login info join!
Forums > Events > SoCal > RenFaire Apr 20-28 / SteamPunk & Pirates / SoCal Search   Reply
first1234last
Photographer
laharris
Posts: 928
Valencia, California, US


Love Ren Faire!  Might have to go again with you guys! Was just there this past weekend and here are a few photos that I shot there...

http://laharris.com/ren/ren7.jpg
http://laharris.com/ren/ren1.jpg
http://laharris.com/ren/ren5.jpg
http://laharris.com/ren/ren2.jpg
http://laharris.com/ren/ren8.jpg
Apr 09 13 11:53 am  Link  Quote 
Photographer
Select Models
Posts: 35,393
Upland, California, US


Cool shots there Larry... miss seein ya at the groupshoots.  I personally thought you rocked the 'Models & Mansions' shoots with you and your wife's organizational skills.  Looks like some of the RenFaire characters have packed on a few pounds.  And that freaky dude with the horns and leaves... he seriously needs to put that jacket back on... lol   And what the Hell is the guy with the green hat drinkin?  Looks like come kind of cooking oil... yikes... lol

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v330/GaryAbigt/POTW4_zps764f56e3.jpg

Looks like the spyder web fairy had better wardrobe and makeup artist last year... I won an award with one of her pics... borat
Apr 09 13 12:28 pm  Link  Quote 
Photographer
laharris
Posts: 928
Valencia, California, US


Select Models wrote:
Cool shots there Larry... miss seein ya at the groupshoots.  I personally thought you rocked the 'Models & Mansions' shoots with you and your wife's organizational skills.  Looks like some of the RenFaire characters have packed on a few pounds.  And that freaky dude with the horns and leaves... he seriously needs to put that jacket back on... lol   And what the Hell is the guy with the green hat drinkin?  Looks like come kind of cooking oil... yikes... lol

Looks like the spyder web fairy had better wardrobe and makeup artist last year... I won an award with one of her pics... borat

Thanks Gary!  I miss it too!  We had fun!  I've been focused on my landscapes for the past 18 months but have that itch to photograph people again! 

I agree that guy needed a jacket or lose the beer belly.  I like the color spyder had last year, little bland this year.  Hopefully I will see you guys soon!

Apr 09 13 02:08 pm  Link  Quote 
Photographer
Christopher Hartman
Posts: 53,775
Buena Park, California, US


Carson B wrote:
Hey y'all! Im having a blast at faire already this year! If anyone feels like sponsoring me, I have a new corset and other items with my steampunk costume, and I have a full renn faire costume now that I am there so much smile Let me know if you'd like to sponsor me!

A shot from last year in Brian's tent:

http://photos.modelmayhem.com/photos/120430/11/4f9edcad69bc5.jpg

And this year I've given up my time traveling ways and settled down as a simple wench wink for now! The steampunk costume is awesome!

https://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-frc1/64244_10200362986131783_1430680950_n.jpg

dang...if I had better planning, I'd totally do this with ya.

Apr 09 13 02:19 pm  Link  Quote 
Model
Mizz Ro
Posts: 2,309
Corona, California, US


laharris wrote:
Love Ren Faire!  Might have to go again with you guys! Was just there this past weekend and here are a few photos that I shot there...

http://laharris.com/ren/ren7.jpg
http://laharris.com/ren/ren1.jpg
http://laharris.com/ren/ren5.jpg
http://laharris.com/ren/ren2.jpg
http://laharris.com/ren/ren8.jpg

Yes please! We miss you! Would love to see ya there!

Apr 09 13 08:42 pm  Link  Quote 
Model
Nicole Knight
Posts: 136
Newport Beach, California, US


Wow! That is so awesome smile I bet it looks amazing!!


Carson B wrote:
I will be rocking this steel boned corset that weighs in at 3 pounds this year smile


http://www.goodgoth.com/images/products/3198.jpg

Apr 09 13 10:31 pm  Link  Quote 
Model
Nicole Knight
Posts: 136
Newport Beach, California, US


Bought my costume today and ordered my jewelery!!!

Can't wait to meet you all!
Apr 09 13 10:35 pm  Link  Quote 
Photographer
Select Models
Posts: 35,393
Upland, California, US


ALEXIS wrote:
http://www.goodgoth.com/images/products/3198.jpg

YAOZA... looks like it could break a few ribs... sure glad I don't have to wear it... yikes... lol

Apr 10 13 03:47 am  Link  Quote 
Model
Mizz Ro
Posts: 2,309
Corona, California, US


Select Models wrote:

ALEXIS wrote:
http://www.goodgoth.com/images/products/3198.jpg

YAOZA... looks like it could break a few ribs... sure glad I don't have to wear it... yikes... lol

I actually popped a rib outta place last month wearing a corset. Not fun! Lol. Will be buying my outfits soon! Woohoo! No sponsor yet, so if you are looking for a model I'm your girl! smile

Apr 10 13 02:54 pm  Link  Quote 
Model
Mizz Ro
Posts: 2,309
Corona, California, US


Select Models wrote:

Actually it's from Saturday the 20th all the way thru Sunday the 28th... but I'm going to change the original post to indicate what we are all definitely going to be attending on Sunday the 21st... thanks for that head's up... borat

Hey Gare Bear! So that's 4 days of shooting?

Apr 10 13 02:57 pm  Link  Quote 
Photographer
laharris
Posts: 928
Valencia, California, US


Mizz Ro wrote:
Yes please! We miss you! Would love to see ya there!

It has been a long time!  It would be great to see y'all!  Miss y'all too!  I'll see if I can make it out.

Apr 10 13 04:58 pm  Link  Quote 
Photographer
Select Models
Posts: 35,393
Upland, California, US


Mizz Ro wrote:

Hey Gare Bear! So that's 4 days of shooting?

Actually, the three days I'm going to be there are April 20th, 21st (big model day) and April 28th (another big model day)... can't be there on April 27th... wink

Apr 10 13 06:25 pm  Link  Quote 
Photographer
laharris
Posts: 928
Valencia, California, US


Select Models wrote:

Actually, the three days I'm going to be there are April 20th, 21st (big model day) and April 28th (another big model day)... can't be there on April 27th... wink

I am going to be there this Sunday.  Thinking it may not be as crowded without a popular theme.

Apr 10 13 07:07 pm  Link  Quote 
Photographer
Select Models
Posts: 35,393
Upland, California, US


laharris wrote:

I am going to be there this Sunday.  Thinking it may not be as crowded without a popular theme.

Cool... I'm using the 20th as 'a practice drill' for the two 'wild and crazy days' of the 21st and 28th... cause I know there will be an insanely entertaining crowd on those two days.  I've been to 4 of these in the past and I know what to expect... wink

Apr 10 13 08:51 pm  Link  Quote 
Photographer
Select Models
Posts: 35,393
Upland, California, US


From last year's RenFaire... here's masked MM superbabes Emily and Briana!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v330/GaryAbigt/BriEm.jpg
Apr 11 13 01:38 am  Link  Quote 
Photographer
Select Models
Posts: 35,393
Upland, California, US


Great costume shop with low cost rentable costumes for the RenFaire... checkout http://theatreco.com   Loads of great Renaissance era and pirate costumes available... some steampunk stuff too... borat
Apr 11 13 07:48 pm  Link  Quote 
Photographer
Select Models
Posts: 35,393
Upland, California, US


Make sure you gather up your steampunk gear for April 21st.  Hundreds of 'steampunkers' will be there!... borat

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v330/GaryAbigt/Steampunker1.jpg
Apr 13 13 04:10 am  Link  Quote 
Photographer
AlcazarK Photography
Posts: 22
Northridge, California, US


Carson B wrote:
Hey y'all! Im having a blast at faire already this year! If anyone feels like sponsoring me, I have a new corset and other items with my steampunk costume, and I have a full renn faire costume now that I am there so much smile Let me know if you'd like to sponsor me!

A shot from last year in Brian's tent:

http://photos.modelmayhem.com/photos/120430/11/4f9edcad69bc5.jpg

And this year I've given up my time traveling ways and settled down as a simple wench wink for now! The steampunk costume is awesome!

https://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-frc1/64244_10200362986131783_1430680950_n.jpg

Carson... Text me...I might go...

Apr 14 13 06:03 am  Link  Quote 
Model
Carson B
Posts: 141
Oxnard, California, US


texted! smile
Apr 14 13 10:15 am  Link  Quote 
Photographer
Richard G Lowe Jr
Posts: 6
Clearwater, Florida, US


I'll be there Sunday the 21st (I am photographing most of the season) and I'd be happy to sponsor a model. I've got a spare ticket... :-)

By the way, renfaireboobs.com is NOT looked on favorably by the women who work and attend the faire. I've heard many negative comments and no positive ones about that site.
Apr 14 13 03:11 pm  Link  Quote 
Photographer
Coldbluesky Photography
Posts: 97
San Diego, California, US


I'll be there! See you there! Sponsoring Carson.
Apr 14 13 11:29 pm  Link  Quote 
Photographer
Richard G Lowe Jr
Posts: 6
Clearwater, Florida, US


I am sponsoring Alexis. :-)
Apr 15 13 04:12 am  Link  Quote 
Model
Nicole Knight
Posts: 136
Newport Beach, California, US


I'll be there the 21st AND and 28th. Look for the Rennesance gypsy!!!
Apr 15 13 09:11 am  Link  Quote 
Photographer
James Sioux
Posts: 1,276
Los Angeles, California, US


ALEXIS wrote:
I'll be there the 21st AND and 28th. Look for the Rennesance gypsy!!!

Okay Ms. Gypsy, read me my future when I see you on the 21st. smile

Apr 16 13 12:09 am  Link  Quote 
Model
Nicole Knight
Posts: 136
Newport Beach, California, US


James Sioux wrote:

Okay Ms. Gypsy, read me my future when I see you on the 21st. smile

I see... Many beautiful women.... An image.. No... An ABUNDANCE of amazing images... !!!

Apr 17 13 11:56 pm  Link  Quote 
Photographer
James Sioux
Posts: 1,276
Los Angeles, California, US


ALEXIS wrote:

I see... Many beautiful women.... An image.. No... An ABUNDANCE of amazing images... !!!

Sounds good to me!  Also Alexis...., maybe on Sunday the 28th, do you see me sponsoring only one model?  Cuz I have this funny feeling, I sense the presence of two....wink

Apr 18 13 12:54 am  Link  Quote 
Model
Nicole Knight
Posts: 136
Newport Beach, California, US


I sense she will be wearing a really cute costume as well! As it come in the mail yet?
smile
Apr 18 13 04:40 am  Link  Quote 
Model
Mizz Ro
Posts: 2,309
Corona, California, US


Ordered my outfit for this weekend and it should have been here by now. I don't know what the heck is going on?! sad Also, no one has sponsored me so I might not be able to join you all this weekend sad
Apr 18 13 09:27 pm  Link  Quote 
Photographer
C3 Images
Posts: 34
TAHOE CITY, California, US


hmm nothing to do sunday as of now maybe ill roll through!
Apr 19 13 01:03 am  Link  Quote 
Photographer
James Sioux
Posts: 1,276
Los Angeles, California, US


Select Models wrote:

Cool... I'm using the 20th as 'a practice drill' for the two 'wild and crazy days' of the 21st and 28th... cause I know there will be an insanely entertaining crowd on those two days.  I've been to 4 of these in the past and I know what to expect... wink

Is Gary still going tomorrow as a "practice drill?"

Apr 19 13 11:43 am  Link  Quote 
Photographer
Kenzphotos 2
Posts: 178
Pattaya, Central, Thailand


I wish I could join you at the Renfaire.  I used to go each year when I lived in California and pick up at least one new item for my pirate costume each season.  Please post your favorite pirate pictures in this thread after the shoot.
Apr 19 13 11:52 am  Link  Quote 
Model
Carson B
Posts: 141
Oxnard, California, US


Heads up everyone it's supposed to be stupid hot this weekend! I've been out every weekend so far this season and it's already pretty uncomfortable, models remember to put sunscreen on before makeup and to reapply to body throughout the day, and bring water! Water is overpriced if you bring a small backpack with an ice pack and some waters that' the way to go! There's not a lot of shade. Can't wait to meet up with you all, I'll be doing a practice run on my corset tomorrow to see how bad it's going to be in the heat, maybe I'll see you there Gary!
Apr 19 13 02:58 pm  Link  Quote 
Photographer
AlcazarK Photography
Posts: 22
Northridge, California, US


Carson B wrote:
Heads up everyone it's supposed to be stupid hot this weekend! I've been out every weekend so far this season and it's already pretty uncomfortable, models remember to put sunscreen on before makeup and to reapply to body throughout the day, and bring water! Water is overpriced if you bring a small backpack with an ice pack and some waters that' the way to go! There's not a lot of shade. Can't wait to meet up with you all, I'll be doing a practice run on my corset tomorrow to see how bad it's going to be in the heat, maybe I'll see you there Gary!

See you Sunday Carson smile

Apr 19 13 03:58 pm  Link  Quote 
Model
stephaniestone
Posts: 640
Rancho Cucamonga, California, US


ill b there with my steampunk son smile
Apr 19 13 05:30 pm  Link  Quote 
Photographer
WlLLchiang photography
Posts: 36
Los Angeles, California, US


Who's going the 28th?!
Apr 19 13 07:13 pm  Link  Quote 
Photographer
James Sioux
Posts: 1,276
Los Angeles, California, US


WlLLchiang photography wrote:
Who's going the 28th?!

Gary is and I am.  I'm sure there are some other photogs.  That means at least half a dozen models too.

Apr 19 13 10:00 pm  Link  Quote 
Model
Mizz Ro
Posts: 2,309
Corona, California, US


Hope you all had a great day today! Have a great one tomorrow and I will hopefully be joining you all next Sunday smile
Apr 20 13 07:17 pm  Link  Quote 
Photographer
Select Models
Posts: 35,393
Upland, California, US


James Sioux wrote:
Gary is and I am.  I'm sure there are some other photogs.  That means at least half a dozen llamas too.

Yep... I'll be out there today (Apr 21st) for Steampunk Day too... seeya next Sunday the 28th... borat

Apr 21 13 07:22 am  Link  Quote 
Photographer
Select Models
Posts: 35,393
Upland, California, US


Funtimes at the RenFaire... here's Britney and 'the mask'... borat

https://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash4/375989_319107004881546_1999414996_n.jpg
Apr 21 13 10:10 pm  Link  Quote 
Photographer
Select Models
Posts: 35,393
Upland, California, US


Carson... our resident 'Steampunk Weapons Analist'!

https://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/919839_319120398213540_2092826910_o.jpg
Apr 22 13 12:28 am  Link  Quote 
first1234last   Search   Reply



main | browse | casting/travel | forums | shout box | help | advertising | contests | share | join the mayhem

more modelmayhem on: | | | edu

©2006-2014 ModelMayhem.com. All Rights Reserved.
MODEL MAYHEM is a registered trademark.
Toggle Worksafe Mode: Off | On
Terms | Privacy | Careers