login info join!
Forums > Newbie Forum > rude! Search   Reply
123last
Model
Krisna Fretwell
Posts: 18
Reno, Nevada, US


Why are some people in here so rude??? Maybe it's just me and my southern upbringin but is it really all that necessary to speak (type) to someone with disrespect??!! I see it everywhere. It's definetly a downfall to be around people like that..,
Mar 14 13 12:17 pm  Link  Quote 
Photographer
B R U N E S C I
Posts: 25,319
Bath, England, United Kingdom


Post hidden on Mar 14, 2013 01:36 pm
Reason: violates rules
Mar 14 13 12:21 pm  Link 
Photographer
ME_
Posts: 3,131
Atlanta, Georgia, US


^^Oh Stefano. LOL.

Krisna Fretwell  wrote:
Why are some people in here so rude??? Maybe it's just me and my southern upbringin but is it really all that necessary to speak (type) to someone with disrespect??!! I see it everywhere. It's definetly a downfall to be around people like that..,

Not enough information.

Lots of people here think being told the truth is being "rude."

Mar 14 13 12:24 pm  Link  Quote 
Photographer
Orca Bay Images
Posts: 32,233
Lodi, California, US


Krisna Fretwell  wrote:
Why are some people in here so rude??? Maybe it's just me and my southern upbringin but is it really all that necessary to speak (type) to someone with disrespect??!! I see it everywhere. It's definetly a downfall to be around people like that..,

It would help if you'd be more specific. Rudeness and disrespect are very malleable terms. There are definitely some abusive people here, but I've also seen people who flip their shit if they ask for feedback and get anything less than unadulterated love.

Mar 14 13 12:28 pm  Link  Quote 
Photographer
Rebel Photo
Posts: 11,446
Florence, South Carolina, US


some of us see others wasting our time as ...rude. hmm
Mar 14 13 12:28 pm  Link  Quote 
Photographer
PDF IMAGES PHOTOGRAPHY
Posts: 4,602
Jacksonville, Florida, US


you have "bad apples" in the bunch, and of those I just shove to the side....and move on, those "trolls, and "chain jerkers" aren't worth the key strokes tonguesmile welcome to MM.
Mar 14 13 12:28 pm  Link  Quote 
Model
NicoleNudes
Posts: 3,790
Toronto, Ontario, Canada


Orca Bay Images wrote:

It would help if you'd be more specific. Rudeness and disrespect are very malleable terms. There are definitely some abusive people here, but I've also seen people who flip their shit if they ask for feedback and get anything less than unadulterated love.

Yup.

Mar 14 13 12:30 pm  Link  Quote 
Photographer
Top Gun Digital
Posts: 1,206
Las Vegas, Nevada, US


Krisna Fretwell  wrote:
Why are some people in here so rude??? Maybe it's just me and my southern upbringin but is it really all that necessary to speak (type) to someone with disrespect??!! I see it everywhere. It's definetly a downfall to be around people like that..,

These people are taking advantage of the anonymity of the Internet.  They feel that they can say whatever they want because no one really knows who they are.  I guess it sort of gives them an ego boost.  If they were in a face to face discussion with someone they would probably act totally different.

Mar 14 13 12:37 pm  Link  Quote 
Photographer
salvatori.
Posts: 3,719
State College, Pennsylvania, US


Krisna Fretwell  wrote:
Why are some people in here so rude??? Maybe it's just me and my southern upbringin but is it really all that necessary to speak (type) to someone with disrespect??!! I see it everywhere. It's definetly a downfall to be around people like that..,

I know I'm speakin' for everyone here when I say 'Thanks!' for letting us know that you are nicer, better, more polite, etc., than the rest of us.

By throwing out the blanket statement that you did, you back everyone into a corner and have them thinking, 'Is she talking about me...?'

So I guess the answer for me is yes. Sorry I am such a dick, even though I actually have no freakin' idea who you are...

tongue

EDIT: it is also my experience that people tend to get defensive when confronted with unbelievably diva-like demands and boasting in one's bio. But that's just my opinion.

Mar 14 13 12:44 pm  Link  Quote 
Photographer
Ed Woodson Photography
Posts: 2,644
Savannah, Georgia, US


salvatori. wrote:
EDIT: it is also my experience that people tend to get defensive when confronted with unbelievably diva-like demands and boasting in one's bio. But that's just my opinion.

Yep

Mar 14 13 12:57 pm  Link  Quote 
Model
Kozmina
Posts: 6,533
Colorado Springs, Colorado, US


I asked this question once. It was right after I started frequenting the forums and had dealt with a few of the "divas" here.



I learned pretty quick to just ignore them and learned that some are actually pretty cool but were tired of hearing the same ol' crap day after day. Now I am probably considered to be "rude" at times too.

One too many escort/flake/BS threads and posts I guess. lol
Mar 14 13 01:24 pm  Link  Quote 
Photographer
Dean Johnson Photo
Posts: 56,078
Minneapolis, Minnesota, US


Moderator Note!

ME_ wrote:
^^Oh Stefano. LOL.


Not enough information.

Lots of people here think being told the truth is being "rude."

You shouldn't reward such rude behavior with laughter. That only encourages more rude behavior.

Mar 14 13 01:38 pm  Link  Quote 
Artist/Painter
William Hunter
Posts: 1,205
King of Prussia, Pennsylvania, US


salvatori. wrote:
I know I'm speakin' for everyone here when I say 'Thanks!' for letting us know that you are nicer, better, more polite, etc., than the rest of us.

By throwing out the blanket statement that you did, you back everyone into a corner and have them thinking, 'Is she talking about me...?'

So I guess the answer for me is yes. Sorry I am such a dick, even though I actually have no freakin' idea who you are...

tongue

EDIT: it is also my experience that people tend to get defensive when confronted with unbelievably diva-like demands and boasting in one's bio. But that's just my opinion.

Personally, I didn't feel like her statement covered me. 

I do not need you to speak for me. 

Nice to know you recognize that you are a ....  Well, that would be rude.

Mar 14 13 02:11 pm  Link  Quote 
Model
Adrianna Camille
Posts: 82
Lexington, Kentucky, US


salvatori. wrote:
I know I'm speakin' for everyone here when I say 'Thanks!' for letting us know that you are nicer, better, more polite, etc., than the rest of us.

By throwing out the blanket statement that you did, you back everyone into a corner and have them thinking, 'Is she talking about me...?'

So I guess the answer for me is yes. Sorry I am such a dick, even though I actually have no freakin' idea who you are....

Score!

Mar 14 13 02:11 pm  Link  Quote 
Photographer
AMCphotography
Posts: 436
Los Angeles, California, US


Rude? Maybe. If you're asking for a critique and people are critiquing sometimes the truth hurts. Sometimes when people ask dumb questions, they will get snarky and witty replies, which for people with no sense of humor will find rude. So, without any sort of example of which you speak of, I can't give you a straight answer.
Mar 14 13 02:22 pm  Link  Quote 
Photographer
salvatori.
Posts: 3,719
State College, Pennsylvania, US


Hunter Wald wrote:
Personally, I didn't feel like her statement covered me. 

I do not need you to speak for me. 

Nice to know you recognize that you are a ....  Well, that would be rude.

Wow... I am so sorry. I obviously overestimated MM members IQ, sense of humor, ability to understand sarcasm, etc.

Of course, not all members, but some....

O_o

Mar 14 13 02:50 pm  Link  Quote 
Artist/Painter
William Hunter
Posts: 1,205
King of Prussia, Pennsylvania, US


salvatori. wrote:
Wow... I am so sorry. I obviously overestimated MM members IQ, sense of humor, ability to understand sarcasm, etc.

Of course, not all members, but some....

O_o

Oh, it was sarcasm?  I'm sorry, I didn't recognize it because it was so in character for you.  Even if it was sarcasm, I still don't need you to speak for me.   And when did your original statement qualify as anything that would resemble polite conversation suitable for a 19 year old girl?   Your rudeness does not qualify as humor.

Mar 14 13 04:32 pm  Link  Quote 
Photographer
salvatori.
Posts: 3,719
State College, Pennsylvania, US


Hunter Wald wrote:

Oh, it was sarcasm?  I'm sorry, I didn't recognize it because it was so in character for you.  Even if it was sarcasm, I still don't need you to speak for me.   And when did your original statement qualify as anything that would resemble polite conversation suitable for a 19 year old girl?   Your rudeness does not qualify as humor.

I'm confused. You say I shouldn't speak for you, yet you feel the need to speak for the OP?

Mar 14 13 04:34 pm  Link  Quote 
Photographer
ME_
Posts: 3,131
Atlanta, Georgia, US


Soapbox Killer wrote:
You shouldn't reward such rude behavior with laughter. That only encourages more rude behavior.

Oh I'm sorry, I thought it was wryly funny. Pardon me. Well you took care of it so all's well now.

Maybe the OP could explain just what kind of rudeness she's talking about though. I mean there's rude and then there's rude. Some women think "You are too short for fashion modeling so just face the truth" is rude. I don't, but I'm a realist.

As I said, need more information.

Mar 14 13 04:42 pm  Link  Quote 
Artist/Painter
William Hunter
Posts: 1,205
King of Prussia, Pennsylvania, US


salvatori. wrote:
I'm confused. You say I shouldn't speak for you, yet you feel the need to speak for the OP?
salvatori. wrote:
I know I'm speakin' for everyone here

I have only spoken for myself.  But I do believe she has invited me into the conversation with her initial post.

Mar 14 13 04:43 pm  Link  Quote 
Photographer
runirone
Posts: 10
New York, New York, US


i contend that when you pair sooooo many girls in one place who PRETEND to be models to impress guys, their friends & boost their self-esteem with sooooguys who PRETEND to be photographers to impress girls, their friends & boost their self-esteem, you are just asking for a negative experience ... real talk ... just like owning a camera doesn't make a dud a photographer by default, nor does being female make a girl a model by default ... girls hustling dudes & dudes hustling girls ... rudeness would be my last concern ...
Mar 14 13 05:04 pm  Link  Quote 
Model
Stormee
Posts: 2,463
San Antonio, Texas, US


Mar 14 13 05:19 pm  Link  Quote 
Model
Krisna Fretwell
Posts: 18
Reno, Nevada, US


Wow. This has by far gotten outta hand. My mama raised me to treat people with the utmost respect even if you don't like them it agree with something. Being a photographer or a model does not give you a free pass to talk to people with disrespect... When you don't have anything nice to say y'all shouldn't say anything at all. And it wasnt as people in a whole. It was meant towards the people who can't say anything nice to anyone and they may it may not know who they are.
I sincerely feel sorry for those of you who will continuously be "rude" even on a forum about it
Y'all have a good day smile
Mar 14 13 09:20 pm  Link  Quote 
Photographer
Orca Bay Images
Posts: 32,233
Lodi, California, US


Krisna Fretwell  wrote:
Wow. This has by far gotten outta hand. My mama raised me to treat people with the utmost respect even if you don't like them it agree with something. Being a photographer or a model does not give you a free pass to talk to people with disrespect... When you don't have anything nice to say y'all shouldn't say anything at all. And it wasnt as people in a whole. It was meant towards the people who can't say anything nice to anyone and they may it may not know who they are.
I sincerely feel sorry for those of you who will continuously be "rude" even on a forum about it
Y'all have a good day smile

As I explained earlier, you need to be more specific about what you consider rudeness. Otherwise you're just coming off as passive-aggressive. Vagueness coupled with condescension, doubly so.

Mar 14 13 09:38 pm  Link  Quote 
Model
Danielle Hieronimi
Posts: 238
Chicago, Illinois, US


ME_ wrote:
^^Oh Stefano. LOL.


Not enough information.

Lots of people here think being told the truth is being "rude."

It's not a matter of truth and constructive criticism. It is a matter of the way people say things. Delivery oftentimes carries greater impact than the message.

Mar 14 13 09:43 pm  Link  Quote 
Model
Stormee
Posts: 2,463
San Antonio, Texas, US


Mar 14 13 09:45 pm  Link  Quote 
Photographer
EdwardKristopher
Posts: 3,348
Tempe, Arizona, US


Krisna Fretwell  wrote:
Wow. This has by far gotten outta hand. My mama raised me to treat people with the utmost respect even if you don't like them it agree with something. Being a photographer or a model does not give you a free pass to talk to people with disrespect... When you don't have anything nice to say y'all shouldn't say anything at all. And it wasnt as people in a whole. It was meant towards the people who can't say anything nice to anyone and they may it may not know who they are.
I sincerely feel sorry for those of you who will continuously be "rude" even on a forum about it
Y'all have a good day smile

:-)  +1

Mar 14 13 09:49 pm  Link  Quote 
Photographer
Bravo Magic Images
Posts: 765
Temple City, California, US


Krisna Fretwell  wrote:
Why are some people in here so rude??? Maybe it's just me and my southern upbringin but is it really all that necessary to speak (type) to someone with disrespect??!! I see it everywhere. It's definetly a downfall to be around people like that..,

Don't get offended by the Mother F'ers on this site Those A-Holes have no respect for them selfs let alone others. They see every model as a F*ck Bit*h Wh*re Golddigging F*ck C*ck Su*ker No one wants to be around a Narrow Minded A-whip A-licking tossing the salad Brown nose F*ck face so just chill because that is part of the industry and the busines in this part of California. Enjoy the mayhem

Mar 14 13 09:52 pm  Link  Quote 
Photographer
KMA2SQ
Posts: 3,396
Knoxville, Tennessee, US


Generally, anyone who uses he words "... truth hurts" (or something to that effect) is the worst kind of rude jerk.  Usually, they'll be a photographer.  95% of the models I've encountered here have been just as lovely on the inside as out'.
Mar 14 13 10:18 pm  Link  Quote 
Photographer
Bare Essential Photos
Posts: 3,227
Upland, California, US


Krisna --

Krisna Fretwell  wrote:
Why are some people in here so rude??? Maybe it's just me and my southern upbringin but is it really all that necessary to speak (type) to someone with disrespect??!! I see it everywhere. It's definetly a downfall to be around people like that..,

I hear what you're saying.

There are many who have made poor choices in their lives. In doing so, they've become very angry, hateful, and lash out at others using the internet. Often times they network with others and will gang up on individuals.

Unfortunately, there are even some moderators who network with them on other sites and will act on their behalf on MM when called on. Not many but a few. Slowly but surely the situation is improving, however.

Mar 14 13 10:24 pm  Link  Quote 
Photographer
Brooks Ayola
Posts: 9,725
Chatsworth, California, US


Welcome to Model Mayhem, where oversensitivity rules.
Mar 14 13 10:32 pm  Link  Quote 
Photographer
Marin Photography NYC
Posts: 6,769
New York, New York, US


I have been here a year and people aren't rude, they are hilarious! http://www.freesmileys.org/emoticons/emoticon-cartoon-013.gif
Mar 14 13 10:45 pm  Link  Quote 
Model
Danielle Reid
Posts: 3,855
Las Vegas, Nevada, US


It's not what you say but how you say it. Most people here and on other places on the Internet would rather talk to you like you're a dumb ass than respect you as if you were a human being. Just like a photographer told me I'm fat when he could have said toning up would help.
Mar 14 13 10:49 pm  Link  Quote 
Model
Danielle Reid
Posts: 3,855
Las Vegas, Nevada, US


Look at it this way, if a fucker wants to be an asshole behind a computer screen then you know who not to work with if the opportunity comes up.
Mar 14 13 10:51 pm  Link  Quote 
Photographer
Orca Bay Images
Posts: 32,233
Lodi, California, US


Bravo Magic Images wrote:

Don't get offended by the Mother F'ers on this site Those A-Holes have no respect for them selfs let alone others. They see every model as a F*ck Bit*h Wh*re Golddigging F*ck C*ck Su*ker No one wants to be around a Narrow Minded A-whip A-licking tossing the salad Brown nose F*ck face so just chill because that is part of the industry and the busines in this part of California. Enjoy the mayhem

My! You do h*ve a w*y with w*rds!

Mar 15 13 03:39 am  Link  Quote 
Photographer
Drew Smith Photography
Posts: 5,209
Nottingham, England, United Kingdom


Bravo Magic Images wrote:

Don't get offended by the Mother F'ers on this site Those A-Holes have no respect for them selfs let alone others. They see every model as a F*ck Bit*h Wh*re Golddigging F*ck C*ck Su*ker No one wants to be around a Narrow Minded A-whip A-licking tossing the salad Brown nose F*ck face so just chill because that is part of the industry and the busines in this part of California. Enjoy the mayhem

LOL - now this is what I call RUDE! smile  Putting Astrix the Gaul in between a few letters doesn't mean I'm unable to read them and be offended. I'm offended I tells ya!   

Come on - ya gotta Brig THIS guy.

Mar 15 13 03:44 am  Link  Quote 
Photographer
Drew Smith Photography
Posts: 5,209
Nottingham, England, United Kingdom


Danielle Kitten wrote:
Look at it this way, if a fucker wants to be an asshole behind a computer screen then you know who not to work with if the opportunity comes up.

Brig this person too! Swear words on MM!

Oh won't somebody think of the children!?

*GIF please.

Mar 15 13 03:45 am  Link  Quote 
Photographer
Orca Bay Images
Posts: 32,233
Lodi, California, US


You pottymouth white-knights should be ashamed of yourselves!

http://like-o-meter.com/img/uploads/327-a045e818.jpg
Mar 15 13 04:10 am  Link  Quote 
Photographer
Carl Roberts
Posts: 32,933
Saint Petersburg, Florida, US


Bravo Magic Images wrote:
Don't get offended by the Mother F'ers on this site Those A-Holes have no respect for them selfs let alone others. They see every model as a F*ck Bit*h Wh*re Golddigging F*ck C*ck Su*ker No one wants to be around a Narrow Minded A-whip A-licking tossing the salad Brown nose F*ck face so just chill because that is part of the industry and the busines in this part of California. Enjoy the mayhem

I'd like to buy a vowel

Mar 15 13 04:26 am  Link  Quote 
Photographer
I M N Photography
Posts: 2,299
New York, New York, US


salvatori. wrote:
I know I'm speakin' for everyone here when I say 'Thanks!' for letting us know that you are nicer, better, more polite, etc., than the rest of us.

By throwing out the blanket statement that you did, you back everyone into a corner and have them thinking, 'Is she talking about me...?'

So I guess the answer for me is yes. Sorry I am such a dick, even though I actually have no freakin' idea who you are...

tongue

EDIT: it is also my experience that people tend to get defensive when confronted with unbelievably diva-like demands and boasting in one's bio. But that's just my opinion.

True. I also find it interesting how people behave so differently when they speak to you in person, than when they're protected by the anonymity of the Internet.

I think it comes across as "cute" to some, but you're right... It is mostly rude.

Mar 15 13 04:27 am  Link  Quote 
123last   Search   Reply



main | browse | casting/travel | forums | shout box | help | advertising | contests | share | join the mayhem

more modelmayhem on: | | | edu

©2006-2014 ModelMayhem.com. All Rights Reserved.
MODEL MAYHEM is a registered trademark.
Toggle Worksafe Mode: Off | On
Terms | Privacy | Careers