login info join!
Forums > General Industry > MB Fashion Week - NYC: Spring 2014 Collection Search   Reply
Photographer
udor
Posts: 22,076
New York, New York, US


Mercedes Benz Fashion Week in New York will be held at Lincoln Center (and numerous off-site locations) from September 05 to 12.

DISCLAIMER: I am not a representative of IMG and not responsible for the content below, it's copied and pasted from emails that were mailed out.

=================================================

Press & Industry Registration for Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week in New York is now OPEN

Visit http://registration.mbfashionweek.com to register.

The Spring 2014 Collections will take place on September 5-12th, 2013 in Lincoln Center's Damrosch Park. Over 100,000 guests will attend Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week for eight days of runway shows, presentations and special events.

Please reference the below timeline and payment schedule for Press & Industry Accreditation:

August 26th  2013* (12:00 PM): Deadline for inclusion in the Addendum Press and Industry List
August 30th , 2013 (12:00 PM): Registration closes online

*Registrations received after August 26th  WILL NOT BE CIRCULATED TO DESIGNERS.

REQUIREMENTS:
* EVERY CREDENTIAL REQUIRES A PHOTO. This should be submitted prior to the event to ensure a timely check-in. Please note as mentioned above all applicants must submit a new headshot this season. Only headshots in JPEG format will be accepted. Files must be under 500KB.

If you are not directly employed by a major media outlet, are a freelancer or if this is your first time registering for Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week in New York, IMG Fashion will not consider your application without these materials:

* A LETTER OF VERIFICATION SIGNED BY YOUR MANAGING EDITOR/PRODUCER. This must be on company letterhead, from the affiliation you are representing. Please note that submitting false documents will forfeit your application for this and all future events produced by IMG Fashion.

* 2 EXAMPLES OF YOUR PREVIOUS FASHION RELATED COVERAGE. Please be sure to include as much information as possible about your affiliation within your application; website links, editorial tears (scans are acceptable) or other supporting documents.

We highly recommend that you upload these items into your Press & Industry Account. If you are unable to upload these materials to your account, you will need to send two copies of the publication, DVDs, company profile, press kit, etc. via postal mail to the address below.

BE ADVISED THAT REGISTRATION FOR AND INCLUSION IN THE MERCEDES-BENZ FASHION WEEK SPRING 2014 PRESS AND INDUSTRY LIST DOES NOT GUARANTEE ACCESS TO SHOWS. DESIGNERS USE THE LIST AS A RESOURCE FOR THEIR INVITATION AND GUEST LISTS. IMG FASHION DOES NOT ISSUE TICKETS OR INVITATIONS TO SHOWS. INVITATIONS ARE SENT DIRECTLY BY THE DESIGNERS' PUBLIC RELATIONS REPRESENTATIVES. THESE REPRESENTATIVES RECEIVE ALL INFORMATION ENTERED INTO OUR REGISTRATION SYSTEM FOR THEIR USE.

=================================================

So much for the technical fun... the questions about registrations always comes up, so this season, I am starting this thread with the requirements.

As always, those MM members, who shoot fashion week in NY, please, feel free to provide samples of the shows and the atmosphere.

See you at the tents!  smile

udor
Aug 12 13 11:10 am  Link  Quote 
Photographer
Garry k
Posts: 26,986
Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada


Looking forward to your coverage of this event Sir !
Aug 12 13 03:45 pm  Link  Quote 
Photographer
udor
Posts: 22,076
New York, New York, US


The deadline for the early registration has been extended to Thursday, August 15!
Aug 13 13 08:18 am  Link  Quote 
Photographer
udor
Posts: 22,076
New York, New York, US


Early registration deadline ($80 vs. $100 and circulation to the designers and PR firms) ends today at 12pm EST!!!
Aug 15 13 07:15 am  Link  Quote 
Model
MB JenB
Posts: 2,981
Clarksville, Tennessee, US


Garry k wrote:
Looking forward to your coverage of this event Sir !

Me too!

Aug 15 13 05:21 pm  Link  Quote 
Photographer
udor
Posts: 22,076
New York, New York, US


For those that are interested to get invited to watch the shows or getting into the tents in the first place... read this article from lookonline.com:

HOW TO GET INVITED TO A NEW YORK FASHION SHOW

http://www.lookonline.com/getin_front.jpg

From the article:
"Ultimately it is our works that carry us through and if your work does not legitimately give you reason to be there, then you are taking the place of someone who does. But that's the rub. Let's say you are the next Marc Jacobs, young, talented, charming. Or a budding Guy Trebay, Eric Wilson, Cathy Horyn, Robin Givhan, with bon mots bursting in your brain. Or the next Anna Wintour, Grace Coddington, or Andre Leon Talley. But you have no connections and no idea how to get them. You want to get IN, into the industry, into the fashion shows. How do you do it? Below is a guide, a kind of "how to." But be ready to back up your endeavor with hard work, talent and time. All others need not apply. This is not an overnight miracle. BUT, hook up with the right guardian angels and you may find yourself in some pretty magical places."
Aug 20 13 01:36 pm  Link  Quote 
Model
MB JenB
Posts: 2,981
Clarksville, Tennessee, US


Fabulous link Udor!

Thank you.
Aug 21 13 06:54 am  Link  Quote 
Photographer
udor
Posts: 22,076
New York, New York, US


I don't think that, except for a handful of people, there is much interest on MM for NY Fashion Week coverage.

Wednesday is press credential pick up and then the shows begin on Thursday.

I might have to cover more shows than expected for Couture Fashion Week, shooting house..., so, I'll have to divide my attention for a few days.

Here is the Show Schedule for Mercedes Benz Fashion Week
Sep 03 13 11:48 am  Link  Quote 
Model
Kelsey Langford
Posts: 32
Sacramento, California, US


Udor...or anyone...would you explain what Couture Fashion Week is and how is it different from MBFW?  (Sorry if it's a dumb question...I'm new at all this.)

Thanks!

Kelsey
Sep 03 13 12:12 pm  Link  Quote 
Photographer
udor
Posts: 22,076
New York, New York, US


KelseyL4d wrote:
Udor...or anyone...would you explain what Couture Fashion Week is and how is it different from MBFW?  (Sorry if it's a dumb question...I'm new at all this.)

Thanks!

Kelsey

Kelsey, it's definitely not a dumb question...

MBFW is organized by IMG and showcases some of the best known international labels at Lincoln Center and is a fashion industry only event.

Couture Fashion Week is the brainchild of my friend Andres Aquino, whom I helped to create the very first event of CFW and had been his right hand man and house photographer for many years. Working with him on fashion show productions already years before CFW started.

CFW is specifically designed to showcase designers from different countries that most people in the US have never heard of, so, there are designers from Africa, the Middle East, Eastern Europe and even Mongolia and is open to the public and tickets can be purchased.

This season, there will even be a Native American designer showcasing her boots and Jen B (Myrna Byrna, also in this thread) will be coming to NYC to walk in that show.

Some designers started out at CFW and are showcasing now at MBFW, e.g. Katya Leonovich.

Hope that helps! smile

Sep 03 13 12:26 pm  Link  Quote 
Photographer
David M Russell
Posts: 1,119
New York, New York, US


You can tell NYFW is upon us. 5'10" 105# girls are EVERYWHERE.
Sep 03 13 12:28 pm  Link  Quote 
Model
Kelsey Langford
Posts: 32
Sacramento, California, US


udor wrote:
Kelsey, it's definitely not a dumb question...

MBFW is organized by IMG and showcases some of the best known international labels at Lincoln Center and is a fashion industry only event.

Couture Fashion Week is the brainchild of my friend Andres Aquino, whom I helped to create the very first event of CFW and had been his right hand man and house photographer for many years. Working with him on fashion show productions already years before CFW started.

CFW is specifically designed to showcase designers from different countries that most people in the US have never heard of, so, there are designers from Africa, the Middle East, Eastern Europe and even Mongolia and is open to the public and tickets can be purchased.

This season, there will even be a Native American designer showcasing her boots and Jen B (Myrna Byrna, also in this thread) will be coming to NYC to walk in that show.

Hope that helps! smile

Thank you...that definitely helps!!  I was curious because I have a model friend that did a test with Mr. Aquino here in CA and will be walking for him at CFW!

Sep 03 13 12:35 pm  Link  Quote 
Photographer
udor
Posts: 22,076
New York, New York, US


KelseyL4d wrote:
Thank you...that definitely helps!!  I was curious because I have a model friend that did a test with Mr. Aquino here in CA and will be walking for him at CFW!

You are welcome! smile

Sep 03 13 07:47 pm  Link  Quote 
Photographer
udor
Posts: 22,076
New York, New York, US


This is a footage from last years Fall 2012 Collection (February), which was aired by CNN.

Great backstory about the press corps and Richard Renda who keeps order on the riser...

CNN: Tiffs and Tempers at Fashion Week

As Carolina Herrera says... this is all about the photographers.

This job is really not for everybody, but those who survive, season for season... we became a big family... who stays in touch off season, mostly via facebook, if we are in different regions and even countries.

Tomorrow is press credential pickup... and Thursday the madness begins!
Sep 03 13 07:59 pm  Link  Quote 
Photographer
xandx
Posts: 4,672
Jamaica, New York, US


It's ON!!! http://imageshack.us/a/img708/7771/5k9r.jpghttp://imageshack.us/a/img191/4571/t877.jpg
Sep 06 13 02:07 am  Link  Quote 
Photographer
xandx
Posts: 4,672
Jamaica, New York, US


http://imageshack.us/a/img546/5539/ceaj.jpg
Getting ready to go do some ModelMayhem

This is how 50 aspiring model wannabees get to walk (run, whatevah!...) the runways at Lincoln center. You respond to ads on Craigslist for fit models who can rollerskate and get winnowed down to those who can and those who can learn a dance routine in one week. After intensive training - You get to be part of an E! segment and in a commercial for Realsies. (not boob jobs, get your minds out of the gutter) Eyelashes. Yes, with large inflatable eye wands to boot and freebies to give away as a spokesmodel on the streets of NYC! (Yep - Skyscrapers, and everythin') ...and being dressed like a Hooters gal!!

Hey, it's a modeling gig... No shame in my game.
http://imageshack.us/a/img534/354/rlzr.jpghttp://imageshack.us/a/img849/2893/y9ps.jpg
http://img856.imageshack.us/img856/4451/sdne.jpghttp://imageshack.us/a/img32/7091/5c9p.jpg
http://imageshack.us/a/img824/5825/fbr2.jpghttp://img17.imageshack.us/img17/3200/slaq.jpg
Sep 08 13 06:11 am  Link  Quote 
Photographer
xandx
Posts: 4,672
Jamaica, New York, US


http://imageshack.us/a/img837/7097/794l.jpg
Great show at the Theatre last night....
Sep 09 13 10:16 am  Link  Quote 
Photographer
xandx
Posts: 4,672
Jamaica, New York, US


http://imageshack.us/a/img821/9600/nm6c.jpghttp://imageshack.us/a/img22/4521/euc0.jpghttp://imageshack.us/a/img821/8315/w3n6.jpg
http://imageshack.us/a/img24/4194/ekk3.jpg
http://imageshack.us/a/img10/3448/i894.jpghttp://imageshack.us/a/img94/4125/qy5o.jpghttp://imageshack.us/a/img694/1412/504f.jpghttp://imageshack.us/a/img27/8349/j5o9.jpghttp://imageshack.us/a/img138/8977/34b1.jpghttp://imageshack.us/a/img203/8710/1oew.jpg
http://imageshack.us/a/img546/3707/5brf.jpg
Sep 09 13 10:25 am  Link  Quote 
Photographer
udor
Posts: 22,076
New York, New York, US


So, I was shooting house for four days at Couture Fashion Week... was very, very nice... and so diverse, with designers from India, Mongolia, Native American designers (first nation), Dominican Republic, US, Germany etc., will make an extra post with images about that one.

Today, I shot Yeohlee, and I am on my way to shoot Reem Acra at 6pm... then back home, and continue to edit... a lot of photos... a lot...

Tuesday and Wednesday I will shoot full time at Lincoln Center.

Photos be coming... wink
Sep 09 13 01:39 pm  Link  Quote 
Model
MB JenB
Posts: 2,981
Clarksville, Tennessee, US


udor wrote:
So, I was shooting house for four days at Couture Fashion Week... was very, very nice... and so diverse, with designers from India, Mongolia, Native American designers (first nation), Dominican Republic, US, Germany etc., will make an extra post with images about that one.

Today, I shot Yeohlee, and I am on my way to shoot Reem Acra at 6pm... then back home, and continue to edit... a lot of photos... a lot...

Tuesday and Wednesday I will shoot full time at Lincoln Center.

Photos be coming... wink

smile! no sleep for a few more days no doubt

Sep 10 13 05:45 am  Link  Quote 
Photographer
xandx
Posts: 4,672
Jamaica, New York, US


Yeah, no sleep. The correct term is no rest for the weary....

http://imageshack.us/a/img19/3702/hlee.jpg
Sep 10 13 07:40 am  Link  Quote 
Model
MB JenB
Posts: 2,981
Clarksville, Tennessee, US


xandx wrote:
Yeah, no sleep. The correct term is no rest for the weary....

http://imageshack.us/a/img19/3702/hlee.jpg

I look forward to it all! Thank you for going restless. wink
Jen

Sep 10 13 04:26 pm  Link  Quote 
Photographer
udor
Posts: 22,076
New York, New York, US


Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week, Spring 2014 Collection by Zang Toi

Are there really any words to describe his collection? What an amazing human being he is, and traditionally, he hands out the little refreshments to the International Press Corps..., as the only designer who still does that, showing his respect and appreciation to the hardworking media people!

https://sphotos-a-lga.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/1236107_10151604540400458_347979925_n.jpg
Sep 10 13 06:54 pm  Link  Quote 
Photographer
udor
Posts: 22,076
New York, New York, US


Well... I think I have to pass on the torch about New York Fashion Week coverage.

Over the years, there had been this huge decline in interest and participation on NY fashion week coverage, which is sad, but also shows me that anything fashion had been on a steep decline on here.

There are a handful of fashion photographers, who are awesome (!), but the MM'ers that are with me on the risers don't post here anymore... MM has slid into the mostly glamour/art section that makes fashion-workers like me obsolete.

Gone are the days where tons of people posted their shots and commented in those threads...

Everything is happening on facebook... and frankly... since there are only 4 or 5 people interested in NYFW coverage... out of 3/4 of a Million members... I am calling it quits.

Take care...

Funny thing is... this post will get unnoticed anyway. smile
Sep 10 13 07:45 pm  Link  Quote 
Photographer
Vintagevista
Posts: 10,861
Sun City, California, US


No it won't - ...

Anybody that doesn't notice  this has no pulse

https://sphotos-a-lga.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/1236107_10151604540400458_347979925_n.jpg
Sep 10 13 11:04 pm  Link  Quote 
Photographer
xandx
Posts: 4,672
Jamaica, New York, US


I see the guys up here on the riser and backstage, they just don't post anymore. Guess MM lacks the little gold statuette....

Hold it a min, where are the Couture Fashionweek shots, buddy?!? This was at Katy Stern's Venexiana show...
http://img189.imageshack.us/img189/5770/yyll.jpg

Here's where I'm at... http://beeceephoto.wix.com/mbfwsp14
Sep 11 13 05:57 am  Link  Quote 
Photographer
Darren Brade
Posts: 2,746
London, England, United Kingdom


udor wrote:
Well... I think I have to pass on the torch about New York Fashion Week coverage.

Over the years, there had been this huge decline in interest and participation on NY fashion week coverage, which is sad, but also shows me that anything fashion had been on a steep decline on here.

There are a handful of fashion photographers, who are awesome (!), but the MM'ers that are with me on the risers don't post here anymore... MM has slid into the mostly glamour/art section that makes fashion-workers like me obsolete.

Gone are the days where tons of people posted their shots and commented in those threads...

Everything is happening on facebook... and frankly... since there are only 4 or 5 people interested in NYFW coverage... out of 3/4 of a Million members... I am calling it quits.

Take care...

Funny thing is... this post will get unnoticed anyway. smile

Shut your whinging! wink

People read it even if they don't comment on it. Your threads have inspired me to do something similar for LFW :p

http://www.modelmayhem.com/po.php?thread_id=903135

Sep 11 13 07:02 am  Link  Quote 
  Search   Reply



main | browse | casting/travel | forums | shout box | help | advertising | contests | share | join the mayhem

more modelmayhem on: | | | edu

©2006-2014 ModelMayhem.com. All Rights Reserved.
MODEL MAYHEM is a registered trademark.
Toggle Worksafe Mode: Off | On
Terms | Privacy | Careers