Michael N PPhotographer Male Roseville, California, US
My Website: Fine Art America GalleryMy MM URL: http://www.modelmayhem.com/zarnill
Mayhem # 3271328
My goal is to record beauty. I seek out the beauty in people, objects and nature to capture precious moments. I shoot photos for the joy of creating beautiful images. When I meet a model I am looking for someone who has energy, passion and a like-minded interest in art.
My philosophy is photographers capture light, computer artists write pixels and I respect both forms of art. If I have to use more than Lightroom to adjust the photo I consider it a failure. Photoshop is a last resort that I use probably two to three times a year. I want to capture life not artificially digitize it. My portfolio has images of models that have been painted, have light projected on them etc. but almost never edited in Photoshop; what you see is what was shot.
I have no interest in pornography or images that make women look like chattel. For the safety of all participants I prefer to meet in advance. I will scout locations in advance of a shoot with rare exception. I don't pay hourly rates for travel. I have a preference for a natural look with minimal tattoos. Inaccurate MM descriptions (tattoos, piercings, height, weight etc..) can lead to cancellations with no pay because wardrobe may not fit, look can be wrong etc... I do shoot people with tattoos but not often. Tattoos always have a theme and that theme may not be compatible with the look or theme I am after. The more tattoos, the more 'inked themes' the less compatibility with the potential work. If a client wants turn of the century corsets a flaming skull on the neck simply isn't going to work.
1. Model Safety Comes FIRST. I don't touch the models without clear permission.
2. If a model says “no” then the answer is “no” (really simple). I will never try to 'manipulate' any participant of a shoot to do something they don't want to do.
3. I have the right to cancel shoots on the spot if the model misrepresented themselves on MM or in any communication without pay.
4. A vision of the shoot will be discussed in advance so there are no “surprises” for either of us.
5. Models have the right to read the release form before the shoot.
6. Models can always bring an escort to a shoot even if it is to sit outside the studio and wait.
7. If you don't respond to a message I send you without good reason I will not hire you in the future and will de-friend.
MM Safety Post: http://modelmayhem.com/education/modeli … mpaign=edu
Have you worked with Michael N P? Add Credits for Michael N P! >>
"Michael is extremely professional, easy to work with and very creative. I am so happy with the images we created, and would love to work together again!"
"It was pleasure working with Michael and his entire team. They were all easy to work with, professional and respectful. I look forward to next time and thank you for all the help! "
"Michael was kind, courteous, and respectful throughout the day. It was a pleasure working with him. "
"Fantastic photographer! I love Michael's photos I think they are fantastic. Thank you!"
Some of the fabulous artists I have worked with:
http://www.modelmayhem.com/3633163 (Genevieve Hampton)
(many more but I don't have their MM contacts)