login info join!
Forums > Photography Talk > Buying new strobes, which to go with on a budget Search   Reply
12last
Photographer
welschvideo
Posts: 150
Los Angeles, California, US


I saw the AB800 from alienbees is a very popular choice, but then I saw it's 150watts, so I googled 150 watt strobe lights and came across http://www.adorama.com/WE150SL.html monolight.

Now, do these two lights have two completely different functions or is just the build quality cheaper?
Apr 24 13 10:05 am  Link  Quote 
guide forum
Photographer
GPS Studio Services
Posts: 36,036
San Francisco, California, US


Alien Bee is a very popular light with great customer service and a proven track record.  Since they are so popular there are many companies that make compatible accessories as well.  By the way, it is more than 150 watt seconds.

The light you are looking at is less popular, won't have access to the same customer service and will be more difficult to get accessories for.  It also isn't that much cheaper.  I would go Alien Bee, but that is just me.
Apr 24 13 10:17 am  Link  Quote 
Photographer
AJ_In_Atlanta
Posts: 12,801
Atlanta, Georgia, US


The AB800 is 320w/s as I recall, he's it is very deceptive naming and PCB has been called out over the years for it.  You may notice the Einstien 640 is in fact 640w/s if I am not mistaken.

As for budget I usually suggest something like the starter photogenics or elinchrom d-lite line, this way when/if you upgrade to professional lights you have a clear path and all your modifers can move with you.

P.S. I have never needed customer service for elinchrom, photogenic, or speedotron over the decades I have used them - I hear it's good.  Frankly if I never encounter them I am much happier
Apr 24 13 10:24 am  Link  Quote 
Photographer
David Nelson Photograph
Posts: 348
San Antonio, Texas, US


Another vote for Alienbees.  Alienbees are relatively inexpensive, take a lot of abuse and for less than the price of a smaller 400AB you can purchase a powerpack to take on location.
When I first set up my studio, I purchased some "cheaper" lights and it was only about a month before I bought some AB 800.  The cheaper lights I now use on occasion as background lights.

What I am saying is that if you try to go the least expensive way, you will quickly find that you will need to upgrade and so the cost of the upgrade say to ABs will actually be the cost of the ABs plus the money wasted trying to go cheap.

I know that the expenses of getting into photography simply seems to get larger every day.  However, you will find that buying better equipment will actually save money and will produce better results.  Here are a couple more lessons I learned, I shoot Canon and the recommended lenses were a 50 1.4, a 24-70 2.8 and a 70-200 IS II 2.8.  I didn't want to spend that much money so I purchased a 17-85 IS for about $700 a 75-300 IS for about $700 and a 50 1.8.  Of the lenses, the 50 1.8 is the only one I have left.  The other two I sold for about half what I paid for them making the cost of the 24-70 and the 70-200 about $3,000 each.
For my money the Canon 17-55 IS 2.8 is a decent alternative to the 24-70 2.8.
Apr 24 13 10:32 am  Link  Quote 
Photographer
OTSOG
Posts: 141
Benicia, California, US


welschvideo wrote:
Now, do these two lights have two completely different functions or is just the build quality cheaper?

It's hard for me to say. Ten minutes with google didn't tell me much, either: that says a lot. There are other budget monoblocks out with similar specs, for less money. The Bees at least have a wealth of information out from users with details makers and sellers often hide.

For instance, I was unable to find if the westcott power variability is stepped or stepless. I presume the latter, but can't verify. On modifiers, someone (David Hobby, I think) said "3 pin" but not "3 pin Bowens/Calumet" so unlike Bees, you may be limited to Westcott modifiers.

If those two were the only choices, I'd go for the Bees because they're well known.

Apr 24 13 10:59 am  Link  Quote 
Photographer
AVD AlphaDuctions
Posts: 10,541
Gatineau, Quebec, Canada


For me, the market has cleaned up a lot.  there really are just two choices. Neewer for 37$ and AlienBees for whatever they are costing today.  Nothing in between makes sense. ABs have resale value and customer service and all the good things for starting out. Neewers are so inexpensive you can buy spares. I did when they were 3x the price.  I dont think you can go wrong with either decision.
Apr 24 13 12:22 pm  Link  Quote 
Photographer
Steven Velasquez
Posts: 22
Corona, New York, US


I actually used Adorama's brand Flashpoint II 320M this weekend and they were surprisingly nice. Even though they were only 150 Watts each they were more than enough for the small studio. I think they have a 100 watt modeling light, you can power down all the way from 1/32 to full power, built in slave-triggers, felt well built.

And for $150 you can get one with the stand, softbox and speedring. I'm actually thinking of getting a pair myself.
Apr 24 13 01:35 pm  Link  Quote 
Photographer
Kelvin Hammond
Posts: 17,359
Billings, Montana, US


I wanted some extra accent lights for the studio, and even though I have been using ABs, I decided to buy these as accent lights:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/300W-Monolight- … 56555ba03e

http://i.ebayimg.com/t/300W-Monolight-Strobe-Flash-PHOTO-STUDIO-PHOTOGRAPHY-LIGHT-LIGHTING-/00/s/NjAwWDYwMA==/$T2eC16h,!y8E9s2fl7Z1BQtB!z!0DQ~~60_3.JPG


They're pretty basic, but they seem to work predictably, and at a mere $65... sheesh... why not?  No bells and whistles whatsoever (except for a slave), but so far, no problems.
Apr 24 13 01:44 pm  Link  Quote 
Photographer
Gil Rivera
Posts: 551
New York, New York, US


Bowens are also good, inexpensive and reliable lights.
Apr 24 13 01:54 pm  Link  Quote 
Photographer
J O H N A L L A N
Posts: 10,234
Santa Ana, California, US


AJScalzitti wrote:
...
As for budget I usually suggest something like the starter photogenics or elinchrom d-lite line, this way when/if you upgrade to professional lights you have a clear path and all your modifers can move with you.

Personally, I would go with Elinchrom before photogenics, different class of light (although not familiar with d-lite specifically - maybe that's their budget offering).

But to expand on what he said above: When alienbees came into existence, they chose to use one of the most ubiquitous modifier mounts in the industry (the Balcar mount). Balcar was high-end lighting, so there was extensive modifier availability, as well as a solid upgrade path to more professional lighting when the alienbees started showing their limitations.

Balcar is now out of business (they haven't had a US distributor for about 10 years now). So basically now purchasing Alienbees you have another proprietary mount with no upgrade path outside of Paul Buff equipment.

With Elinchrom, you have their pro line, which is actually professional level lighting.

Apr 24 13 02:07 pm  Link  Quote 
Photographer
Marin Photography NYC
Posts: 7,235
New York, New York, US


Get the Bees...I wish I did. I got some Bowens knock offs, they work great but guess what? No warranty and no customer service either!!!......so far my fingers are crossed and everything works great. For how long? I don't know.....
Apr 24 13 02:10 pm  Link  Quote 
Photographer
welschvideo
Posts: 150
Los Angeles, California, US


Smedley Whiplash wrote:
I wanted some extra accent lights for the studio, and even though I have been using ABs, I decided to buy these as accent lights:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/300W-Monolight- … 56555ba03e

http://i.ebayimg.com/t/300W-Monolight-Strobe-Flash-PHOTO-STUDIO-PHOTOGRAPHY-LIGHT-LIGHTING-/00/s/NjAwWDYwMA==/$T2eC16h,!y8E9s2fl7Z1BQtB!z!0DQ~~60_3.JPG


They're pretty basic, but they seem to work predictably, and at a mere $65... sheesh... why not?  No bells and whistles whatsoever (except for a slave), but so far, no problems.

Would this be fine to use outdoors?

Apr 24 13 02:11 pm  Link  Quote 
Photographer
J O H N A L L A N
Posts: 10,234
Santa Ana, California, US


welschvideo wrote:

Would this be fine to use outdoors?

I may be wrong, but from the picture it doesn't look like these things even accept modifiers. What are you going to do with a light that doesn't accept modifiers?

Apr 24 13 02:16 pm  Link  Quote 
Photographer
AJ_In_Atlanta
Posts: 12,801
Atlanta, Georgia, US


John Allan wrote:
Personally, I would go with Elinchrom before photogenics, different class of light (although not familiar with d-lite specifically - maybe that's their budget offering).

But to expand on what he said above: When alienbees came into existence, they chose to use one of the most ubiquitous modifier mounts in the industry (the Balcar mount). Balcar was high-end lighting, so there was extensive modifier availability, as well as a solid upgrade path to more professional lighting when the alienbees started showing their limitations.

Balcar is now out of business (they haven't had a US distributor for about 10 years now). So basically now purchasing Alienbees you have another proprietary mount with no upgrade path outside of Paul Buff equipment.

With Elinchrom, you have their pro line, which is actually professional level lighting.

The D-lite is the Elinchrom stater line.  Maxes out at 400w/s but offers the sky port system built in.  Not really a bad light, the first gen lacked a fan and used a 7mm umbrella but they have improve that over the years.  They are on the 3rd major gen now.

Easy upgrade path to the higher end line - love the rangers BTW

Apr 24 13 02:16 pm  Link  Quote 
Photographer
AJ_In_Atlanta
Posts: 12,801
Atlanta, Georgia, US


Scar Media NYC wrote:
I actually used Adorama's brand Flashpoint II 320M this weekend and they were surprisingly nice. Even though they were only 150 Watts each they were more than enough for the small studio. I think they have a 100 watt modeling light, you can power down all the way from 1/32 to full power, built in slave-triggers, felt well built.

And for $150 you can get one with the stand, softbox and speedring. I'm actually thinking of getting a pair myself.

Actually I used those with the battery pack option, not bad at all.  Consistent output and I did not freak when one fell over lol

Apr 24 13 02:18 pm  Link  Quote 
Photographer
ThomasBlanchardFineArt
Posts: 221
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, US


Love my bees.   If you are going to be outside over powering the sun go big.  Otherwise for in the studio you will not need much and ab400's will do the trick.  Wish I had more 400 vs. 1600.

The really do stand behind their product.
Apr 24 13 02:24 pm  Link  Quote 
Photographer
John Draper
Posts: 87
Fredericton, New Brunswick, Canada


I have been using "Interfit" strobes for 5 years now ... no issues, love them smile
Here is the link to the latest version of the ones I have:
http://www.adorama.com/PAINT467.html
... a 3 light kit (300 watt/sec each, stands, wheeled carry bag, small umbrella, small soft box, snoot and barn doors for under $800 ... hard to beat that ... they make lots of modifiers including beautiful pan reflectors ...
Apr 24 13 02:34 pm  Link  Quote 
Photographer
MichaelClements
Posts: 1,739
Adelaide, South Australia, Australia


Bees Bees Bees
Apr 24 13 02:41 pm  Link  Quote 
Photographer
welschvideo
Posts: 150
Los Angeles, California, US


I might buy:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B002IB … C6HOH9AVE6

Will this be compatible with alien bees ab800 for an outside shoot on a sunny day?
Apr 24 13 03:09 pm  Link  Quote 
Photographer
Kelvin Hammond
Posts: 17,359
Billings, Montana, US


John Allan wrote:
I may be wrong, but from the picture it doesn't look like these things even accept modifiers. What are you going to do with a light that doesn't accept modifiers?

They have a few modifiers.  A gridspot attachment, and a softbox speedring with various sizes of softboxes. Umbrellas attach via standard hole in the units mounting shaft.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Photo-Studio-So … 3a6f5cae2d

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Photo-Studio-Ba … 3ccbe75460

I don't anticipate taking mine outdoors. It would probably work, but I prefer the AB's for outdoor work.

The build quality isn't bad on these, but to me the Bee's are uniquely suited to outdoor work.

I like to use lots of lights for Playboy style lighting, so the reason I bought these was for accents on the background, set, or edge-lighting. It's a pretty cheap way to have lots of lights.

Apr 24 13 03:20 pm  Link  Quote 
Photographer
TJ PhotographyPA
Posts: 463
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, US


I have (2) AB800's and (1) Einstein. I use the Einstein as my main light and use it also with a (1) light setup and amazed on how great it works. To be honest, I would suggest you should buy what you desire.
Apr 24 13 03:22 pm  Link  Quote 
Photographer
AVD AlphaDuctions
Posts: 10,541
Gatineau, Quebec, Canada


John Allan wrote:

I may be wrong, but from the picture it doesn't look like these things even accept modifiers. What are you going to do with a light that doesn't accept modifiers?

I have a studio full of softboxes, strip boxes, BDs barn doors, snoots, gel holders, reflctors, grids etc.
if you want a specific modifier from a particular vendor or line of modifiers you can get a universal-to-specific adapters on eBay for 19.95.  They fit a lot of bowens stuff but sometimes for something heavy (like a BD) you need to go with a universal-to-specific adapter.

my problem with those particular ones is they are too powerful for indoors at 300W/S and a dial that only goes down to 1/8 power.  forget using them on the side unless your studio is wide enough to park a jet.  This is why I recommend the 180W/S units instead.  Outdoors you would need a battery pack, just like any other strobe other than ABs.  ABs have an advantage in that they are well mated to the specific battery packs from PCB.  The rest of the 'pack' have to deal with standard issues.

Apr 24 13 03:41 pm  Link  Quote 
Photographer
Kelvin Hammond
Posts: 17,359
Billings, Montana, US


AVD AlphaDuctions wrote:
I have a studio full of softboxes, strip boxes, BDs barn doors, snoots, gel holders, reflctors, grids etc.
if you want a specific modifier from a particular vendor or line of modifiers you can get a universal-to-specific adapters on eBay for 19.95.  They fit a lot of bowens stuff but sometimes for something heavy (like a BD) you need to go with a universal-to-specific adapter.

my problem with those particular ones is they are too powerful for indoors at 300W/S and a dial that only goes down to 1/8 power.  forget using them on the side unless your studio is wide enough to park a jet.  This is why I recommend the 180W/S units instead.  Outdoors you would need a battery pack, just like any other strobe other than ABs.  ABs have an advantage in that they are well mated to the specific battery packs from PCB.  The rest of the 'pack' have to deal with standard issues.

The 300w units do have quite a bit more power then I anticipated. With a small softbox I still get about an f5.6 at the lowest power setting at 6ft.


In terms of outdoors though, I wouldn't go outside without my AB1600 for most shoots. I can turn it to 1/64th power for shade, or full blast for full sun.

Apr 24 13 03:47 pm  Link  Quote 
Photographer
AVD AlphaDuctions
Posts: 10,541
Gatineau, Quebec, Canada


Smedley Whiplash wrote:

The 300w units do have quite a bit more power then I anticipated. With a small softbox I still get about an f5.6 at the lowest power setting at 6ft.


In terms of outdoors though, I wouldn't go outside without my AB1600 for most shoots. I can turn it to 1/64th power for shade, or full blast for full sun.

the Neewer 300s are fine outside.  in a bizarre twist of fate (or engineering) they are apparently more powerful than their rating, although ratings dont translate always to the same GN.  more than enough to turn sky dark blue or even black.  of course...they still dont have a 1/64 power setting sad  So I'm always using speedlights for that on HSS.

Apr 24 13 04:17 pm  Link  Quote 
Photographer
Michael Broughton
Posts: 2,238
Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada


AVD AlphaDuctions wrote:
the Neewer 300s are fine outside.

as long as it doesn't rain.

Apr 24 13 04:40 pm  Link  Quote 
Photographer
Michael Bots
Posts: 5,880
Kingston, Ontario, Canada


welschvideo wrote:
Would this be fine to use outdoors?

John Allan wrote:
I may be wrong, but from the picture it doesn't look like these things even accept modifiers. What are you going to do with a light that doesn't accept modifiers?

Those are Godox units.  I have a couple of the smaller 160 WS ones.  Work fine with "universal" snoots, small softboxes etc. but you are right - large modifiers are not really meant for those

Their bigger models use the "Bowens" mount for modifiers.
Full product line all the way up to high speed and 1000WS units.

The world of private labeling. Julius, Neewer, one giant factory for everyone.


http://www.godox.com/EN/Products_Studio_Flash.html

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Real-Watts-Outp … 0892925661
http://www.ebay.com/itm/290852884865


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2q3SysRKiiQ
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GuNtHg_IN2Q

Apr 25 13 05:24 pm  Link  Quote 
guide forum
Photographer
Robb Mann
Posts: 10,536
Baltimore, Maryland, US


Know what you're buying. Many cheap lights double theur rated power, or more. I doubt you're getting 300ws on a $65 monolight. I would not buy anything cheaper than alienbee. At least you get customer service and resale value there.
Apr 25 13 05:31 pm  Link  Quote 
Photographer
AVD AlphaDuctions
Posts: 10,541
Gatineau, Quebec, Canada


Robb Mann wrote:
Know what you're buying. Many cheap lights double theur rated power, or more. I doubt you're getting 300ws on a $65 monolight. I would not buy anything cheaper than alienbee. At least you get customer service and resale value there.

this may have been true in general years ago and maybe I got luck with my choices back then. but now, its pretty much standard. the 37$ 180WS really puts out that much light as their claimed GN bare bulb.  it just doesnt have the power range that more expensive strobes have. that is limiting.  the 300w/s jobbies are under rated if anything. I almost never use mine except shooting through pillows.  even a BD doesnt eat enough light for me to get it in close enough on lowest power without shooting at f16 and beyond.

Apr 25 13 06:25 pm  Link  Quote 
Photographer
o k u t a k e
Posts: 4,660
New York, New York, US


Another vote for the Bees. I've used them in the past and they never failed me. They are clearly not the best lights on the market, but in their price range and considering the level of service you get from Paul C. Buff, you can't beat them. 

For indoors the B400's are perfect and have the shortest flash duration (the shorter the flash duration, the better you can freeze motion. Similar to shutter speed.) If you're battling the sun, the B1600's are the best. Overall, I prefer the B800's since they are powerful enough to overcome the sun in many situations, but at the same time, have a fast enough flash duration to capture subjects in motion.

As others have noted, their numbers don't correspond with their power ratings so keep that in mind. 160w, 320w and 640w respectively. They will also fire when they are not fully charged so make sure you allow enough time for the caps to fill before pressing the shutter. Otherwise you will get variations in light and color output.
Apr 25 13 06:26 pm  Link  Quote 
Photographer
Jay Farrell
Posts: 13,102
Nashville, Tennessee, US


GPS Studio Services wrote:
Alien Bee is a very popular light with great customer service and a proven track record.  Since they are so popular there are many companies that make compatible accessories as well.  By the way, it is more than 150 watt seconds.

The light you are looking at is less popular, won't have access to the same customer service and will be more difficult to get accessories for.  It also isn't that much cheaper.  I would go Alien Bee, but that is just me.

This +1

Apr 25 13 06:31 pm  Link  Quote 
Photographer
A-M-P
Posts: 18,211
Orlando, Florida, US


Flashpoint II is my go to choice for cheap monolights. They also have a huge line up of accessories.
Apr 25 13 06:51 pm  Link  Quote 
Photographer
Rick OBanion Photo
Posts: 1,351
Saint Catharines-Niagara, Ontario, Canada


Smedley Whiplash wrote:
I wanted some extra accent lights for the studio, and even though I have been using ABs, I decided to buy these as accent lights:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/300W-Monolight- … 56555ba03e

http://i.ebayimg.com/t/300W-Monolight-Strobe-Flash-PHOTO-STUDIO-PHOTOGRAPHY-LIGHT-LIGHTING-/00/s/NjAwWDYwMA==/$T2eC16h,!y8E9s2fl7Z1BQtB!z!0DQ~~60_3.JPG


They're pretty basic, but they seem to work predictably, and at a mere $65... sheesh... why not?  No bells and whistles whatsoever (except for a slave), but so far, no problems.

I bought the kit.....Brand name Neewer. 3x strobes,Stands, remotes, brellas, soft boxes, barn door, gels...$325. So far so good...no issues.

Apr 25 13 06:51 pm  Link  Quote 
Photographer
Jose Deida
Posts: 1,166
BLANDON, Pennsylvania, US


Apr 25 13 06:59 pm  Link  Quote 
Photographer
AVD AlphaDuctions
Posts: 10,541
Gatineau, Quebec, Canada


Rick OBanion Photo wrote:
I bought the kit.....Brand name Neewer. 3x strobes,Stands, remotes, brellas, soft boxes, barn door, gels...$325. So far so good...no issues.

did you get next-day delivery from Brampton?

Apr 25 13 07:01 pm  Link  Quote 
Photographer
Michael Bots
Posts: 5,880
Kingston, Ontario, Canada


Godox 160WS
http://www.eachshot.com/product/godox-1 … -lighting/         
$65.98        no issues

AB  160WS
http://www.paulcbuff.com/b400.php
$224.95

AB  320WS
http://www.paulcbuff.com/b800.php
$279.95       no issues
Apr 25 13 07:05 pm  Link  Quote 
Photographer
Photos by Lorrin
Posts: 6,985
Eugene, Oregon, US


I assisted a photographer last Monday.

Wind blew over flashpoint - broke all the mounting point to reflector and body.

He called Flashpoint service - woman answered, she did not even know if they had replacement cases for the unit.

The electronics still work the case is shot.

Had same thing happen to Alienbee - $40 including shipping.  They had the parts.
Apr 26 13 12:25 am  Link  Quote 
Photographer
OrlandoGlamour
Posts: 177
Orlando, Florida, US


I've had (most of) my AlienBees AB-800 lights for 5+ years.  I did add a few more a couple of years back, and a AB-1600 a couple of months ago.  I've never had a problem with any of them, except one that was damaged in shipping.  It was replaced 4 days later by the folks at Paul Buff (manufacturer).  All it took was one phone call to them and reporting the issue.  They paid shipping both ways (overnight to me, and return for the damaged light).

Why am I loyal to them?  They just work.  Period!

I've also purchased the original Vagabond, Vagabond-II (orange case), and the new Vagabond Mini.  The first two were great; the mini is spectacular!

There are more expensive lights on the market, and possibly better as well... but for the money, these lights have given me years of use, service, and pleasure.  If I were to buy another light tomorrow, it would also be an AB light.

Good luck with your decision!
Apr 26 13 01:04 am  Link  Quote 
Photographer
Don Olson Imagery
Posts: 291
Eugene, Oregon, US


Boy, you can really tell who's been around for awhile and who hasn't.
Sounds like you are just starting and want the best for the least amount of money?
Look through ebay or locally for SpeedOTron or Norman. I'll bet you can get a complete studio setup with at least 3 heads, stands and all the light modifiers you can think of for 300-400 bucks. These would be up to 2,000 to 2,400 ws.

There is a reason that these have been the standard of the industry for decades. Yes they are a bit bulky but nothing out there is as consistent in light temp or as rugged. Parts are readily available. I just keep some spare flash tubes and modeling bulbs just in case.

I also take these on location using a PB power pak when a outlet isn't available.
Apr 26 13 01:23 am  Link  Quote 
Photographer
Kelvin Hammond
Posts: 17,359
Billings, Montana, US


Robb Mann wrote:
Know what you're buying. Many cheap lights double theur rated power, or more. I doubt you're getting 300ws on a $65 monolight. I would not buy anything cheaper than alienbee. At least you get customer service and resale value there.

I tell you what... that little Chinese 300w unit puts out a hellofa lot of light, probably more then my AB400.  I found myself surprised. The problem was more that I couldn't turn the volume down far enough.

The downside is to be determined later. Like the rest of my Harbor Freight/Yongnou collection, I suspect it will fail prematurely.

Apr 26 13 07:30 am  Link  Quote 
Photographer
Camerosity
Posts: 5,310
Saint Louis, Missouri, US


AVD AlphaDuctions wrote:
Outdoors you would need a battery pack, just like any other strobe other than ABs.  ABs have an advantage in that they are well mated to the specific battery packs from PCB.  The rest of the 'pack' have to deal with standard issues.

That’s not quite true. A PCB engineer told me (last week) that they have tested their new Mini sine wave inverter with a variety of non-PCB strobes, and there’s a long list of them that the new Mini will work with.

I own 14 Photogenic monolights (from one of the original Powerlights to four of the current model Solairs including a couple of StudioMax II’s) and two Photogenic packs with heads that I’ve had since the 1970’s. The reason I called PCB is that Photogenic recently introduced the Photogenic ION Lithium-Ion Pure Sine Wave Inverter. The specs of the PCB and Photogenic inverters are virtually identical. PCB said their Mini will work with all my Photogenic monolights. Photogenic has tested its ION with several non-Photogenic strobes as well – but Photogenic’s costs about $130 more than PCB’s.

Neither company has tested them with the old Photogenic power packs – but I haven’t used them in years anyway.

And Dyna-Lite still has its own sine wave inverter that apparently is very different from PCB’s and the Photogenic’s. Dyna-Lite has been advertising its inverter for use with many brands of strobes for several years.

Apr 28 13 04:49 am  Link  Quote 
12last   Search   Reply