login info join!
Forums > General Industry > Whats the strangest rude comment you've gotten? Search   Reply
first1234last
Photographer
Berghammer
Posts: 519
Seattle, Washington, US


Camerosity wrote:
I listed several of a photographer's photos. A few minutes later I received a PM from him.

"List list list and no comment. I don't like this."

And then he blocked me.

Whoa, You got blocked by Dr. Seuss!?!?!

Apr 13 13 04:22 am  Link  Quote 
Photographer
Camerosity
Posts: 5,300
Saint Louis, Missouri, US


Camerosity wrote:
I listed several of a photographer's photos. A few minutes later I received a PM from him.

"List list list and no comment. I don't like this."

And then he blocked me.

Berghammer wrote:
Whoa, You got blocked by Dr. Seuss!?!?!

Could be. What's the doctor's first name? What country is he from?

Apr 13 13 01:26 pm  Link  Quote 
Photographer
Lora Weaver
Posts: 3,541
Alexandria, Virginia, US


On my modeling portfolio I got a comment that went something like, "Ew, your ribs are gross".

LOL
Apr 13 13 01:31 pm  Link  Quote 
Model
Nicole Packs
Posts: 257
New York, New York, US


A designer recently told me I look like Lily Cole sad
Don't get me wrong, loved the designer an absolute sweetheart, but not a big fan of Lily Cole at all...maybe it was the makeup.
Apr 13 13 06:40 pm  Link  Quote 
Photographer
MikeW
Posts: 122
Cocoa Beach, Florida, US


I hired this model for a nude shoot and when she arrived, she asked me to put my clothes on.
Apr 15 13 07:57 pm  Link  Quote 
Photographer
PaulHomsyPhotography
Posts: 96
Los Angeles, California, US


Philipe wrote:
About four years ago, I was in L.A. in a nice cafe with a model. A stranger walked up and saw the photo I taken on her lap top. the stranger gave the photo a title/name.
About a week later I posted it (the photo) on model mayhem with the title.
Ladytron..
Shortly afterward, I got a comment saying
"What does that have to do with ladytron? It has nothing to do with ladytron. Thats stupid, why call it ladytron?"
This guy must have thought of the band ladytron..
Anyway he went on to leave more rude comments.
I kept the picture up for about six months... Until it was time to add new ones..

On that stranger who gave the photo a name/title........
It was Phil Manzanera of Roxy Music, when he saw the pic he pointed (and by the way I did not know who he was some called him away saying "Phil"..)
and said "I call it ladytron, very nice" and walked away..
Some girl who worked there said "Thats the guy from Roxy Music..

and the guy who said me giving the title "lady tron" to the photo was stupid and nothing to do with lady tron..
Well.... your an idiot..........if you only knew......

I took the photograph of a pretty woman, not a professional model, submitted it to a very well known magazine and she made the cover. I sent her a copy of the mag and called her. She told me: " x (her boyfriend) and I went back to that location and took some pictures, you were so lucky that day that the light was that good.) and not thank you at all.
Another similar comment about one of my most recognizable photographs which isn't on my port. I was told that I lucked out because the light was so incredible that day...Finally I said, I'm always very lucky with light, wherever I go, it's great.

Apr 17 13 09:02 am  Link  Quote 
Photographer
PaulHomsyPhotography
Posts: 96
Los Angeles, California, US


PaulHomsyPhotography wrote:

I took the photograph of a pretty woman, not a professional model, submitted it to a very well known magazine and she made the cover. I sent her a copy of the mag and called her. She told me: " x (her boyfriend) and I went back to that location and took some pictures, you were so lucky that day that the light was that good.) and not thank you at all.
Another similar comment about one of my most recognizable photographs which isn't on my port. I was told that I lucked out because the light was so incredible that day...Finally I said, I'm always very lucky with light, wherever I go, it's great.

sorry about the bad punctuation and the typos.

Apr 17 13 09:08 am  Link  Quote 
Model
Venessa Baez
Posts: 616
Tampa, Florida, US


I said once that modeling is harder than it looks and told that only ugly models say that.

I've been taunted and harrassed about having short hair.

I was told by a photographer that he doesn't work with children when I applied to his casting. Yet I've been in this business longer than he's been behind a camera, according to his portfolio.


A comment was left saying that I looked like I needed to fart.



Oh, the joy of trolls. Such funny trolls. Yeah right.
Apr 17 13 01:06 pm  Link  Quote 
Model
Venessa Baez
Posts: 616
Tampa, Florida, US


Jules NYC wrote:
I rarely show my portfolio to people outside of the industry.

"Is that you?"

No dumbass, I made an entire book with another woman in there to impress people.
It's always the same insecure drone thinking they're getting a backhanded compliment over me.

It comes from the same place - unattractive women who try to find fault with you and shine a big floodlight on something that doesn't exist to placate the big gaping hole which is their self-esteem.

Haha! big_smile I showed a magazine spread I did (twilight lookalike shoot) to my castmates I was doing a show with. One of the preteen girls kept saying that I was lying, that it wasn't me, even though my name was in the credits.

Apr 17 13 01:13 pm  Link  Quote 
guide forum
Photographer
Rays Fine Art
Posts: 6,175
New York, New York, US


A model I shot with a couple of years ago commented to my current casting call for a non-pornographic erotic shoot with the one word "pervert".

Since my recollection of that one shoot was that it had been pleasant, I PM'd her saying that I was unaware of any problem between us and that if there were, I'd like to resolve it.  I added, on the possibility that her comment was meant to be a teasing hello after so long a time, a detailed description of what I was looking for, including the fact that any nudity would be completely at the model's discretion and asked if she was responding because she was interested in the call.  She replied, again with one word, "No"

I'm still a bit perplexed by the exchange but if that's the worst thing I ever experience on MM, I'll count myself lucky indeed.
Apr 17 13 01:49 pm  Link  Quote 
Model
K Y O K O
Posts: 3
Dallas, Texas, US


Imageography wrote:
I'm not sure if it was rude or a rude awakening, but a seemingly jealous photographer told me the only reason I get comments is because I photograph hot models.

WOW...I would've flipped a cup about that. lol

Apr 17 13 02:05 pm  Link  Quote 
Model
Azia Rose
Posts: 228
Portland, Oregon, US


1. I was working on a VERY impromptu shoot in the high desert with a MUA who told me "I really don't like doing makeup. I don't really do it any more, I prefer to do hair" and had me sit in my wardrobe (a tiny shirt/dress) and nothing else in around 30 degrees in the trunk of the car as she told me "There, I covered up those bags under your eyes hahahaha" and then asked me "What are those lines around your mouth?"
"...They're just lines, they've been there since I was 13."
"Oh, so they're scars??"
"...No, they're lines."
"Oh. So you have a lot of wrinkles."
Thanks. I don't.

2. A fellow llama who was working with me and also helping style the shoot:
"Let's see if this fits you. How tiny are you not?"
...I guess I'm not tiny at all. Again, thanks.

3. "You look like Liza Minelli"---That has never been a nice thing to say in my book.

4. "Are you Jewish? You have a really big nose"
"Nope. Not Jewish. But thanks."

I get a looooot of people telling me I am either fat or ugly...
Apr 17 13 02:38 pm  Link  Quote 
Model
MB JenB
Posts: 3,039
Clarksville, Tennessee, US


Philipe wrote:
About four years ago, I was in L.A. in a nice cafe with a model. A stranger walked up and saw the photo I taken on her lap top. the stranger gave the photo a title/name.
About a week later I posted it (the photo) on model mayhem with the title.
Ladytron..
Shortly afterward, I got a comment saying...

I think my rudest comment came from a critique thread here saying they'd name your best feature.

Apparently my best feature are my ears. smile

After I thought about it I figured I may try to capitalize on that and aim for parts modeling for earnings. smile No luck yet!

Jen

Apr 17 13 02:46 pm  Link  Quote 
Photographer
John Edward
Posts: 2,462
Dallas, Texas, US


I was shooting the biggest bikini contest in Dallas.

(I was shooting 4 nights a week)

Like 20 girls, 500 drunks, monday night, the bar was packed.

The bar was killing it.

So this other bar, less than a mile away asked me to drop by.

The manager called me, asked me to meet the owner.

They wanted to have a bikini contest on wednesday nights, (the worst night possible) and have me shoot it, cause I knew all the girls, and got my pics published, in the weekly alternative paper.

The Owner:

( A bitter something 40 year old divoriced, never was ever pretty, skinny, unhappy bitch.)

In an empty bar with no customers. IE, losing money.

Looked at my pics of the other photo contest, for Hawaiin Tropic.

And said:

That looks like Porn!

Really?

20 girls in swimsuits in front of 300 hundred buying drinks drunks. Looks like porn, instead of a bar paying rent?

They were gone in less than a month.

Idiots.
Apr 17 13 11:07 pm  Link  Quote 
Model
Elizabeta Rosandic
Posts: 951
Santa Fe, New Mexico, US


A photographer on here once wrote a comment on one of my photos saying "your pussy looks like a rosebud."

Hope he enjoys land of the blocked!
Apr 19 13 03:21 pm  Link  Quote 
Photographer
FiveOne November
Posts: 171
Rochester, New York, US


I know this is an oft-repeated complaint, but what I find most offensive is when I take great care to reach out to a model, read his/her profile, see a potential match, explain a concept and send a message...and all I see is "Message Read". 

I get the whole argument that "the model isn't interested in working with me and the silence is answer enough", but I have thought it through and I think I prefer to get an answer.  Any answer. "No, not interested", or "I'm interested but very busy right now", or "I really don't like your idea or your work." 

Seriously, how long does it take to type a response?

I don't have a high opinion of myself or my art, but I do value communication, probably at a level that many don't.
Apr 19 13 03:57 pm  Link  Quote 
Photographer
What a Look
Posts: 21
Richardson, Texas, US


During a Bridal shoot in a local park, a 17-20 year old kid walks up and says "is that the only way you can get hot chicks to talk to you? By paying them to model?" I just looked at him and said I think I hear you mom calling you, he yells to my client " watch out I bet this loser is a sex offender"...
Apr 19 13 04:00 pm  Link  Quote 
Photographer
FiveOne November
Posts: 171
Rochester, New York, US


When I used to shoot video (and before that, film) for corporate clients, I always got asked by someone, "What TV Channel do you work for?" GASP CHOKE DIE

big_smile
Apr 19 13 04:03 pm  Link  Quote 
Photographer
Camerosity
Posts: 5,300
Saint Louis, Missouri, US


FiveOne November wrote:
When I used to shoot video (and before that, film) for corporate clients, I always got asked by someone, "What TV Channel do you work for?" GASP CHOKE DIE

big_smile

This comment wasn't directed at me but at a friend who was a tv news anchor in Philadelphia a few decades ago.

R---- was window shopping during his lunch hour when a man came up to him and said, "Hey, I know you. You're on Channel -. How would you like some constructive criticism?"

At this point in the story, R---- digressed and said that nobody in the world hates criticism, constructive or otherwise, more than he does.

But he said, "Sure, lay it on me."

"Your eyes are too close together."

R---- started pulling his eyes apart with his index fingers and said, "Thanks, buddy. I'll get on it first thing in the morning."

Apr 19 13 06:57 pm  Link  Quote 
Photographer
Robert Mossack
Posts: 1,247
Joplin, Missouri, US


A co-worker of mine commented that I took "floozy pictures". I just shook my head, smiled, and went on my way.
Apr 19 13 07:24 pm  Link  Quote 
Photographer
Har Marshal
Posts: 263
Raleigh, North Carolina, US


From a white male model here on MM:

"your pictures are disgusting.. interracial is gross.. it looks like white people getting raped by monkeys"

A favorite concept is pairing black female models with white male models because this reflects the aesthetic of an old college relationship - basically, a personal photographic exploration about "the one that got away".  After what we put up with then it was galling to run into the same bullshit 30 years later.
Apr 19 13 07:31 pm  Link  Quote 
Model
Paige Thomley
Posts: 573
West Bend, Wisconsin, US


About half of the photographers I've ever worked with usually start our meeting with something along the lines of 'wow I had no idea you were so...short'. I don't find them pointing out my short stature as particularly rude, but the fact that they seemingly hadn't bothered to check my stats beforehand is mind-boggling to me.
Apr 19 13 07:36 pm  Link  Quote 
Model
The Original Sin
Posts: 13,894
Louisville, Kentucky, US


I had someone message me once claiming that my ass had to be Photoshopped, because no one has an ass like this naturally:

http://photos.modelmayhem.com/photos/100916/10/4c9257fe10513_m.jpg

I've left the picture up for so long just because that message tickled me so much. smile
Apr 19 13 07:40 pm  Link  Quote 
Photographer
Gary Melton
Posts: 6,391
Dallas, Texas, US


I once had someone post a comment on the following photo that it was "child pornography"!  (I suppose because the model is doing something that is most often associated with children.)


18+  http://www.modelmayhem.com/portfolio/pic/20739539  18+
Apr 19 13 07:45 pm  Link  Quote 
Photographer
Mike Adams Photos
Posts: 1,217
Cleveland, Ohio, US


Plenty of rude comments on my avatar.
Apr 19 13 07:48 pm  Link  Quote 
Model
Nicki Kazekage
Posts: 8
Los Angeles, California, US


hmm, I haven't received any discourteous comments on MM " yet " but in general, at times I am told im " too skinny " and occasionally asked if I was really born a woman.

I dont necessarily find any of these statements rude, it's not what you say but how you say it.
Apr 19 13 09:22 pm  Link  Quote 
Photographer
Orca Bay Images
Posts: 32,233
Lodi, California, US


Nicki Kazekage wrote:
hmm, I haven't received any discourteous comments on MM " yet " but in general, at times I am told im " too skinny "

Wow. They crazy.

and occasionally asked if I was really born a woman.

Even crazier. Of course you could tell them, "I was born a baby. I became a woman much later."


One of my all-time favorite movie comebacks was in Aliens:
Hudson: "Hey, Vasquez, have you ever been mistaken for a man?"
Vasquez: "No. Have you?"

Apr 19 13 09:38 pm  Link  Quote 
Model
MelissaAnn
Posts: 3,936
Seattle, Washington, US


This was a comment on one of my images, left by someone on DeviantART:

This person looks to be mistreated and starved. First thought that popped into my mind was that she was forced into the human trafficking slave trade.

This was written by a 19 year-old female model on one of my images here on MM:

Nice Nipples.

^^not really rude, but a little strange coming from another girl.

Others from DA:

I just came.

Get off your high horse, a nude model is nothing more than a whore.

Apr 19 13 10:04 pm  Link  Quote 
Photographer
BarryH
Posts: 857
Taipei City, Taipei City, Taiwan


Elizabeta Rosandic wrote:
A photographer on here once wrote a comment on one of my photos saying "your pussy looks like a rosebud."

Hope he enjoys land of the blocked!

I thought that was rather poetic. I mean, he could have said something like "a cactus" or "a venus flytrap."

Apr 19 13 10:05 pm  Link  Quote 
Model
Cole Morrison
Posts: 3,958
Portland, Oregon, US


Herman Surkis wrote:

And they are complaining about what?

About having no tits I guess?

Apr 19 13 10:27 pm  Link  Quote 
Photographer
Expression Unlimited
Posts: 1,135
San Diego, California, US


I really don't remember any, but met plenty of Nutjobs  on MM
trying to get my attention or angry I was getting any
when I was modeling on MM

ha!
Apr 19 13 10:34 pm  Link  Quote 
Photographer
varton
Posts: 2,308
New York, New York, US


I don't think the one I get often is much as rude as opposed to some statements I read on this thread.
They say my watermark is killing my work "otherwise very good"
At least it is not in the middle of the picture. Certainly visible from thumbs. And that's the real reason.

I am not that old but for some reason now they call me "Paps" and give me a seat in the subway. big_smile
Apr 20 13 09:02 am  Link  Quote 
Model
Elizabeta Rosandic
Posts: 951
Santa Fe, New Mexico, US


BarryH wrote:
I thought that was rather poetic. I mean, he could have said something like "a cactus" or "a venus flytrap."

Or he could have just kept his comments about my vagina to himself. I would say that that would be the "normal" thing to do but seeing how I delete about 10 comments a day that are in regard to Little Elizabeta or my pubic hair I guess he's more normal than not. Of course, his was at least creative enough to stand out among the "OMGERD NATURAL (wink) BEAUTY" comments, so kudos to him.

And there's always the photographer who when I disrobe for a nude shoot says "oh wow nice bush". Totally smart and professional thing to say to someone.

Lol I get a little fired up about this big_smile

Apr 20 13 05:22 pm  Link  Quote 
Clothing Designer
Face It Masks
Posts: 5
Lansing, Michigan, US


At subway I was ordering a foot long sub and my man looked at me up and down then asked "are you sure?" Then proceeded to compliment the skinny girls behind the counter on their sandwich making abilities.
Apr 20 13 06:53 pm  Link  Quote 
Photographer
Brienna Jade
Posts: 3
Wausau, Wisconsin, US


Art of the nude wrote:
One way to prevent that is to not have "random strangers" around while you're doing shoots.

That would be great if I had a studio, but I do not.  Even my avatar was taken in a front lawn with a sheet pinned to a clothes line.

I'll be sure to rope off the public property I shoot in because it is a good location for a shoot. wink

Apr 26 13 10:20 pm  Link  Quote 
Model
shibaswindler
Posts: 205
Milton Keynes, England, United Kingdom


Someone told me I have a fake looking body... I am all natural!
Apr 27 13 09:10 am  Link  Quote 
Model
deleted2013
Posts: 205
London, England, United Kingdom


Shot By Adam wrote:
I got this email on my facebook fan page about the image I used as my header. It was sent by a model in Russia. This is the email cut and pasted:


there's something about this photo that bothers me. I don't know what it is but it's really annoying of a photo and I'm a bit surprised that you would use a picture of a car instead of a model considerng you are a photographer. Would you please take it down? Thanks.

I responded asking what part about the photo bothered her so much and she responded with, "My email was a mistake."

WTF?

Hahaha, this has to be my favourite so far, so ridiculous!!

Apr 28 13 02:34 pm  Link  Quote 
Photographer
Prolens Photography
Posts: 489
Fullerton, California, US


The Original Sin  wrote:
I had someone message me once claiming that my ass had to be Photoshopped, because no one has an ass like this naturally:

http://photos.modelmayhem.com/photos/100916/10/4c9257fe10513_m.jpg

I've left the picture up for so long just because that message tickled me so much. smile

One of the most awesome tushy's I've seen in many a year, darn fine photo!!!

Apr 28 13 02:47 pm  Link  Quote 
Model
Sabine Luise
Posts: 890
Boston, Massachusetts, US


"You don't even look like a model." It was strange and rude at the same time. It wasn't what I was asking in the thread.

Not to be RUDE but the OP did above. Karma I guess.

I also find it rude and strange when people bring up my size in conversations that aren't about my size to win an argument or to add their cha-Ching change...  O_o
Apr 28 13 02:53 pm  Link  Quote 
Photographer
ChrisWalburnPhotography
Posts: 40
Madison, Tennessee, US


Some guy was inappropriately grabbing me at a bar while completely insulting me. Saying "You know if you were to gain weight you would be so much hotter." I asked him to stop but he continued it was about the same time I was about to hit him friend who was the bartender escorted him out. Weirdest guy I have ever met.
Apr 28 13 02:58 pm  Link  Quote 
first1234last   Search   Reply