login info join!
Forums > Hair, Makeup & Styling > Favorite foundation application tool/method Search   Reply
Makeup Artist
Luxe Looks April
Posts: 43
Los Angeles, California, US


My favorite foundation brush, like so much of a shampoo that stops "working", I'm starting to question, and am road testing other options. What's your go-to: traditional/flat foundation brush, stippling brush, Beauty Blender, Real Techniques brush, good ole fashioned wedge sponge...what say you? I prefer cream and stick foundations by the way.
Sep 15 13 05:13 pm  Link  Quote 
Makeup Artist
Makeup Hair by Dani B
Posts: 717
Seattle, Washington, US


Totally depends on the finished look I want in the end. And my mood.smile
Sep 15 13 06:29 pm  Link  Quote 
Makeup Artist
Luxe Looks April
Posts: 43
Los Angeles, California, US


Makeup by Dani B wrote:
Totally depends on the finished look I want in the end. And my mood.smile

For example...(yeah I'm pushy...but harmless wink)

Sep 15 13 06:51 pm  Link  Quote 
Makeup Artist
sweetcheekscouture
Posts: 376
West Palm Beach, Florida, US


My favorite tool for applying foundation is a Beauty Blender. I use liquids and creme foundations mostly.

I love my Beauty Blender
Sep 15 13 06:58 pm  Link  Quote 
Makeup Artist
ThirdEyeMakeup
Posts: 299
Los Angeles, California, US


Right now I'm pretty fond of:

-A round domed brush (like the real techniques brush) that is on the stiff side and a cream foundation - I buff the foundation on in a circular motion and get the most coverage this way.
-a fluffy synthetic "airbrush" foundation brush (like the Sephora pro 55 airbrush) and a liquid foundation - I crosshatch or 'whip' the foundation on for a light to medium coverage.

I like the beauty blender too, but right now i'm more into brushes and 'working the product in'.

I rarely use a traditional flat foundation brush unless I need to blend concealer around the eyes or nose area.
Sep 15 13 07:04 pm  Link  Quote 
Makeup Artist
Veronica Fensel
Posts: 2
Houston, Texas, US


This is my current favorite method, though I do love experimenting with new techniques/tools.

I use a flat foundation brush to place the base color (matching skin) as well as the highlight and contour colors (all using cream foundation). Then I buff in and blend all the colors together with a dense brush like the sigma flat kabuki. This works well on everyone so far with the exception of people with extremely dry flaky skin, in which case I just use a damp sponge (I like the ones from CRC) to gently press and blend the foundation on the skin.
Sep 15 13 10:14 pm  Link  Quote 
Makeup Artist
Luxe Looks April
Posts: 43
Los Angeles, California, US


Veronica Fensel wrote:
This is my current favorite method, though I do love experimenting with new techniques/tools.

I use a flat foundation brush to place the base color (matching skin) as well as the highlight and contour colors (all using cream foundation). Then I buff in and blend all the colors together with a dense brush like the sigma flat kabuki. This works well on everyone so far with the exception of people with extremely dry flaky skin, in which case I just use a damp sponge (I like the ones from CRC) to gently press and blend the foundation on the skin.

I have seen this technique but have yet to attempt it. Keep meaning to. When first applied, it looks like it should be a disaster but the result is always flawless!

Sep 15 13 11:20 pm  Link  Quote 
Model
chasingKelly
Posts: 95
Stanton, California, US


sweetcheekscouture wrote:
My favorite tool for applying foundation is a Beauty Blender. I use liquids and creme foundations mostly.

I love my Beauty Blender

This!

Sep 16 13 01:42 am  Link  Quote 
Makeup Artist
War Paint
Posts: 385
Los Angeles, California, US


Beauty blender is my favorite also wink
Sep 17 13 07:42 am  Link  Quote 
  Search   Reply



main | browse | casting/travel | forums | shout box | help | advertising | contests | share | join the mayhem

more modelmayhem on: | | | edu

©2006-2014 ModelMayhem.com. All Rights Reserved.
MODEL MAYHEM is a registered trademark.
Toggle Worksafe Mode: Off | On
Terms | Privacy | Careers