login info join!
Forums > Off-Topic Discussion > SF2: Ess Effin Two > Balance Search   Reply
Photographer
Caradoc
Posts: 19,482
Scottsdale, Arizona, US


Let's hear it for fine motor development!

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7392/8720672948_0ce2199e45.jpg
May 08 13 01:59 pm  Link  Quote 
Model
DivaEroticus
Posts: 14,285
Fayetteville, Arkansas, US


http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-A0k8cgFVJ1E/Txi5c0DuzBI/AAAAAAAAAMA/xnnBda5UYOI/s640/0001st50.gif
May 09 13 10:02 am  Link  Quote 
guide forum
Model
Koryn
Posts: 35,643
Asheville, North Carolina, US


http://i211.photobucket.com/albums/bb150/TOTO-LERO/gifs/to604byejamesdean37.gif
May 09 13 10:10 am  Link  Quote 
Model
The Original Sin
Posts: 13,894
Louisville, Kentucky, US


Awesome!!!
May 09 13 10:17 am  Link  Quote 
Model
Lumen Sky
Posts: 1,680
Center Moriches, New York, US


she is coming along so well
May 11 13 08:55 pm  Link  Quote 
Photographer
Caradoc
Posts: 19,482
Scottsdale, Arizona, US


Today we took her with us to Mother's Day Brunch. Before we even sat down, she managed to mash three fingers on her left hand in a folding chair. No permanent damage, just wailing and gnashing of teeth.

So our waiter brought her a basket of sticky buns as consolation. We didn't have the heart to tell him she probably wouldn't eat them because they were sticky and she doesn't really like sticky foods.

She got sticky. And didn't complain about it. She ate the entire basket of sticky buns except for the one I stole because she dropped it on the table...

Toward the end she got mad about her hands being sticky, put the bun on the plate, and simply ate it without using her hands.

She's picky, has some sensory challenges, and she's obstinate, but she's definitely not stupid.
May 12 13 04:32 pm  Link  Quote 
Model
Lumen Sky
Posts: 1,680
Center Moriches, New York, US


Caradoc wrote:
Today we took her with us to Mother's Day Brunch. Before we even sat down, she managed to mash three fingers on her left hand in a folding chair. No permanent damage, just wailing and gnashing of teeth.

So our waiter brought her a basket of sticky buns as consolation. We didn't have the heart to tell him she probably wouldn't eat them because they were sticky and she doesn't really like sticky foods.

She got sticky. And didn't complain about it. She ate the entire basket of sticky buns except for the one I stole because she dropped it on the table...

Toward the end she got mad about her hands being sticky, put the bun on the plate, and simply ate it without using her hands.

She's picky, has some sensory challenges, and she's obstinate, but she's definitely not stupid.

try finger painting with homemade finger paints she can eat?

May 12 13 06:14 pm  Link  Quote 
Photographer
Caradoc
Posts: 19,482
Scottsdale, Arizona, US


Lumen Sky wrote:
try finger painting with homemade finger paints she can eat?

She won't even put her fingers in Belgian Chocolate pudding.

May 12 13 07:05 pm  Link  Quote 
Model
Lumen Sky
Posts: 1,680
Center Moriches, New York, US


Caradoc wrote:
She won't even put her fingers in Belgian Chocolate pudding.

Chocolate pudding paint is one of the edibles. You could try to koolaid watercolor paint? I am not sure if I made that one up or not. Im sure others have thought of it. First with a brush? oops some spills on her hand and its yummy? just a suggestion from someone who works with others (much older than her though) who have similar tactile and sensory things. You are tackling it WAYYYYY earlier on and making it much easier for her. And doing a great job, as is she! I am always fascinated to read when you write and see her grow. She is a smart cookie for sure.

May 12 13 08:12 pm  Link  Quote 
Model
Laura UnBound
Posts: 26,984
Toronto, Ontario, Canada


Doesn't like sticky? You're blessed as fas as children go! wink
May 12 13 08:45 pm  Link  Quote 
  Search   Reply



main | browse | casting/travel | forums | shout box | help | advertising | contests | share | join the mayhem

more modelmayhem on: | | | edu

©2006-2014 ModelMayhem.com. All Rights Reserved.
MODEL MAYHEM is a registered trademark.
Toggle Worksafe Mode: Off | On
Terms | Privacy | Careers