login info join!
Forums > Off-Topic Discussion > SF2: Ess Effin Two > What's in a name? Search   Reply
Model
Dead account
Posts: 1,291
Sydney, New South Wales, Australia


I need to find a new one. Help me pick!

I want to distance my modeling self from my real safe. The name that I'm currently using is my real name (not all of it, but enough that people could find me though a quick google search).

I'm a big fan of alliteration and I want to keep the second name short. Oh and I'll keep using Mary, because honestly I can't even imagine myself with any other first name.

My thoughts so far..
Mary Mair
Mary Marr
Mary Marx
Mary Metz
Mary Mcrow
Mary Milns

And I kind of like Mary Mare, but I don't know if that sounds a little silly.

Ideas?
Feb 24 13 04:42 am  Link  Quote 
Photographer
ArtisticPhotography
Posts: 7,699
Buffalo, New York, US


Your from Australia
Mad Max was from Australia.
Everyone n Australia is related.
Therefore "Mary Max".
Feb 24 13 04:58 am  Link  Quote 
Photographer
Lawrence Guy
Posts: 17,647
LAKE PEEKSKILL, New York, US


Mary Minx

/Mary Me
Feb 24 13 05:07 am  Link  Quote 
Photographer
scrymettet
Posts: 31,818
Quebec, Quebec, Canada


ArtisticPhotography wrote:
Your from Australia
Mad Max was from Australia.
Everyone n Australia is related.
Therefore "Mary Max".

Mary Mad
Mad Mary

Feb 24 13 06:27 am  Link  Quote 
Photographer
Jim Shibley
Posts: 2,872
Phoenix, Arizona, US


Mary Maxed?
Feb 24 13 07:31 am  Link  Quote 
Photographer
Michael Broughton
Posts: 2,203
Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada


mary broughton. wink
Feb 24 13 08:40 am  Link  Quote 
Photographer
scrymettet
Posts: 31,818
Quebec, Quebec, Canada


the model once known as Mary Thomson
Feb 24 13 08:48 am  Link  Quote 
Photographer
Greybeard Images
Posts: 505
San Martin, California, US


Mary Mary quite contrary
Contrary Mary
Feb 24 13 09:03 am  Link  Quote 
Model
Dead account
Posts: 1,291
Sydney, New South Wales, Australia


Haha I dont want it to sound like a silly made up name, I want it to sound like an actual name. I guess Mary Maxe wouldn't be too bad.
Feb 24 13 10:51 am  Link  Quote 
Artist/Painter
Two Pears Studio
Posts: 3,318
Wilmington, Delaware, US


Sydney Wales.
Feb 24 13 02:29 pm  Link  Quote 
Photographer
Michael Broughton
Posts: 2,203
Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada


mary onette
Feb 24 13 02:41 pm  Link  Quote 
Photographer
Jim Ball
Posts: 17,084
Frontenac, Kansas, US


Contrary Mary
Feb 24 13 02:56 pm  Link  Quote 
Photographer
Marc Damon
Posts: 6,562
Biloxi, Mississippi, US


Mary Thomas
Feb 24 13 03:15 pm  Link  Quote 
Photographer
Paolo Diavolo
Posts: 8,263
Pleasant Hill, California, US


Mary Diavolo.

You can take my last name.
HOLLA! wink


I do like Mary Maxe, but what about all your other stuff thats spread all over the internet? What if you just used Mary, and then your last three initials? as the last name.
Feb 24 13 03:29 pm  Link  Quote 
Model
Dead account
Posts: 1,291
Sydney, New South Wales, Australia


Paolo Diavolo wrote:
Mary Diavolo.

You can take my last name.
HOLLA! wink


I do like Mary Maxe, but what about all your other stuff thats spread all over the internet? What if you just used Mary, and then your last three initials? as the last name.

Someone already suggested that above, you goose.

Its cool, I'm happy with all of my current stuff holding this name. I'm looking to expand my work in different directions that aren't so closely linked to my real self. I know there will still be connections that people can make, but they'll be a little harder.

Feb 24 13 03:43 pm  Link  Quote 
Photographer
udor
Posts: 21,959
New York, New York, US


Mary Thomson wrote:
I need to find a new one. Help me pick!

I want to distance my modeling self from my real safe. The name that I'm currently using is my real name (not all of it, but enough that people could find me though a quick google search).

I'm a big fan of alliteration and I want to keep the second name short. Oh and I'll keep using Mary, because honestly I can't even imagine myself with any other first name.

My thoughts so far..
Mary Mair
Mary Marr
Mary Marx
Mary Metz
Mary Mcrow
Mary Milns

And I kind of like Mary Mare, but I don't know if that sounds a little silly.

Ideas?

Maria Tomasino

Feb 24 13 03:49 pm  Link  Quote 
Photographer
Greybeard Images
Posts: 505
San Martin, California, US


Mary Nosmoth
Feb 24 13 03:56 pm  Link  Quote 
Photographer
Don A Long
Posts: 2,625
Jacksonville, Florida, US


Mary Anastasia
Feb 25 13 06:51 pm  Link  Quote 
Photographer
BlueMoonPics
Posts: 4,093
New York, New York, US


Mary Mary quite contrary.
Shave that... Oh never mind.

I think you should be symbols.
♀♥♪♫
Feb 25 13 07:44 pm  Link  Quote 
Photographer
Zebadiah _MI
Posts: 13,371
Ann Arbor, Michigan, US


Merry Minx?

Mary Minx?
Feb 25 13 10:23 pm  Link  Quote 
Photographer
DougBPhoto
Posts: 37,785
Portland, Oregon, US


Mary Annette





(doll that you are)
Feb 25 13 10:28 pm  Link  Quote 
Photographer
Kev Lawson
Posts: 7,035
Las Vegas, Nevada, US


I hate to be the spoil sport here, but lets be real for a minute.

You have been quoted on the fora, maybe 1000's of times? Those do not change. So, no matter what you do, other than tracking down every time you have ever been quoted and asking the person that quoted you to change their quote; changing your name is an exercise in futility.

Sorry sad
Feb 25 13 11:50 pm  Link  Quote 
Photographer
DougBPhoto
Posts: 37,785
Portland, Oregon, US


UltimateAppeal wrote:
I hate to be the spoil sport here, but lets be real for a minute.

You have been quoted on the fora, maybe 1000's of times? Those do not change. So, no matter what you do, other than tracking down every time you have ever been quoted and asking the person that quoted you to change their quote; changing your name is an exercise in futility.

Sorry sad

thus a new account with a new name...   

You are right though, it is very unfortunate that the entirety of the forums are completely searchable to anyone on the internet, and that quotes on this site are converted to text, so that when someone changes their name, that change has no impact on previous quoted materials.

Feb 26 13 12:19 am  Link  Quote 
Photographer
Becks
Posts: 31,792
Atlanta, Georgia, US


Mary Madison?

Mary Monroe?

I have no idea lol

I came up with 'becks' before i thought to use a different name in the forums than my business name. At this point, it's too late for me, so I just said fuck it lol Que sera, sera. If I were to change it now it would be fucking with my brand.

I mean, not that I have a brand, but, people know me by this name. I'm becks lol
Feb 26 13 09:37 pm  Link  Quote 
  Search   Reply



main | browse | casting/travel | forums | shout box | help | advertising | contests | share | join the mayhem

more modelmayhem on: | | | edu

©2006-2014 ModelMayhem.com. All Rights Reserved.
MODEL MAYHEM is a registered trademark.
Toggle Worksafe Mode: Off | On
Terms | Privacy | Careers