login info join!
Forums > Off-Topic Discussion > SF2: Ess Effin Two > Super sad moving to California Search   Reply
12last
Model
Magic Forests
Posts: 528
Pleasant Hill, California, US


There are like no dance studios that match the calibre of those in NYC. sad

I'm leaving behind my fantastic pole instructor to live in the Bay Area. What are some nice things about the West Coast that I can look forward to?

1. Fast food heaven: Sonic, Jack in the Box, In-N-Out... I've never been to any of these places!
2. Walmart?
3. SFO has a yoga room
4. Lots of sex people live in San Francisco
Jun 24 13 11:38 pm  Link  Quote 
Artist/Painter
3068875
Posts: 749
Los Angeles, California, US


Your rent will probably go farther.

Wait. Are you going to Northern California? Maybe not, then.
Jun 24 13 11:53 pm  Link  Quote 
Model
Magic Forests
Posts: 528
Pleasant Hill, California, US


de0rbit wrote:
Your rent will probably go farther.

Wait. Are you going to Northern California? Maybe not, then.

Aww sad
I'm moving in with a boy so my money isn't moving much in either direction I think.

I'm totally using this opportunity to learn how to drive so I can visit Disneyland.

Jun 25 13 12:03 am  Link  Quote 
Photographer
California Girls Skate
Posts: 338
Los Angeles, California, US


Magic Forests wrote:
I'm leaving behind my fantastic pole instructor to live in the Bay Area.

I'm totally using this opportunity to learn how to drive so I can visit Disneyland.

Disneyland is about 400 miles from the Bay Area. That's about a 6 hour drive without traffic.

Jun 25 13 12:10 am  Link  Quote 
Model
Koryn
Posts: 34,640
Boston, Massachusetts, US


Everything. The East Coast sucks so hard compared to the West Coast.
Jun 25 13 05:44 am  Link  Quote 
Model
Anastacia Nikolaeva
Posts: 95
Brooklyn, New York, US


I still sometimes regret moving to NYC instead of SF. I love the Bay area. I love the progressive culture, the yoga scene, the ocean, mountains, the redwoods. I'm sure you'll be able to find a new dance scene. Might not be the same, but that doesn't mean that you won't like it. There are tons of super creative folk out there, too!
Jun 25 13 06:37 am  Link  Quote 
Model
Koryn
Posts: 34,640
Boston, Massachusetts, US


Anastacia Nikolaeva wrote:
I still sometimes regret moving to NYC instead of SF. I love the Bay area. I love the progressive culture, the yoga scene, the ocean, mountains, the redwoods. I'm sure you'll be able to find a new dance scene. Might not be the same, but that doesn't mean that you won't like it. There are tons of super creative folk out there, too!

I agree. It's way better in every way.

I want off the east coast so much it's not even funny. After you've built a life somewhere though, it's easier said than done.

Jun 25 13 07:59 am  Link  Quote 
Photographer
Chris Rifkin
Posts: 24,145
Tampa, Florida, US


Magic Forests wrote:
There are like no dance studios that match the calibre of those in NYC. sad

I'm leaving behind my fantastic pole instructor to live in the Bay Area. What are some nice things about the West Coast that I can look forward to?

1. Fast food heaven: Sonic, Jack in the Box, In-N-Out... I've never been to any of these places!
2. Walmart?
3. SFO has a yoga room
4. Lots of sex people live in San Francisco

Cost of living will be about the same unfortunately
Much better sushi
A more consistant climate,you won't have to deal with suffocating heat like Ny or any stupidly cold days and do snow..pretty much the same climate year round

Jun 25 13 08:08 am  Link  Quote 
Model
Anastacia Nikolaeva
Posts: 95
Brooklyn, New York, US


Koryn Locke wrote:

I agree. It's way better in every way.

I want off the east coast so much it's not even funny. After you've built a life somewhere though, it's easier said than done.

I love New York. If I were to leave it, it wouldn't be to stay in the US. But sometimes I do pine for the Bay area. It just has a different feel to it. I miss it.

Unfortunately, SF is much farther from Europe. A huge advantage to the East Coast for me is the relative ease of getting to Germany where my family lives.

Jun 25 13 08:19 am  Link  Quote 
Model
Magic Forests
Posts: 528
Pleasant Hill, California, US


I'm totally looking forward to planting fruit trees! I've never had a backyard before or lived in a proper house. That means I'll have room for a pet too!!
Jun 25 13 10:55 am  Link  Quote 
Photographer
Damon Banner
Posts: 85,066
Hayward, California, US


Magic Forests wrote:
There are like no dance studios that match the calibre of those in NYC. sad

I'm leaving behind my fantastic pole instructor to live in the Bay Area. What are some nice things about the West Coast that I can look forward to?

1. Fast food heaven: Sonic, Jack in the Box, In-N-Out... I've never been to any of these places!
2. Walmart?
3. SFO has a yoga room
4. Lots of sex people live in San Francisco

oh please.

Jun 25 13 11:11 am  Link  Quote 
Photographer
Damon Banner
Posts: 85,066
Hayward, California, US


foodie haven. 
arts culture
a beach you can actually swim in/on
no snow.
a little more progressive
Jun 25 13 11:12 am  Link  Quote 
Model
Anastacia Nikolaeva
Posts: 95
Brooklyn, New York, US


Damon Banner wrote:
a beach you can actually swim in/on

To be fair, NYC has some great beaches.

Jun 25 13 11:16 am  Link  Quote 
Photographer
Damon Banner
Posts: 85,066
Hayward, California, US


Anastacia Nikolaeva wrote:

To be fair, NYC has some great beaches.

I've been to your alleged beaches!

Jun 25 13 11:17 am  Link  Quote 
Model
Anastacia Nikolaeva
Posts: 95
Brooklyn, New York, US


Damon Banner wrote:

I've been to your alleged beaches!

I bet they were the wrong beaches! Though, Sandy did ruin my favorite hipster beach.

Jun 25 13 01:00 pm  Link  Quote 
Model
Magic Forests
Posts: 528
Pleasant Hill, California, US


Anastacia Nikolaeva wrote:
To be fair, NYC has some great beaches.

Which beaches are you referring to? yikes

Damon Banner wrote:
foodie haven. 
arts culture
a beach you can actually swim in/on
no snow.
a little more progressive

I don't see how no snow is a good thing. sad
It's the best thing to walk along the shop windows to see all the pretty things while there's snow falling and everything is beautiful and perfect except the frozen toes and red noses.

Jun 25 13 04:35 pm  Link  Quote 
Model
Anastacia Nikolaeva
Posts: 95
Brooklyn, New York, US


Magic Forests wrote:

Anastacia Nikolaeva wrote:
To be fair, NYC has some great beaches.

Which beaches are you referring to? yikes

I really liked Fort Tilden last summer. Younger crowd, no kids. Female toplessness. It was a pretty neat beach. But the hurricane wiped out a lot of the dunes and part of the beach is closed now. No toplessness sad

Magic Forests wrote:
I don't see how no snow is a good thing. sad

It's the best thing to walk along the shop windows to see all the pretty things while there's snow falling and everything is beautiful and perfect except the frozen toes and red noses.

The great thing about SF is that you don't have to travel very far north to get snow, and not too far south to get sun.

Jun 25 13 04:41 pm  Link  Quote 
Model
Magic Forests
Posts: 528
Pleasant Hill, California, US


Anastacia Nikolaeva wrote:
I really liked Fort Tilden last summer. Younger crowd, no kids. Female toplessness. It was a pretty neat beach. But the hurricane wiped out a lot of the dunes and part of the beach is closed now. No toplessness sad

I've never been there! Is it far?

You could always take your top off. yikes

Jun 25 13 04:51 pm  Link  Quote 
Photographer
Damon Banner
Posts: 85,066
Hayward, California, US


Magic Forests wrote:

Which beaches are you referring to? yikes


I don't see how no snow is a good thing. sad
It's the best thing to walk along the shop windows to see all the pretty things while there's snow falling and everything is beautiful and perfect except the frozen toes and red noses.

snow is fucking cold!

if having like a snot shell crusting over your nostril so you can't breath, is your thing, you probably won't like living out here.  But if you are sane....

Jun 25 13 05:16 pm  Link  Quote 
Model
Magic Forests
Posts: 528
Pleasant Hill, California, US


Damon Banner wrote:
snow is fucking cold!

if having like a snot shell crusting over your nostril so you can't breath, is your thing, you probably won't like living out here.  But if you are sane....

I liked the coke thing better.

Jun 25 13 05:18 pm  Link  Quote 
Photographer
scrymettet
Posts: 31,348
Quebec, Quebec, Canada


Magic Forests wrote:

I liked the coke thing better.

THE other white powder ?

Jun 25 13 05:25 pm  Link  Quote 
Model
Magic Forests
Posts: 528
Pleasant Hill, California, US


scrymettet wrote:
THE other white powder ?

http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRZFlPSPySzjcHp6jaV-ZvY-5MJVhIMzyTEi5X0T0UGJgZN5mT-

Jun 25 13 11:02 pm  Link  Quote 
Model
Anastacia Nikolaeva
Posts: 95
Brooklyn, New York, US


Magic Forests wrote:

I've never been there! Is it far?

You could always take your top off. yikes

It's the lack of topless unity...

Tilden is on the west side of Rockaway. If you don't drive, you have to take the 2/5 train all the way south, then take the q35 bus.

Jun 26 13 04:37 am  Link  Quote 
Photographer
Paolo Diavolo
Posts: 7,852
Pleasant Hill, California, US


Magic Forests wrote:

http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRZFlPSPySzjcHp6jaV-ZvY-5MJVhIMzyTEi5X0T0UGJgZN5mT-

Lol!

Jun 26 13 07:10 am  Link  Quote 
Makeup Artist
sweetcheekscouture
Posts: 364
West Palm Beach, Florida, US


Damon Banner wrote:

snow is fucking cold!

if having like a snot shell crusting over your nostril so you can't breath, is your thing, you probably won't like living out here.  But if you are sane....

You can drive to snow in CA

Especially in Northern Ca. I lived in Ventura county and had to call my ex once because I got snowed in on Frazier Mountain. It was about 2 hours away.

He didn't believe me.

Jun 26 13 07:27 pm  Link  Quote 
guide forum
Photographer
-JAY-
Posts: 5,833
Las Vegas, Nevada, US


Vegas is 8 hours away.
Jun 26 13 09:36 pm  Link  Quote 
Model
Magic Forests
Posts: 528
Pleasant Hill, California, US


-JAY- wrote:
Vegas is 8 hours away.

Paolo said he'll take me to Vegas when I turn 21! Is it more fun when there's drinking involved?

PASS THE BABY BUNNIES AROUND

http://24.media.tumblr.com/d9a8f42fc41f56b6006bf1dab3327e2b/tumblr_mp1di1BQDr1qm5oypo1_250.gif

Jun 26 13 11:16 pm  Link  Quote 
Model
Erin Holmes
Posts: 6,281
Albuquerque, New Mexico, US


Magic Forests wrote:

Paolo said he'll take me to Vegas when I turn 21! Is it more fun when there's drinking involved?

PASS THE BABY BUNNIES AROUND

http://24.media.tumblr.com/d9a8f42fc41f56b6006bf1dab3327e2b/tumblr_mp1di1BQDr1qm5oypo1_250.gif

It's more fun if you have a lot of money to blow on...everything.

Jun 27 13 09:01 am  Link  Quote 
Photographer
Lumatic
Posts: 13,591
Chicago, Illinois, US


Erin Holmes wrote:
It's more fun if you have a lot of money to blow on...everything.

heh... trudat.

Jun 27 13 09:46 am  Link  Quote 
Model
Erin Holmes
Posts: 6,281
Albuquerque, New Mexico, US


Lumatic wrote:

heh... trudat.

my hubby and I got broke just going to the grocery store hmm not even close to being able to afford dinner anywhere on or near the strip

Jun 27 13 10:04 am  Link  Quote 
Photographer
Lumatic
Posts: 13,591
Chicago, Illinois, US


Erin Holmes wrote:
my hubby and I got broke just going to the grocery store hmm not even close to being able to afford dinner anywhere on or near the strip

Yep.  I went once with a girl I was seeing at a time when I wasn't very liquid.  I don't care for Vegas but she wanted to go, and go in style.  The Venetian, ffs.  I wound up having to pay her back the money she fronted for my expenses on her credit card after the trip.  I wasn't going to not repay her so I insisted, of course, but it was embarrassing.

I wound up making the last few payments after we broke up.  hmm

Jun 27 13 10:37 am  Link  Quote 
Model
Magic Forests
Posts: 528
Pleasant Hill, California, US


Lumatic wrote:
Yep.  I went once with a girl I was seeing at a time when I wasn't very liquid.  I don't care for Vegas but she wanted to go, and go in style.  The Venetian, ffs.  I wound up having to pay her back the money she fronted for my expenses on her credit card after the trip.  I wasn't going to not repay her so I insisted, of course, but it was embarrassing.

I wound up making the last few payments after we broke up.  hmm

Ouch! Was it really that expensive?

I don't really know what I'd do in Vegas except see Cirque du Soleil and go to the Pole Expo. I'm not much of a gambler. sad

Jun 27 13 12:31 pm  Link  Quote 
Photographer
Damon Banner
Posts: 85,066
Hayward, California, US


Magic Forests wrote:
Ouch! Was it really that expensive?

I don't really know what I'd do in Vegas except see Cirque du Soleil and go to the Pole Expo. I'm not much of a gambler. sad

I don't think it's that expensive.  There are some things that might be pricy (like seeing shows and going to restaurarants owned by famous people), but over all, it isn't that expensive.

just buy your liquor off the strip.

Jun 27 13 12:34 pm  Link  Quote 
Photographer
Lumatic
Posts: 13,591
Chicago, Illinois, US


Damon Banner wrote:

I don't think it's that expensive.  There are some things that might be pricy (like seeing shows and going to restaurarants owned by famous people), but over all, it isn't that expensive.

just buy your liquor off the strip.

Yeah, not really that expensive.  A couple of hundred, but that was more than I had at the time.  So expensive for me, and therefore not as much fun as it might have been.

Jun 27 13 01:07 pm  Link  Quote 
Model
Erin Holmes
Posts: 6,281
Albuquerque, New Mexico, US


Lumatic wrote:

Yeah, not really that expensive.  A couple of hundred, but that was more than I had at the time.  So expensive for me, and therefore not as much fun as it might have been.

Definitely expensive for an e4's salary lol

Jun 27 13 01:44 pm  Link  Quote 
Photographer
Lumatic
Posts: 13,591
Chicago, Illinois, US


Erin Holmes wrote:

Definitely expensive for an e4's salary lol

I guess ya gotta be an officer to gamble in Babylon.  wink

Jun 27 13 02:07 pm  Link  Quote 
Model
P I X I E
Posts: 35,071
Toronto, Ontario, Canada


If I was to move to the US, California would be my #1 choice.
Jun 30 13 09:36 am  Link  Quote 
Photographer
Paolo Diavolo
Posts: 7,852
Pleasant Hill, California, US


P I X I E wrote:
If I was to move to the US, California would be my #1 choice.

My house is the #1 destination for MM members coming to Cali.

Jun 30 13 06:25 pm  Link  Quote 
Model
P I X I E
Posts: 35,071
Toronto, Ontario, Canada


Paolo Diavolo wrote:

My house is the #1 destination for MM members coming to Cali.

tongue

Jun 30 13 06:30 pm  Link  Quote 
Model
Magic Forests
Posts: 528
Pleasant Hill, California, US


Paolo Diavolo wrote:
My house is the #1 destination for MM members coming to Cali.

They just haven't met me yet.

Oh snap!

Jul 01 13 12:29 am  Link  Quote 
12last   Search   Reply



main | browse | casting/travel | forums | shout box | help | advertising | contests | share | join the mayhem

more modelmayhem on: | | | edu

©2006-2014 ModelMayhem.com. All Rights Reserved.
MODEL MAYHEM is a registered trademark.
Toggle Worksafe Mode: Off | On
Terms | Privacy | Careers