login info join!
Forums > Off-Topic Discussion > UFO Inquiries a Step Closer to Respectability Search   Reply
Photographer
Vivus Hussein Denuo
Posts: 63,695
New York, New York, US


As I post, a bi-partisan committee of former US lawmakers is meeting at the National Press Club in Washington, DC to take testimony from 40 witnesses, including several retired US Air Force officers and professionals in a variety of fields - and including Apollo 14 austronaut Edgar Mitchell - on the subject of UFO's, and on an alleged government cover-up regarding same.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/04/2 … 75272.html

It's no coincidence, imo, that the committee members are all former lawmakers, and that the Air Force officers are all retired.  It's still true that the subject of UFO's tends to draw ridicule, smiles, mentions of "little green men," and that having anything to do with it remains an excellent way to quickly kill even the most promising career.

But the committee members are pillars of our national community, as are many of the witnesses.  I think that, with such respected personages taking the subject seriously, it seems only a question of time before larger and larger numbers of ordinary Americans do the same.  A likely consequence will eventually be growing popular pressure on the government to reveal what it knows but has been keeping secret on this subject, imo.

And why not?  It's our tax money they're spending.
Apr 30 13 09:07 am  Link  Quote 
Photographer
Guss W
Posts: 10,573
Clearwater, Florida, US


Ours is just one government.  Do you think all governments of the globe are hiding something?
Apr 30 13 09:17 am  Link  Quote 
Photographer
Vivus Hussein Denuo
Posts: 63,695
New York, New York, US


Guss W wrote:
Ours is just one government.  Do you think all governments of the globe are hiding something?

I don't know.  I do know that some governments have begun to de-classify their UFO files and make them available to the public.  The US has lagged behind in that regard, but has begun the process.

http://abcnews.go.com/Technology/fbi-va … d=13347754

Apr 30 13 09:24 am  Link  Quote 
Photographer
GK photo
Posts: 27,431
Laguna Beach, California, US


waste of money and time.
Apr 30 13 09:27 am  Link  Quote 
Photographer
Vivus Hussein Denuo
Posts: 63,695
New York, New York, US


GK photo wrote:
waste of money and time.

Maybe.

Apr 30 13 09:32 am  Link  Quote 
Photographer
Tim Little Photography
Posts: 11,524
Wilmington, Delaware, US


Look at what has happened over the past few years. More and more credible people are stepping up with their UFO experiences. And people in positions of power are listening to their stories.

A few years ago, out of the blue and seemingly for no reason, the Vatican announced that extraterrestrial life does not change anything with the Catholic church. The existence of ET's is acceptable to their doctrine. At the same time the Vatican observatory became much more active.

NASA has gone to great effort to promote the acceptance that water and therefore microbial life is a very real possibility in our solar system.

Put it all together and I believe the powers that be are slowly getting us ready to accept that we are being visited  by intelligent life from outer space and have been for a long time. It could be that the nations have been working with them. Or, only we have been. Or, they own our asses and its time to bow to the new boss. NOT the same as the old boss.

We will see.
Apr 30 13 11:15 am  Link  Quote 
Photographer
Vivus Hussein Denuo
Posts: 63,695
New York, New York, US


Tim Little Photography wrote:
Look at what has happened over the past few years. More and more credible people are stepping up with their UFO experiences. And people in positions of power are listening to their stories.

A few years ago, out of the blue and seemingly for no reason, the Vatican announced that extraterrestrial life does not change anything with the Catholic church. The existence of ET's is acceptable to their doctrine. At the same time the Vatican observatory became much more active.

NASA has gone to great effort to promote the acceptance that water and therefore microbial life is a very real possibility in our solar system.

Put it all together and I believe the powers that be are slowly getting us ready to accept that we are being visited  by intelligent life from outer space and have been for a long time. It could be that the nations have been working with them. Or, only we have been. Or, they own our asses and its time to bow to the new boss. NOT the same as the old boss.

We will see.

If some of the witnesses are to be believed, there are many species of space aliens.  If so, I'd guess they each have their own agenda.  So, if - further - some of them have been in touch with members of Earth governments, the answer to the question of exactly what their relationship with Earthlings is may be somewhat complex.

Are our governments preparing us to be told that the aliens are here?  Maybe.  I've wondered about that, too.  But there isn't enough info. to answer the question, imo.

Apr 30 13 11:49 am  Link  Quote 
Photographer
Michael Bots
Posts: 5,453
Kingston, Ontario, Canada


Guss W wrote:
Ours is just one government.  Do you think all governments of the globe are hiding something?

UFO Contact - Former Canadian Defence Minister
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RGyFWyNuF3s

---------------------------------------------------------------------
The CIA, the Movie Mogul, and 'The Day the Earth Stood Still'
http://silverscreensaucers.blogspot.ca/ … stood.html


Captain Kirk’s Predecessor: Star Trek Was RAND Corporation Predictive Programming
http://explosivereports.com/2013/01/20/ … ogramming/
http://www.startrekhistory.com/cagepage.html

"Actor Jeffrey Hunter, who played captain Christopher Pike in the Star Trek pilot “The Cage” told a Hollywood columnist in January of ’65 that he hoped the pilot-episode would be picked up as a series because he was intrigued by the fact that the series was based on the RAND corporation’s “projection of things to come.”"


A History of Government Management of UFO Perceptions Through Film and Television
http://www.49thparallel.bham.ac.uk/back … Alford.pdf

Apr 30 13 11:52 am  Link  Quote 
Photographer
Will Snizek Photography
Posts: 1,387
Beckley, West Virginia, US


I think we need to stop with all the UFO stuff and sending radio signals out into space, etc.  I really believe that we do not want to meet an advanced alien race with the technology to make it to Earth.  If they have the technology to get here, they are likely thousands if not millions of years ahead of us.  We'd be good for food, pets or slaves and that's about it. 

As far as UFO sightings go, there hasn't been a single sighting that convinces me.  If aliens were visiting, we'd have a good video of it by now.  You can't do anything these days without a pretty good video of it popping up.  Every last UFO video is of horrible quality when practically everyone in the world has a camera or cell phone that captures high quality video.
Apr 30 13 11:54 am  Link  Quote 
Photographer
Tim Little Photography
Posts: 11,524
Wilmington, Delaware, US


Vivus Hussein Denuo wrote:

If some of the witnesses are to be believed, there are many species of space aliens.  If so, I'd guess they each have their own agenda.  So, if - further - some of them have been in touch with members of Earth governments, the answer to the question of exactly what their relationship with Earthlings is may be somewhat complex.

Are our governments preparing us to be told that the aliens are here?  Maybe.  I've wondered about that, too.  But there isn't enough info. to answer the question, imo.

I totally agree with this. My thesis is pure speculation based on what may just be a series of unrelated events.

Apr 30 13 11:54 am  Link  Quote 
Photographer
Michael Bots
Posts: 5,453
Kingston, Ontario, Canada


Will Snizek wrote:
I think we need to stop with all the UFO stuff and sending radio signals out into space, etc.  I really believe that we do not want to meet an advanced alien race with the technology to make it to Earth.  If they have the technology to get here, they are likely thousands if not millions of years ahead of us.  We'd be good for food, pets or slaves and that's about it. 

As far as UFO sightings go, there hasn't been a single sighting that convinces me.  If aliens were visiting, we'd have a good video of it by now.  You can't do anything these days without a pretty good video of it popping up.  Every last UFO video is of horrible quality when practically everyone in the world has a camera or cell phone that captures high quality video.

or as little as 100 years ahead  -- the result of decades of looking at high end wreckage for profit and advantage


Radio signals are already over 100 light years out (thousands of star systems in that volume)

Clarifying NASA's Warp Drive Program
http://spaceref.com/nasa-hack-space/pro … ogram.html
"Few people know this but NASA actually has a warp drive program underway at Johnson Space Center." ----

NASA Starts Work on Real Life Star Trek Warp Drive
http://gizmodo.com/5942634/nasa-starts- … warp-drive


Google ---   mexico city ufo video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9H6sEbDLb1o

Apr 30 13 12:08 pm  Link  Quote 
Photographer
Vivus Hussein Denuo
Posts: 63,695
New York, New York, US


Michael Bots wrote:
UFO Contact - Former Canadian Defence Minister
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RGyFWyNuF3s

---------------------------------------------------------------------
The CIA, the Movie Mogul, and 'The Day the Earth Stood Still'
http://silverscreensaucers.blogspot.ca/ … stood.html


Captain Kirk’s Predecessor: Star Trek Was RAND Corporation Predictive Programming
http://explosivereports.com/2013/01/20/ … ogramming/
http://www.startrekhistory.com/cagepage.html

"Actor Jeffrey Hunter, who played captain Christopher Pike in the Star Trek pilot “The Cage” told a Hollywood columnist in January of ’65 that he hoped the pilot-episode would be picked up as a series because he was intrigued by the fact that the series was based on the RAND corporation’s “projection of things to come.”"


A History of Government Management of UFO Perceptions Through Film and Television
http://www.49thparallel.bham.ac.uk/back … Alford.pdf

The former Canadian Defence Minister's testimony is pretty powerful.

Former AZ governor Fife Symington watched a huge, triangle-shaped UFO move slowly and silently overhead.  He says:

"I know what I saw. To me, there's no question that we've experienced extraterrestrial visits and civilizations that are far more advanced than we are."

"I don't approach it from a fearful standpoint. I actually like to think that we're not alone in the universe, and I'm not bashful on the subject. I think we're dealing with some fascinating unknowns and someday, the truth will out."

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/08/2 … _Incidents

Apr 30 13 12:13 pm  Link  Quote 
Photographer
AdelaideJohn1967
Posts: 12,291
Adelaide, South Australia, Australia


Tim Little Photography wrote:
Look at what has happened over the past few years. More and more credible people are stepping up with their UFO experiences. And people in positions of power are listening to their stories.

A few years ago, out of the blue and seemingly for no reason, the Vatican announced that extraterrestrial life does not change anything with the Catholic church. The existence of ET's is acceptable to their doctrine. At the same time the Vatican observatory became much more active.

NASA has gone to great effort to promote the acceptance that water and therefore microbial life is a very real possibility in our solar system.

Put it all together and I believe the powers that be are slowly getting us ready to accept that we are being visited  by intelligent life from outer space and have been for a long time. It could be that the nations have been working with them. Or, only we have been. Or, they own our asses and its time to bow to the new boss. NOT the same as the old boss.

We will see.

Oh Tim I would love to believe and love your optimism.

But if that were the case why have the aliens not tried to help us sort out the fucked up state of the world we are in. Help us change our societies for the better etc? And do other general good stuff.

Apr 30 13 06:02 pm  Link  Quote 
Photographer
AdelaideJohn1967
Posts: 12,291
Adelaide, South Australia, Australia


As long as they have more credibility then this guy and his snake oil.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8eWF-Clblnk
Apr 30 13 06:05 pm  Link  Quote 
Photographer
Michael Bots
Posts: 5,453
Kingston, Ontario, Canada


More from  Paul Hellyer, former Minister of Defense of Canada speaking at the National Press Club event.


http://vimeo.com/65430488
May 06 13 01:03 pm  Link  Quote 
Photographer
udor
Posts: 21,707
New York, New York, US


Vivus Hussein Denuo wrote:
As I post, a bi-partisan committee of former US lawmakers is meeting at the National Press Club in Washington, DC to take testimony from 40 witnesses, including several retired US Air Force officers and professionals in a variety of fields - and including Apollo 14 austronaut Edgar Mitchell - on the subject of UFO's, and on an alleged government cover-up regarding same.

Ever heard of the Disclosure Project?

There are 2 parts to it, this kind of high level testimonies and a documentary (check YouTube).
The group is pushing for congressional hearing and acknowledgment for a few years, already!

May 06 13 01:23 pm  Link  Quote 
Photographer
WIP
Posts: 15,115
Cheltenham, England, United Kingdom


UFO sightings were very much a cold war thing ' miss information' to confuse the Russians........... why ? because it was the explanation for spy planes.
May 06 13 01:37 pm  Link  Quote 
Photographer
A N D E R S O N
Posts: 2,553
Garden Grove, California, US


People capture spectacular videos of explosions, plane crashes, murders & beatings, politicians cheating. Not a single credible video/photo of a ufo, believe me I love space/ufo stuff but I think the government knows as much about it as we do. Oh and I trust Neil deGrasse Tyson.
May 06 13 01:57 pm  Link  Quote 
Photographer
Michael Bots
Posts: 5,453
Kingston, Ontario, Canada


May 06 13 02:08 pm  Link  Quote 
Photographer
tonyfromsyracuse
Posts: 374
Syracuse, New York, US


I can tell you what I know about aliens using common sense.

they are cold beings. they have seen all the death and sorrow and disease on this planet and have done nothing to help us. no secret emmisarys with vaccines for any of our plagues and diseases or illnesses.nothing.

they watch us from afar....not unlike how we do with animals in the wild ...and like our nature filmographers dont interfere when one of their subjects is in danger or starving or anything else.this shows you what level they consider us on in the scheme of life.

these beings out there ....certainly...arent more advanced then us culture wise.
even we primitive humans spend whole days trying to help a freaking horse out of a hole it has fallen in and call in a calvary of various departments.

these things that visit the earth...cold.

and while were at it...think about some of these reports...the aliens just sort of
flying slowly around...obviously, they dont care about the ramifications and stress of us seeing advanced beings floating about. I think they might be technologically superior...but I doubt they are more moral.
May 06 13 02:35 pm  Link  Quote 
Photographer
Vivus Hussein Denuo
Posts: 63,695
New York, New York, US


Michael Bots wrote:
More from  Paul Hellyer, former Minister of Defense of Canada speaking at the National Press Club event.


http://vimeo.com/65430488

Certainly intrigueing, that a former Canadian Defence Minister would make such outlandish statements in a public forum, and rely on a book that gives credence to New World Order conspiracy theories.  I kept thinking that someone in his high position must know what he's talking about.  But I also kept thinking, "Is this guy somebody who used to be establishment, but who went nuts?"

May 06 13 03:55 pm  Link  Quote 
Photographer
Vivus Hussein Denuo
Posts: 63,695
New York, New York, US


udor wrote:

Ever heard of the Disclosure Project?

There are 2 parts to it, this kind of high level testimonies and a documentary (check YouTube).
The group is pushing for congressional hearing and acknowledgment for a few years, already!

Yes, I'm familiar with the Disclosure Project, and I've seen their video clips on line.  As I've said, that's an awfully impressive array of witnesses.  I'm just not ready to fall down on my knees and say, "I believe!"

May 06 13 03:57 pm  Link  Quote 
Photographer
Vivus Hussein Denuo
Posts: 63,695
New York, New York, US


tonyfromsyracuse wrote:
I can tell you what I know about aliens using common sense.

they are cold beings. they have seen all the death and sorrow and disease on this planet and have done nothing to help us. no secret emmisarys with vaccines for any of our plagues and diseases or illnesses.nothing.

they watch us from afar....not unlike how we do with animals in the wild ...and like our nature filmographers dont interfere when one of their subjects is in danger or starving or anything else.this shows you what level they consider us on in the scheme of life.

these beings out there ....certainly...arent more advanced then us culture wise.
even we primitive humans spend whole days trying to help a freaking horse out of a hole it has fallen in and call in a calvary of various departments.

these things that visit the earth...cold.

and while were at it...think about some of these reports...the aliens just sort of
flying slowly around...obviously, they dont care about the ramifications and stress of us seeing advanced beings floating about. I think they might be technologically superior...but I doubt they are more moral.

If, as claimed, various species of space (or space/time) aliens are visiting Earth, they may all have their own agendas, and maybe making us Earthlings more comfortable just isn't real high on any of their lists.

And then there's the Prime Directive.

May 06 13 04:00 pm  Link  Quote 
Photographer
Vivus Hussein Denuo
Posts: 63,695
New York, New York, US


Michael Bots wrote:
Alleged UFO spotted over South Korea
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/newstop … Korea.html

UFO over Mexico City
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x8s579 … YgbJNJOP9o

That Korean sighting, if that's what it was, and not a hoax, was interesting.  Sadly, many of these sightings just suddenly appear on the Internet these days, with no info. on where they came from, nor any other info on who made the clip, when, with what camera, etc.

I had seen the Mexico City clip before.  I'm suspicious.

May 06 13 04:07 pm  Link  Quote 
Photographer
Michael Bots
Posts: 5,453
Kingston, Ontario, Canada


May 06 13 05:30 pm  Link  Quote 
Photographer
tonyfromsyracuse
Posts: 374
Syracuse, New York, US


I think the south korean video is an obvious fake. its always the little things that give them away.

in the video...the guy is obviously tracking something he obviously thinks is interesting..possibly a UFO....notice how the UFO zooms up out of view...yet...there is no following motion by the camera...he keeps it static focused on the same place.it would just be a reflex to follow where it went even if one knows the window isnt that big and would obscure his view.

this is a descrepancy he wasnt thinking of when he decided to do this.
he probably had the idea to do this spur of the moment on a flight...so,he filmed out the window and was going to add the UFO after the fact some day....but he didnt take into account the notion that most people would have moved the camera to track the UFO when it zoomed upwards.

also...I have seen a billion of these videos and alot of them admittedly fake, and the "objects" always move in a tell tale way...they lack...."weight" to them,so that when they zoom they almost all in unison have the same look. when it zooms up...it has that look. I'm just saying.
May 06 13 05:47 pm  Link  Quote 
guide forum
Photographer
Robb Mann
Posts: 9,990
Baltimore, Maryland, US


Hmm. Im predicting this will be the next thread locked for being too 'soapboxy'.
May 06 13 06:05 pm  Link  Quote 
Photographer
Vivus Hussein Denuo
Posts: 63,695
New York, New York, US


Michael Bots wrote:
Disclosure  (LIVE UPDATES)

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/04/2 … 75272.html

Interesting.  Unfortunately, the former Congresspeople were evidently paid $20,000 apiece to chair the hearings and hear testimony.  This is sure to prompt the "follow-the-money" crowd to conclude that the whole thing is, as Rachel Maddow called it, a "fake hearing" designed to line the pockets of some.  That reasoning is weakened by the fact that $20,000 for 4 days' work is peanuts in today's Washington.  Further, it obscures the obvious:  The dozens of witnesses from all walks of life who actually testified were not paid to do so.

May 07 13 05:27 am  Link  Quote 
Photographer
Tim Little Photography
Posts: 11,524
Wilmington, Delaware, US


Congress can get paid to conduct hearings? WTF? Does anyone see a problem with this? Big Oil can line pockets and hearings will go their way? This sucks like crazy!
May 07 13 04:20 pm  Link  Quote 
Photographer
Vivus Hussein Denuo
Posts: 63,695
New York, New York, US


Tim Little Photography wrote:
Congress can get paid to conduct hearings? WTF? Does anyone see a problem with this? Big Oil can line pockets and hearings will go their way? This sucks like crazy!

Tim, they were all former Congresspersons.  It was a Congressional-style hearing, but not a Congressional hearing.  Congress hasn't conducted a hearing on UFO's since forever.  That was the point of making it look official, so that the actual Congress could see that a hearing on UFO's could be conducted in a reasonable manner.

May 07 13 05:10 pm  Link  Quote 
  Search   Reply



main | browse | casting/travel | forums | shout box | help | advertising | contests | share | join the mayhem

more modelmayhem on: | | | edu

©2006-2014 ModelMayhem.com. All Rights Reserved.
MODEL MAYHEM is a registered trademark.
Toggle Worksafe Mode: Off | On
Terms | Privacy | Careers