login info join!
Forums > Off-Topic Discussion > Sigourney Weaver's Alien Panties! Search   Reply
12last
Photographer
Gary Melton
Posts: 6,391
Dallas, Texas, US


Any guy who has ever seen the movie Alien is quite familiar with the sequence at the end where Sigourney Weaver is wearing the smallest bikini panties in the history of the universe.  It looks great - I'm not complaining - but give me a break, what sense did it make?

I know, it was simply a device used by the movie makers to get males in the theater - but who can come up with the most inventive reason she was actually wearing them?  Was panty material REALLY expensive then?  Was she actually some kind of fetish model?  Did she lose a bet?

Let's hear your most inventive explanations!
Dec 09 06 07:16 am  Link  Quote 
Photographer
Jim Ball
Posts: 17,189
Frontenac, Kansas, US


It's been a while since I watched Alien, but IIRC, she was getting ready to enter a hibernation pod to make the long journey home.  At the beginning of the movie, when the crew was awakened early from deep sleep by the distress call, they were all wearing only their skivvies in the pods.  Wearing clothing in bed for an extended period of time would cause skin irritation.  for complete realism, she should have been totally nude.
Dec 09 06 07:24 am  Link  Quote 
Photographer
Gary Blanchette
Posts: 5,075
Irvine, California, US


This thread is just no good without a picture... big_smile
Dec 09 06 07:37 am  Link  Quote 
Photographer
Gary Melton
Posts: 6,391
Dallas, Texas, US


GLB Graphics wrote:
This thread is just no good without a picture... big_smile

You are totally right - I've searched the internet and can't find one however.  'Sorry!

Dec 09 06 07:46 am  Link  Quote 
Photographer
David Allen Smith
Posts: 3,055
Fayetteville, North Carolina, US


You didn't look very hard


http://celebrity.com.ne.kr/weaver/alien-pic1/a1-003.jpg

http://men.style.com/slideshows/mens/standalone/gq/feature/0205/goldenGlobes360/00002h.jpg

http://www.sheenafilm.de/alien_01.jpg
Dec 09 06 08:08 am  Link  Quote 
Photographer
David Allen Smith
Posts: 3,055
Fayetteville, North Carolina, US


And now for my answer...


It's obvious really.



That Alien had acid for blood, and she didn't want to ruin her new dress.
Dec 09 06 08:10 am  Link  Quote 
Photographer
Legacys 7
Posts: 33,821
San Francisco, California, US


Imo,

I think that some of this had to deal with the style of the movie. The movie takes place in the 25th or 26th century, the pantie style kind of fits Gigger's industrial futuristic look. Something that I can see in comic books.
Dec 09 06 08:18 am  Link  Quote 
Photographer
Mr Maki
Posts: 633
Tallahassee, Florida, US


i watched that over & over when it hit VHS..... but you gotta remember i was born in 1969 so I was at the mercy of my harmones

Maybe that was her most comfy set of undies?  i mean, your gonna sleeep in 'em for six months!   they have gotta be comfy:)
Dec 09 06 08:31 am  Link  Quote 
Photographer
Gary Melton
Posts: 6,391
Dallas, Texas, US


Okay - what about this: in the future when this took place, women were taxed based on the size of their panties - the smaller the panties, the smaller the tax!
(Hey - the dutch once taxed homes in Amsterdam based on the number of steps leading up to the front door!)
Dec 09 06 09:20 am  Link  Quote 
Photographer
Gary Melton
Posts: 6,391
Dallas, Texas, US


David Allen Smith wrote:
You didn't look very hard


http://celebrity.com.ne.kr/weaver/alien-pic1/a1-003.jpg

http://men.style.com/slideshows/mens/standalone/gq/feature/0205/goldenGlobes360/00002h.jpg

http://www.sheenafilm.de/alien_01.jpg

Thanks for finding the photos!

Dec 09 06 09:22 am  Link  Quote 
Photographer
Lotus Photography
Posts: 19,253
Berkeley, California, US


guys have an instinct to rescue women in distress, they were making sure you were involved
Dec 09 06 09:35 am  Link  Quote 
Photographer
wishingtree photography
Posts: 1,042
New Orleans, Louisiana, US


it's great to see the photos, though i can vividly picture them in my mind even though i have not seen the movie in years!
Dec 09 06 09:58 am  Link  Quote 
Photographer
Eric Haywood
Posts: 8,247


Gary Melton wrote:
Let's hear your most inventive explanations!

My theory: large underwear tend to ride up your butt when you put on your space suit.  So small panties = no wedgies.

Dec 09 06 11:52 am  Link  Quote 
Photographer
FYH Photography
Posts: 459
Santa Clara, California, US


I always wonder about guys who question these things

.... as if they're scandalous or something.   

They are things to be celebrated .... not condemned.  Beautiful actresses wearing tiny panties ... I'm scandalized!

I swear, there are some guys on MM who I really think are Little old ladies wearing Victorian dresses with a really thick Bible on their laps, masquerading as male photographers......

"Was it ..... Satan?"   

wink
Dec 09 06 01:10 pm  Link  Quote 
Photographer
Vivus Hussein Denuo
Posts: 64,120
New York, New York, US


I've seen other threads on that scene.  Seems to be the most memorable scene in the movie - for guys.  smile  I'm sure it jolted a lot of young male sci-fi fans right into puberty.  smile
Dec 09 06 01:16 pm  Link  Quote 
Photographer
FosbreStudios
Posts: 3,607
Medford, New Jersey, US


Gary Melton wrote:

Thanks for finding the photos!

Wonder what she looks like now   wink

Dec 09 06 01:23 pm  Link  Quote 
Photographer
Image K
Posts: 23,366
Las Vegas, Nevada, US


Vivus Denuo wrote:
I've seen other threads on that scene.  Seems to be the most memorable scene in the movie - for guys.  smile  I'm sure it jolted a lot of young male sci-fi fans right into puberty.  smile

Yeah...

I was 15 when that movie came out.

For a few weeks after, my mother couldn't understand why my visits to the bathroom were taking so long...

Dec 09 06 01:25 pm  Link  Quote 
Photographer
Vivus Hussein Denuo
Posts: 64,120
New York, New York, US


Image K wrote:

Yeah...

I was 15 when that movie came out.

For a few weeks after, my mother couldn't understand why my visits to the bathroom were taking so long...

Poor James Cameron.  He directed this terrific sequel to Alien - some say better than the original - and all people remember is Sigourney Weaver in her panties.  smile

Dec 09 06 01:29 pm  Link  Quote 
Photographer
Image K
Posts: 23,366
Las Vegas, Nevada, US


Vivus Denuo wrote:

Poor James Cameron.  He directed this terrific sequel to Alien - some say better than the original - and all people remember is Sigourney Weaver in her panties.  smile

Aliens is still one of my favorite films.

But there could have been at least one or two more gratuitous panty shots in it to keep it interesting...

Dec 09 06 01:32 pm  Link  Quote 
Photographer
Vivus Hussein Denuo
Posts: 64,120
New York, New York, US


Image K wrote:

Aliens is still one of my favorite films.

But there could have been at least one or two more gratuitous panty shots in it to keep it interesting...

LOL.  Me, too, both Alien and Aliens are faves of mine.  Ridley Scott's Alien was very influential in sci-fi filmdom.  Many sci-fi movies copy the style of Alien:  Everything from the tough woman in a military-style t-shirt to the (unscientific) low, droning rumble as the huge space ship moves slowly past the camera in space.

And yes, more gratuitous panty shots improve any movie.  smile

Dec 09 06 01:50 pm  Link  Quote 
Photographer
Image K
Posts: 23,366
Las Vegas, Nevada, US


Vivus Denuo wrote:

LOL.  Me, too, both Alien and Aliens are faves of mine.  Ridley Scott's Alien was very influential in sci-fi filmdom.  Many sci-fi movies copy the style of Alien:  Everything from the tough woman in a military-style t-shirt to the (unscientific) low, droning rumble as the huge space ship moves slowly past the camera in space.

And yes, more gratuitous panty shots improve any movie.  smile

Alien 3 - disappointing. Did they have to kill off Hicks and the little girl?

Alien Resurrection - two hours of my life that I can't have back.

Dec 09 06 01:58 pm  Link  Quote 
Model
Idaho
Posts: 1,271
Colorado Springs, Colorado, US


They're not that small. sad
Dec 09 06 02:10 pm  Link  Quote 
Photographer
David Allen Smith
Posts: 3,055
Fayetteville, North Carolina, US


Gary Melton wrote:
Thanks for finding the photos!

The pleasure was all mine smile

Dec 09 06 02:17 pm  Link  Quote 
Photographer
Vivus Hussein Denuo
Posts: 64,120
New York, New York, US


Image K wrote:

Alien 3 - disappointing. Did they have to kill off Hicks and the little girl?

Alien Resurrection - two hours of my life that I can't have back.

Yeah, the quality dropped off sharply after Aliens.

Dec 09 06 03:23 pm  Link  Quote 
Model
Briene Smith
Posts: 1,407
Chicago, Illinois, US


I never really noticed how small them damn things were....
Dec 09 06 03:28 pm  Link  Quote 
Photographer
Gary Melton
Posts: 6,391
Dallas, Texas, US


Idaho Edokpayi wrote:
They're not that small. sad

Well...you have to see the rear view of them to appreciate how incredibly small they are.  I agree that they look pretty average size from the front!

Dec 09 06 04:15 pm  Link  Quote 
Photographer
Vivus Hussein Denuo
Posts: 64,120
New York, New York, US


Gary Melton wrote:

Well...you have to see the rear view of them to appreciate how incredibly small they are.  I agree that they look pretty average size from the front!

They're cut low.

Dec 09 06 04:19 pm  Link  Quote 
guide forum
Photographer
studio36uk
Posts: 21,776
Tavai, Sigave, Wallis and Futuna


Legacys 7 wrote:
Imo,

I think that some of this had to deal with the style of the movie. The movie takes place in the 25th or 26th century, the pantie style kind of fits Gigger's industrial futuristic look. Something that I can see in comic books.

Just goes to prove that even in 25th century America you wouldn't be able see someone that sleeps in the nude depicted in a movie.

Studio36

Dec 09 06 04:45 pm  Link  Quote 
Photographer
Image K
Posts: 23,366
Las Vegas, Nevada, US


can't let this thread die...

http://www.ownedirl.com/bump38509qr4.gif
Dec 09 06 07:56 pm  Link  Quote 
Model
Idaho
Posts: 1,271
Colorado Springs, Colorado, US


Gary Melton wrote:

Well...you have to see the rear view of them to appreciate how incredibly small they are.  I agree that they look pretty average size from the front!

Well then post a picture of the rear view...

Dec 09 06 08:03 pm  Link  Quote 
Photographer
Image K
Posts: 23,366
Las Vegas, Nevada, US


Idaho Edokpayi wrote:

Well then post a picture of the rear view...

It would have been better if Ripley was a black chick...

We would have been lookin' at some serious crack...

Dec 09 06 08:06 pm  Link  Quote 
Model
Idaho
Posts: 1,271
Colorado Springs, Colorado, US


Image K wrote:

It would have been better if Ripley was a black chick...

We would have been lookin' at some serious crack...

Hey, there is always the possibility of a remake.

Dec 09 06 08:07 pm  Link  Quote 
Photographer
Gary Melton
Posts: 6,391
Dallas, Texas, US


Idaho Edokpayi wrote:
Well then post a picture of the rear view...

I've searched the internet and couldn't find any rear-view pics, so I loaded my VHS copy on my VCR and took the following pic from the TV screen:

http://www.throughgaryseyes.com/sitebuilder/images/Alienpanties-600x587.jpg

They still don't look so tiny in a photo - you have to see the movie to really appreciate how small they are (I think it has to do with her long, lean body).

Dec 10 06 08:33 am  Link  Quote 
Photographer
ClassicHorror
Posts: 4,144
Spartanburg, South Carolina, US


Gonna reveal a secret to ya, guys!!

Probably the same reason so many movies have the obligatory "hootie" scene which in no way has anything to do with the story and can easily be cut out for TV.

To absolutely insure an "R" rating.

"PG -13" is the kiss of death at the box office.
Dec 10 06 08:41 am  Link  Quote 
Photographer
Jim Ball
Posts: 17,189
Frontenac, Kansas, US


ClassicHorror wrote:
Gonna reveal a secret to ya, guys!!

Probably the same reason so many movies have the obligatory "hootie" scene which in no way has anything to do with the story and can easily be cut out for TV.

To absolutely insure an "R" rating.

"PG -13" is the kiss of death at the box office.

I would amend that to say "PG-13 + mediocre production & plot is the kiss of death."

I can think of quite a few major blockbusters that are only PG-13.

Dec 10 06 08:52 am  Link  Quote 
Photographer
aesthetix photo
Posts: 10,554
Federal Way, Washington, US


Legacys 7 wrote:
The movie takes place in the 25th or 26th century, the pantie style kind of fits Gigger's industrial futuristic look.

If Giger had designed those panties, they would have been made from miniature mutant babies with their eyes sewn shut, masturbating with revolvers, and every orgasm would have fired a bullet straight through their brain.

Then again, I love Giger so I wouldn't have complained had he done that.

Dec 10 06 09:14 am  Link  Quote 
Photographer
aesthetix photo
Posts: 10,554
Federal Way, Washington, US


Image K wrote:

It would have been better if Ripley was a black chick...

The thought of spinner rims on the Nostromo is disturbing.  Very disturbing.

"Escalade??  Motherfucker, I drive a CM-88B Juggernaut-class starfreighter with a Laratel WF-15 fusion reactor under the hood.  Recognize, bitch!"

Is Spike Lee planning a remake of Alien anytime soon?

Dec 10 06 09:21 am  Link  Quote 
Photographer
Dave Krueger
Posts: 2,851
Huntsville, Alabama, US


Gary Melton wrote:
...but who can come up with the most inventive reason she was actually wearing them?

Well, at the time, I didn't think the panties were necessary at all, but no one ever fuckin' listens to me.

Dec 10 06 09:45 am  Link  Quote 
Photographer
Gary Melton
Posts: 6,391
Dallas, Texas, US


Okay - here's another theory: they were the 25th century version of a nicotine patch!
Dec 10 06 10:20 am  Link  Quote 
Photographer
Eric Haywood
Posts: 8,247


Surreal Eye Studio wrote:

The thought of spinner rims on the Nostromo is disturbing.  Very disturbing.

"Escalade??  Motherfucker, I drive a CM-88B Juggernaut-class starfreighter with a Laratel WF-15 fusion reactor under the hood.  Recognize, bitch!"

Is Spike Lee planning a remake of Alien anytime soon?

How did this turn into a thread about race jokes?

Dec 10 06 11:07 am  Link  Quote 
12last   Search   Reply