relative.  You said you had an agent, go through him for paid work if you don't like the GWC's you'll surely encounter here.
Feb 16 13 01:28 pm  Link  Quote 
Photographer
Velvet Paper Photo
Posts: 468
Lexington, Kentucky, US


Maybe make the part in your bio about only accepting paid work more dominant.  You have a lot going on there & it's easily lost in the rest or the text.
I know it sucks to have to do silly stuff like that but you really do have to dumb it down for a lot of folks on this site.
EDIT:  And update this part: "My time only allows for 2 or 3 trades a month, and I am OVERBOOKED in that category until 2013."
Feb 16 13 01:37 pm  Link  Quote 
Photographer
ontherocks
Posts: 22,428
Salem, Oregon, US


maybe she should be on here under a different name and disconnect it from the other stuff she does. i know models who are also strippers and webcam girls and they don't always choose to mention that here. it could be good for cross-promotion but it's also kind of like waving a red flag at a bull. this isn't like zivity where the guys are either paying or had to post up a set. here you just need 4 halfway decent photos to get started.

c_h_r_i_s wrote:
@Aaliyah Love I think their picking up on your credits hence the lurid offers.

Feb 16 13 01:38 pm  Link  Quote 
Photographer
Lora Weaver
Posts: 3,541
Alexandria, Virginia, US


Yes, please report the creepers!
Feb 16 13 01:39 pm  Link  Quote 
Photographer
Aaron Lewis Photography
Posts: 5,083
Catskill, New York, US


You worry to much. Ignore the bad and feed from the good.
Feb 16 13 02:27 pm  Link  Quote 
Model
Wynd Mulysa
Posts: 8,597
Berkeley, California, US


I almost never get messages like this.
I was going to say that maybe it's because I'm above 21, but you are only one year younger than I am.  We both do nudes.  But I don't have as much glamour stuff as you do.  It could be that I've been on the site longer but I doubt anyone looks at your date joined before asking you out.  Maybe LA is more predatory than SF? 

Do they just send you messages off the bat that are inappropriate?  I get messages from people that are just telling me that they like my work, or even the way I look, but are hardly ever lewd.  Sorry you are dealing with this!
[edit: I do deal with creeps on this website but usually it's more of a we've-been-talking-about-shooting-for-a-week-and-now-they're-talking-about-their-penis kinda thing.]

Has it always been like this for you or do you think those messages have become more common with time?
Feb 16 13 02:34 pm  Link  Quote 
Model
Caitin Bre
Posts: 2,205
Naperville, Illinois, US


It gets old but it is a good site for making contacts quickly.
I wouldn't give up just ignore and know there are jerks everywhere now a days.
But there are allot of very nice and talented photographers here as well.
Good with the bad. I have noticed how ever the mods act very fast here! don't hesitate to contact them.
I finally did and allot of crap stopped very quickly.
Almost like one jerk was using several accounts. Strange.
Feb 16 13 02:39 pm  Link  Quote 
Model
Wynd Mulysa
Posts: 8,597
Berkeley, California, US


Oh, also, I really like that you say "TP" instead of "TFP."
Feb 16 13 02:40 pm  Link  Quote 
Photographer
M Pandolfo Photography
Posts: 12,116
Tampa, Florida, US


Mrs. Garrett had the best advice:

"You take the good, you take the bad,
you take them both and there you have
The Facts of Life, the Facts of Life.

When the world never seems
to be livin' up to your dreams
And suddenly you're finding out
the Facts of Life are all about you, you."
Feb 16 13 02:48 pm  Link  Quote 
Photographer
Rob Barbery Photography
Posts: 691
Clovis, California, US


Our culture is rude.  It's everywhere.  Combine rudeness with stupidity and you've got the modern American culture.  I always make a point to compliment someone when they are courteous and go out of their way to be nice.  They are still out there among the rude, gutter mouth, know it all types.  Ya know 'em when ya hear 'em.  I guess it goes hand in hand with the entitlement society we've become.
Feb 16 13 03:06 pm  Link  Quote 
Photographer
Patrick Walberg
Posts: 42,654
Salinas, California, US


Rik Austin wrote:
If they are asking you for a date or are way out of line report them.  That is the only way we can get rid of creeps.

http://www.ripoffreport.com

This!  "Modelmayhem is not a dating site!"  Yet there will always be someone trying to use it as such.  hmm

Feb 16 13 03:30 pm  Link  Quote 
Photographer
Patrick Walberg
Posts: 42,654
Salinas, California, US


Aaliyah Love wrote:
I am constantly discouraged and disappointed when I log onto this website and check my emails. Today alone, I got 4 emails. 2 of which are asking me out on dates, and another called me a bitch because I simply stated "sorry, I don't do TP work, as stated in my bio." (the 4th was fine, from a photographer offering me well below my rate, but we will discuss it and maybe work it out in one way or another, I hope)
This is the typical type of correspondence I have been getting on this website since I joined last year. I have encountered more "creepers" looking to get laid, or basically complete assholes who insult me, call me names, use curse words when I tell them that I'm not currently avail to do TP, or completely unprofessional people who have absolutely nothing to offer me. (even if they were amazing photographers, the way they talk to me, someone they've never even met, is a sign that I wouldn't want to work with them, ever)
I'm just wondering if this is the same experience the other models are getting here and if there's something that can be done?
I am already an experienced model who has pretty good luck with booking shoots with and without my agent, and I came to this website to meet and hopefully work with like minded people. I thought I would be able to book some extra shoots and create some amazing art with photographers and models I haven't met in LA yet, but do far this hasn't happened, and I'm so discouraged I'm about to delete my account:(

I'm sorry that has been your experience.   There are always going to be jerks online with websites that are open like this one is.  As Modelmayhem is more inclusive than exclusive, you are also going to reach more people as well.  You and I are "friends" on here, and I really do want to work with you someday when I travel to the LA area, or if you happen to travel to my area.  So please don't be discouraged by a few jerks. 

You have quite a good portfolio of many glamour type shots.  Although I do see artistic value to glamour work, glamour nude shots are always going to get more of the "creeper" kind of attention on a site like MM than art nudes because that's just the way the majority of males are wired.  Those "creepers" that send inappropriate messages to you should be reported!  Don't give up, as I would like to see you "create some amazing art!"

Feb 16 13 03:41 pm  Link  Quote 
Model
Aaliyah Love
Posts: 113
Los Angeles, California, US


twoharts wrote:
maybe put out different bait? have your portfolio mostly full of headshots and artsy clothed fashion-y shots. maybe the glamour stuff just brings out too many of the horndogs? or maybe you're just too darned sexy for the average mayhem member to handle!

i've had glamour models talk about guys asking if they can take it out at shoots. mayhem can be kind of crazy like that sometimes.

you shouldn't be put in a situation where you have to put a moderator on speed dial. that's unfortunate.

I'm not going to change the pics in my port, that is the type of modeling I do, this is my body of work.

Feb 16 13 07:53 pm  Link  Quote 
Model
Aaliyah Love
Posts: 113
Los Angeles, California, US


Wynd Mulysa wrote:
I almost never get messages like this.
I was going to say that maybe it's because I'm above 21, but you are only one year younger than I am.  We both do nudes.  But I don't have as much glamour stuff as you do.  It could be that I've been on the site longer but I doubt anyone looks at your date joined before asking you out.  Maybe LA is more predatory than SF? 

Do they just send you messages off the bat that are inappropriate?  I get messages from people that are just telling me that they like my work, or even the way I look, but are hardly ever lewd.  Sorry you are dealing with this!
[edit: I do deal with creeps on this website but usually it's more of a we've-been-talking-about-shooting-for-a-week-and-now-they're-talking-about-their-penis kinda thing.]

Has it always been like this for you or do you think those messages have become more common with time?

It is both.. I've had straight up offers from the very first email.. for example, I've now had two male llamas tell me "We can have lots of fun.. on cam and off!" (they both used the exact same line.. how original. When I asked them both "What do you mean by that? I'm just here to book legit, professional shoots" one asked me out on a date and the other went into great detail about how he "pleasured himself" to my pics. I blocked them both.
Then, what's worse IMO, is I've had people waste my time going back and forth with 5-10 emails, phone calls, etc.. before they get to the "so how do you feel about a man's hand in the pics, groping you?" (it's ALWAYS their hand, btw) and this has happened I'd say 5 or 6 times.

and here is a perfect example, an email, copied word for word, that I just 2 days ago:
Happy Early Valentines Day. How's your week going? I am getting back to LA from Miami tomorrow, it was amazing - sweet tan. I saw your profile and I wanted to see if you would like to have dinner this next week and talk about llamaing. This weekend is really busy, Sunday at 7:45 pm - are you available then?
my reply:
Dinner? I'm confused..would you like to book me for a shoot?
And no I'm not avail this weekend at all, I'm shooting the next 5 days in a row actly.
What were you thinking of shooting? Lets start there
his reply:
Looking to learn about you and your career. What are you doing for valentines day?

so he wasn't so creepy or direct in his approach, but I don't feel like this was a conversation about shooting, it was asking me out on a date.

I know I should just ignore this kind of coorespondence and only focus on the serious business proposals, but wading thru the 95% of bs is kind of a waste of time:/

Feb 16 13 08:00 pm  Link  Quote 
Photographer
Hi_Spade Photography
Posts: 897
Darlington, South Carolina, US


Michael Pandolfo wrote:
Mrs. Garrett had the best advice:

"You take the good, you take the bad,
you take them both and there you have
The Facts of Life, the Facts of Life.

When the world never seems
to be livin' up to your dreams
And suddenly you're finding out
the Facts of Life are all about you, you."

Michael, now you're telling everyone your age wink.

Feb 16 13 08:03 pm  Link  Quote 
Model
Aaliyah Love
Posts: 113
Los Angeles, California, US


and another email from earlier today:

he asks me for a TP shoot.
my reply:
sorry but I'm not avail for trade shoots, as stated in my bio.
his reply:
Update your listing then, as when you search it says TFP or Depends on Assignment.
And stop being such a bi0tch. ; )
my reply:
Well thank you for letting me know, I am new to this website and if I can figure out how, I will change my bio asap. But I don't appreciate being called a bitch because of it, even if you did put a smiley face after it.
I wouldn't talk to someone wanting to shoot with that way, nor would I work with someone who talks to models that way:/
his reply:
Well, then you shouldn't have such an aloof attitude.  Face it, you were rude, and so I will talk that way, because I'm not going to be disrespected.  : )


so I was being "aloof" and a "bitch" and "disrespecting him" because I stated I don't do TP? seriously? maybe I should have put smiley faces after my sentences and kissed his ass and apologized instead of being direct and to the point? ugh.. stuff like this just frustrates me and turns me off to this website. hmm
Feb 16 13 08:04 pm  Link  Quote 
Photographer
Marin Photography NYC
Posts: 7,199
New York, New York, US


Report them, block them and continue...
Feb 16 13 08:05 pm  Link  Quote 
Model
GQ The Couture Model
Posts: 316
Seattle, Washington, US


One time I had a project go south after a simple misunderstanding but I look at it this way it was the photographers loss not mine.
Feb 16 13 08:06 pm  Link  Quote 
Photographer
Greg Kolack
Posts: 17,806
Downers Grove, Illinois, US


Aaliyah Love wrote:
and another email from earlier today:

he asks me for a TP shoot.
my reply:
sorry but I'm not avail for trade shoots, as stated in my bio.
his reply:
Update your listing then, as when you search it says TFP or Depends on Assignment.
And stop being such a bi0tch. ; )
my reply:
Well thank you for letting me know, I am new to this website and if I can figure out how, I will change my bio asap. But I don't appreciate being called a bitch because of it, even if you did put a smiley face after it.
I wouldn't talk to someone wanting to shoot with that way, nor would I work with someone who talks to models that way:/
his reply:
Well, then you shouldn't have such an aloof attitude.  Face it, you were rude, and so I will talk that way, because I'm not going to be disrespected.  : )


so I was being "aloof" and a "bitch" and "disrespecting him" because I stated I don't do TP? seriously? maybe I should have put smiley faces after my sentences and kissed his ass and apologized instead of being direct and to the point? ugh.. stuff like this just frustrates me and turns me off to this website. hmm

Not worth getting upset about. Let it go and move on. There will always be folks like that - not much you can do.

Feb 16 13 08:08 pm  Link  Quote 
Model
Aaliyah Love
Posts: 113
Los Angeles, California, US


Wynd Mulysa wrote:
Oh, also, I really like that you say "TP" instead of "TFP."

oops lol I don't really know the terminology. In my world, we just call it a "trade shoot." And with the kind of crazy attitudes I've gotten from complete strangers on this website, I would be weary to agree to do any sort of it off of MM. What if I had said yes to that guy who called me a bitch? Would he of kissed my ass instead until I got to the shoot, then disrespected me when he didn't get what he wanted from me? ..probably..
I only do trade shoots with people I know and trust, and photographers whom I know are going to produce the kind of content that we can BOTH use and profit off of, in one way or another. I shoot trade with people I've already met and worked with. Also, I always have the agreement with trade shoots that if either of us book a paid shoot, as long as it's not same day, it's ok to reschedule. (money always comes first, we all have bills to pay) which I would really only be comfortable agreeing to with someone I'm cool with, so they don't come to these very forums and flame me for being a flake or something along those lines. But now I digress from the topic at hand..

Feb 16 13 08:10 pm  Link  Quote 
Model
Aaliyah Love
Posts: 113
Los Angeles, California, US


GQ The Couture Model wrote:
One time I had a project go south after a simple misunderstanding but I look at it this way it was the photographers loss not mine.

wurd.. and that's the advice I would give anybody starting a thread like this I suppose. I have a tough skin and no ego (you have to be to survive in this business) so I'm really not sure why I do let it bother me so much on this website in particular.. I guess because it's like 95% of the communication I get here.. it just wears on me:/

Feb 16 13 08:12 pm  Link  Quote 
Photographer
Kyle T Edwards
Posts: 431
St Catharines, Ontario, Canada


Even if it said in the listing that you do Trade, it read right in your bio that you don't, so if the person who emailed you spent two minutes looking at your work, they'd have noticed that right away.  Because of that, they still don't have any excuse.  And disrespecting you like that is completely uncalled for.  I'm with the others - I'd report it.

And although I had nothing to do with this, I'm sorry that you're having to go through it.  That just ain't right.

twoharts wrote:
i've had glamour models talk about guys asking if they can take it out at shoots. mayhem can be kind of crazy like that sometimes.

Most of my shoots have been glamour or nude, and I've never even thought about doing that.  Forget thinking about it seriously, I mean even remotely considering it.  Do they think they're in the Champagne Room or something?  That is 32 flavours of messed up!!

Feb 16 13 09:45 pm  Link  Quote 
Photographer
Orca Bay Images
Posts: 32,233
Lodi, California, US


Marin Photography wrote:
Report them, block them and continue...

+1

Feb 16 13 10:12 pm  Link  Quote 
Photographer
Chuckarelei
Posts: 9,466
Seattle, Washington, US


Aaliyah Love wrote:
and another email from earlier today:

he asks me for a TP shoot.
my reply:
sorry but I'm not avail for trade shoots, as stated in my bio.
his reply:
Update your listing then, as when you search it says TFP or Depends on Assignment.
And stop being such a bi0tch. ; )
my reply:
Well thank you for letting me know, I am new to this website and if I can figure out how, I will change my bio asap. But I don't appreciate being called a bitch because of it, even if you did put a smiley face after it.
I wouldn't talk to someone wanting to shoot with that way, nor would I work with someone who talks to models that way:/

his reply:
Well, then you shouldn't have such an aloof attitude.  Face it, you were rude, and so I will talk that way, because I'm not going to be disrespected.  : )

so I was being "aloof" and a "bitch" and "disrespecting him" because I stated I don't do TP? seriously? maybe I should have put smiley faces after my sentences and kissed his ass and apologized instead of being direct and to the point? ugh.. stuff like this just frustrates me and turns me off to this website. hmm

As soon as it came to that, I would have stopped, ignored and blocked. Why bother to go on?

Feb 16 13 10:52 pm  Link  Quote 
Photographer
PhotographybyT
Posts: 7,641
Monterey, California, US


Aaliyah Love wrote:
... and I'm so discouraged I'm about to delete my account:(

NOOOOOOOO! tongue

People sometimes suck, whether it's here or in the real world. Easy to say but hard to follow, but try not to let them get you down.

Hopefully, you'll continue to find good folks here to work with that makes it worth the while to stick around.

Feb 16 13 11:36 pm  Link  Quote 
Photographer
LA StarShooter
Posts: 1,840
Los Angeles, California, US


I'm sorry it is so tough for you and I hope things improve soon.
Feb 17 13 12:15 am  Link  Quote 
Photographer
Mask Photo
Posts: 1,398
Fremont, California, US


Aaliyah Love wrote:
(the 4th was fine, from a photographer offering me well below my rate, but we will discuss it and maybe work it out in one way or another, I hope)

*looks at your port*

I'm 100% sure most photographers on here have no hope of approaching your rate, since it's got to be off the charts.

Pardon me while I add you to my "when I have a limitless budget" list.

Cheers!

Feb 17 13 01:56 am  Link  Quote 
Photographer
KonstantKarma
Posts: 2,513
Hickory, North Carolina, US


Firstly, you're in LA, and there's a lot of people there. Proportionally, that just means more creeps. Small town you've got 9 great photographers, one creepo - Huge city you can add a few zeroes to both.  But it should mean a lot of great opportunities too.

You shouldn't change your port or delete your nudes. They're tasteful and quality photos. There's no need for that.

I don't want to toe over the line into critique, and I am not making excuses for unprofessional behavior, but there are some things you could do to decrease that.

You might consider editing the text in your bio. The first half is fine...and then it turns into something written by a silly teenager and newbie. Again, not trying to critique.. I don't want to pick it apart but maybe you could find someone to help you rewrite it so that you appear more professional and as someone looking for professional opportunities.

No need to delete your MM account. There are a lot of good llamaling and networking opportunities here. There are a lot of bullshitters too.  You get to choose who you work with.  You have a great llamaling portfolio so it appears you can do that skillfully. Keep doing it. smile
Feb 17 13 04:55 am  Link  Quote 
Artist/Painter
Hunter GWPB
Posts: 1,376
King of Prussia, Pennsylvania, US


Civility is not the strong suit of our society.  I am often frustrated by the "no response is a response" attitude.  If I spoke to people as they have spoken to you, I would expect no less than "no response". 

If you want to change your "compensation level", go to MY STUFF and click EDIT PROFILE.  You can do your updates there.  I suggest that you remove the date on your statement about being overbooked for TF projects, if not all references to doing any TF.

There is no justification for someone calling you a bitch.  Like the others, I say, block and report.
Feb 17 13 06:59 am  Link  Quote 
Photographer
37photog
Posts: 692
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, US


OP don't let them get you down. Don't be soft, we got your back;)

Stick around a while!
Feb 17 13 07:11 am  Link  Quote 
Photographer
David Westlake
Posts: 1,527
Mansfield Center, Connecticut, US


The OP also complained about a photographer offering her less than the rate she quoted. As long as nobody gets rude this is called negotiation, it is done in all businesses.
Feb 17 13 07:12 am  Link  Quote 
Photographer
JQuest
Posts: 1,408
Syracuse, New York, US


Not critiquing your bio or anything, but you may be having problems with the TF/P, TP or trade work because your bio clearly implies that you do TF 2 to 3 times per month and you are overbooked on them until 2013. Well it is 2013.  smile

So I suspect that it's possible that your telling someone who asks if you are available for trade work and your reply that you don't do trade work...well, they might feel as if they are the one being bait and switched on.

Just saying. As for the other issues, unprofessional message etc. as others have said, contact a mod.
Feb 17 13 07:21 am  Link  Quote 
Photographer
Light and Lens Studio
Posts: 1,362
Sisters, Oregon, US


Aaliyah Love wrote:
.................This is the typical type of correspondence I have been getting on this website since I joined last year. I have encountered more "creepers" looking to get laid, or basically complete assholes who insult me, call me names, use curse words when I tell them that I'm not currently avail to do TP, or completely unprofessional people who have absolutely nothing to offer me. (even if they were amazing photographers, the way they talk to me, someone they've never even met, is a sign that I wouldn't want to work with them, ever)
I'm just wondering if this is the same experience the other models are getting here and if there's something that can be done?

I hear this from a lot of models.  Every society has its share of rude jerks and a**holes.  Some have a higher percentage than others and I'm afraid the USA has more than its share. 

Agree with the many posters that have suggested that you report them to a mod.  That will weed some of the more egregious offenders out. 

Then, you have to just move on.  Glad that you are sticking with it rather than bailing out; sadly, a lot of models do bail because of the rude and lewd messages they get.

The Law of Karma Re-stated: Time wounds all heels

Feb 17 13 07:31 am  Link  Quote 
12last   Search   Reply