login info join!
Forums > Photography Talk > Advice for shooting people on the beach at sunset? Search   Reply
12last
Photographer
Sensual Magic
Posts: 1,636
Upland, California, US


I've got a gig Tuesday evening: an engaged couple's shoot, at this location in Laguna Beach, CA, at sunset:

http://cthompson.zenfolio.com/img/s2/v58/p1170752980-3.jpg

Got any advice for shooting people on the beach at sunset? I will not have a reflector, but I will bring a speedlight.
Feb 25 13 09:09 pm  Link  Quote 
Photographer
Aaron Lewis Photography
Posts: 5,082
Catskill, New York, US


Funny thing cause I'm gearing up to do a collaborative shoot in Aruba with a couple of MM models.

My approach, having shot tons of beach and sunsets without models will be to use the natural light as the key or kicker depending on the situation then fill with a reflector and use a speed light to throw some highlights or even as a primary fill or front light.

I think you're going to want a reflector out there. Do you have one? You obviously know how to use light, just treat the sun as a small unfiltered light source. Use it for what it's worth.

I'll tell you this, have your shit together, your time frame is very short and you'll loose light fast, be aware of the constantly diminishing light.
Feb 25 13 09:16 pm  Link  Quote 
Photographer
R Michael Walker
Posts: 11,974
Costa Mesa, California, US


Get a permit. Laguna can be VERY snooty about photography on the beach. Other than that, speedlight of camera, remote trigger and an assistant to hold it. Make it 1 stop brighter than the back ground (Or more to suit your taste) to catch the golden sunset (Assuming you shoot into the sun). If the sun is over your shoulder, longest lens you have with a mono pod to steady it and shoot available light to catch the warm colors on the body. Makes everyone look tan. And don't WB on auto or it's gone. Use direct sun or cloudy if you want to enhance the warmth.
Feb 25 13 09:25 pm  Link  Quote 
Photographer
Igmar Photography
Posts: 42
New York, New York, US


Shoot the sunset and setting and background and adjust your camera for the look of the background you want. shutter speed, aperture, iso. Use filters if you need to. Just shoot the background and adjust for the background only.

Then set up your speedlight, put the model in your shot, point the speedlight at the model,  and play with the intensity and distance and zoom and etc of the speedlight. to get the right look of the model that you want. Your background is already set, so now you can play with different lighting on the foreground model to get the look that you want by adjusting the speedlight or using reflectors, etc.

If the background is too bright, put an nd filter on your camera first.

And skip Laguna. Drive up to Malibu beach, no one bothers you there. I shoot there once a month.

You can shoot auto WB assuming your shooting RAW with a program that allows WB alterations in post.
Feb 25 13 09:30 pm  Link  Quote 
Photographer
photoguy35
Posts: 911
Goodyear, Arizona, US


Know where the sun will set at the location so you can plan ahead.  Lots of people get surprised when is sets behind a hill, not the ocean, depending on the beach and time of year.

Consider shooting raw+jpg to allow yourself the most flexibility with adjusting color balance, shadows, etc.

If using fill flash, consider using a warming gel to better match the sun color.  This one took a bunch of selective color balance tweaking in photoshop because the fill flash basically made the model look blue.

http://www.modelmayhem.com/portfolio/pic/25071371

Try and get the background to be about the same exposure as the face.  In both of the following, the exposure was based on the models face, with verification that the background wouldn't be too blown out (no reflector or fill flash, shot on slide film so no chimping).

http://www.modelmayhem.com/portfolio/pic/1100147
(note that both the models face and the background are in shadow)

http://www.modelmayhem.com/portfolio/pic/1100156
(note that the side of the models face and the building in the background are lit the same)
Feb 25 13 09:35 pm  Link  Quote 
Photographer
ForeverFotos
Posts: 6,620
Indianapolis, Indiana, US


1) Be sure to use a light meter FREQUENTLY. Your light will disappear much faster than you can imagine.
2) Also, try to remember that the beach will be WINDY, you may not be able to use reflectors because of that. Having an assistant will be worth the price of a bucket of gold.
3) Get to your location early so you can see the effects of sun and wind as they change, and they WILL change.

http://photos.modelmayhem.com/photos/090522/09/4a16cf8dbb31b.jpg

yep, there's a little wind out there, even on the calmest day.
Feb 25 13 09:45 pm  Link  Quote 
Photographer
Michael Broughton
Posts: 2,208
Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada


will the sun be setting behind those cliffs? if so, you're going to want to get there early. if you can, go there the day before the shoot and mark down the exact time when the spot you'll be shooting at stops being hit by direct sunlight. then take some test shots or meter readings to figure out just how much time you'll have after that to shoot before there just isn't enough light anymore. and get a reflector. tongue
Feb 25 13 10:08 pm  Link  Quote 
Photographer
Mark
Posts: 2,889
New York, New York, US


bring a nice warm blanket in case it gets chilly- shivering people are hard to shoot. maybe a mono pod or just a long rod to push into the sand to use as camera support for low shutter speed shots and  makes for smooth waves.  If no reflector bring a 2-3 foot sq piece of white card board as a bounce- you could always recruit a passerby as a temporary assistant to hold it.

also if you have a stool or small bench it might be fun to have them sit on it for the shot

youtube has some good clips on shoots like this from camera companies
good luck
Feb 25 13 10:20 pm  Link  Quote 
Photographer
LA StarShooter
Posts: 1,794
Los Angeles, California, US


An assistant with a reflector is just awesome. I use WB on auto and in the twilight hours go to the auto balance that captures the warmer tones. Shooting raw with basic gives a lot of options for processing later. I think of outdoor shooting is a great test of the command of light and shadows. Beware the subjects turning into the shadows. Good luck.
Feb 25 13 10:23 pm  Link  Quote 
Photographer
Mask Photo
Posts: 1,390
Fremont, California, US


Michael Broughton wrote:
will the sun be setting behind those cliffs?

http://goo.gl/maps/gULwY

looks like most of the little bays will have the sun setting near but not behind the cliffs, depending on the time of year. in the winter, the sun is more southerly, so it might be occluded on the westernmost "bay". The others seem to have good westward-facing beaches, so the sun shouldn't be hidden unless you're right up near the cliffs.

Feb 25 13 11:03 pm  Link  Quote 
Photographer
Ian Brooks Photography
Posts: 577
Kincardine, Ontario, Canada


Keep shooting after the sunsets.  Some of my favorite light is post sunset.   Just keep cranking up the ISO.  Keep your models still to avoid 'ghosting'.
Consider a slight warming gel for you flash. Background light is very warm, flash is not.
Feb 26 13 04:57 am  Link  Quote 
Photographer
Sensual Magic
Posts: 1,636
Upland, California, US


R Michael Walker wrote:
Get a permit. Laguna can be VERY snooty about photography on the beach. Other than that, speedlight of camera, remote trigger and an assistant to hold it. Make it 1 stop brighter than the back ground (Or more to suit your taste) to catch the golden sunset (Assuming you shoot into the sun). If the sun is over your shoulder, longest lens you have with a mono pod to steady it and shoot available light to catch the warm colors on the body. Makes everyone look tan. And don't WB on auto or it's gone. Use direct sun or cloudy if you want to enhance the warmth.

I should have said 'near' Laguna. This is outside the city limits, in a state park.

I will not have an assistant, that's the catch.

Feb 26 13 10:41 am  Link  Quote 
Photographer
Sensual Magic
Posts: 1,636
Upland, California, US


LA StarShooter wrote:
An assistant with a reflector is just awesome. I use WB on auto and in the twilight hours go to the auto balance that captures the warmer tones. Shooting raw with basic gives a lot of options for processing later. I think of outdoor shooting is a great test of the command of light and shadows. Beware the subjects turning into the shadows. Good luck.

I have no one to hold a reflector. I am worried about the dark shadows.

Feb 26 13 10:43 am  Link  Quote 
Photographer
Sensual Magic
Posts: 1,636
Upland, California, US


Mark wrote:
bring a nice warm blanket in case it gets chilly- shivering people are hard to shoot. maybe a mono pod or just a long rod to push into the sand to use as camera support for low shutter speed shots and  makes for smooth waves.  If no reflector bring a 2-3 foot sq piece of white card board as a bounce- you could always recruit a passerby as a temporary assistant to hold it.

also if you have a stool or small bench it might be fun to have them sit on it for the shot

youtube has some good clips on shoots like this from camera companies
good luck

Good idea for the monopod in the sand. I will be bringing one.

Feb 26 13 10:44 am  Link  Quote 
Photographer
AVD AlphaDuctions
Posts: 10,526
Gatineau, Quebec, Canada


Sensual Magic  wrote:

I have no one to hold a reflector. I am worried about the dark shadows.

you cant ask on MM for some one to hold a reflector in exchange for you holding one for them some other time? or in exchange for learning how to do beach shots (or how not to do them, depending on how your shoot goes)?

seems there are always people looking for experience.

Feb 26 13 12:33 pm  Link  Quote 
Photographer
afplcc
Posts: 5,979
Fairfax, Virginia, US


Four thoughts:

1.  Use a fill flash.

2.  Shoot the couple (properly exposed).  Then shoot or expose for the sunset.  And do some serious photoshop/HDR work.

3.  Bring a tripod and shoot at dusk after the sun has gone down.  The colors are even better then.

4.  Don't give up on the reflector.  You'll need a helper.  See if the couple can provide one.  Wear a white shirt (so for head shots and close-in YOU become the reflector).  Look for things like buildings, life guard stations, etc. that may be painted white that can serve as natural reflectors.  A banked sand dune can even provide some reflection.

Ed
Feb 26 13 03:40 pm  Link  Quote 
guide forum
Model
Anna Adrielle
Posts: 18,762
Antwerp, Antwerp, Belgium


not a photographer, but I do have some (modest) insights smile

I know you have already stated you have no one, but try and get someone anyway. Having an extra person there on a shoot like that (that you know and trust, of course) is just very helpful for a number of reasons. not only can they help out with the photography-side of things (like holding a reflector...), but they can also help notice things in the shot (like clothing labels hanging out), and they can help engage with the couple if you need a minute to figure out something technical (it's quite awkward as a paying client when the photographer is trying to figure out something on his camera or whatever, and you're just standing there...)


my boyfriend does commercial shoots like this, and I often accompany him to assist, and it's proven to be very helpful. so try and see if you can find someone willing to help out smile
Feb 26 13 04:11 pm  Link  Quote 
Photographer
Christopher Hartman
Posts: 53,912
Buena Park, California, US


Sensual Magic  wrote:
I've got a gig Tuesday evening: an engaged couple's shoot, at this location in Laguna Beach, CA, at sunset:

http://cthompson.zenfolio.com/img/s2/v58/p1170752980-3.jpg

Got any advice for shooting people on the beach at sunset? I will not have a reflector, but I will bring a speedlight.

Modifiers.  Directl light works, but isn't as flattering as if it is bounced from an umbrella.  Umbrellas outside because of wind (even very little wind) can be problematic if you can't properly secure the stand (assistants are great!!).  I like beauty dishes because it seems wind kind of flows through it.  Softboxes are similar to umbrellas in that they catch wind and will need be secured.

Expose for the background!!  Do this FIRST.  Once you have the camera settings you are happy with for that, THEN arrange and set the power of your lighting to properly illuminate your subject.

http://www.pbase.com/digitalcmh/image/43307105.jpg
http://www.pbase.com/digitalcmh/image/48677939.jpg
http://www.pbase.com/digitalcmh/image/49436908.jpg

Single on camera Speedlight.  Maybe had a diffuser, don't remember.

http://www.pbase.com/digitalcmh/image/52640372.jpg
http://www.pbase.com/digitalcmh/image/58686887.jpg

Single OFF-camera speed light.  No mod except maybe a diffuser.

http://www.pbase.com/digitalcmh/image/60501695.jpg
http://www.pbase.com/digitalcmh/image/63089213.jpg

Single on camera Speedlight and a 2nd off-camera speedlight.

http://www.pbase.com/digitalcmh/image/87728685.jpg
http://www.pbase.com/digitalcmh/image/88325904.jpg

Single off-camera speedlight bounced from small umbrella

http://photos.modelmayhem.com/photos/100418/11/4bcb4fd3a5876_m.jpg

Alien Bee AB800 with beautydish.

Feb 26 13 04:32 pm  Link  Quote 
Photographer
Christopher Hartman
Posts: 53,912
Buena Park, California, US


[Reserved]
Feb 26 13 04:32 pm  Link  Quote 
Photographer
Christopher Hartman
Posts: 53,912
Buena Park, California, US


Aaron Lewis Photography wrote:
Funny thing cause I'm gearing up to do a collaborative shoot in Aruba with a couple of MM models.

My approach, having shot tons of beach and sunsets without models will be to use the natural light as the key or kicker depending on the situation then fill with a reflector and use a speed light to throw some highlights or even as a primary fill or front light.

I think you're going to want a reflector out there. Do you have one? You obviously know how to use light, just treat the sun as a small unfiltered light source. Use it for what it's worth.

I'll tell you this, have your shit together, your time frame is very short and you'll loose light fast, be aware of the constantly diminishing light.

i think it'll be unlikely to expose the background and use a reflector during a sunset.  I could be wrong.  But I think he's going to need artificial lighting.  But it depends.

I made the assumption that the photos would have the sun in the background with my above samples.

Feb 26 13 04:50 pm  Link  Quote 
Photographer
Christopher Hartman
Posts: 53,912
Buena Park, California, US


[reserved]
Feb 26 13 04:50 pm  Link  Quote 
Photographer
Christopher Hartman
Posts: 53,912
Buena Park, California, US


Sensual Magic  wrote:

I should have said 'near' Laguna. This is outside the city limits, in a state park.

I will not have an assistant, that's the catch.

State beaches?  they have rangers.  They have little better to do than check for permits.  Be careful.

My preference are for beaches that are patrolled by local PD or sheriff.  They never bother me.

Feb 26 13 04:54 pm  Link  Quote 
Photographer
AVD AlphaDuctions
Posts: 10,526
Gatineau, Quebec, Canada


Christopher Hartman wrote:

i think it'll be unlikely to expose the background and use a reflector during a sunset.  I could be wrong.  But I think he's going to need artificial lighting.  But it depends.

I made the assumption that the photos would have the sun in the background with my above samples.

since this is the west coast I'm making the assumption that the OP would have to be hip deep in surf to have the sun behind him.

Feb 26 13 07:08 pm  Link  Quote 
Photographer
Alexander's Fine Art
Posts: 12,739
Reading, Pennsylvania, US


AVD AlphaDuctions wrote:

since this is the west coast I'm making the assumption that the OP would have to be hip deep in surf to have the sun behind him.

Um, the sun sets in the west last time I checked...

Feb 26 13 07:25 pm  Link  Quote 
Photographer
Christopher Hartman
Posts: 53,912
Buena Park, California, US


AVD AlphaDuctions wrote:
since this is the west coast I'm making the assumption that the OP would have to be hip deep in surf to have the sun behind him.

If all our beaches faces perfectly west...perhaps.

The beach I am usually at runs a little east/west so during the summer, the sun sets along coast rather than over the sea.

Plus...even a side light shot from the sun can work too.

http://photos.modelmayhem.com/photos/081125/11/492c299a99356.jpg

http://photos.modelmayhem.com/photos/081125/11/492c287881e5f.jpg

but with both of these examples, a reflector could help a bit...I do not recall if either of these had one though.

Feb 26 13 07:36 pm  Link  Quote 
Photographer
AVD AlphaDuctions
Posts: 10,526
Gatineau, Quebec, Canada


EA Photographics wrote:

Um, the sun sets in the west last time I checked...

ummmm exactly. so the have the couple on the beach and the sun not behind them ...the photographer would have to be in the water.

Feb 26 13 07:44 pm  Link  Quote 
Photographer
Sensual Magic
Posts: 1,636
Upland, California, US


Fantastic samples people! Thanks so much for your expert advice. I will be studying this.

I finished the shoot and this was one of the most difficult assignments ever for me due to the wide dynamic range: Not cloud in the sky and direct, harsh sunlight on the face. But even more difficult because I had no assistant and thus no reflector, and I was not set up to do off-camera flash. I had to use an on-camera flash gun for fill flash. But I shot in RAW and that saved the day. I spent hours tweaking the lights and shadows and WB to get some acceptable images.

I shot hand-held, mostly in Aperture priority mode with prime lenses. I wanted to stay within f2.8 to f3.5 to get that dreamy effect. Luckily my flash unit has high speed synch for the fill, when it was needed. Here's a few samples from the shoot:

http://cthompson.zenfolio.com/img/s8/v75/p1457016206-4.jpg

http://cthompson.zenfolio.com/img/s8/v85/p1454774032-4.jpg

We had no problems with permits or police. It was a weekday with school in session, so the beach was deserted, and because I did not have reflectors and tripods with me we did not attract attention.

If I had it to do over I would have upped my ISO to around 350 and shot more at f3.5 than f2.8.
Mar 01 13 11:56 am  Link  Quote 
Photographer
GCobb Photography
Posts: 15,890
Southaven, Mississippi, US


I don't know if anyone covered this and it may or may not be the case for everyone.  But when I did some sunset pics, the sun would sink fast so you really had to have things close to being ready.
Mar 01 13 12:03 pm  Link  Quote 
Photographer
Sensual Magic
Posts: 1,636
Upland, California, US


GCobb Photography wrote:
I don't know if anyone covered this and it may or may not be the case for everyone.  But when I did some sunset pics, the sun would sink fast so you really had to have things close to being ready.

How right you are! In the sample pic above I only had about 15 seconds to get that sun right on the horizon before it set.

Mar 01 13 12:08 pm  Link  Quote 
Photographer
Sensual Magic
Posts: 1,636
Upland, California, US


Christopher Hartman wrote:
State beaches?  they have rangers.  They have little better to do than check for permits.  Be careful.

My preference are for beaches that are patrolled by local PD or sheriff.  They never bother me.

It was off-season on a weekday. I pulled it off without attracting the attention of the authorities.

Mar 01 13 12:14 pm  Link  Quote 
Photographer
Sensual Magic
Posts: 1,636
Upland, California, US


Christopher Hartman wrote:
Modifiers.  Directl light works, but isn't as flattering as if it is bounced from an umbrella.  Umbrellas outside because of wind (even very little wind) can be problematic if you can't properly secure the stand (assistants are great!!).  I like beauty dishes because it seems wind kind of flows through it.  Softboxes are similar to umbrellas in that they catch wind and will need be secured.

Expose for the background!!  Do this FIRST.  Once you have the camera settings you are happy with for that, THEN arrange and set the power of your lighting to properly illuminate your subject.

http://www.pbase.com/digitalcmh/image/43307105.jpg
http://www.pbase.com/digitalcmh/image/48677939.jpg
http://www.pbase.com/digitalcmh/image/49436908.jpg

Single on camera Speedlight.  Maybe had a diffuser, don't remember.

http://www.pbase.com/digitalcmh/image/52640372.jpg
http://www.pbase.com/digitalcmh/image/58686887.jpg

Single OFF-camera speed light.  No mod except maybe a diffuser.

http://www.pbase.com/digitalcmh/image/60501695.jpg
http://www.pbase.com/digitalcmh/image/63089213.jpg

Single on camera Speedlight and a 2nd off-camera speedlight.

http://www.pbase.com/digitalcmh/image/87728685.jpg
http://www.pbase.com/digitalcmh/image/88325904.jpg

Single off-camera speedlight bounced from small umbrella

http://photos.modelmayhem.com/photos/100418/11/4bcb4fd3a5876_m.jpg

Alien Bee AB800 with beautydish.

Simply awesome, Christopher! My favorite is where you used two speedlights. Someday I will try these techniques. Thanks.

Mar 01 13 12:17 pm  Link  Quote 
Photographer
Cherrystone
Posts: 36,208
Columbus, Ohio, US


Sensual Magic  wrote:

I have no one to hold a reflector. I am worried about the dark shadows.

Skip the reflector and speedlight.....use the setting sun properly, you'll have no problem.

http://i105.photobucket.com/albums/m213/cherrystonestudios/Subjects%20for%20Fora/BeFo07-11-02-528cr2_zps8bb2a223.jpg

http://i105.photobucket.com/albums/m213/cherrystonestudios/Subjects%20for%20Fora/BeFo07-11-02-545_zps55a0ddc4.jpg

Mar 01 13 12:45 pm  Link  Quote 
Photographer
Sensual Magic
Posts: 1,636
Upland, California, US


Small Fruit Pits wrote:

Skip the reflector and speedlight.....use the setting sun properly, you'll have no problem.

http://i105.photobucket.com/albums/m213/cherrystonestudios/Subjects%20for%20Fora/BeFo07-11-02-528cr2_zps8bb2a223.jpg

http://i105.photobucket.com/albums/m213/cherrystonestudios/Subjects%20for%20Fora/BeFo07-11-02-545_zps55a0ddc4.jpg

Nice, but a bit heavy on the orange for my taste. I was trying to avoid that. Here's one shot a f2.8 with a high speed fill-flash, as the sun was setting:

http://cthompson.zenfolio.com/img/s2/v71/p1456460942-4.jpg

Mar 01 13 02:13 pm  Link  Quote 
Photographer
CapePhotographicStudio
Posts: 45
Cape Town, Western Cape, South Africa


http://www.modelbase.co.za/portfolio_21030.html

Shot using a two light setup as the natural light was fading fast.
Mar 02 13 12:14 am  Link  Quote 
Photographer
Creative Concept Studio
Posts: 2,541
Fort Worth, Texas, US


These are sunrise shots from the east coast but doing silhouettes can be interesting.

http://farm5.staticflickr.com/4145/5089829664_3dba506e5a_z.jpg

http://farm5.staticflickr.com/4085/5089232049_ff9040646e_z.jpg

I had been down by the water just a few minutes earlier and must have walked within 10 feet of the guy sitting in the chair waiting on the sunrise - I did not see him until I was setting this shot up. Had to include him.


Ray
Mar 02 13 06:51 am  Link  Quote 
Artist/Painter
William Hunter
Posts: 1,205
King of Prussia, Pennsylvania, US


EA Photographics wrote:

Um, the sun sets in the west last time I checked...

You can have your back to the setting sun and still face the ocean at many places along the US West Coast.  Yeah, they places that are often just points of land, but certainly places a photographer may want to seek out.
id est:  Westside Road, Bodega Bay, CA
The coast line goes North and South, East and West, Northeast and Southwest, Northwest and Southeast.   Unless you are somewhere between the Tropic of Cancer an Capricorn (23.5 degrees latitude), the sun doesn't set in the West or rise in the East, the sun is always Southerly of due West or East in the Northern hemisphere, North of 23.5 degrees latitude.

Mar 02 13 08:34 am  Link  Quote 
Photographer
Steve Anderson Studios
Posts: 545
Los Angeles, California, US


rent equipment. Sand, salt spray and everything else down there is bad for cameras.
Mar 02 13 08:39 am  Link  Quote 
Photographer
LA StarShooter
Posts: 1,794
Los Angeles, California, US


Sensual Magic  wrote:

Nice, but a bit heavy on the orange for my taste. I was trying to avoid that. Here's one shot a f2.8 with a high speed fill-flash, as the sun was setting:

http://cthompson.zenfolio.com/img/s2/v71/p1456460942-4.jpg

I like the tonality you achieved at f2.8. What I try and achieve when I shot at beaches is to show the glorious landscape. I would like to a few shorts in my portfolio to show you what I mean but. . . is this is so Hollywood I must leave to go to a premiere for a movie for a friend of mine. I hope your weekend is great.

Mar 02 13 06:09 pm  Link  Quote 
Photographer
SunSplash Photography
Posts: 479
Orlando, Florida, US


afplcc wrote:
Four thoughts:

1.  Use a fill flash.

2.  Shoot the couple (properly exposed).  Then shoot or expose for the sunset.  And do some serious photoshop/HDR work.

3.  Bring a tripod and shoot at dusk after the sun has gone down.  The colors are even better then.

4.  Don't give up on the reflector.  You'll need a helper.  See if the couple can provide one.  Wear a white shirt (so for head shots and close-in YOU become the reflector).  Look for things like buildings, life guard stations, etc. that may be painted white that can serve as natural reflectors.  A banked sand dune can even provide some reflection.

Ed

I hope the shoot went well.  For this tip, #4 here, I look for these all the time.  You'll be surprised how many light-colored buildings you can find on beaches, if you look for them ahead of time.  Sunrise/sunset light changes so quickly, you have to have the place scouted really well ahead of time, and prepare your shots in your head so you don't waste time thinking about what to do next.

Mar 02 13 06:19 pm  Link  Quote 
Photographer
Beautifully Soft Focus
Posts: 527
Peoria, Illinois, US


Personally, I wouldn't worry about reflectors or a helper. I would focus on my camera and the lens to shoot with. You are shooting during the golden hour and if you are quick, know your camera and lens. You can capture some phenomenal images. For me I take my trusty Canon 85mm f1.8 USM and  on my last shoot at the beach at San Francisco I also brought 35mm f1.4L. I haven't upload images from the last shoot with the 35mm, but here are few with the 85mm.

http://www.modelmayhem.com/portfolio/pic/27444636 18+

http://photos.modelmayhem.com/photos/120126/23/4f224c1c588c0_m.jpg http://photos.modelmayhem.com/photos/120509/08/4faa8a7090bbc_m.jpg http://photos.modelmayhem.com/photos/120509/08/4faa8a71c86bb_m.jpg http://photos.modelmayhem.com/photos/120306/18/4f56cd469365b_m.jpg http://photos.modelmayhem.com/photos/120108/22/4f0a8e4d25870_m.jpg
Mar 02 13 06:54 pm  Link  Quote 
12last   Search   Reply



main | browse | casting/travel | forums | shout box | help | advertising | contests | share | join the mayhem

more modelmayhem on: | | | edu

©2006-2014 ModelMayhem.com. All Rights Reserved.
MODEL MAYHEM is a registered trademark.
Toggle Worksafe Mode: Off | On
Terms | Privacy | Careers