login info join!
Forums > Model Colloquy > Is this so wrong? Search   Reply
first123last
guide forum
Model
Anna Adrielle
Posts: 18,762
Antwerp, Antwerp, Belgium


LizTess wrote:

You're right. Now the question of whether or not there is a way to prevent this from happening again exists. Do I just not be friendly? Or did I just get a "lemon" photographer and this has nothing to do with me?

it's not you, it's him. It's good that you're friendly, but I'm a bit concerned how far you're willing to go to get your pictures.
This is a guy who is clearly a douche, very unprofessional, butthurt, treats you badly, makes semi-threats to you... and you're still bending yourself backwards just to get pictures or to shoot with him. It's not worth it.
I've dealt with photographers like that, and I made the same mistakes you made, but don't give them the satisfaction. Really, they enjoy it when the model acts like this...
Don't send him any more messages, not even a "final goodbye, I'm giving up" message. Just block him and delete him.
It's good that you're a nice person, but now also learn to stand your ground a bit more smile

Good luck!

Jul 11 13 11:38 pm  Link  Quote 
Photographer
Charlie-CNP
Posts: 2,619
New York, New York, US


OP: no offense, but you appear to be rather new to shooting in general. Not every photographer is going to try to date you. It sounds like whomever the photographer was was attempting to impress you by giving you "free photos" to get you to like him and want to date him when he finally got the nerve to ask you out. There is nothing wrong with mutual attraction between two individuals, but in your case when you shot him down, he should have not gone any further with the dating inquiry. His true colors also shined through when he said that he was going to charge you for any future shoots which is rather shallow of him to play that game to begin with.  Your best course of action is to simply disregard the flake and move on. There are tons of photographers out there that can shoot and are much more professional/up front about dealings. good luck
Jul 12 13 12:16 am  Link  Quote 
Photographer
Herman Surkis
Posts: 8,452
Victoria, British Columbia, Canada


LizTess wrote:
Now he's sending me messages saying I didn't give him images he could use so he does not want to work on them for me because they wouldn't benefit him. Of course, he should have told me that weeks ago. But regardless, I said if he is unhappy with the images I would be glad to go to him and shoot again hopefully so he could get the images he wants. He responded by saying he has plenty of other models to work with... And that he may or may not get me my images, depending on if he has time. He seems to be attempting to threaten me into going out with him. I'm really not sure what to make of this.

I was going to ask "how old are you are", and then I looked.

So what is happening is plain and simple coercion. You are being coerced into dating or whatever. Run, do NOT walk, away from anybody who tries this stuff. You are young, and this WILL happen more in your life. In all walks of your life.

And I don't know if others have stated this, but if he is on MM, then CAM him.

Jul 12 13 12:55 am  Link  Quote 
Photographer
Natural Means
Posts: 545
Sydney, New South Wales, Australia


Get revenge I say. :-)

And the best revenge is a life well lived - go out and shoot the best kick arse shots you can with a friendly professional normal balanced sane photographer.
Jul 12 13 01:05 am  Link  Quote 
Photographer
Faulty Focus
Posts: 696
Kamloops, British Columbia, Canada


PhotographybyT wrote:
What a jerkoff! And you shouldn't even consider working with him again (or anyone who behaves unprofessionally as he did).

I bet there are a good number of photographers in your area that can produce great photos with you.

This ^^^^^^

Write this one off and move on.

Jul 12 13 01:50 am  Link  Quote 
Photographer
Select Models
Posts: 35,619
Upland, California, US


Natural Means wrote:
Get revenge I say. :-)

And the best revenge is a life well lived - go out and shoot the best kick arse shots you can with a friendly professional normal balanced sane photographer.

True... then post a TAG on his page displaying an avatar that BLOWS AWAY anything he could've ever possibly shot... leaving the message 'have a nice day'... which is the politically correct equivilant of 'fuck off and die'... borat... lol

Jul 12 13 02:17 am  Link  Quote 
Photographer
Faulty Focus
Posts: 696
Kamloops, British Columbia, Canada


Select Models wrote:

True... then post a TAG on his page displaying an avatar that BLOWS AWAY anything he could've ever possibly shot... leaving the message 'have a nice day'... which is the politically correct equivilant of 'fuck off and die'... borat... lol

I like the way you think. smile

Jul 12 13 02:20 am  Link  Quote 
Photographer
D-Light
Posts: 571
Newcastle, Limerick, Ireland


LizTess wrote:
That's the thing, he didn't seem like a GWC! He does photography for a living and knew what he was doing. I just can't wrap my mind around how he was able to be so unprofessional??

Doing photography for a living doesn't guarantee that he will behave professionally. Maybe he does when he's with a customer but when he's doing a TFP, with a young model, his real personality comes out. 

Take the advice already given and walk away from it.

Jul 12 13 03:37 am  Link  Quote 
Photographer
Risen Phoenix Photo
Posts: 1,238
Minneapolis, Minnesota, US


NicoleNudes wrote:

Yup.

Pure and utter butthurt at it's best. He's just bitter that you don't want to go out with him.

Let it go, you'll never see images from that shoot.
Work on shooting with more professional and not childish people.

While the above is sound pragmatic advice, I think more should be done.


I think it is more than just being butt hurt (another great MM phrase?)
There is something controlling and sinister about this guy.

1. Look I guess it's ok for model and photographer to flirt a little on set

2. The tog ( yes this is derision) made his play and asked you out

3. He received his answer, rejected as he should have...

I will assume that so far so good. Though I believe he was acting unprofessionally . He had a responsibility to get you images that you can use.  And if he was a quality photographer he should have been able to get something that he could use also. However he knew he was working with an inexperienced model and that many times a model who is not experienced may not give him anything he can use in his portfolio.  But you worked with him so that you could get usable images for your portfolio. So I'm sure he did that.

I am sure he gave you no indication that the shoot was not going well when he was shooting with you. 

So there is something sinister in what he is doing, something manipulative.  He is not butt hurt. He is a predator , sexual harasser , and a total shit.  Yes I would say that to his face.

I know some on here will think it ok but there is never an excuse to hit on the model.  He was way out of line. 

I would not just walk away as some are suggesting because that lets these ass hats continue to be bad actors with other women.

I would tell him that if he cat edit them that, he at least pay you for the time he wasted, because he was not good enough to capture anything useable.

Or I would say that you want to meet with him ( bring a guy friend to the meeting) in a public venue to review the images so you could pick ten or so . Once you pick them off his computer hand him a jump drive and say here copy these for me.

Tell him you will have these edited by a professional retoucher.  Than walk out of the place.


You could take him to small claims court. Sue for the reasonable cost of the hours you spent on the shoot say 25 per hour x how many hours.

In small claims court it is not about the money it's about the principle. Even though this is a he said ,she said type of case your side of the story will get out, the fact he won't give you images will sound stupid and manipulative. He will lose this case I guarantee it.

It is you than who can professionally embarrass him as the un professional sexual predator he is.


Look I'm sick and tired of these assholes who press the shutter with their pricks and than think they can manipulate young girls in most instances to get what they want.  It's not professional and it is not ok.

I don't know what kind of shoot you did with this guy. But I'm sure he looked at your portfolio, while you don't have a strong book, I can even see that you have potential, and with the right photographers you will have an amazing portfolio.

Don't be discouraged and don't let him get away with it!

Jul 12 13 05:59 am  Link  Quote 
Photographer
Hugh Alison
Posts: 2,105
Aberystwyth, Wales, United Kingdom


LizTess wrote:
A few weeks ago, I did a TF shoot with a photographer. We were friendly with each other, but not flirtatious. Recently, he texted me asking me if I wanted to do an underwater shoot on a TF basis, and I said sure and asked how his summer is, etc. just being friendly. All of a sudden, he basically asked me if I was interested in dating him/doing stuff with him while we build my portfolio. Obviously, I said no. He then responded by saying I have to pay for any further shoots with him. I'm curious if I did something wrong or misleading by trying to be sort of friendly with him?

Ps, I still haven't gotten my pictures from my first shoot with him. Kind of frustrating. Has this happened to any other models?

Write it off to experience.
Nearly all the models I've shot with have become good friends.
He won't be the first or the last manipulative creep you meet.
Block him, and move on.

Next time you do a TF shoot, get a clear timetable for you to get your shots.
Personally, I think a week to get 6 good shots is reasonable for both.
I can usually get them out in 48 hours - otherwise I don't take on a TF shoot.
You don't need lots of shots from a shoot, just a few decent ones.

Jul 12 13 06:43 am  Link  Quote 
Photographer
GM Photography
Posts: 6,056
Olympia, Washington, US


Bad people come in all shapes and sizes and work in all professions.  Just because they have a profession doesn't make them "professional".

It sounds like you have handled yourself very well and did all the right things.  One other thing you might try in the future is to check references.  Talk to other models that have shot with the photographer before shooting with them.  That won't necessarily prevent all problems, but can help you spot these predators.
Jul 12 13 06:43 am  Link  Quote 
Photographer
Rob Photosby
Posts: 2,335
Brisbane, Queensland, Australia


LizTess wrote:
Now he's sending me messages saying I didn't give him images he could use so he does not want to work on them for me because they wouldn't benefit him. Of course, he should have told me that weeks ago. But regardless, I said if he is unhappy with the images I would be glad to go to him and shoot again hopefully so he could get the images he wants. He responded by saying he has plenty of other models to work with... And that he may or may not get me my images, depending on if he has time. He seems to be attempting to threaten me into going out with him. I'm really not sure what to make of this.

He is a jerk. 

Even if you were friendly to the point of flirtation (and I am not saying you were), he has agreed to provide you with a number of photos and his word should be his bond. Anything less is unprofessional.

It does not matter if the photographer feels that the images are of no benefit to him.  That outcome happens from time to time, but it does nothing to alter his obligations from his side of the bargain.

Jul 12 13 06:56 am  Link  Quote 
Photographer
WIP
Posts: 15,376
Cheltenham, England, United Kingdom


LizTess wrote:
He then responded by saying I have to pay for any further shoots with him.

Not nice.

I've a feeling he only shot you to get into your panties.

Jul 12 13 06:58 am  Link  Quote 
Photographer
Erik Ballew
Posts: 714
Westminster, Colorado, US


LizTess wrote:

You're right. Now the question of whether or not there is a way to prevent this from happening again exists. Do I just not be friendly? Or did I just get a "lemon" photographer and this has nothing to do with me?

You can't really stop it, but maybe the best thing to do, on MM anyway is just try to contact a model the photographer has worked with in the past.  They'll probably let you know if they are off their rocker.

I swear I don't ever get to experience drama first hand like this! It's not fair!!

Jul 12 13 07:03 am  Link  Quote 
Photographer
Francisco Castro
Posts: 1,676
Cincinnati, Ohio, US


Move. On.

All too often, a false intimacy takes places during a shoot. The model is trusting the photographer, and the photographer is taking responsibility for the model. It doesn't take much for one party to think there is more to the relationship that is actually is.

Then when the truth comes out, it's a bucket of cold water dumped on your head. Not many people know how to handle rejection and try to get the upper hand any way they can. In this case, he's holding your photos hostage.

Move on. Let the photos die.
Jul 12 13 07:04 am  Link  Quote 
Photographer
RKD Photographic
Posts: 3,265
Iserlohn, North Rhine-Westphalia, Germany


K I C K H A M wrote:
Walk it off.

Stop offering to pose for him.

Shoot with other people. There is no shortage of good (non-douchy) photographers. smile

Sad but true... guy sounds like a complete tosser - unfortunately we all come out of stuff like this looking bad...

Jul 12 13 07:29 am  Link  Quote 
Photographer
salvatori.
Posts: 3,751
State College, Pennsylvania, US


To the OP,

Sorry this happened to you. The guy was into you, you weren't into him; that's the way it goes sometimes. Yes, he is being unprofessional concerning the images; maybe after a little time he will gain perspective and get a couple to you. After all, you said he seemed like a professional shooter; maybe in a while, ask him for the single best pic from the session, and hopefully, you'll get a couple more than that.

To the pretentious, holier-then-thou photographers that assume he's an asshat, a complete tool, etc..., get over yourselves. For all you know, he really felt a connection to the model, and was hurt when she wasn't interested in him.

Of course, if you a guy who has NEVER acted in a similar way on any day in your whole freakin' life... I'm obviously not talking about you...

Jesus....
Jul 12 13 07:37 am  Link  Quote 
Model
LizTess
Posts: 34
Brooklyn, New York, US


salvatori. wrote:
To the OP,

Sorry this happened to you. The guy was into you, you weren't into him; that's the way it goes sometimes. Yes, he is being unprofessional concerning the images; maybe after a little time he will gain perspective and get a couple to you. After all, you said he seemed like a professional shooter; maybe in a while, ask him for the single best pic from the session, and hopefully, you'll get a couple more than that.

To the pretentious, holier-then-thou photographers that assume he's an asshat, a complete tool, etc..., get over yourselves. For all you know, he really felt a connection to the model, and was hurt when she wasn't interested in him.

Of course, if you a guy who has NEVER acted in a similar way on any day in your whole freakin' life... I'm obviously not talking about you...

Jesus....

I can't imagine him feeling a connection to me after one shoot. And even if he did he still acted unprofessionally not giving me the pictures... And then being rude to me, etc. also before he told me he didn't get any images, he had told me he's "only using two" which indicates he did find useable ones. He's just unprofessional, and I think the photographers saying what he did was wrong are right.

Jul 12 13 07:56 am  Link  Quote 
Photographer
salvatori.
Posts: 3,751
State College, Pennsylvania, US


LizTess wrote:

I can't imagine him feeling a connection to me after one shoot. And even if he did he still acted unprofessionally not giving me the pictures... And then being rude to me, etc. also before he told me he didn't get any images, he had told me he's "only using two" which indicates he did find useable ones. He's just unprofessional, and I think the photographers saying what he did was wrong are right.

Well, I apologize all around. I never made my reply to insinuate that you shouldn't be upset, that he wasn't in the wrong, etc.

I was merely saying that maybe HE felt something was 'in the air' when he worked with you. The fact that it was only one session really has nothing to do with it; the fact that you can't understand that reinforces my point (I don't mean that in a bad way).

My main gripe with the photographers making this guy out to be some sort of social scumbag is that, if they looked in the mirror, they could most likely cite something they've done in their past that smacks of something similar (and I don't mean necessarily a photo shoot, but any instance where they felt their feelings towards a woman weren't reciprocated, and therefore they changed their behavior).

That's really all I meant. I won't respond further, as it is obvious to me that no one can understand the least little things going on in my head. I'm either a fucking genius or a complete moron...

And no one needs to post their obvious answer tongue

Jul 12 13 08:01 am  Link  Quote 
Model
Rachel-Elise
Posts: 1,650
Grand Rapids, Michigan, US


Well, HE'S a loser. -.-
Jul 12 13 08:34 am  Link  Quote 
Photographer
jmusse
Posts: 1,488
New York, New York, US


Liz,  he is a loser, don't waist your time. Are a lot of good and professional photographer out there.

Best,
Jose Musse
pixelayers.com
Jul 12 13 08:41 am  Link  Quote 
Photographer
Mickle Design Werks
Posts: 5,949
Washington, District of Columbia, US


salvatori. wrote:
Well, I apologize all around. I never made my reply to insinuate that you shouldn't be upset, that he wasn't in the wrong, etc.

I was merely saying that maybe HE felt something was 'in the air' when he worked with you. The fact that it was only one session really has nothing to do with it; the fact that you can't understand that reinforces my point (I don't mean that in a bad way).

My main gripe with the photographers making this guy out to be some sort of social scumbag is that, if they looked in the mirror, they could most likely cite something they've done in their past that smacks of something similar (and I don't mean necessarily a photo shoot, but any instance where they felt their feelings towards a woman weren't reciprocated, and therefore they changed their behavior).

That's really all I meant. I won't respond further, as it is obvious to me that no one can understand the least little things going on in my head. I'm either a fucking genius or a complete moron...

And no one needs to post their obvious answer tongue

I get it. I also think your thoughts on this are more accurate than others are willing to admit.

Some folks want to make it out that everything is black and white and have this holier than thou air about themselves.  It's usually a more nuanced graduation of grey. A good Model can stir emotion in you, usually is a passion as they are helping you realize the vision that's in your head especially if they are personable and easy to get along with people. Some my confuse this connection with romantic emotions and want to see if they can explore that further. This happens on both sides of the camera so let's not act like this is a surprising and highly unethical thing. Two consenting adults want to hook up or date that's their business. The complication is when trying to take those feelings beyond the work setting something goes left instead of right.

The honest truth is that if you feel an emotional connection then you feel it. It's not a requirement that the feeling are reciprocated or mutual. It's how you act on those feelings that matter. The OP did nothing wrong (according to her account) so she should not feel any guilt or responsibility for the unprofessionalism and lack of ethics that seems to be the case with the Photographer she worked with for the shoot. This is simply acknowledging that the Photographer's feelings for the Model may be real and there is nothing wrong in them feeling them. The wrong is trying to punish the Model for rejecting the advances by the Photographer.

Jul 12 13 08:48 am  Link  Quote 
Photographer
Art of the nude
Posts: 11,856
Olivet, Michigan, US


LizTess wrote:
A few weeks ago, I did a TF shoot with a photographer. We were friendly with each other, but not flirtatious. Recently, he texted me asking me if I wanted to do an underwater shoot on a TF basis, and I said sure and asked how his summer is, etc. just being friendly. All of a sudden, he basically asked me if I was interested in dating him/doing stuff with him while we build my portfolio. Obviously, I said no. He then responded by saying I have to pay for any further shoots with him. I'm curious if I did something wrong or misleading by trying to be sort of friendly with him?

Ps, I still haven't gotten my pictures from my first shoot with him. Kind of frustrating. Has this happened to any other models?

To me, the only "wrong" part is that he should have given you the pictures before he started bringing up other things.

And, I suppose, the idea that you "obviously" said no.  Saying no is fine, but both models and photographers are humans, and sometimes they're attracted to each other.  Politely bringing up such an idea, outside of the actual work environment, seems the best way to deal with it.  Naturally, that presumes that he will accept no for an answer, and properly deal with his professional obligations to you.

Jul 12 13 12:20 pm  Link  Quote 
Photographer
Art of the nude
Posts: 11,856
Olivet, Michigan, US


GER Photography wrote:
Just another butthurt GWC!!
LizTess wrote:
That's the thing, he didn't seem like a GWC! He does photography for a living and knew what he was doing. I just can't wrap my mind around how he was able to be so unprofessional??

That's a good lesson for you.  Being a "GWC" has nothing to do with skill, or professional success.  Some crappy photographers are very respectful, others are completely inappropriate.   Same with highly published and paid photographers.

And, of course, the same with people in any other industry.

Jul 12 13 12:24 pm  Link  Quote 
Photographer
Art of the nude
Posts: 11,856
Olivet, Michigan, US


LizTess wrote:
I'm ending contact with him. The interesting thing is, I brought a male escort along (the photographer agreed to it) and informed the photographer that I HAVE A BOYFRIEND.

Also, as a general update on the situation, the photographer just told me I "use my looks to get people to do what I want" and That he "doesnt want to help a person like me."

Sorry I'm using this forum to rant, I'm just confused and frustrated by this situation.

As this illustrates, escorts are irrelevant the vast majority of the time.  It does, however, change what I said above, since I didn't realize that he knew you had a boyfriend.

And, the bold part gets me.  You are a MODEL!!!  OF COURSE you "used your looks to get people to do what you want."  Just like photographers use their body of work, and anyone else in business uses their money, skills, connections, etc.  That doesn't have to be a bad thing, at all.

Jul 12 13 12:29 pm  Link  Quote 
Photographer
ontherocks
Posts: 22,304
Salem, Oregon, US


i think some guys (not just photographers) will take friendliness from a woman (especially if you are asking about them and their lives) as a sign that they are free to make their move. it is still a culture where the men pursue? but women are also free to say no (have the dreaded "i don't want to lose you as a friend" talk) if they don't want the man and the man should respect that.

i don't necessarily think you did anything wrong. he may have been hoping for a muse plus benefits relationship all along. you've got that clarified now. next.

there was a book that caused trouble on kickstarter where the male author's advice was basically to hit on anything with boobs (whether the woman seemed interested or not) and that was your best way to insure lots of sex. basically a numbers game. interestingly, that's how we advise newbie photographers. chase after lots of models and don't get hung up on any particular one.
Jul 12 13 12:34 pm  Link  Quote 
Photographer
Viator Defessus Photos
Posts: 1,011
College Station, Texas, US


There have been times when models have been kinda casually flirty with me. My female assistant has pointed out that there are times when I've reciprocated with some rather flirty behavior of my own; but it's all done in smiles and jokes and it's done to build a positive atmosphere for the shoot so we can all have a good time and get good pictures. Anything that's going to make the model happy or make her feel prettier or more confident is going to tend to improve the resulting shots. It isn't done because either of us is subtly feeling the other one out to see if they're interested. That's not photography... that's using a camera to date.
Jul 12 13 12:39 pm  Link  Quote 
Photographer
Viator Defessus Photos
Posts: 1,011
College Station, Texas, US


Also, if the guy wasn't such scum, he would have delivered the photos from your first shoot (or at least one or two images) before he started talking to you about another shoot or trying to put the moves on you. Obligations are obligations and they should always be honored, regardless.
Jul 12 13 12:41 pm  Link  Quote 
Photographer
ontherocks
Posts: 22,304
Salem, Oregon, US


i know within a few minutes. just a few minutes of talking (hearing their voice) and being close to someone (maybe getting to hug them, smell them, feel their hair) and that's enough for me to decide. it's not rocket science. it's chemistry. after we get a chance to use our senses we just know (or at least i do). now wanting to have sex with someone may be different than wanting to spend the rest of your life with them but i've certainly heard of guys who've known they were going to marry someone very shortly after meeting them (but maybe they were blindsided by a chemical storm in their brain).

even amanda seyfried has said this:
"Everybody I've dated I've been sexually attracted to immediately," Seyfried tells Elle. "Sparks don't grow -- your vagina doesn't become more inclined to wanting someone just because you're around them."
(she may be responding to a different theory of "erotic reciprocity" where it holds that a women can become attracted to a man over time if he's meeting her needs -- maybe it depends on the woman)

LizTess wrote:
I can't imagine him feeling a connection to me after one shoot.

Jul 12 13 12:42 pm  Link  Quote 
Photographer
ontherocks
Posts: 22,304
Salem, Oregon, US


yeah, i don't blame him for pursuing the model and thinking that maybe he had a chance (we all like to think we have a chance even if we aren't hugh jackman). but when she said no he should have just moved on (after fulfilling his obligations). he shouldn't have mentioned needing to charge her. that was payback. and maybe exposed his true motives. but basically i think from a photography standpoint his behavior was unprofessional. but i also don't think models should be shocked if they get asked out. i met my wife in the workplace. it's not uncommon to date the people you spend the most time with.

Viator-Defessus Photos wrote:
Also, if the guy wasn't such scum, he would have delivered the photos from your first shoot (or at least one or two images) before he started talking to you about another shoot or trying to put the moves on you. Obligations are obligations and they should always be honored, regardless.

Jul 12 13 12:43 pm  Link  Quote 
Photographer
Jhono Bashian
Posts: 2,432
Cleveland, Ohio, US


In Balance Photography wrote:
Walk away. It's just images - you can make new ones.

Good advice!!!

Jul 12 13 12:48 pm  Link  Quote 
Photographer
ontherocks
Posts: 22,304
Salem, Oregon, US


i mentioned this to one model and she said "i'm flirting with your camera" she lusted after Canon, not me. sigh. i envy that guy. lol.

Viator-Defessus Photos wrote:
There have been times when models have been kinda casually flirty with me.

Jul 12 13 12:51 pm  Link  Quote 
Model
LizTess
Posts: 34
Brooklyn, New York, US


Just to clarify, I'm not offended or insulted or weirded out that he asked me out. I made it known to him that I have a boyfriend, so I was a bit surprised, but not upset. That happens and is understandable. The issue is more the fact that he is withholding images from me and calling me rude things because I rejected him (and I wasn't mean about it, I just said "no thank you").

Like i said, I'm having no more contact with him. It was a learning experience I suppose.
Jul 12 13 01:44 pm  Link  Quote 
Photographer
Images By Joseph
Posts: 868
Naperville, Illinois, US


He must of been interested in you and did not like your reply so attitude developed
Jul 12 13 01:59 pm  Link  Quote 
Photographer
Art of the nude
Posts: 11,856
Olivet, Michigan, US


LizTess wrote:
Just to clarify, I'm not offended or insulted or weirded out that he asked me out. I made it known to him that I have a boyfriend, so I was a bit surprised, but not upset. That happens and is understandable. The issue is more the fact that he is withholding images from me and calling me rude things because I rejected him (and I wasn't mean about it, I just said "no thank you").

Like i said, I'm having no more contact with him. It was a learning experience I suppose.

This is a totally suitable response.  My first comment would have been quite different if I'd known that he was withholding your agreed compensation while trying to make the relationship something it wasn't.

Jul 13 13 09:17 am  Link  Quote 
Photographer
Daeda1us
Posts: 1,067
Little Rock, Arkansas, US


In Balance Photography wrote:
Walk away. It's just images - you can make new ones.

+infinity!

edit: checked your portfolio.  You are way cute and have a great figure.  There has to be tons of photographers in the NYC area who would love to work with you. 
I look forward to seeing more of your work!

Jul 13 13 09:43 am  Link  Quote 
Photographer
varton
Posts: 2,281
New York, New York, US


Marin Photography NYC wrote:
Sounds like this guy had different intentions to start with so I would forget about the images.

+1
I hope you get better luck next time.

Jul 13 13 07:03 pm  Link  Quote 
Photographer
Yugoboy
Posts: 77
Rochester, New York, US


LizTess wrote:
I can't imagine him feeling a connection to me after one shoot.

All other advice to run away and write it off is valid and should be followed.  I did want to comment on this, however.

Some people "feel a connection" to people they've never met.  We're talking celebrity stalkers, among others.  One reason celebs get stalkers is frequency of exposure.  You see Jody Foster in Taxi Driver talking enough times, you might decide to shoot the president to try to impress her.

As the photographer, he had who knows how many dozens, if not hundreds of images of you on his monitor.  Enough post-processing, and a not-quite all there person might begin to misinterpret the "connection" you had as a professional.

It's the nature of mental illness that the person's actions are sometimes illogical and counter-productive.  Most (real, non-GWC) photographers wouldn't behave this way.

Jul 13 13 09:05 pm  Link  Quote 
Photographer
Amul La La
Posts: 804
Plymouth, England, United Kingdom


Okay so what you have yourself here is a bonafide pervert, when you come to that realization, you'll stay the hell clear of him - good luck.
Jul 14 13 02:45 am  Link  Quote 
Model
Alexandria Web
Posts: 20
Washington, England, United Kingdom


Sounds like you had a lucky escape.
No you did nothing wrong but the tog's behaviour is skeevy as hell.
Jul 14 13 06:19 am  Link  Quote 
first123last   Search   Reply



main | browse | casting/travel | forums | shout box | help | advertising | contests | share | join the mayhem

more modelmayhem on: | | | edu

©2006-2014 ModelMayhem.com. All Rights Reserved.
MODEL MAYHEM is a registered trademark.
Toggle Worksafe Mode: Off | On
Terms | Privacy | Careers