login info join!
Forums > Digital Art and Retouching > Which plug in is this? Search   Reply
Geo Leon Photography
Posts: 142
Orlando, Florida, US

I know the effect in this image is from a plug-in. Cant seem to find it though.

By the effect im referring to the Paint.

Anyone know?

http://portfoliopad.com/images/9549/619 … ge/037.jpg
Sep 03 13 09:41 am  Link  Quote 
Lars R Peterson
Posts: 1,073
Seattle, Washington, US

Gaussian blur?
Sep 03 13 09:46 am  Link  Quote 
Downtown Pro Photo
Posts: 1,548
Crystal Lake, Illinois, US

seriously doubt it's a plug in.
Looks more like using pieces of images of paint being poured and splattered to combine them up into the final look.  I do that all the time with water splashes and smoke.  The trick is to shoot the elements on opposite end backgrounds. So white elements on black and dark elements on white, then use either a screen or multiply blending mode on the layer to reduce masking time.
Sep 03 13 11:35 am  Link  Quote 
Posts: 8,622
Plainview, New York, US

It's called shooting splashes, cutting them out and then compositing them into your photo.
Sep 03 13 11:38 am  Link  Quote 
Posts: 289
London, England, United Kingdom

Maybe with plugin you mean brush presets.
Sep 03 13 01:06 pm  Link  Quote 
Posts: 381
Prague, Prague, Czech Republic

Sep 03 13 02:04 pm  Link  Quote 
Posts: 11
Nottingham, England, United Kingdom

This sort of thing, even gives you links to s few brushes

Sep 03 13 02:12 pm  Link  Quote 
  Search   Reply

main | browse | casting/travel | forums | shout box | help | advertising | contests | share | join the mayhem

more modelmayhem on: | | | edu

©2006-2014 ModelMayhem.com. All Rights Reserved.
MODEL MAYHEM is a registered trademark.
Toggle Worksafe Mode: Off | On
Terms | Privacy | Careers