login info join!
Forums > Critique > I will choose your best and worst photo.... Search   Reply
12last
Model
C A T H Y
Posts: 5,464
Anaheim, California, US


If you choose mine first! Write a comment explaining why its the best/worst photo as well and I will do the same...

LET'S GO! wink
Jul 09 13 09:43 pm  Link  Quote 
Model
C A T H Y
Posts: 5,464
Anaheim, California, US


anyone..?
Jul 09 13 09:54 pm  Link  Quote 
Model
K I C K H A M
Posts: 14,632
Los Angeles, California, US


Best-
Light, girly, fun! And very pretty. You rocked the expression
http://photos.modelmayhem.com/photos/110428/21/4dba44e3241c8_m.jpg
and
Your sexiest shot as of now. Really nice mood
http://photos.modelmayhem.com/photos/130129/16/5108703c27c14_m.jpg

Worst:
I have to go with the avi. The eyes just aren't there. sad
Jul 09 13 09:59 pm  Link  Quote 
Model
Jhomel
Posts: 180
Singapore, Singapore, Singapore


Worst

http://www.modelmayhem.com/portfolio/pic/33193417 ( your avatar)

Your expression is bit of awkward with your head tilted bit too much. Your eyes seems "empty" or tired. Sorry, just an amateur thoughts.

Best

http://www.modelmayhem.com/portfolio/pic/32428188

You look hot and sexy! I love your expression and pose.. This picture gives a very nice commercial fashion shoot of you. wink
Jul 09 13 10:09 pm  Link  Quote 
Model
C A T H Y
Posts: 5,464
Anaheim, California, US


K I C K H A M wrote:
Best-
Light, girly, fun! And very pretty. You rocked the expression
http://photos.modelmayhem.com/photos/110428/21/4dba44e3241c8_m.jpg
and
Your sexiest shot as of now. Really nice mood
http://photos.modelmayhem.com/photos/130129/16/5108703c27c14_m.jpg

Worst:
I have to go with the avi. The eyes just aren't there. sad

Thanks.

Best:

http://photos.modelmayhem.com/photos/120402/11/4f79ed6ccba0c_m.jpg
I absolutely love this pic of you! Great location and your eyes look amazing...

Worst:
http://photos.modelmayhem.com/photos/130709/21/51dce4d274cef_m.jpg
I think you have better work than this one...

Jul 09 13 10:11 pm  Link  Quote 
Model
C A T H Y
Posts: 5,464
Anaheim, California, US


Jhomel wrote:
Worst

http://www.modelmayhem.com/portfolio/pic/33193417 ( your avatar)

Your expression is bit of awkward with your head tilted bit too much. Your eyes seems "empty" or tired. Sorry, just an amateur thoughts.

Best

http://www.modelmayhem.com/portfolio/pic/32428188

You look hot and sexy! I love your expression and pose.. This picture gives a very nice commercial fashion shoot of you. wink

Thanks.

Best:
Your avatar. It's a pretty cool shot..Great expression.

http://photos.modelmayhem.com/photos/130601/07/51aa01b2777d7_m.jpg

Worst:
http://photos.modelmayhem.com/photos/130325/04/5150387689b2d_m.jpg
Poor quality photo..Expression is off.

Jul 09 13 10:17 pm  Link  Quote 
Model
K I C K H A M
Posts: 14,632
Los Angeles, California, US


C A T H Y     wrote:

Thanks.

Best:

http://photos.modelmayhem.com/photos/120402/11/4f79ed6ccba0c_m.jpg
I absolutely love this pic of you! Great location and your eyes look amazing...

Worst:
http://photos.modelmayhem.com/photos/130709/21/51dce4d274cef_m.jpg
I think you have better work than this one...

Thank you, dollface! big_smile

Jul 09 13 10:19 pm  Link  Quote 
Model
C A T H Y
Posts: 5,464
Anaheim, California, US


K I C K H A M wrote:

Thank you, dollface! big_smile

No problem smile

Jul 09 13 10:21 pm  Link  Quote 
Model
winking_wonder
Posts: 5,583
New York, New York, US


Best:
http://photos.modelmayhem.com/photos/130424/12/517836306187b_m.jpg
lovely lighting, colors, styling, outfit and poses. Especially the bottom 2

Worst:
http://photos.modelmayhem.com/photos/130707/17/51da0ce25ca12_m.jpg
I love the dress, but expression is not great and neither is the pose
Jul 09 13 10:54 pm  Link  Quote 
Photographer
Aaron Lewis Photography
Posts: 5,083
Catskill, New York, US


You have a port full of collages. I do not wish to be judged by someone who thinks that collages are OK

You have some nice images mixed in there, don't mud them up with the weak ones.
Jul 10 13 03:40 am  Link  Quote 
Photographer
Surreal Focus
Posts: 203
Montreal, Quebec, Canada


Your best - because the poses seem more natural and real (many of your others unfortunately have essentially the same hand pose),  your face looks incredible in these, the light is flattering, the pose also does not negatively portray your body proportions.

http://photos.modelmayhem.com/photos/110403/01/4d9834e31bef4_m.jpg

Your worst - because you have the same hand pose that is so common in your port, as a beauty image it lacks sufficient post-production quality, your hair (even though it looks like there was some attempt in post to correct) looks somewhat untidy for what would presumably be a clean head shot.  If this was meant to sell the jewelry you are hiding much of it with your hair like that.  And while the tilt of your head can work as a head pose I think you have taken it too far in this particular image.

http://photos.modelmayhem.com/photos/130708/17/51db5bad3fb51_m.jpg

I had a look at your website.  You seem to have other work posted on there that is MUCH more useful for portraying your modelling skills.  Time to update your port here smile
Jul 10 13 05:35 am  Link  Quote 
Model
Bridgette S
Posts: 140
New York, New York, US


Do me smile
Jul 10 13 05:36 am  Link  Quote 
Photographer
Birch Imaging
Posts: 90
Rochester, New York, US


Choose mine please
Jul 10 13 05:38 am  Link  Quote 
Photographer
DRaskin Photography
Posts: 164
Sacramento, California, US


I'm not usually a fan of collage photos, but I really like this one. I think the colors work realy well, your pose is really good in both, and it feels like it tells a story.

http://photos.modelmayhem.com/photos/110403/01/4d9834e31bef4_m.jpg


I know others like it, so I may be in the minority, but this shot doesn't do anything for me. I like the black and white, but I think the lighting looks like it was off. The eyes are dark, and the lighting is making your lips look slightly off, giving them the appearance of being heavier on one side.

http://photos.modelmayhem.com/photos/111107/09/4eb81b41350f8_m.jpg

Just my opinions of course.

Don
Jul 10 13 08:30 am  Link  Quote 
Model
C A T H Y
Posts: 5,464
Anaheim, California, US


winking_wonder wrote:
Best:
http://photos.modelmayhem.com/photos/130424/12/517836306187b_m.jpg
lovely lighting, colors, styling, outfit and poses. Especially the bottom 2

Worst:
http://photos.modelmayhem.com/photos/130707/17/51da0ce25ca12_m.jpg
I love the dress, but expression is not great and neither is the pose

Thanks.

Best:
http://photos.modelmayhem.com/photos/130101/01/50e2b31491612_m.jpg
I love your expression in this pic.

Worst:
I don't like most of your pics..
But, I think these two are the worst ones..
http://photos.modelmayhem.com/photos/130523/17/519ebb0808877_m.jpg
The quality is really bad and looks like a snapshot. Your smile looks fake.

http://photos.modelmayhem.com/photos/110426/16/4db74e738d2e6_m.jpg
The lighting in this picture is WAY too bright and looks blown out, making you look like you don't have any legs. Just not a flattering photo at all.

I would suggest you to trim down your portfolio to a few photos and start shooting with better photographers.

Jul 10 13 06:23 pm  Link  Quote 
Model
C A T H Y
Posts: 5,464
Anaheim, California, US


Aaron Lewis Photography wrote:
You have a port full of collages. I do not wish to be judged by someone who thinks that collages are OK

You have some nice images mixed in there, don't mud them up with the weak ones.

Okay, then why did you post on my thread?

Jul 10 13 06:25 pm  Link  Quote 
Model
C A T H Y
Posts: 5,464
Anaheim, California, US


Surreal Focus wrote:
Your best - because the poses seem more natural and real (many of your others unfortunately have essentially the same hand pose),  your face looks incredible in these, the light is flattering, the pose also does not negatively portray your body proportions.

http://photos.modelmayhem.com/photos/110403/01/4d9834e31bef4_m.jpg

Your worst - because you have the same hand pose that is so common in your port, as a beauty image it lacks sufficient post-production quality, your hair (even though it looks like there was some attempt in post to correct) looks somewhat untidy for what would presumably be a clean head shot.  If this was meant to sell the jewelry you are hiding much of it with your hair like that.  And while the tilt of your head can work as a head pose I think you have taken it too far in this particular image.

http://photos.modelmayhem.com/photos/130708/17/51db5bad3fb51_m.jpg

I had a look at your website.  You seem to have other work posted on there that is MUCH more useful for portraying your modelling skills.  Time to update your port here smile

Wow very helpful critique! Thank you!! big_smile

BEST:
Your Avi.
http://photos.modelmayhem.com/photos/130203/14/510eea489cc8b_m.jpg
I absolutely love this picture! Great fashion pic..The concept is very creative as well!

WORST:
http://photos.modelmayhem.com/photos/100412/08/4bc33c01d268b_m.jpg
The lighting is a bit too harsh on the left side. The outfit don't really match and the skirt is unflattering...Her face is too orange...

Jul 10 13 06:30 pm  Link  Quote 
Model
C A T H Y
Posts: 5,464
Anaheim, California, US


Bridgette S wrote:
Do me smile

Read the OP. Please choose a best and worst photo from my portfolio and then I will do the same for yours.

Jul 10 13 06:31 pm  Link  Quote 
Model
C A T H Y
Posts: 5,464
Anaheim, California, US


Birch Imaging wrote:
Choose mine please

Please read the OP...

Jul 10 13 06:31 pm  Link  Quote 
Model
winking_wonder
Posts: 5,583
New York, New York, US


C A T H Y     wrote:

Thanks.

Best:
http://photos.modelmayhem.com/photos/130101/01/50e2b31491612_m.jpg
I love your expression in this pic.

Worst:
I don't like most of your pics..
But, I think these two are the worst ones..
http://photos.modelmayhem.com/photos/130523/17/519ebb0808877_m.jpg
The quality is really bad and looks like a snapshot. Your smile looks fake.

http://photos.modelmayhem.com/photos/110426/16/4db74e738d2e6_m.jpg
The lighting in this picture is WAY too bright and looks blown out, making you look like you don't have any legs. Just not a flattering photo at all.

I would suggest you to trim down your portfolio to a few photos and start shooting with better photographers.

Wow

Jul 10 13 06:49 pm  Link  Quote 
Photographer
Birch Imaging
Posts: 90
Rochester, New York, US


choose mine
Jul 10 13 06:54 pm  Link  Quote 
Photographer
Ashley Holloway
Posts: 563
Lutz, Florida, US


http://photos.modelmayhem.com/photos/130707/17/51da0ce25ca12_m.jpg  Dress is cute, but you look awkward and the light isn't very flattering to your face.


http://photos.modelmayhem.com/photos/110403/01/4d9834e31bef4_m.jpg These are really nice, especially the bottom one.  In both you've got a lot of expression on your face as well. The top one shortens your legs with the pose and camera direction.
Jul 10 13 06:58 pm  Link  Quote 
Photographer
Sarah Jane Photographie
Posts: 188
Saint Catharines-Niagara, Ontario, Canada


Best:
Nice poses, light and clothing/makeup.
http://photos.modelmayhem.com/photos/130424/12/517836306187b_m.jpghttp://photos.modelmayhem.com/photos/110403/01/4d9834e31bef4_m.jpg

Worst:
You almost look unsure about how to pose or what is going on during the shoot.
http://photos.modelmayhem.com/photos/130707/17/51da0ce25ca12_m.jpg
Jul 10 13 07:04 pm  Link  Quote 
Model
C A T H Y
Posts: 5,464
Anaheim, California, US


Ashley Holloway wrote:
http://photos.modelmayhem.com/photos/130707/17/51da0ce25ca12_m.jpg  Dress is cute, but you look awkward and the light isn't very flattering to your face.


http://photos.modelmayhem.com/photos/110403/01/4d9834e31bef4_m.jpg These are really nice, especially the bottom one.  In both you've got a lot of expression on your face as well. The top one shortens your legs with the pose and camera direction.

Thank you!!

Your work is stunning and reminds me of Emily Soto's work. http://www.modelmayhem.com/1871004

I like a lot of your photos but this one is the best photo

http://photos.modelmayhem.com/photos/130623/14/51c76b6d03f80_m.jpg

Her expression is amazing and you captured her perfectly! smile

Worst:
None. I love all of your work!!

Jul 10 13 07:26 pm  Link  Quote 
Model
C A T H Y
Posts: 5,464
Anaheim, California, US


Sarah Jane Photographie wrote:
Best:
Nice poses, light and clothing/makeup.
http://photos.modelmayhem.com/photos/130424/12/517836306187b_m.jpghttp://photos.modelmayhem.com/photos/110403/01/4d9834e31bef4_m.jpg

Worst:
You almost look unsure about how to pose or what is going on during the shoot.
http://photos.modelmayhem.com/photos/130707/17/51da0ce25ca12_m.jpg

Thanks!

Best:
http://photos.modelmayhem.com/photos/130619/00/51c15a2f9bf27_m.jpg
This is beautiful!! Great location and gorgeous model!

Worst:
http://photos.modelmayhem.com/photos/130617/12/51bf5cf158946_m.jpg
The lighting is way too harsh and the colors look a bit weird...

Jul 10 13 07:29 pm  Link  Quote 
Photographer
Sarah Jane Photographie
Posts: 188
Saint Catharines-Niagara, Ontario, Canada


C A T H Y     wrote:
Thanks!

Best:
http://photos.modelmayhem.com/photos/130619/00/51c15a2f9bf27_m.jpg
This is beautiful!! Great location and gorgeous model!

Worst:
http://photos.modelmayhem.com/photos/130617/12/51bf5cf158946_m.jpg
The lighting is way too harsh and the colors look a bit weird...

I appreciate your comments. Thank you.

Jul 10 13 07:43 pm  Link  Quote 
Photographer
DRaskin Photography
Posts: 164
Sacramento, California, US


skipped perhaps?
(I followed the rules)
Jul 10 13 07:52 pm  Link  Quote 
Model
C A T H Y
Posts: 5,464
Anaheim, California, US


DRaskin Photography wrote:
skipped perhaps?
(I followed the rules)

Omg I'm so sorry!!

Best:
http://photos.modelmayhem.com/photos/130423/08/5176ae99cad54_m.jpg

Great concept. I love the pose and her expression is on-point.

Worst:
http://photos.modelmayhem.com/photos/130626/08/51cb0f512e8f7_m.jpg

The lighting is a bit off..Image looks a little dark. Her expression isn't strong.

Jul 10 13 07:56 pm  Link  Quote 
Model
C A T H Y
Posts: 5,464
Anaheim, California, US


Sarah Jane Photographie wrote:

I appreciate your comments. Thank you.

No problem smile

Jul 10 13 07:59 pm  Link  Quote 
Photographer
Aaron Lewis Photography
Posts: 5,083
Catskill, New York, US


C A T H Y     wrote:
Okay, then why did you post on my thread?

To provide feedback to you on how the general industry views collages.

Collages are generally thought if as a handful of really weak images that you put together in some logical order in hopes that they become stronger when melded together.

Sometimes collages help tell a story better than a single image could BUT more often than not, they're done very poorly. Would you submit collages to an agency? Do you think they would accept them?

Your port looks a 1000% better now and a lot less cluttered

Jul 11 13 03:53 am  Link  Quote 
Photographer
Surreal Focus
Posts: 203
Montreal, Quebec, Canada


C A T H Y     wrote:

Wow very helpful critique! Thank you!! big_smile

BEST:
Your Avi.
http://photos.modelmayhem.com/photos/130203/14/510eea489cc8b_m.jpg
I absolutely love this picture! Great fashion pic..The concept is very creative as well!

WORST:
http://photos.modelmayhem.com/photos/100412/08/4bc33c01d268b_m.jpg
The lighting is a bit too harsh on the left side. The outfit don't really match and the skirt is unflattering...Her face is too orange...

Happy to help.  Thanks for your thoughts as well.  Oh, and I like your new avi - much better than the previous one.

Jul 11 13 05:43 am  Link  Quote 
Model
C A T H Y
Posts: 5,464
Anaheim, California, US


Surreal Focus wrote:

Happy to help.  Thanks for your thoughts as well.  Oh, and I like your new avi - much better than the previous one.

Thanks! big_smile

Jul 11 13 07:20 am  Link  Quote 
Model
C A T H Y
Posts: 5,464
Anaheim, California, US


Aaron Lewis Photography wrote:

To provide feedback to you on how the general industry views collages.

Collages are generally thought if as a handful of really weak images that you put together in some logical order in hopes that they become stronger when melded together.

Sometimes collages help tell a story better than a single image could BUT more often than not, they're done very poorly. Would you submit collages to an agency? Do you think they would accept them?

Your port looks a 1000% better now and a lot less cluttered

True. But, I'm not an agency model or agency-material. This is all just a hobby for me..While I do take it seriously, I don't consider it my career.

Jul 11 13 07:51 am  Link  Quote 
Photographer
MidTNPhotographer
Posts: 68
Murfreesboro, Tennessee, US


Let me preface this by saying that I like all the shots in your portfolio.  You are a beautiful model with a good portfolio.  Your best, to me, is #11 (the last one in your port).  I love the mood and tone of the shots.  You have a good pose and I really like that daydreaming glance to the side.  I think the worst is #5.  The pose just looks a little awkward to me.  But, again, I think you have a really good portfolio.
Jul 11 13 08:30 am  Link  Quote 
Photographer
Plastow Photography
Posts: 212
Banbury, England, United Kingdom


Are you still doing this?  If so me me me me
Jul 11 13 08:31 am  Link  Quote 
Photographer
Keith Aleksoff
Posts: 46
Anchorage, Alaska, US


Please do
Jul 11 13 07:48 pm  Link  Quote 
Model
C A T H Y
Posts: 5,464
Anaheim, California, US


Plastow Photography wrote:
Are you still doing this?  If so me me me me

Please read the OP.

Jul 11 13 07:58 pm  Link  Quote 
Model
C A T H Y
Posts: 5,464
Anaheim, California, US


Keith Aleksoff  wrote:
Please do

Please read the OP...

Jul 11 13 07:58 pm  Link  Quote 
Model
Raven Blake
Posts: 58
Calgary, Alberta, Canada


Here is yours:

http://photos.modelmayhem.com/photos/130710/18/51de0b70f0dee_m.jpg

It does not add anything to your portfolio. You are looking down and your eyes are covered by the eye lashes.

Your best:

http://photos.modelmayhem.com/photos/130129/16/5108703c27c14_m.jpg

You look stunning and gorgeous in this one. It shows off your body, hair and eyes.

Would love to hear back from you smile
Jul 12 13 10:40 am  Link  Quote 
Photographer
Brosius Photographics
Posts: 1,491
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, US


Worst because I can't see your face. Faceless photos are ok but the rest of your body needs to compensate for it. It might work well for a makeup artist but I don't see it benefitting a model's portfolio

http://photos.modelmayhem.com/photos/130710/18/51de0b70f0dee_m.jpg

Best because it shows your face. It shows emotion. The lighting is nice. It isn't over processed and the wardrobe isn't distracting.

http://photos.modelmayhem.com/photos/130424/21/5178ac9754038_m.jpg
Jul 12 13 11:25 am  Link  Quote 
12last   Search   Reply