login info join!
Forums > Digital Art and Retouching > DAR Critiques > Please critique this Search   Reply
Photographer
A-M-P
Posts: 18,069
Orlando, Florida, US


Retouched
http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8246/8555782289_ef984360c5.jpg
web4 by AngelaMichellePerez1, on Flickr
Original
http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8234/8473699594_a7a73f2c68.jpg
IMG_4494 by AngelaMichellePerez1, on Flickr


So I was experimenting with color. . I went for a fantasy cinematography type of look
Mar 13 13 11:22 pm  Link  Quote 
Retoucher
Ovidiu Oltean
Posts: 179
Sibiu, Sibiu, Romania


very nice Angela , i like the final result . There is some hair that distracts me, in the right side of the image, you could remove that.
And watch the banding on the background.
Mar 14 13 02:39 am  Link  Quote 
Retoucher
Rob Mac Studio
Posts: 1,105
London, England, United Kingdom


The original really doesn't have a lot going for it in my opinion in terms of lighting.make up styling, composition.
The retouch seems to accentuate alot of what was wrong in the first place.
I would concentrate on trying to take better photographs with post work in mind.
Sorry if this sounds harsh.
Mar 15 13 04:17 pm  Link  Quote 
Photographer
A-M-P
Posts: 18,069
Orlando, Florida, US


Rob Mac Studio wrote:
The original really doesn't have a lot going for it in my opinion in terms of lighting.make up styling, composition.
The retouch seems to accentuate alot of what was wrong in the first place.
I would concentrate on trying to take better photographs with post work in mind.
Sorry if this sounds harsh.

Don't worry is not a picture for portfolio just a practice photograph to try new retouching techniques and practice. I'm not offended, I honestly just picked a random photo from a batch.

Mar 15 13 07:07 pm  Link  Quote 
Photographer
A-M-P
Posts: 18,069
Orlando, Florida, US


Ovidiu Oltean wrote:
very nice Angela , i like the final result . There is some hair that distracts me, in the right side of the image, you could remove that.
And watch the banding on the background.

Thanks
big_smile

Mar 15 13 07:08 pm  Link  Quote 
Retoucher
Paul Snyder
Posts: 87
Columbus, Ohio, US


I actually like what you did with the color.  I'm interested to know the steps you took to get it.

The skin texture just looks a little too rough and the face/shoulder could stand to be just a tad bit more exposed.
Mar 16 13 01:31 am  Link  Quote 
Photographer
A-M-P
Posts: 18,069
Orlando, Florida, US


Paul Snyder wrote:
I actually like what you did with the color.  I'm interested to know the steps you took to get it.

The skin texture just looks a little too rough and the face/shoulder could stand to be just a tad bit more exposed.

Yeah I noticed the skin seemed to look extra crispy I will work on that.

This is what I did  for my color group to get the tone

http://img10.imageshack.us/img10/1843/71837093.jpg

Mar 16 13 05:20 am  Link  Quote 
  Search   Reply



main | browse | casting/travel | forums | shout box | help | advertising | contests | share | join the mayhem

more modelmayhem on: | | | edu

©2006-2014 ModelMayhem.com. All Rights Reserved.
MODEL MAYHEM is a registered trademark.
Toggle Worksafe Mode: Off | On
Terms | Privacy | Careers