login info join!
Forums > Off-Topic Discussion > People standing in front holding up a giant Search   Reply
Photographer
Schlake
Posts: 2,254
Socorro, New Mexico, US


https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-zK5TzJ6ouYI/UjT4DAjlsrI/AAAAAAAAWUw/_C_0-JR7zTI/s640/2013-09-14-ea0v1062.jpg

That thing makes an ipad look small.
Sep 14 13 05:01 pm  Link  Quote 
Photographer
Caradoc
Posts: 19,528
Scottsdale, Arizona, US


Looks like a RED.
Sep 14 13 08:48 pm  Link  Quote 
Photographer
Hikari Tech Photography
Posts: 791
Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada


ARMS OF STEEL!!!

How long was he holding that up without camera shake being noticeable?
Sep 15 13 02:01 am  Link  Quote 
Photographer
Hikari Tech Photography
Posts: 791
Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada


Schlake wrote:
That thing makes an ipad look small.

FYI, an ipad is small if you're a *normal sized* adult male. wink

Sep 15 13 02:04 am  Link  Quote 
Photographer
Schlake
Posts: 2,254
Socorro, New Mexico, US


Caradoc wrote:
Looks like a RED.

It was a RED.  I have no idea who he was, but they showed up at the pie eating competition in Pie Town New Mexico, then left as soon as it was done.

Sep 15 13 05:19 am  Link  Quote 
Photographer
Schlake
Posts: 2,254
Socorro, New Mexico, US


de BUEN PHOTOGRAPHY wrote:
ARMS OF STEEL!!!

How long was he holding that up without camera shake being noticeable?

He only did that for bout 30 seconds.

Sep 15 13 05:20 am  Link  Quote 
Photographer
Hikari Tech Photography
Posts: 791
Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada


Must have been using quite a wide angle as the french flag on the matte box is tilted up a tad, no?
Sep 15 13 06:05 pm  Link  Quote 
Photographer
Schlake
Posts: 2,254
Socorro, New Mexico, US


de BUEN PHOTOGRAPHY wrote:
Must have been using quite a wide angle as the french flag on the matte box is tilted up a tad, no?

It looked like he had a Nikon lens mounted, and I'm not good at identifying those, so I don't know what it was.

Sep 15 13 06:09 pm  Link  Quote 
Photographer
Hikari Tech Photography
Posts: 791
Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada


Schlake wrote:

It looked like he had a Nikon lens mounted, and I'm not good at identifying those, so I don't know what it was.

Oh, so he had the matte box (the greyish) box that has the french flag (black plate) connected to it mounted to the lens and not 15mm rods? Not a fan of mounting a matte box that way and you'd figure with a setup like that he'd have the base and 15mm rods to support the matte box. Hmmm.

Sep 15 13 06:15 pm  Link  Quote 
Photographer
Schlake
Posts: 2,254
Socorro, New Mexico, US


de BUEN PHOTOGRAPHY wrote:
Oh, so he had the matte box (the greyish) box that has the french flag (black plate) connected to it mounted to the lens and not 15mm rods? Not a fan of mounting a matte box that way and you'd figure with a setup like that he'd have the base and 15mm rods to support the matte box. Hmmm.

No, the flag was on rods.  I'm just saying I don't know how wide the lens was because I couldn't identify it.

Sep 15 13 06:16 pm  Link  Quote 
Photographer
MKPhoto
Posts: 5,664
Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada


At first I though it was a 4x5 Cambo wink That would be a surprise.
Sep 15 13 06:20 pm  Link  Quote 
Photographer
Hikari Tech Photography
Posts: 791
Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada


Schlake wrote:

No, the flag was on rods.  I'm just saying I don't know how wide the lens was because I couldn't identify it.

Ahh, gotcha.

Sep 15 13 06:29 pm  Link  Quote 
Photographer
Schlake
Posts: 2,254
Socorro, New Mexico, US


A view from the other side: http://vimeo.com/87525403
Feb 25 14 06:50 am  Link  Quote 
  Search   Reply



main | browse | casting/travel | forums | shout box | help | advertising | contests | share | join the mayhem

more modelmayhem on: | | | edu

©2006-2014 ModelMayhem.com. All Rights Reserved.
MODEL MAYHEM is a registered trademark.
Toggle Worksafe Mode: Off | On
Terms | Privacy | Careers