login info join!
Forums > Off-Topic Discussion > Zombie Apocalypse Search   Reply
Artist/Painter
MainePaintah
Posts: 1,712
Saco, Maine, US


I used to love vampire movies and books. "Dracula" by Bram Stoker is in the top 5 of my all time favorite books, and "Blade" is one of my favorite vampire movie. I will reserve my disdain for all the "Twilight" movies for now.

Now days it is Zombies and I really liked the movie "Zombieland" with Woody Harrelson.

So, do you think that zombie apocalypse is eventually going to happen, and if so, why, and when?
Mar 29 13 01:14 pm  Link  Quote 
Photographer
Will Snizek Photography
Posts: 1,387
Beckley, West Virginia, US


I kinda wish it would happen...it would be a great way to thin out all the morons.
Mar 29 13 01:17 pm  Link  Quote 
Model
Russian Katarina
Posts: 1,413
London, England, United Kingdom


Will Snizek wrote:
I kinda wish it would happen...it would be a great way to thin out all the morons.

Have you seen any of those lately? They already act like zombies. Only they need a smartphone in their hands to revert to the zombie state.

Mar 29 13 01:20 pm  Link  Quote 
Photographer
Will Snizek Photography
Posts: 1,387
Beckley, West Virginia, US


Yeah.  A lot of people already are zombies, but it's not legal to shoot them.  Lol.  I live in the mountains, so I know I'd survive a zombie apocalypse easily.  It would be much tougher to get out of the cities.
Mar 29 13 01:57 pm  Link  Quote 
Model
Russian Katarina
Posts: 1,413
London, England, United Kingdom


Will Snizek wrote:
Yeah.  A lot of people already are zombies, but it's not legal to shoot them.  Lol.  I live in the mountains, so I know I'd survive a zombie apocalypse easily.  It would be much tougher to get out of the cities.

If all else fails, just chop off your arm and put a big-ass katana sword on the stump.

Mar 29 13 02:39 pm  Link  Quote 
Artist/Painter
MainePaintah
Posts: 1,712
Saco, Maine, US


Will Snizek wrote:
I kinda wish it would happen...it would be a great way to thin out all the morons.

Yeah, but it would be just my luck that just me and most of the morons survived! sad

Mar 29 13 04:06 pm  Link  Quote 
Model
Danielle Reid
Posts: 4,080
Miami, Florida, US


Yes it will happen sooner than you think. Why? Because scientist can't stop messing with shit!

Have you noticed in zombie movies, the characters act as if they've never seen a zombie movie in their life? It's like zombie movies only exist in our world, not the alternate universe that these "survivers" live in.
Mar 29 13 04:10 pm  Link  Quote 
Photographer
Will Snizek Photography
Posts: 1,387
Beckley, West Virginia, US


Danielle Kitten wrote:
Yes it will happen sooner than you think. Why? Because scientist can't stop messing with shit!

Have you noticed in zombie movies, the characters act as if they've never seen a zombie movie in their life? It's like zombie movies only exist in our world, not the alternate universe that these "survivers" live in.

I agree...they should have more zombie knowledge.  I was into The Walking Dead for a while, but it's just getting dumb this season.

Mar 29 13 05:13 pm  Link  Quote 
Photographer
AdelaideJohn1967
Posts: 12,564
Adelaide, South Australia, Australia


At least if we do have one there won't be any bans on high powered weapons.
Mar 29 13 06:30 pm  Link  Quote 
Photographer
-Koa-
Posts: 5,250
Castaner, Puerto Rico, US


Like Zombies?

Check out Amazon's FREE book listings. They have several FREE Zombie books pretty much every single day. Some suck, others are really good.

Can't beat FREE!

-Koa-
www.borikenwarrior.com
www.facebook.com/borikenwarriorstudiosmodels
Mar 29 13 06:33 pm  Link  Quote 
Photographer
GH-Photography
Posts: 9,420
Brunswick, Georgia, US


http://www.killthehydra.com/wp-content/uploads/20120604-124202.jpg
Mar 29 13 08:32 pm  Link  Quote 
Photographer
tonyfromsyracuse
Posts: 374
Syracuse, New York, US


I think the 28 days later scenario is far more realistic. a rage virus that makes you want to beat to death whoever you see.

in theory though, a zombie virus would hold the key to immortality.if you could shut off the rotting factor and loss of brain conciousness,if you were infected you could live forever as technically you are still clinically dead but still able to be up and around.
Mar 30 13 06:59 am  Link  Quote 
Artist/Painter
MainePaintah
Posts: 1,712
Saco, Maine, US


tonyfromsyracuse wrote:
I think the 28 days later scenario is far more realistic. a rage virus that makes you want to beat to death whoever you see.

in theory though, a zombie virus would hold the key to immortality.if you could shut off the rotting factor and loss of brain conciousness,if you were infected you could live forever as technically you are still clinically dead but still able to be up and around.

Only if there were still brains around to eat!

Mmmmm....brains!

Mar 30 13 03:38 pm  Link  Quote 
Photographer
Will Snizek Photography
Posts: 1,387
Beckley, West Virginia, US


tonyfromsyracuse wrote:
I think the 28 days later scenario is far more realistic. a rage virus that makes you want to beat to death whoever you see.

in theory though, a zombie virus would hold the key to immortality.if you could shut off the rotting factor and loss of brain conciousness,if you were infected you could live forever as technically you are still clinically dead but still able to be up and around.

I'll agree with that.  Something real nasty from a lab gets out one day. Hell..a lot of the drugs people use to get high were originally tested on soldiers to see if it would make them fight harder.  It wouldn't surprise me if scientists screw us over with a super virus one day.

Mar 30 13 03:42 pm  Link  Quote 
Artist/Painter
DGCasey
Posts: 3,006
Las Vegas, Nevada, US


When the Zombie Apocalypse occurs I'm heading for the deep south.

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-m_6tSzP9Wig/UJQYs6I3KxI/AAAAAAAABTg/Ol3rnAyPDbs/s1600/68049_10151224865678622_1036659813_n.jpeg

And all you pussies driving yer little Priuses and Smart Cars, good luck.  I'm driving my ZA Assault Vehicle 5.0.

http://25.media.tumblr.com/99bb16ededa3c6fe1117f95a0dd003fa/tumblr_men4kqxNsG1qafhmqo1_500.jpg
Mar 30 13 07:24 pm  Link  Quote 
Artist/Painter
MainePaintah
Posts: 1,712
Saco, Maine, US


Will Snizek wrote:

I'll agree with that.  Something real nasty from a lab gets out one day. Hell..a lot of the drugs people use to get high were originally tested on soldiers to see if it would make them fight harder.  It wouldn't surprise me if scientists screw us over with a super virus one day.

Deep down that's what I think too. I don't know about zombies, but I do think that something will happen, like in the Stephen King's book "The Stand", a virus will kill 90% of the population.

Maybe a little bit of both will happen, like in that Will Smith movie, "I Am Legend".

Mar 31 13 05:47 am  Link  Quote 
Photographer
tonyfromsyracuse
Posts: 374
Syracuse, New York, US


that vehicle is sweet....but I think a nice fortified C class RV would be best.
its small enough to be nimble....but also has a bedroom,kitchen,bathroom with shower and toilet. lots of storage room for guns/supplies... could tow a car or hang a motorcycle.

but one great thing about that vehicle above, is its so high off the ground. the zombies would have a hard time doing anything other than getting run over, which is interesting because I've always thought in an actual zombie apocalypse, in theory, you could clean out whole areas with nothing but a couple monster trucks. draw them out and just keep running them over on the main roads.
Mar 31 13 08:27 am  Link  Quote 
Photographer
Tom Linkens
Posts: 6,416
Lititz, Pennsylvania, US


tonyfromsyracuse wrote:
that vehicle is sweet....but I think a nice fortified C class RV would be best.
its small enough to be nimble....but also has a bedroom,kitchen,bathroom with shower and toilet. lots of storage room for guns/supplies... could tow a car or hang a motorcycle.

but one great thing about that vehicle above, is its so high off the ground. the zombies would have a hard time doing anything other than getting run over, which is interesting because I've always thought in an actual zombie apocalypse, in theory, you could clean out whole areas with nothing but a couple monster trucks. draw them out and just keep running them over on the main roads.

For the same reason I pussed out on actually removing one of David Morrissey's eyes...is that there is a whole lot of not just running zombies over in The Walking Dead.

Mar 31 13 08:32 am  Link  Quote 
Model
Cassidy N H
Posts: 29
Cincinnati, Ohio, US


I've been having quite a few nightmares about the zombie apocolypse lately... perhaps it's a sign that I need to start getting prepared!  yikes
Mar 31 13 08:36 am  Link  Quote 
Photographer
AdelaideJohn1967
Posts: 12,564
Adelaide, South Australia, Australia


Will Snizek wrote:

I'll agree with that.  Something real nasty from a lab gets out one day. Hell..a lot of the drugs people use to get high were originally tested on soldiers to see if it would make them fight harder.  It wouldn't surprise me if scientists screw us over with a super virus one day.

Oh that's right blame the scientists.

Blame the POLITICIANS that make them do shit like that.

Mar 31 13 08:42 am  Link  Quote 
Photographer
tonyfromsyracuse
Posts: 374
Syracuse, New York, US


yeah,but it also is a bit of both. you also have to fault the scientists though...they sort of come up with weird angles that makes you wonder how do they even think of http://assets.modelmayhem.com/images/smilies/scary.pngstuff like that.....such as neutron bombs.

but there have been a million horror movies where the notion is the military scientists have concocted a virus to infect the enemy but it gets loose and infects everyone. I think that is very likely someday.

I was watching this now cancelled scify TV series called "space above and beyond" where the aliens had this chemical weapon of sorts that when detonated make the people think they were falling victim to their deepest fears.
it was kinda creepy.
Mar 31 13 09:01 am  Link  Quote 
Photographer
Will Snizek Photography
Posts: 1,387
Beckley, West Virginia, US


AdelaideJohn1967 wrote:

Oh that's right blame the scientists.

Blame the POLITICIANS that make them do shit like that.

No one can make you do anything.

Mar 31 13 09:03 am  Link  Quote 
Photographer
DHayes Photography
Posts: 4,822
Richmond, Virginia, US


tonyfromsyracuse wrote:
I think the 28 days later scenario is far more realistic. a rage virus that makes you want to beat to death whoever you see.

in theory though, a zombie virus would hold the key to immortality.if you could shut off the rotting factor and loss of brain conciousness,if you were infected you could live forever as technically you are still clinically dead but still able to be up and around.

That is pretty much what happens in the original novel, "I Am Legend".  Vampirism is caused by bacteria that forms a colony which takes over all bodily functions, keeping a dead body "alive" and lusting for blood.  Some humans contract a mutated form of the bacteria which does not interfere with brain function.  These vampires find a way to stay alive in sunlight and to control their blood lust.  In the end, humans and the mindless, bloodthirsty vampires are wiped out.

Mar 31 13 10:53 am  Link  Quote 
Artist/Painter
MainePaintah
Posts: 1,712
Saco, Maine, US


DHayes Photography wrote:
That is pretty much what happens in the original novel, "I Am Legend".  Vampirism is caused by bacteria that forms a colony which takes over all bodily functions, keeping a dead body "alive" and lusting for blood.  Some humans contract a mutated form of the bacteria which does not interfere with brain function.  These vampires find a way to stay alive in sunlight and to control their blood lust.  In the end, humans and the mindless, bloodthirsty vampires are wiped out.

Thanks for the nod to "I Am Legend". I just got back from my local library with the book and started reading "I Am Legend". Right off the bat, NOTHING like the movie!

Pretty http://assets.modelmayhem.com/images/smilies/scary.pngwhen you see that the book was first published in 1954!

Apr 01 13 04:34 pm  Link  Quote 
Photographer
Clarence Zimmerman
Posts: 4,048
Orlando, Florida, US


Fucking hysterical:

http://www.juanofthedeadmovie.com/lang/en/

a true must see.

Filmed in Spain and Cuba!

http://www.juanofthedeadmovie.com/lang/en/

It had the BEST Zombie slaughter scene ever. ONE truck and One harpoon and about 150 zombies! smile

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u_cbufvUZ-Y
Apr 01 13 04:42 pm  Link  Quote 
Artist/Painter
MainePaintah
Posts: 1,712
Saco, Maine, US


Just went to their website!

AWESOME trailer! Looks like it's going to be a lot of fun!
Apr 01 13 04:49 pm  Link  Quote 
Photographer
MMR Digital
Posts: 1,686
Doylestown, Pennsylvania, US


I was at a museum this weekend that had a "Vampire Killing Kit". Complete complimement of cap and ball pistol with silver balls (projectiles- looked like .50 calibre), silver dagger, handle shaped in a cross, mirror, several other functionary items for such encounters(?). The Kit had a complete instruction manual for its use. It was recommended for trips abroad to places like Germany, Poland...

Circa 1905
Apr 01 13 04:56 pm  Link  Quote 
Photographer
StevieSteve
Posts: 24
Madison, Wisconsin, US


Apr 01 13 05:11 pm  Link  Quote 
guide forum
Model
Koryn
Posts: 36,351
Boston, Massachusetts, US


The only thing I ever have nightmares about is zombie apocalypse.
Apr 01 13 05:21 pm  Link  Quote 
Photographer
AdelaideJohn1967
Posts: 12,564
Adelaide, South Australia, Australia


Will Snizek wrote:

No one can make you do anything.

Au Contrairre.....

You choose not to do something you get fired.... And they move onto another scientist that will make the weapon you want. 

Why not blame the politicians and warmonger generals?

Apr 01 13 07:14 pm  Link  Quote 
Artist/Painter
MainePaintah
Posts: 1,712
Saco, Maine, US


Koryn Locke wrote:
The only thing I ever have nightmares about is zombie apocalypse.

That is terrible! Do you watch a lot of zombie movies? If not, why the zombie nightmares?

Apr 02 13 04:59 am  Link  Quote 
Photographer
Kyle T Edwards
Posts: 430
St Catharines, Ontario, Canada


Russian Katarina wrote:
If all else fails, just chop off your arm and put a big-ass katana sword on the stump.

If you're gonna go that extreme, at least go classic.  Besides, chainsaws are a lot easier to find than katana swords!

http://thewolfmancometh.files.wordpress.com/2010/11/bruce-campbell-army-of-darkness-chainsaw-boomstick.jpg

Apr 02 13 05:19 am  Link  Quote 
Photographer
alessandro2009
Posts: 7,360
Florence, Toscana, Italy


MainePaintah wrote:
So, do you think that zombie apocalypse is eventually going to happen

No because is impossible on the terms described in the stories.
A dead body rots therefore can never be immortal and every "life" form need some form of nourishment.
So a simple bite of human living flesh could certainly not be enough to support such creatures.

Apr 02 13 09:16 am  Link  Quote 
Artist/Painter
MainePaintah
Posts: 1,712
Saco, Maine, US


Kyle T Edwards wrote:

If you're gonna go that extreme, at least go classic.  Besides, chainsaws are a lot easier to find than katana swords!

http://thewolfmancometh.files.wordpress.com/2010/11/bruce-campbell-army-of-darkness-chainsaw-boomstick.jpg

Ah! "Army of Darkness", one of my favorite movies and I think Bruce Campbell's best.
Bruce Campbell has an autobiography out which I was reading at my local bookstore. Hilarious!

Apr 02 13 12:09 pm  Link  Quote 
Artist/Painter
MainePaintah
Posts: 1,712
Saco, Maine, US


alessandro2009 wrote:

No because is impossible on the terms described in the stories.
A dead body rots therefore can never be immortal and every "life" form need some form of nourishment.
So a simple bite of human living flesh could certainly not be enough to support such creatures.

Killjoy!  sad

Apr 02 13 12:09 pm  Link  Quote 
Model
Russian Katarina
Posts: 1,413
London, England, United Kingdom


MainePaintah wrote:

Ah! "Army of Darkness", one of my favorite movies and I think Bruce Campbell's best.
Bruce Campbell has an autobiography out which I was reading at my local bookstore. Hilarious!

They're doing a sequel!

Apr 02 13 12:16 pm  Link  Quote 
Artist/Painter
MainePaintah
Posts: 1,712
Saco, Maine, US


Russian Katarina wrote:

They're doing a sequel!

Is Bruce Campbell in it?

It won't be any good without him.

Apr 02 13 04:04 pm  Link  Quote 
  Search   Reply



main | browse | casting/travel | forums | shout box | help | advertising | contests | share | join the mayhem

more modelmayhem on: | | | edu

©2006-2014 ModelMayhem.com. All Rights Reserved.
MODEL MAYHEM is a registered trademark.
Toggle Worksafe Mode: Off | On
Terms | Privacy | Careers