Welcome to the Winner's Gallery for the Food Photo of the Day! Please read the full rules before participating. This is a daily contest with a new thread for each day, so look for the actual contest thread HERE in the Forum Contests.
No posting in this thread please. This is to display contest winners!
Here are the full rules. Please read them before participating.
1. You may enter only 1 image per day, even if you have multiple accounts.
2. You may only enter an image that you were directly involved in creating. *If the copyright holder requests that an entry be withdrawn from competition then the image and any votes it received will be disqualified.
3. You may not resubmit a given image to the contests for at least 15 days.
4. If you submit an entry, you are expected to vote in the contest. To vote, click quote under the image you wish to vote for. Below the quote please use the word VOTE. Please refrain from adding commentary on images you are not voting for, as it may confuse the staff and invalidate your real vote.
5. Only one vote per person each day even if you have multiple accounts.
6. No voting for an image you participated in creating.
7. No bumping your entry.
8. No voting before 12:00 PM MM time (Pacific) unless page 2 has been reached.
9. No collages or multiple images.
10. *No editorial comments or titles.* Credits are fine.
11. No vote stacking. DO NOT recruit votes! In all fairness to contestants and others, please do not impose upon others to vote for your entry. Do not solicit votes from friends, colleagues or other MM members. Do not vote for friends, colleagues or other MM members just because you know them. Vote on the merits of the photograph. If the Food Photo of the Day staff receives a complaint or senses abuse then an investigation will be made whereby suspect votes will be disqualified and entries may even be disqualified.
12. "M" (18+) images must be linked and noted as per MM rules.http://www.modelmayhem.com/help/rules/images 13. Voting will end no sooner than 5:00 AM MM time (Pacific) the following morning.
14. If your image has been posted for more than a few minutes then DON'T change it.
15. Images that are past winners are not eligible to be entered a second time.
16. For the purposes of this competition "food" is defined as any raw or cooked edible item or beverage, understood to be used for the purpose of human consumption, or any raw or prepared ingredient of same. Implied food (not directly visible, but understood to be present based on packaging/situation is acceptable. "Food" does NOT include live animals unless being directly consumed in the photograph. Butchered animals, or dead animals that are clearly intended as food, will be accepted. (As regards water – water in a glass or bottle that is clearly intended as a beverage is acceptable. Water out of a garden hose or kitchen tap or a waterfall or a pond (etc.) is not, unless actually being consumed in the photo)
Individual themes may have descriptions that entitle broader range definitions with the idea of the theme of food in mind, for instance a "breakfast" theme may include cereal, pancakes, doughnuts, coffee, orange juice, fruit, omelets, etc. Broad range definitions are intended to allow more images to be inclusive and are at the discretion of the FPotD Staff.
Unless specifically stated otherwise in the "theme" for the day:
a. Images are to be of real, edible food, for instance not plastic, wax or toy/fake food.
b. Only minor, post work of original images are acceptable – such as exposure adjustments, burning, dodging, color correction, cropping, toning and textures. Stitched or layered images that combine or overlay images are NOT acceptable. This contest is for the merits of photograph composition and subject rather than digital manipulation of the composition or subject.
Please PM me with any questions, concerns, suggestions or theme ideas. Let's have fun!
Winner's badges can be displayed on your profile page if you are a winner of this contest!