This thread was locked on 2008-10-21 19:26:22
Forums > General Industry > In praise of MATURE MODELS

Photographer

DRL - Toshima-bijin

Austin, Texas, US

Let's hear it for MATURE MODELS. 

Mature models have a sensuality that comes with age, wisdom, and confidence; and this sensuality comes through in their images. 

I find that mature models are willing to experiment with poses and locations in the name of developing artistic images.  That explains why mature models have portfolios with a variety of images that go beyond straight portraits.

Finally, it is my experience that mature models are punctual, courteous, and a pleasure to work with. 

So a tip of the lens cap to mature models.
I wish there were more of them.

Doug
Toshima⋅bijin / DRL

Apr 01 07 01:00 pm Link

Model

LanaV

Los Angeles, California, US

LanaV is there @ 43!

Apr 01 07 01:03 pm Link

Photographer

Moraxian

Germantown, Maryland, US

Amen!  Several of the best models I've worked with are over 40!  smile

Apr 01 07 01:10 pm Link

Model

SsinUrn

Virginia Beach, Virginia, US

hey now.... some of us young-uns can be mature and responsible too

Apr 01 07 01:13 pm Link

Photographer

Larry Brown Camera

Atlantic Beach, Florida, US

I favor mature models smile

Apr 01 07 01:14 pm Link

Photographer

DRL - Toshima-bijin

Austin, Texas, US

LanaV wrote:
LanaV is there @ 43!

Lana, you are an outstanding example of combined sensuality and sexuality that only comes with age.

Keep the flame alive.

Doug
Toshima⋅bijin / DRL

Apr 01 07 01:15 pm Link

Model

DELETE ACCOUNT

Eškašem, Badakhshan, Afghanistan

Thank you, kindly, Texas - right back atcha!

Kathy Jean, 42

Apr 01 07 01:20 pm Link

Photographer

Natas Vandele

I love mentally mature models.

Apr 01 07 01:23 pm Link

Model

LanaV

Los Angeles, California, US

Ageless Beauty wrote:

Lana, you are an outstanding example of combined sensuality and sexuality that only comes with age.

Keep the flame alive.

Thank you!

Apr 01 07 03:08 pm Link

Model

CagedGypsy

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, US

I love these threads. I'm only now finally getting to do some work. Everyone is waiting on the warm weather. Perhaps it's a Pittsburgh thing.

Opal/37

Apr 01 07 03:14 pm Link

Photographer

DRL - imagography

Austin, Texas, US

Larry Brown Camera wrote:
I favor mature models smile

Me too.  Wish there were more of them here.

Doug
imagography / DRL

Apr 01 07 08:03 pm Link

Photographer

Photography by Martin

Tyler, Minnesota, US

SsinUrn wrote:
hey now.... some of us young-uns can be mature and responsible too

Not the same kinda mature, and most can't hold a candle to the 40something WOMAN... smile

Apr 01 07 08:08 pm Link

Photographer

Lost Coast Photo

Ferndale, California, US

Yes, the additional life experience can contribute to images with a lot of depth and nuance.  I pretty routinely work with models well into their 30s, and have on a couple of occasions worked with people in their mid-50s.  No drama, no games.

Apr 01 07 08:14 pm Link

Photographer

Patrick Walberg

San Juan Bautista, California, US

Ageless Beauty wrote:

Mature models have a sensuality that comes with age, wisdom, and confidence; and this sensuality comes through in their images. 

I find that mature models are willing to experiment with poses and locations in the name of developing artistic images.  That explains why mature models have portfolios with a variety of images that go beyond straight portraits.

Finally, it is my experience that mature models are punctual, courteous, and a pleasure to work with. 

Doug

Absolutely true!  When I have shot with a mature, and experienced model those been the most productive shoots in the shortest length of time.  Doug, thanks for the positive words.

Apr 01 07 08:15 pm Link

Photographer

AndrewG

Mesa, Arizona, US

imagography-DRL wrote:

Me too.  Wish there were more of them here.

There are...

And there are probably about a dozen threads about them too.

Apr 01 07 09:04 pm Link

Photographer

Jim Ferreira Photos

Livermore, California, US

Ageless Beauty wrote:

Doug

You failed to mention they are also rare.  The females, that is.  I'm talking over 35 or 40, now.  Males are plentiful right up through their 50s, but females become scarce after 35 or so.  Pity, too, as they make splendid Femme Fatales....

Watch your back!

Apr 01 07 09:14 pm Link

Model

FitnessDiva

San Diego, California, US

Yes and who says women ove 40 can't be sexy...?  I am 43 and love it! Always on time never canceled and enjoy meeting people..I had a shoot today and it lasted 6 1/2 hrs, why? because we had great ideas and lost track of time..wait till you see the photos...HOT!
Carolyne

Apr 01 07 09:23 pm Link

Model

Anne of Ohio

Columbus, Ohio, US

Ageless Beauty wrote:

Doug

I love you

Apr 01 07 09:29 pm Link

Model

mia vaughn

Chicago, Illinois, US

Ageless Beauty wrote:

Doug

thanks , mia Vaughn...50 y/o

Apr 01 07 09:29 pm Link

Model

Peggy V

Birmingham, Alabama, US

My life really did begin at 40...been modeling for 3 years now and having the time of my life....

....and yes, i DO believe I bring something unique to the images....and a lot of that has to do with maturity and life experience!

So here's to us!

Peg

Apr 01 07 09:32 pm Link

Model

Seth Mitchell

Long Beach, California, US

Photography By Natas wrote:
I love mentally mature models.

LOL..who says we act mature?  I personally pride myself on reverting to being a twelve year old when the moment strikes me wink

Apr 01 07 09:47 pm Link

Photographer

Christopher Lewis

Farmington Hills, Michigan, US

Models are acting, but without vocalization.  There are many physically attractive models, who can not act.  A good model utilizes her life experience to visually portray an emotion, mood or look.  A mature model has a far larger reservoir of life experiences to draw upon.  Also, they tend to be more reliable and professional, and from a photographer's perspective are usually fun to shoot.

Apr 01 07 10:00 pm Link

Model

Lapis

Chicago, Illinois, US

yeah women of all ages! but I love to photograph female and male models older than 25....

Apr 01 07 10:04 pm Link

Photographer

Darker-Side of-Midnight

Southfield, Michigan, US

Yeah.... I agree about the maturity... both from a mental level and a if you will seasoned approach. The ability to draw on life experiences and translate them ...to use them... to act them out...

But hey What do I know I will always be 27 in my heart.... its the rest of me that aged...

Apr 01 07 10:09 pm Link

Photographer

Image Magic

Houston, Texas, US

There is a good reason to celebrate the beauty of a woman who wears her years well as an exquiste expression of beauty.  It is best to celebrate them for the beauty they give to the world and share it with us.

Apr 01 07 10:22 pm Link

Model

kellyg

YOUNG AMERICA, Minnesota, US

You guys are so awesome!  Threads like this make me want to shout to everyone that I'm 36.  Thanks for appreciating and recognizing all the positives that a mature model brings to the shoot!  That's true professionalism.

kellyg

Apr 01 07 10:39 pm Link

Photographer

Patrick Walberg

San Juan Bautista, California, US

I'm making a list of some of the models here on this thread that if I do some traveling, I'd like to shoot with.  This is a very positive thread!

Apr 02 07 01:35 am Link

Photographer

DRL - imagography

Austin, Texas, US

This is an interesting and positive thread.
Good to see so many mature models contributing as well as photographers.

Apr 02 07 05:50 am Link

Model

Lynn Louise

Harrisburg, Pennsylvania, US

40 is the new 20 and I can honestly say that I look and feel better then I did when I was 20.  I have tons more confidence and I know who I am now.   I just wish there was more work in this field for mature models.
For me, when I see a pic of a mature model.....it takes my breath away.....the confidence...the sexiness....the way she/he presents themselves is like no other image.  To think that someone in their 40's or 50's can produce images that make other's go "wow" is truely remarkable to me and I applaud each and everyone one of you.....

https://i107.photobucket.com/albums/m300/linder4/memodel5.jpg
Lynn
41 :-)

Apr 02 07 07:31 am Link

Model

Jennifer Lauren

Minneapolis, Minnesota, US

I love this thread. You, guys are great.

Age is all in your mind.
xoxo

Apr 02 07 07:49 am Link

Photographer

DRL - Toshima-bijin

Austin, Texas, US

Dutch1 wrote:
Yes and who says women ove 40 can't be sexy...?  I am 43 and love it! Always on time never canceled and enjoy meeting people..I had a shoot today and it lasted 6 1/2 hrs, why? because we had great ideas and lost track of time..wait till you see the photos...HOT!
Carolyne

Carolyne: 
That is what I like about working with mature models ... the session is so much fun that I never want the session to end.  I get my most artistic and adventurous shots by working with mature models.

Doug
Toshima⋅bijin / DRL

Apr 02 07 10:53 am Link

Model

Dana Rodriguez

Moorpark, California, US

How great it is to see this post!!

I'm turning 35 in July, and having an issue with it - but to see this, helps quite a bit.

I remember my 20's and not knowing what I know now, and wish I had my youth with the knowledge I have now.

Anyway, thanks for this thread! It's great!!

Apr 02 07 10:58 am Link

Photographer

DRL - Toshima-bijin

Austin, Texas, US

mia vaughn wrote:
thanks , mia Vaughn...50 y/o

Mia, you forgot to mention "50 and fantastic".

Doug
Toshima⋅bijin / DRL

Apr 02 07 02:28 pm Link

Model

Linda Hartley

Austin, Indiana, US

Jim Ferreira Photos wrote:

You failed to mention they are also rare.  The females, that is.  I'm talking over 35 or 40, now.  Males are plentiful right up through their 50s, but females become scarce after 35 or so.  Pity, too, as they make splendid Femme Fatales....

Watch your back!

We just get better with time I like to think.

Apr 02 07 02:33 pm Link

Model

Linda Hartley

Austin, Indiana, US

Don't you think we should put together a publication about how to look and feel terrific past 40?

Apr 02 07 02:35 pm Link

Photographer

blah girl

Hillsdale, Illinois, US

Moraxian wrote:
Amen!  Several of the best models I've worked with are over 40!  smile

I wish I could find some mature models.. there dosent seem to be any around here..lol.

Apr 02 07 02:36 pm Link

Photographer

TRIPOD

LanaV wrote:
LanaV is there @ 43!

Sweet mother of Jesus!  You put to shame some 18 year olds!

Apr 02 07 02:38 pm Link

Photographer

New Tampa Photography

Tampa, Florida, US

A special shout out to all the lovely and sexy ladies 35 and over. LanaV, Kathy Jean, Dutch1, Patricia Daniels, Peggy Vee Kellyg, Lynn Louise, Jennifer Lauren, Dana Rodriques & Linda Hartley. These women are to be congratulated for keeping physically fit and sexy and showing the younger girls how to keep your body fit and fine!

Apr 02 07 02:44 pm Link

Artist/Painter

Art of Vincent Wolff

Wheaton, Illinois, US

I wholeheartedly agree----these are among the most beautiful and talented women on MM.  Love them all!

Apr 02 07 02:58 pm Link

Photographer

New Tampa Photography

Tampa, Florida, US

Here are a few more beautiful and sexy ladies 35 and over on MM. Chech them out! Charla Bather (252599), Roula (259456), Lean Yuong (301723), Melody W (311883), Leea (318885), Sienna Shea (321517), Patrica Pease (256298), Deannia71 (340660), MizzKim (343108), Robin Heather (362285), Ophelia Vixxxen (366370) & Lindy Molitor (368948).

Apr 02 07 03:16 pm Link