login info join!
Forums > Critique > Models who "only accept paid work" let me judge... Search   Reply
123last
Photographer
Lee K
Posts: 2,411
Palatine, Illinois, US


I will tell you if you should be getting paid always, or if you're on some of that good crack.

EDIT: All models who get responses are free to attack me in any way they'd like.  Also, anyone else (photographer or otherwise) that thinks I suck, or I'm not qualified in any way to do this, feel free as well.
Sep 12 13 10:00 pm  Link  Quote 
Model
Veronika Vitkina
Posts: 241
Brooklyn, New York, US


I'll play
Sep 12 13 10:32 pm  Link  Quote 
Photographer
F O R B E S
Posts: 362
New York, New York, US


crack ^^^
Sep 12 13 10:37 pm  Link  Quote 
Photographer
Lee K
Posts: 2,411
Palatine, Illinois, US


Veronika Vitkina  wrote:
I'll play

You say "limited TFP" which realistically and probably means mostly TFP.

IF you were purely paid, I'd say you're crackin' -- but since you're not, I wont.

However, honestly when I looked through your portfolio nothing grabbed my attention.  I didn't click a single image to view it larger or move my head right up to the monitor to try and simulate that same effect.

But that's just me.  Feel free to rip apart/attack my portfolio or me personally -- you have carte blanche.

Sep 12 13 10:46 pm  Link  Quote 
Model
Marlene Potfer
Posts: 2,799
Glasgow, Scotland, United Kingdom


Ok then... I'll play too!! ^_^
Sep 13 13 12:51 am  Link  Quote 
Model
Jonny Jean
Posts: 957
Los Angeles, California, US


what if I only accept paid work so that I can keep buying crack?
Sep 13 13 01:08 am  Link  Quote 
Model
Danielle Reid
Posts: 4,340
Little Rock, Arkansas, US


I don't only do Paid assignments although I'd love to think I'm good enough. Either way, your opinion is appreciated. Thank you kindly.
Sep 13 13 01:38 am  Link  Quote 
Model
HEATHER 19
Posts: 1,156
Boston, Massachusetts, US


playing
Sep 13 13 03:20 am  Link  Quote 
Photographer
Lee K
Posts: 2,411
Palatine, Illinois, US


Marlene Potfer wrote:
Ok then... I'll play too!! ^_^

Crackin hard.



You have my permission to attack my portfolio/opinion. smile

Sep 13 13 06:17 am  Link  Quote 
Photographer
Lee K
Posts: 2,411
Palatine, Illinois, US


Danielle Reid wrote:
I don't only do Paid assignments although I'd love to think I'm good enough. Either way, your opinion is appreciated. Thank you kindly.

The type of work you seem to want to get into makes it hard to respond because it's not exactly the kind of model I was looking for, but I will say this -- you need to work with better photographers.

Sep 13 13 06:19 am  Link  Quote 
Photographer
Lee K
Posts: 2,411
Palatine, Illinois, US


HEATHER 19 wrote:
playing

I can tell you're not going to like this, but no.

Feel free to respond back negatively.

Sep 13 13 06:23 am  Link  Quote 
Photographer
Lee K
Posts: 2,411
Palatine, Illinois, US


Jonny Jean wrote:
what if I only accept paid work so that I can keep buying crack?

You actually have some stuff I really like in your portfolio and are the best model so far in this thread.  I'd still say you're crackin' though if you truly only accepted paid work.

Sep 13 13 06:28 am  Link  Quote 
Model
MissLaurelle
Posts: 3,532
Montreal, Quebec, Canada


Hmm?
Sep 13 13 06:58 am  Link  Quote 
Photographer
Lee K
Posts: 2,411
Palatine, Illinois, US


MissLaurelle wrote:
Hmm?

Not crackin, only smoking the occasional cigarette.

Now enjoy your new ego.

Sep 13 13 07:09 am  Link  Quote 
Model
Danielle Reid
Posts: 4,340
Little Rock, Arkansas, US


Lee K wrote:

The type of work you seem to want to get into makes it hard to respond because it's not exactly the kind of model I was looking for, but I will say this -- you need to work with better photographers.

That's fair smile

Sep 13 13 07:35 am  Link  Quote 
Model
Marlene Potfer
Posts: 2,799
Glasgow, Scotland, United Kingdom


Lee K wrote:

Crackin hard.



You have my permission to attack my portfolio/opinion. smile

Oh.. I'm cracking... ''hard'' lol oh well...
Even though I have your permission, I just can't attack your portfolio because I find your work amazing! That's why I posted in your critic thread! wink

Sep 13 13 07:59 am  Link  Quote 
Model
Ashley R Ann
Posts: 90
Covington, Georgia, US


I've never done a paid shoot i've only done a few shoots, I'm new, but I'd like to think I'm good enough to be paid... someday... soon...maybe?
Sep 13 13 08:24 am  Link  Quote 
Model
E L I N
Posts: 199
Montreal, Quebec, Canada


I'm in.
Sep 13 13 08:28 am  Link  Quote 
Model
Casey Phillips
Posts: 52
Ottawa, Ontario, Canada


I'd like feedback too smile
Sep 13 13 08:33 am  Link  Quote 
Model
W I L L O W
Posts: 343
Portland, Oregon, US


I want in!!
Sep 13 13 09:04 am  Link  Quote 
Model
NicoleNudes
Posts: 3,860
Toronto, Ontario, Canada


Sure
Sep 13 13 09:05 am  Link  Quote 
Photographer
Lee K
Posts: 2,411
Palatine, Illinois, US


W I L L O W wrote:
I want in!!

You have a good look and some decent shots.  I wouldn't say paid only, but the occasional paid assignment makes sense for you.  If you were to say "paid assignments only, no exceptions" on your profile, my response would be far more negative.

I think better photographers would be necessary to unleash your full potential.

I'd definitely work with you and change the world.

Sep 13 13 09:24 am  Link  Quote 
Model
Katie Gradie
Posts: 94
Portland, Maine, US


I'll play smile
Sep 13 13 09:24 am  Link  Quote 
Photographer
Lee K
Posts: 2,411
Palatine, Illinois, US


Casey   Phillips wrote:
I'd like feedback too smile

I see nothing about paid assignments on your profile, so you need to be far more cocky for me to respond in the nature of this thread.  Sorry.

Sep 13 13 09:25 am  Link  Quote 
Photographer
Lee K
Posts: 2,411
Palatine, Illinois, US


NicoleNudes wrote:
Sure

For a nude model, you work out as someone who can go for pay always.  It's your choice to do that obviously, and you will definitely limit the quality of photographers you can work with based on that.  I would not pay you for instance, but you definitely have gotten some decent photographers to shoot you and have produced some great stuff (amazing no, but not just good, great). 

Now did they all pay you, realistically?  Probably not.  But anything you got paid for, I think you rightfully deserved, because your look is great, and you definitely do a exceptional job with what you have.

PS. I like how you complemented me on one of my pictures right before your critique.  Interesting tactic.  ;-P

Sep 13 13 09:28 am  Link  Quote 
Model
Veronika Vitkina
Posts: 241
Brooklyn, New York, US


Lee K wrote:

You say "limited TFP" which realistically and probably means mostly TFP.

IF you were purely paid, I'd say you're crackin' -- but since you're not, I wont.

However, honestly when I looked through your portfolio nothing grabbed my attention.  I didn't click a single image to view it larger or move my head right up to the monitor to try and simulate that same effect.

But that's just me.  Feel free to rip apart/attack my portfolio or me personally -- you have carte blanche.

Thank you for your honesty. When i say "limited TFP" it means i'm very very selective and accept maybe 10% TFP work.

Sep 13 13 09:29 am  Link  Quote 
Model
Tracii Taylor
Posts: 2,176
Bordentown, New Jersey, US


I'll play.
Sep 13 13 09:33 am  Link  Quote 
Photographer
Lee K
Posts: 2,411
Palatine, Illinois, US


Katie Gradie wrote:
I'll play smile

This is the exact type of profile I've been waiting for...

"My rates are currently $100/hr  $300/half day $600/full day. my rates are negotiable within reason. I will work with multiple photographers so you can split up the cost.  I'm available for a wide variety of work, including some fetish work and art nudes.
fly me to you and I'll do a half-day free."

I think for nudes, just like NicoleNudes, you deserve to be paid when the opportunity presents itself.  Although I definitely do see her as a higher caliber nude model.  Some of the stuff in your port is terrifyingly bad and really brings down the entire look and cheapens your "brand."

Your rates listed on your page however are laughable.  I'd be willing to bet that you "negotiate" almost always to a considerably lower price. 

You list modeling as your full time job, and there's nothing more crackin than that.  Sorry.  I wouldn't be surprised if the average Chipotle employee makes more than you do modeling.  They work much more than you do, but still.  I'd be willing to bet you could have an actual job in addition to your modeling.  I have to question why you wouldn't.

Respond as negatively as you'd like.

Sep 13 13 09:34 am  Link  Quote 
Model
E L I N
Posts: 199
Montreal, Quebec, Canada


Skipped sad
Sep 13 13 09:35 am  Link  Quote 
Photographer
Lee K
Posts: 2,411
Palatine, Illinois, US


E L I N wrote:
Skipped sad

"No TF at the moment" is the closest thing you have to "paid only" on your profile.  But this could be due to a super busy schedule with whatever else you have going on in your life or something.

I don't get the "paid only no exceptions" vibe from your profile at all.

But if so, crackin heavily.  No way.

Sep 13 13 09:37 am  Link  Quote 
Model
Breanna Baker
Posts: 169
Los Angeles, California, US


I pay, and I am paid.
Sep 13 13 09:38 am  Link  Quote 
Photographer
Lee K
Posts: 2,411
Palatine, Illinois, US


Breanna Baker wrote:
I pay, and I am paid.

waht.

Sep 13 13 09:40 am  Link  Quote 
Model
Katie Gradie
Posts: 94
Portland, Maine, US


Lee K wrote:

This is the exact type of profile I've been waiting for...

"My rates are currently $100/hr  $300/half day $600/full day. my rates are negotiable within reason. I will work with multiple photographers so you can split up the cost.  I'm available for a wide variety of work, including some fetish work and art nudes.
fly me to you and I'll do a half-day free."

I think for nudes, just like NicoleNudes, you deserve to be paid when the opportunity presents itself.  Although I definitely do see her as a higher caliber nude model.  Some of the stuff in your port is terrifyingly bad and really brings down the entire look and cheapens your "brand."

Your rates listed on your page however are laughable.  I'd be willing to bet that you "negotiate" almost always to a considerably lower price. 

You list modeling as your full time job, and there's nothing more crackin than that.  Sorry.  I wouldn't be surprised if the average Chipotle employee makes more than you do modeling.  They work much more than you do, but still.  I'd be willing to bet you could have an actual job in addition to your modeling.  I have to question why you wouldn't.

Respond as negatively as you'd like.

I won't argue with you, I could have a day job if I chose to. In the winter months I work part time, the rest I'm traveling and doing what I love.  As of recently most photographers choose my half day rate.

Thanks for playing smile

Sep 13 13 09:40 am  Link  Quote 
Photographer
Lee K
Posts: 2,411
Palatine, Illinois, US


Tracii Taylor wrote:
I'll play.

Crackin.

Sep 13 13 09:44 am  Link  Quote 
Model
Tracii Taylor
Posts: 2,176
Bordentown, New Jersey, US


Lee K wrote:

Crackin.

Thanks for your feedback.

Sep 13 13 09:45 am  Link  Quote 
Model
Ashley R Ann
Posts: 90
Covington, Georgia, US


Skipped me.
Sep 13 13 11:04 am  Link  Quote 
Model
NicoleNudes
Posts: 3,860
Toronto, Ontario, Canada


Lee K wrote:

For a nude model, you work out as someone who can go for pay always.  It's your choice to do that obviously, and you will definitely limit the quality of photographers you can work with based on that.  I would not pay you for instance, but you definitely have gotten some decent photographers to shoot you and have produced some great stuff (amazing no, but not just good, great). 

Now did they all pay you, realistically?  Probably not.  But anything you got paid for, I think you rightfully deserved, because your look is great, and you definitely do a exceptional job with what you have.

PS. I like how you complemented me on one of my pictures right before your critique.  Interesting tactic.  ;-P

Thanks smile

I liked your avi so I took a look at your work - and happened to like that image.
It wasn't to butter you up haha.

Sep 13 13 11:48 am  Link  Quote 
Model
E L I N
Posts: 199
Montreal, Quebec, Canada


Lee K wrote:

"No TF at the moment" is the closest thing you have to "paid only" on your profile.  But this could be due to a super busy schedule with whatever else you have going on in your life or something.

I don't get the "paid only no exceptions" vibe from your profile at all.

But if so, crackin heavily.  No way.

I still do TF and will always do if I have the time. Most of my shoots are paid now, but I would never put paid assignments only on my profile. Right on!

Sep 13 13 12:38 pm  Link  Quote 
Model
Tamasha Sayidana
Posts: 15
Washington, District of Columbia, US


I'd like to know! I haven't done any paid shoots, but I would like to in the future...
Sep 13 13 02:59 pm  Link  Quote 
Photographer
Lee K
Posts: 2,411
Palatine, Illinois, US


Ashley Kirby wrote:
Skipped me.

Honestly, you need to try and replace your entire portfolio.  You should be paying photographers.  Really really good ones though obviously.

Sorry baby girl.

Sep 13 13 05:19 pm  Link  Quote 
123last   Search   Reply