login info join!
Forums > Off-Topic Discussion > SF2: Ess Effin Two > can't sleep Search   Reply
12last
Model
FIT Dana
Posts: 35
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, US


I can't sleep
I think I ate to much for labor day
Sep 02 13 11:35 pm  Link  Quote 
Model
Amadea T
Posts: 3,317
Columbus, Ohio, US


FIT Dana wrote:
I can't sleep
I think I ate to much for labor day

Nice abs!

Sep 02 13 11:46 pm  Link  Quote 
Photographer
MesmerEyes Photography
Posts: 2,843
Tyler, Texas, US


Eurocat wrote:

Nice abs!

I second that.

Sleep is overrated anyway. wink

Sep 02 13 11:49 pm  Link  Quote 
Model
Jules NYC
Posts: 15,660
New York, New York, US


I noticed this thread.

Neither can I.
My sleep sucks.

Insomnia.
It's god awful.
Sep 03 13 12:05 am  Link  Quote 
Photographer
DougBPhoto
Posts: 37,614
Portland, Oregon, US


I'm up !!


Wait, I mean, I'm awake!!



Good evening ladies and gentlemen... tonight's topic, threadkilling 101

/discussion
Sep 03 13 12:29 am  Link  Quote 
Photographer
aspergianLens
Posts: 1,824
Sacramento, California, US


Jules NYC wrote:
I noticed this thread.

Neither can I.
My sleep sucks.

Insomnia.
It's god awful.

I sleep pretty odd hours too.  I'm often up until 4 or 5 am... or sometimes I don't go to bed at all, until the next night.

Sep 03 13 12:56 am  Link  Quote 
Model
Jules NYC
Posts: 15,660
New York, New York, US


aspergianLens wrote:

I sleep pretty odd hours too.  I'm often up until 4 or 5 am... or sometimes I don't go to bed at all, until the next night.

What do you do when you have to work and your body won't let you sleep?

Sep 03 13 01:58 am  Link  Quote 
Photographer
aspergianLens
Posts: 1,824
Sacramento, California, US


Jules NYC wrote:
What do you do when you have to work and your body won't let you sleep?

Just push through until the next night, to sleep... not much else I can do.

Sep 03 13 02:02 am  Link  Quote 
Model
Jules NYC
Posts: 15,660
New York, New York, US


aspergianLens wrote:

Just push through until the next night, to sleep... not much else I can do.

I have a shoot tomorrow.
Hopefully I won't look like Dawn of the Dead.

Sep 03 13 02:10 am  Link  Quote 
Photographer
aspergianLens
Posts: 1,824
Sacramento, California, US


Jules NYC wrote:
I have a shoot tomorrow.
Hopefully I won't look like Dawn of the Dead.

I empathize.  On my last shoot, a few weeks ago, I couldn't sleep at all, and had been up for 2 days total when I finally got to my shoot (in the morning).

It went fine though, as I didn't feel like a total zombie.  But I was exhausted, that evening.

Unfortunately I seem to get nervous before shoots and sometimes it gives me insomnia.

Sep 03 13 02:14 am  Link  Quote 
Model
Amadea T
Posts: 3,317
Columbus, Ohio, US


I.thought it was the stupid jet lag, but it's just my old pal, fucking insomnia...

Time for sleepy study methinks....i just hope my heart won't stop three minutes or more /mild attempt at parody
Sep 03 13 02:15 am  Link  Quote 
Photographer
aspergianLens
Posts: 1,824
Sacramento, California, US


Eurocat wrote:
I.thought it was the stupid jet lag, but it's just my old pal, fucking insomnia...

Time for sleepy study methinks....i just hope my heart won't stop three minutes or more /mild attempt at parody

Again? You're making a habit of it, aren't you?

Sep 03 13 02:16 am  Link  Quote 
Model
Jules NYC
Posts: 15,660
New York, New York, US


aspergianLens wrote:

I empathize.  On my last shoot, a few weeks ago, I couldn't sleep at all, and had been up for 2 days total when I finally got to my shoot (in the morning).

It went fine though, as I didn't feel like a total zombie.  But I was exhausted, that evening.

Unfortunately I seem to get nervous before shoots and sometimes it gives me insomnia.

I've shot with this company quite a few times and did three of their catalogs.  Not worried about tomorrow, just have so much more on my mind.

I woke up today depressed for no reason.

Sep 03 13 02:18 am  Link  Quote 
Photographer
aspergianLens
Posts: 1,824
Sacramento, California, US


Jules NYC wrote:

I've shot with this company quite a few times and did three of their catalogs.  Not worried about tomorrow, just have so much more on my mind.

I woke up today depressed for no reason.

My nervousness seems to be subconscious -- I don't actually worry about the shoots, beforehand.  But maybe I end up thinking about them too much, at night, before the shoot.

Maybe that has something to do with it.

Sep 03 13 02:24 am  Link  Quote 
Model
Jules NYC
Posts: 15,660
New York, New York, US


aspergianLens wrote:

My nervousness seems to be subconscious -- I don't actually worry about the shoots, beforehand.  But maybe I end up thinking about them too much, at night, before the shoot.

Maybe that has something to do with it.

I think insomnia is directly related to over-thinking/mind activity.

I've keep odd hours since I was a kid so that's nothing new.  I just suffer with it when creeping thoughts can't get out of my head.  I'm pretty sure I know what it is, but I can't dumb it down.

I think I'd sleep a lot better if my life wasn't like a stray cat.

Sep 03 13 02:28 am  Link  Quote 
Model
Amadea T
Posts: 3,317
Columbus, Ohio, US


aspergianLens wrote:

Again? You're making a habit of it, aren't you?

It's made a habit of me!

Sep 03 13 02:30 am  Link  Quote 
Photographer
aspergianLens
Posts: 1,824
Sacramento, California, US


Jules NYC wrote:
I think I'd sleep a lot better if my life wasn't like a stray cat.

How is your life like a stray cat?

Sep 03 13 02:31 am  Link  Quote 
Model
Amadea T
Posts: 3,317
Columbus, Ohio, US


Jules NYC wrote:

I think insomnia is directly related to over-thinking/mind activity.

I've keep odd hours since I was a kid so that's nothing new.  I just suffer with it when creeping thoughts can't get out of my head.  I'm pretty sure I know what it is, but I can't dumb it down.

I think I'd sleep a lot better if my life wasn't like a stray cat.

You and me both, lady. No dumbing down possible.

Can't dumb it down...and i love the stray cat analogy. Gonna use that one!

Sep 03 13 02:33 am  Link  Quote 
Model
Jules NYC
Posts: 15,660
New York, New York, US


"How is your life like a stray cat?"


Well, for years, nothing has been permanent of anything.
I've done the whole office job thing and HATED it.

So I do music and model and always running here and there.
I'd like to have roots somewhere, a relationship.  Seems like everything is transitory or I have to wait.

A lifetime of waiting.
Waiting for the right job, the right guy ~

You know, I don't mind running around aimlessly for work but after so much time being alone, you want someone to share the day to day.

This lifestyle is getting f'ing bullshit.

I was thinking about joining a partyband on a cruiseship but I thought for the amount of songs I'd have to learn by January (400) it really wasn't worth 600 a week.

Fuck that noise.

Stray cat?

Being lost I guess.
Sep 03 13 02:36 am  Link  Quote 
Photographer
aspergianLens
Posts: 1,824
Sacramento, California, US


Eurocat wrote:

It's made a habit of me!

Same here.  With me though, I had to work on getting off of Ambien - I developed a severe allergy to it (making me itch badly).  That was a nightmare, since I couldn't just stop it.

if I did I couldn't sleep - so I had to wean off of it, altogether.

Sep 03 13 02:37 am  Link  Quote 
Photographer
aspergianLens
Posts: 1,824
Sacramento, California, US


Jules NYC wrote:
Stray cat?

Being lost I guess.

That message is was rather mangled.

But yes, I see what you mean now.

And as for noise - it could overload me, sensory-wise.

Sep 03 13 02:38 am  Link  Quote 
Model
Jules NYC
Posts: 15,660
New York, New York, US


Eurocat wrote:

You and me both, lady. No dumbing down possible.

Can't dumb it down...and i love the stray cat analogy. Gonna use that one!

smile

Sep 03 13 02:39 am  Link  Quote 
Model
Jules NYC
Posts: 15,660
New York, New York, US


aspergianLens wrote:

That message is was rather mangled.

But yes, I see what you mean now.

Yes, I can't deal with HTML now, ha ha

I'm so used to doing everything myself, being independent, having a flood of different decisions every two seconds.

It's a lot.

Sep 03 13 02:41 am  Link  Quote 
Model
Amadea T
Posts: 3,317
Columbus, Ohio, US


I hear ya, Jules.
I can't even keep any bloody friends! I'm being invited to stuff but can't seem to make it, ever.

It's not all Champagne and limousines, this bizznes...
Sep 03 13 02:41 am  Link  Quote 
Photographer
aspergianLens
Posts: 1,824
Sacramento, California, US


Eurocat wrote:
I hear ya, Jules.
I can't even keep any bloody friends! I'm being invited to stuff but can't seem to make it, ever.

It's not all Champagne and limousines, this bizznes...

I thought the "glamour" of it all is largely illusory.

Sep 03 13 02:43 am  Link  Quote 
Model
Jules NYC
Posts: 15,660
New York, New York, US


Eurocat wrote:
I hear ya, Jules.
I can't even keep any bloody friends! I'm being invited to stuff but can't seem to make it, ever.

It's not all Champagne and limousines, this bizznes...

Let's talk about that... keeping friends.

I have friends all over the country, very few/hardly any 'real' friends.
I can't keep them either.

Sep 03 13 02:43 am  Link  Quote 
Model
Jules NYC
Posts: 15,660
New York, New York, US


aspergianLens wrote:

I thought glamour of it all is largely illusory.

This business leaves you very lonely.
I wouldn't say that of myself, feeling loneliness, but sometimes it just hits you so hard, man, it just blows.

Sep 03 13 02:44 am  Link  Quote 
Photographer
aspergianLens
Posts: 1,824
Sacramento, California, US


Jules NYC wrote:

This business leaves you very lonely.
I wouldn't say that of myself, feeling loneliness, but sometimes it just hits you so hard, man, it just blows.

I already have issues with social isolation, though, on top of the issues associated with photography and the business-like attitude most have.

Sep 03 13 02:45 am  Link  Quote 
Model
Jules NYC
Posts: 15,660
New York, New York, US


aspergianLens wrote:

I already have issues with social isolation, though, on top of the issues associated with photography and the business-like attitude most have.

I spend pretty much 97% of my days alone unless I'm working of course. If I am lucky enough to enjoy someone's company, it's limited.  Just a few days/hours, etc.

I am quite self-entertaining but I'm getting to the point where all of this doesn't seem 'normal', well, normal to me.

Sep 03 13 02:49 am  Link  Quote 
Photographer
aspergianLens
Posts: 1,824
Sacramento, California, US


Jules NYC wrote:

I spend pretty much 97% of my days alone unless I'm working of course. If I am lucky enough to enjoy someone's company, it's limited.  Just a few days/hours, etc.

I am quite self-entertaining but I'm getting to the point where all of this doesn't seem 'normal', well, normal to me.

I wasn't aware that modeling was that isolating.

Sep 03 13 02:50 am  Link  Quote 
Model
Jules NYC
Posts: 15,660
New York, New York, US


aspergianLens wrote:

I wasn't aware that modeling was that isolating.

It is.

I keep getting jobs so I do it despite the fact I'm far from 17.
I'm more interested in music.

Sometimes I wonder if I'll get a 'legit' job and not worry about life so much, but I know it wouldn't last.

Sep 03 13 02:54 am  Link  Quote 
Photographer
aspergianLens
Posts: 1,824
Sacramento, California, US


Jules NYC wrote:

It is.

I keep getting jobs so I do it despite the fact I'm far from 17.
I'm more interested in music.

Sometimes I wonder if I'll get a 'legit' job and not worry about life so much, but I know it wouldn't last.

My general impression of the trade (I consider it more of a trade than a profession) is that many people are standoffish and are more concerned about making money than they are about building friendships...

Perhaps it's not all like that, though?

Sep 03 13 02:57 am  Link  Quote 
Model
Jules NYC
Posts: 15,660
New York, New York, US


aspergianLens wrote:
My general impression of the trade (I consider it more of a trade than a profession) is that many people are standoffish and are more concerned about making money than they are about building friendships...

Perhaps it's not all like that, though?

Most models I meet are very nice.  On that note, most people that have issues or try to make you feel 'less than' or small are people NOT involved in modeling.

The arts in general is isolating.

It takes time 'alone' to create.

I gravitate towards artistic people so I guess I only get small doses of companionship.

As for friends, people can surely disappoint.

I could have auditioned for Rob Fusari but had to work a week, ONE fucking week.  Told my fellow singer friend about it and got a reaction I didn't expect.

Sep 03 13 02:59 am  Link  Quote 
Photographer
aspergianLens
Posts: 1,824
Sacramento, California, US


Jules NYC wrote:
Most models I meet are very nice.
The arts in general is isolating.

I agree.  Most are, but I've had a few encounters than I regret...

I have had to remove a few people from my credits list, because of unwanted drama.

Sep 03 13 03:02 am  Link  Quote 
Model
Jules NYC
Posts: 15,660
New York, New York, US


aspergianLens wrote:

I agree.  Most are, but I've had a few encounters than I regret...

Hummm

Beauty is nice, so is youth.
Thing is, they are changeable things.

Sep 03 13 03:04 am  Link  Quote 
Photographer
aspergianLens
Posts: 1,824
Sacramento, California, US


Jules NYC wrote:

Hummm

Beauty is nice, so is youth.
Thing is, they are changeable things.

Let's just say not everyone is as mature as they could be.

Sep 03 13 03:05 am  Link  Quote 
Model
Jules NYC
Posts: 15,660
New York, New York, US


aspergianLens wrote:

Let's just say not everyone is as mature as they could be.

No, not everyone is.

Funny, random thing...
I got a job for a runway show recently and the woman who casted me complimented me in a way I wish a man would.

I want a re-do.
In life.

Sep 03 13 03:10 am  Link  Quote 
Photographer
aspergianLens
Posts: 1,824
Sacramento, California, US


Jules NYC wrote:

No, not everyone is.

Funny, random thing...
I got a job for a runway show recently and the woman who casted me complimented me in a way I wish a man would.

I want a re-do.
In life.

I am very leery of complimenting models.  I don't want anything to be misconstrued.

I don't think I ever have, in fact, complimented any model.

Sep 03 13 03:11 am  Link  Quote 
Model
Amadea T
Posts: 3,317
Columbus, Ohio, US


Jules NYC wrote:

This business leaves you very lonely.
I wouldn't say that of myself, feeling loneliness, but sometimes it just hits you so hard, man, it just blows.

Right?!?!

My friend ( oversees, we Whatsapp) and i make what we call SingleServingFriends.

On the airplane, at dinner, in a bar, etc..dude/chick sitting next to you becomes my drinking buddy/shrink/pal/offendees  (awkward lol) for the duration..

The faces of people when i tell them i DO NOT constantly hang out at cool clubs/ pool parties/stretch limos/country club with my superhot superhorny modelgirlfriends looking superbored..
I tell them it's mostly
Tired, hungry, cold and lonely...

Priceless expressions on their disillusioned little faces...

Sep 03 13 03:12 am  Link  Quote 
Photographer
aspergianLens
Posts: 1,824
Sacramento, California, US


Eurocat wrote:

Right?!?!

My friend ( oversees, we Whatsapp) and i make what we call SingleServingFriends.

On the airplane, at dinner, in a bar, etc..dude/chick sitting next to you becomes my drinking buddy/shrink/pal/offendees  (awkward lol) for the duration..

The faces of people when i tell them i DO NOT constantly hang out at cool clubs/ pool parties/stretch limos/country club with my superhot superhorny modelgirlfriends looking superbored..
I tell them it's mostly
Tired, hungry, cold and lonely...

Priceless expressions on their disillusioned little faces...

Blame Hollywood.  Their misrepresentation of modeling is almost as bad as their misrepresentation of science.

Sep 03 13 03:14 am  Link  Quote 
12last   Search   Reply



main | browse | casting/travel | forums | shout box | help | advertising | contests | share | join the mayhem

more modelmayhem on: | | | edu

©2006-2014 ModelMayhem.com. All Rights Reserved.
MODEL MAYHEM is a registered trademark.
Toggle Worksafe Mode: Off | On
Terms | Privacy | Careers